Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:48 pm
With all eyes on the bronze, a little blue was being marshaled by blue Red & Green Paper over to the Candidates. See any of them there that you like? Any of them in that line?] It might have been a line for the bronze, but Blue Ornament Blue had no objections taking a look.

Unfortunately for him, his more petrified blue brother stopped right in his tracks.

Do we... Do we have to look? They're not Mine. Surely they're not mine. They were his bronze brothers boys---which meant he would have no choice but look at those who remained. There were so many hopeful girls, and yet... would no one want to look at him?

All the boys wanted a bronze.

He knew it.

He was doomed.

Wings drooping, the blue melted into a little heap. Go find Yours, brother. I'll... I'll wait.

Blue Ornament gave an impatient sight. Honestly. If you wanted something done you had to do it yourself. Still, if his brother absolutely must brood, than so be it. It's really not that hard. Just...watch and I'll show you how it's done!

- - - - - -

The Candy Cane Brown was pleased with turnout. Though eyes might not be on him, it didn't slow him down. Giving a languid stretch, only too happy to show off his beautiful self, the brown decided to take advantage of what he had.

He trotted easily past Christmas Tree bronze, and even so much dared to give him a nuzzle as he passed. Good idea, sunshine. You won't mind if I just take a quick once over, would ya? Course not! And without waiting for permission, the brown swaggered down the row of boys lined up so neatly.

Of course, Brown Rudolph spread his wings and tried to step in front of him--only to find his brother leaping well over him. Hey now! These aren't for you! Halt! He ordered, trotting quickly after the confident Candy Cane, who hardly seemed to notice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:53 pm
Candidate Rhys - HR - He/Him

He might've been in line for the Bronze, but his eyes? His eyes kept darting to the others. Sure, he was doing as he'd been asked, but how could he not look at those beautiful Blues and stunning browns, and the GREENS! They were all so lovely, and deserved his attentions just as much.

Candidate Eyriean - HR - They/Them

Their eyes were for that frightened little blue, worrying quietly over him. Poor thing, they hoped he would find His. They hoped so dearly that he would, and would find some peace.

Candidate Brenva - HR - She/Her

Curious. How different they all were. She hoped that the attitudes were...Well. She dared not think what she wanted to. Only good things. She was trying to hide the thoughts of home. But it would be okay...Right?  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:53 pm
Ionan waited in the line. The angry blue had impressed and he let out a breath. Good. Kinye was safe. He looked towards the bronze ahead. Then, towards the crowd. His siblings were watching, somewhere.

But now was time to focus. He veered his eyes back to the bronze.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:00 pm
Keris - HR

From her high perch, Keris had been watching quite happily throughout all the proceedings. Babies were certainly spirited in this clutch, and though she worried briefly here or there, she knew there were those set in place to help the little dragons should they need it. But the brown with all the swagger of the world on high made her smile, if fleetingly, watching him jump over his brown sibling.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:02 pm
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Rider/junior Weyrwoman of Gold Mictecath

“I’m a fond believer in practice making better. Plus it was funny to watch you during weyrlinghood- you have gotten better. I think.” She grinned at him. “I don’t really have anyone in mind. I was just going to wait and see if anybody was keen, or steal someone if they were free…” She sat back in her seat, watching the hatching unfold before them. “I’ll be sure to pull you up for a dance too, even if my feet must suffer the consequences.” Nyara laughed again, masking concern for the young man beside her beneath her bubbly affection.

Yura’s stammering gave Nyara’s grin a shark-like quality. Oh, how fun this was. Poor Yura was such a sweetie- she had to be nice. Not toy too much… “Ohh, congratulations to her! How wonderful!” As he continued to speak about his family, she nodded. “Funny how the world works, isn’t it? But here we are.” Being a weyrwoman was… definitely a different game to how she had once played it as a child, but she would not trade her life. No, not at all.

Mictecath sent her a wave of love and pleasure.

“Oh look, it seems to have settled a little… Impressions!” She clapped politely for the new pairs, not sure if she recognised them. “Well, the weyrlingmasters will have their work cut out for them already. And I thought we were bad.” Well, no, she hadn’t thought that. She thought they were great. Numerous, yes, but great. Though some had been lost- and she kept her melancholy under lock and key- she still thought of their weyrling group as great, and as family… She didn’t want to ask the question that burned her tongue every time she saw western-brought riders: would they go back, once their five Turns had been served?

“I’m just glad there’s going to be a big Feast soon afterwards. Nothing like a big breakfast to kickstart your day, right?” Now they were back on safer, more comfortable ground.

Mictecath settled comfortably against her brown brother. As a certain green arrived, she perked up with a croon. My dearest Cythereath! Oh, how glad I am you’ve arrived. Her voice swelled with affection, and she lifted her wing to embrace her. Once the green was settled comfortably beside her, she nuzzled her too. My ledge is big enough for us all, and I would be overjoyed for some cuddles. There was no tact when it came to cuddles: love was a wonderful thing, to be shared and enjoyed by all.

A familiar mindvoice made a comment that caused the young queen to chuckle, and she peered around for her clutchmate. Ingonth, please join us! There’s plenty of room! There was the unspoken expectation that Nanuth and Cythereath would shuffle closer to her: Ingonth would get his pick of side and she would drape her wings over them all. Yes. It would be perfect. How many more dragons could she pretend to fit beneath her wings?

That's very fortunate for her, Nanuth. I have been trying to persuade my rider to stay warmer, but… ah, I won’t trouble you with that now. She felt a sharp, shocked retort forming in her rider’s mind, but waved it away with a touch of affection and amusement. I do trust you. I am glad all is well. Mic let her tail brush his, a flicker of the strong bond they had formed during weyrlinghood.

Mictecath turned her attention on the babies hatching beneath them, humming contently. However, her eyes greyed as blood and ichor was drawn, and it was only tradition and will that kept her firmly in her place. How desperately she wanted to protect them from hurt. Zenobiath knew best, and this was her clutch… It would be well.

It’s going to be fine. Look, they’ve Impressed! And healers are coming. They’ll be all right.

I hope you are right... She trailed off, tail now flicking to twine with Cythereath’s, for a moment. Love and family must be protected at any cost: they would come to understand.

houllow
For Yura! <3

Uta
For Cythereath! <3

Smerdle
For Ingonth! <3

Dea and #Teddy#
For Nanuth! <3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:04 pm
Dorok

The Ding Dong blue seemed to have found another subject for his ire, and Dorok straightened his shoulders to brace for him to turn his attention to any of the other boys in the line. But he didn't. He stopped, whirling eyes turned upon the young man he'd focused so intently upon and Dorok recognized it immediately. Impression. That had been His and he was laying claim before any of his brothers, who were all starting to take a look at the line in some variety, could have a look.

Envy panged in his heart. A fine blue, really, but he'd not even for a moment thought the dragon would look his way. Not when his brother quivered with fear of the line. Would the others look upon this line as being leftovers? Was he leftovers?

Dorok couldn't help but frown. No. He wasn't.

-----

Kahbrohm

And neither was Kahbrohm, who regarded Candy Cane brown with interest - he'd touched that egg. He'd been a confident beast in the shell as well and hatching had not made him lose interest. "Just as good as I thought you'd be," Kahbrohm dared say out loud, knowing fully well he was standing in line for a completely different dragon to have his look.

But what was the problem with taking advantage of his position to admire a little bit? Especially when there was a handsome brown right there just begging to be looked at?

--------

Kinyegele

Oh, littl Snowman blue! Kinye was looking at you! "Hello sweetheart! Do you want to come stand with me for a little bit?" she asked, knowing perhaps she'd get in trouble for it but....he looked like he needed a friend! And Kinye was happy to be it if even for a little while!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:23 pm
Candidate Tarnaria

Watching the browns and bronzes again, Tarnaria was mildly amused by the antics of the browns. Such a bold one! But her attention, once again drawn t o the blues and greens, focused in on a scared little blue. How had she missed him? Or perhaps that had been his intention, to not be noticed. Oh, such a sweet little creature he was, and possibly rightly afraid of his much larger brothers. She shifted on the sand, wanting to go to him, to comfort him and let him know it was alright, he'd find His in due time. But she resisted, keeping back or risk the ire of everybody.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:23 pm
Lelte / HR She/Her

With the browns and bronzes drawing the majority of the attention, she spared a thought or two of admiration. But they weren't for her. She was beginning to think that perhaps she wasn't meant for a green or blue . And she didn't dare hope for anything more. But she had felt the kindness and affection from some hatchlings which buoyed her spirits, so she was fine.

She tried to look to the greens, and maybe a blue... she kept her thoughts calm and pleasant. Hopeful. But still, she remained not near the front of the candidates, but nowhere near the front and center.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:25 pm
Rundanrul - W

Rundanrul watched as some of the boys were herded to line up before Christmas Tree bronze, others went on their own accord. While Rundanrul wouldn't deny the bronze his time to shine, he wasn't going to simply fall into line like the other boys. No, if that bronze was his, he'd wait for him to come to him. There were other eligable dragons on the sands, after all, including the two browns that were moving quickly passed the line as well, one inspecting and the other chasing.

And then there was the Santa bronze. It was a bit heart-wrenching to see such a majestic creature look so sad, so for the first time that session Rundanrul reached out mentally to give the little dragon a reassuring pat on the back. Just because his brother had a line of Candidates didn't mean any of them were worthy. If one wanted to be a bronzerider, one should be giving the orders, not taking them.

---

Versha - HR

Vera snorted softly in amusement at her sister's silent comment, but she had to agree. So far it was all boys that had Impressed. Not to worry, though. There were still a fair number of dragons left that could Impress girls and she wasn't terribly worried about it. One egg was still left to hatch, too, and some of the dragons weren't even investigating anyone yet.

Patience. They'll come.

She kept her eyes before her to stay alert, but did wink one eye, positive her twin would notice.

---

Fivudal - Healer

Fivudal could tell the shock was wearing off as Miela's breathing began to grow a bit less erratic, but deeper and shakier. The pain wasn't a problem as he ensured numbweed was on hand for any new gashes he had to stitch up, but the realization of what had happened was probably starting to get to her.

"We'll get you fixed up once this is over," he said, just speaking to keep himself occupied and Miela calm if she was listening to him. "Just got to wait to see if you'll Impress too, yeah? Your partner may be out there today, we wouldn't want to disappoint them by having you off the Sands too soon." He was impressed that she had remained conscious through it all. While there had been a good amount of blood loss and severe trauma to her face, he was sure she'd make it through just a little worse for the wear. Thankfully she had two eyes, so losing one wouldn't end her career before it even began. He kept those thoughts to himself, though, as he worked on the last of the bigger gashes.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm
Candidate Nalacko - she/her

She winced as one handsome marked blue went careening into the line of boys lining up for the bronze. It was a relief to see him with rainbow eyes latch onto a boy from the line. One of the browns decided to take advantage of the neat line of boys. Nala chuckled softly at his spunk. Hopefully he'd find his.

The teen took a moment to look around the sands at the others not involved with the line. She noticed the two blues. Seeing the wings droop of Snowman she tried to think of nothing but love and welcome. You can do it! If you need some time though, some sit with us. We'd be happy to keep you company while you wait. She would return the favor of one little blue at her last hatching, who'd lent her his support by sitting with her awhile.

demon_pachabel
Juhvek

Tsunake
Oranie

Meepfur
Elibrie

Dea and #Teddy#
Zamistia and Nanuth

magnadearel

Shikai-Chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm
Valeska - she/her - High Reaches

Valeska watched the blue run down the line and find his. Despite the original madness of the hatching, things seemed to settle down now amongst the dragons. In fact, the line of boys seems to be working very well as she watched the bronze walk down the line inspecting them all. The noticed the second blue take an almost depressing look at the line. She wondered if it was okay. But soon there was more commotion that caught her attention as a brown decided to take a look at the line of boys himself much to the bronze’s dismay. She turned her eyes back to the saddened blue. Hopefully, he would be able to find his soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:40 pm

The little Blue Ornament Egg looked away from the Candidate she'd been speaking to, something, or rather someone, having drawn her eye. Excusing herself with eyes whirling a bright blue-green, she trotted over to where all the excitement seemed to be.

Not with the boys lined up in a row.

Not with any of her brothers.

But with a man and a fallen woman lying in the sands. Don't you worry one bit--you'll be okay! The little green spoke to Miela, trotting up so she stood next to Fivudal while he worked. This little green had no doubt that the girl would heal up with nary a scratch...

And strangely enough, Fivudal would suddenly start to think that too.

Setting down next to the man, she gave him a small head-boop, but at least was understanding that he shouldn't be too bothered. If you need me to do anything, I'll help! I can cheer her up while you do the patching. Or I can hold the bandages--I promise not to eat them. Or would you rather I just sit here and wait? I, admittedly, don't know how long it'll take, but I know she'll be back on her feet in no time! Whatever you want me to do, Fivudal, your Arwainth is here to help. Always and forever. Until the end.

User Image

SilverLutz

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:50 pm
Ryala

It seemed that, while the green was polite and cheerful, she was not looking for Rya. Still, it was good to know that the lovely girl had found who she needed.

Well, the hatching wasn't over yet! Perhaps one of the others would find her worthy!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:51 pm
Rahmsii - HR - [he/him]

How completely sweet! The prickle of worry for Miela lessened - with another set of hands (paws?) Helping her get on her feet. He hoped she be feeling well soon. He kept an eye on Miela a moment, seeing her being cared for and tended to, by a very fine pair of healers indeed. She'd be fine, good. He watched the display of impression - happy whirling eyes, and the surprise on their face. So lovely for them, and he meant it to his core. Hands clutched as his heart a moment, with such sweet joy.  

Spockat

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:52 pm
Verica

Just that wink her sister gave her was enough to have her chuckle gently and elbow Vera in the arm. They would definitely come, eventually. Maybe. She wasn't in a rush to impress either, she wanted to see all these candidates and knew full well that it might be turns before she did so. As long as she had her sister the entire weyr could kick women out and she would just shrug.

Veri had skills.

---

Miela

Training her one hazel eye on him, trying desperately not to move her hands to take stock of everything as she could tell the numb areas and it was everything from the shoulders and chest upward nearly, she just... Miela sunk into a sort of malaise. Which only deepened when a green dragon approached and she knew what was happening.

Don't you worry one bit--you'll be okay!

Swallowing her anger, which this baby that had just come to find her rider didn't deserve, Miela finally moved her hands and went to push the healer from her. "Ge- 'way. 'e wi' 'er." It was mushed thanks to her stitched lips and mouthful of blood that hadn't really gone away the entire time she'd been laying there. She didn't want to get in the way, she'd be reprimanded for that surely.

She would be fine...

SilverLutz

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games