Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Anakumath's Hatching] From a Little Spark May Burst a Flame Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:57 pm
Surel

It seemed like no time at all that Dys was back on her feet and Surel was being pulled back to the sands.

"Oh! Um!" The more volatile dragons had Impressed, it seemed, and although there were plenty of ichor and blood stains on the sand, things were settling down now. Surel was still wary but she let Dys lead her back to the throng of remaining Candidates to take up another spot among their peers.

"Just. Just let me know if you want to go back," she said, her voice only slightly shaky. "If you need more numbweed or something." She'd be happy to help her hobble back over.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:58 pm
Iskernyk - Standidate - He/Him

It was hard to miss the strut of the last bronze on the sands, the swagger of his step as he perused through and nuzzled at different candidates. But nothing could have prepared for him to stop at a familiar candidate -- and it’s with an excited bounce in his seat that he spied the rainbow whirls of those facets at his brother.

Oh, to be so privileged to be able to come and witness such a momentous moment, that his one and only sibling should have found His on the sands when Iskernyk could witness it. The joyful laugh out of him didn’t compare to the beam across his face. He’d have to give proper congratulations when he saw Rahmsii (oh, what would his impressed name be?!) at the feast later.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:02 pm
Haveli + Brown Sathanaseth

"Did he now." Haveli looked down at the rather portly blue with a look of amusement. The corner of her lip twitched up into a smile as she switch from dragon to rider, the smile growing bigger. "No harm no foul, there's plenty of room here for everyone and we were just about done." A glance over her shoulder at her lifemate indicated yes, they were, as his eyes were rolling more towards red than the satisfied blue they should have been.

We're plenty done. Sathanaseth's voice held that same snap that it once had on the sands, the bark and bristle against someone else being a little too close for comfort. It didn't matter that she could still feel some pangs of hunger in his stomach, not quite small enough to ignore; someone else was here now and the brown was done. Let's go. He spread his wings out as he got up from where he'd been sitting, making sure to let his size show to his much smaller, far chubbier, less impressive younger brother.

Haveli shook her head and moved to place a hand on her dragon. "I'm talking, and I'm saying you're not doing eating. Someone finally made it here, let's have fun and eat with family." The brown bristled up again as his eyes roamed into a redder shade, though he didn't make to move. He instead turned and bared his teeth, warning off the blue to stay away. "Don't mind him. Congratulations to you as well, Vannek. Or, what are you going to go by now? And what is the name of your lovely little blue?"

Haveli was content to talk, but for his part Sathanaseth kept his tail slowly swaging back and forth. He was watching you, Nimiseth.

Smerdle
digust.png

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:09 pm
Kinyegele and Metisoth

Even the dismissal of a golden sister wouldn't push Metisoth from where she remained, sobbing girl tucked carefully against her as the dragon gently hummed and waited for her to get it all out. There was no judgment, just patience and understanding. Soon enough, that fountain of unexpected feelings would all dry up under the beautiful sunshine she knew would radiate from her beloved.

Truly, Kinye had not expected the first rush of emotions that had come with impressing to be absolute waterworks, but the flood slowly ebbed away, cut off by an ugly sniffle. Only once those shuddering heaves slowed to something manageable did Metisoth push.

It is time we went for food, Metisoth said, her words confident and completely true, a guiding hand for a girl who wouldn't have fumbled that step, but who was glad to not have to wait her head to settle appropriately back upon her shoulders to remember what it was she was meant to do. "Of course..." she said softly, finally standing up and rubbing a hand at her eyes. "Her name is Metisoth," she introduced with no small amount of pride, but an involuntary shudder in her breath that gave way to a hiccup. She was a mess. You are a lot of feelings, dear Kinye, and you are feeling them. No shame.

She stood corrected.

Many even that day had walked back towards the feeding table and Kinye had seen many more in the past few Turns of standing, but it was honestly a surprise she'd never really wondered what it looked like before then. She stood, looking at who was still seated before taking a deep breath and find a spot of her own, taking her first moment seated to sniffle and wipe her entire face off on her robe. It was....not a shining moment, a little gross with the snot and tears that still threatened her. As she composed herself, Metisoth carefully took stock of who was there, moving to nose one of the buckets towards Kinye until the girl reached out to scoop it up herself.

"I have twice as much room to think and all I'm doing is getting lost in it," she half-joked to her fellow Weyrlings (Shards) as she moved to start cutting, each piece neat and precise as to not be a choking hazard. It was the first day of a new life.

And you were not the least I could have chosen. Metisoth noted while Kinye's confidence continued to knit itself into place.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:11 pm
Are you really disappointed? The brown asked, sounding a touch worried. He still hadn't moved from the sands, but his eyes were locked onto one boy in particular.. I know we didn't get to talk for long at all when you touched my egg, but... well, it didn't matter. I knew then that you were mine. Your Ignaviath loves you a lot, Rundanrul, even if I'm not as shiny as my brothers... Though normally he would have resisted the effort with everything in him, the brown heaved himself to his feet with a sigh. Slowly, steadily, he plodded through the Candidates to reach his one and only rider.

But that doesn't matter, right? You love me, too? Love and affection radiated from the hatchling now, even as he collapsed at Rundanrul's feet to stare up at him with swirling rainbow-eyes.

User Image

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:21 pm
Dystzha - Western - She/Her

“It’ll be alright.” Dystzha beamed a touch, still smiling as she found them a place to stand once more. Her hand found Surel’s arm, squeezing it tight. She’d keep them safe. She had at the last clutch they’d stood for, and had when the brown had wanted to rampage. Of course she’d make sure Surel was safe.

“We have, what --” Dystzha takes a minute to scan the remaining hatchlings left. “Five? Five -- four, to witness impress, and then we can relax, yeah?” Those beautiful babies deserved every set of eyes on them, even as she watched one of the browns impress.

Valian - HR - He/Him

Throughout everything, as soon as the angry bronze had impressed, Valian had allowed himself to relax, and finally step back into the crowd of candidates. So many impressions around him, and the babies were finding Theirs so quickly. It was a joyful thing, even as he’d still had the memory of Juhvek still lingering in his memory.

He’d been happy to latch onto Rundandral for the hatching, to move as the other, older Western candidate did -- but as he watched the last to hatch brown emerge, and suddenly make his way to the other’s feet, he couldn’t help but give them some room, even as he beamed. “Congrats.”

SilverLutz

Iskernyk - Standidate - He/Him

It was hard to miss the strut of the last bronze on the sands, the swagger of his step as he perused through and nuzzled at different candidates. But nothing could have prepared for him to stop at a familiar candidate -- and it’s with an excited bounce in his seat that he spied the rainbow whirls of those facets at his brother.

Oh, to be so privileged to be able to come and witness such a momentous moment, that his one and only sibling should have found His on the sands when Iskernyk could witness it. The joyful laugh out of him didn’t compare to the beam across his face. He’d have to give proper congratulations when he saw Rahmsii (oh, what would his impressed name be?!) at the feast later.

Tuelarua of Green Palouseth

From her perch up in the stands, Tuelarua had watched the hatching with rapt interest. It was quite the different experience watching everything from up on high, but it gave her a better view to watch Rahmsii and Miela. Even as there was blood of red and green on the sands, the sickening crunch of a candidate being flung -- there was so much joy, so much love. Impressions still wonderful, beautiful, bright.

Miela impressed to a lovely little green, the one who hatched first, who had spent time moving about the sands. Oh, she couldn’t wait to properly meet her, and there was no denying the small wave of pride from her own dragon.

But Rahmsii -- who had lined up for a different bronze’s order, was suddenly found with a bronze, a different bronze -- in front of him, and she waited on baited breath before those facets turned into those beautiful rainbows, and she can’t help the excitement that bloomed, the bright flare of happiness through her bond with Palouseth. He had impressed!  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:26 pm
Impression Post
To say he hadn't noticed the bronze approaching would have been a lie. He had remained in his new position, not wanting to risk the ire of one who had commanded the boys in place originally. They had all been trained to be alert while on the Sands, especially when in the proximity of dragonets, and the metallic dragon was difficult to miss--especially after the chaos and commotion he had caused. He had wondered at the bronze when he peeled away from the twin golds...

But he had not expected him to stop and settle himself before him. If his muscles tensed, it was hardly surprising. The little beast might well have killed a Candidate, and Rahimar was no fool. Still, his thoughts held no reproach, nor malice--simply a healthy respect, and an admiration for what he was--a dragon.

Yes. You'll do very nicely. My dear Rahimar, your Hybreoth is hungry. Attend me. I've waited ever so long.

It wasn't the voice that surprised him--but his words. His name. His order. There was a sudden expectation that the dragon would be attended, and Rahimar couldn't help but stare in sheer, and utter amazement. Logically, he knew that this bronze had, but moments ago, maimed, if not out-right killed, a Candidate. And yet... The feelings that welled up in him were absolutely, utterly, overwhelming.

Riders could never fully explain what Impression meant, or how it changed a man--and, in Rahimar's case, he could only imagine felt like the highest-high pulling off a complicated fire-trick, or the loudest roar of applause from a crowd. He had imagined it would feel like finally getting his due, or all the marks he craved... but now that Hybreoth was here, now that it had happened, he realized it was so much more.

Rahimar had never thought himself a lonely man, but to have Hybreoth's mind melded with his own, he suddenly couldn't imagine life without it. Everything fit into place so seamlessly--he knew his dragon inside and out, just as his most perfect bronze all his secrets, all his desires, hopes, dreams, and hidden fears. His flaws were as forgivingly accepted even as all his virtues were praised. He was accepted fully for who he was--even as he accepted everything about the dragon sitting before him. They were truly meant to be together, and their mutual adoration was a feeling equally shared. The Candidate--no weyrling-- felt so much damned pride for his dragon, that he could not, and would not, stop smiling. He had always known he was destined for greatness, and his most handsome bronze was better than he could have ever hoped to imagine.

Any dragon was a good dragon--Rahimar had never sought only metallic hide while on the Sands--but Hybreoth was absolutely, utterly, amazing.

Never mind what had happened on the Sands mere moments ago. He could not punish Hybreoth even if he wanted to--and at this very moment, such a thought was non-existent. No apology was needed from Hybreoth, who had already moved on and forgotten such a thing. The punishment fit the crime, and there was certainly no need to dwell. Perhaps later, in a less triumphant moment, he might consider all that happened and take this bronze to heel--but not here, not now, and not with the bronze gazing up at him with such a gorgeous rainbow regard.

Rahimar's heart was well and truly full.

And you shall wait no longer. Finally, he reached forward and ran his hands over the bronze's eyeridges. There was no fear, no hesitation. His skin was softer than any dragon he'd ever touched, and his patterns more resplendent than any dragon he had ever seen. What a handsome pair they'd make, and both rider and dragon knew it.

A little further back. There. What a foolish lot they all were, not bothering to come to me when summoned. The bronze did not bother to break his adoring gaze from His, but R'him could already feel the iron-clad offense that sat deep in his Hearts. While the bronze would not deign to give such impertinent Candidates the honor of his regard, His knew the slights that he would carry with him until the both went beyond Between.

If he could, R'him would have stayed there forever--cherishing the moment, giving his best beast all the adoration he had been previously denied. But there was food to be had, and now that he had found His, Hybreoth wished to reunite with his clutchmates, and take his place among them. He didn't not need to ask--for R'him already knew--so the man pulled himself to his feet, still beaming. Hybreoth gave a small stretch of his wings for show, before tucking them against his sides, and together, the pair moved away from the Sands.

If anyone said a word about Hybreoth, or the mess that the bronze left in his wake--it didn't matter. Not to Hybreoth, and at present moment, not to R'him either. Let the rabble talk, for a feline did not concern itself with the opinions of the sheep.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:30 pm
Now it was time!

This was his moment, if ever there was one. It had taken so much to bring him here, to this place. To his would-be rider's side. His dear sister had buoyed him onward, keeping him afloat as he strove to brave this last hurdle. And it was indeed a hurdle. He had been afraid, but now he was quite certain.

Alisaide... my Alisaide... he paused, lending the moment a quiet sense of gravity, or so he thought, Will you not join your Elpisath at the feeding table? I know that you have waited for so long for my company, but... please forgive me, I had duties to attend to. He hoped, rather than thought, that his rider might understand.

Peering up into their eyes, his own eyes whirling with rainbow, the little blue wished with all his might, and clung to the moment as tightly as he could. They were the only one he'd ever wanted. Might he be Theirs?

No. 2 Pencil II softly stepped aside, allowing this moment to be Alisaide and Elpisath's, finding a quiet place on the Sands to Stand and observe. This was as it should be.

User Image

Zaikt

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:39 pm
Dehka and Green Lufianth

His wounds were thankfully shallow, and once they were properly cleaned and bandaged, Dehka immediately turned his full attention to his adoring, but hungry dragon! "Let's get you something to eat." He said cheerfully. Lufianth happily thrust her head under his hand, staying right by his side. Please! We can say hello to my brothers and sisters, too. She had no doubt that Dehka would love them just as much as she did. In fact, as they approached, she sent small waves of love to Nimiseth, Sathanaseth, and Metisoth. Congratulations to you all. Oh, and how she meant it! They all deserved nothing but happiness, and she was so grateful that they'd found it.

Dehka could only smile at his fellow new weyrlings--Faranth, he didn't think he could stop smiling. "Hi, everyone." He croaked, his eyes still red from his weeping. He carefully pulled a bucket over, beginning to cut meat into small enough pieces for Lufianth to manage. She took them gently, careful not to accidentally n** his fingers. From the looks of things, Kinye was as just much of a mess as he was, and found himself grinning a little awkwardly. "Part of me was convinced this wouldn't ever happen." He confessed to no one in particular. He knew how silly that was, now.

I never meant to make you wait. Lufianth apologized, and he paused to lean down and kiss her brow. I would have waited forever for you. He promised, and, reassured, the little green happily resumed eating.

Smerdle

houllow

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:40 pm
Dalini - HR - She/Her

Utterly enamored with the baby dragons, she’d flinched at such shows of violence -- but this was what they were prepared for, wasn’t it? It was the danger they stepped into looking for their lifemate, and she can only be a bit drawn up. There was such lovely babies, and for her first time standing, she could only be so lucky to see them up close.

Her friend that was standing on the sands had impressed, and while she was happy for him, Dalini could only shift over to the side, glancing about for the remaining babies. Three wonderful, sweet dragons to find Theirs. Oh, she couldn’t wait.

Maybe she could meet one personally at the Feast. Oh, she could only hope.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:41 pm
Elibrie and Kesucianth

Though he'd hated to rush His and take her from her sister, Kesucianth had been in a hurry to get off the Sands, well out of the way of his remaining siblings - especially the shining ones - as they went about their business. Not that he wasn't terribly hungry and in need of a meal, but his primary concern was getting him and His out of the way. So he'd guided her carefully to the feeding tables, and ushered her to a spot he felt would be best...which, at the moment, was whatever would give them the most space possible.

The pale blue would politely acknowledge any clutchmates already present - with varying levels of deference based upon hide color - but his focus, for now, was his Elibrie. His poor, precious love was still rather in shock, and he knew that she needed time; that took precedence over any want he might have to socialize, and he kept himself pressed close to provide the support and comfort she was in such desperate need of.

Elibrie was distantly aware that she probably looked a pathetic mess, just as she was aware that she should be greeting her fellow weyrlings, socializing, congratulating, celebrating, but she didn't have it in her. Everything was raw and numb all at once, her eyes were bleary and burning, and she felt like she was going to be sick. And the guilt, Faranth, the guilt, that she was here and her sister was not. That Juhvek was not. She felt like she had abandoned or betrayed them somehow, and she wanted so to check on her dear friend.

But even if she could have, she knew it wasn't possible regardless, that she would only be useless and in the way, but...

Gently, Kesucianth rose up to rest his forefeet on her shoulders and lean his weight into her to bring her back to him, here and now. There is nothing you and I can do but wait, my heart.

And...eat? Just a bit? He hated to ask even this of her, but she was quick to assure him it was no trouble, and he need never hesitate to tell her what he needed or wanted. For she did love him with all her heart, battered and bruised though it was.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:52 pm
Re'nori of Green Inannath

Re’nori carried Inannath to the feeding tables and was loath to put her down despite the mounting hunger he could feel. But finally he did and moved to start cutting up meat. He didn’t know anyone but that wouldn’t stop him from talking. No sir. “Hello!” He was full to the brim with happiness and it seemed to spill out of him. “It looks like I am going to need some more winter gear.”

Lufianth, Inannath reached over to nuzzle her twin, congratulations to you. Congratulations to all of you. She extended her thoughts to all her siblings. You all picked the very picture of perfection. Re’nori began feeding Inannath cubes of meat and looked around at the people that would be essentially his family for the next turn. It could be worse he mused. Privately to him, Inannath told Re’nori, You could have never come here. The thought made him very glad he had decided to participate in the candidate swap.

Tsunake

Quote:
All the Weyrlings

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:54 pm
Well... it was all very anticlimactic, and maybe that was for the best. There had been such a show earlier, and this young queen had no desire for such a thing. Nor did she desire to wait too much longer. Still... it was not necessarily easy, with the press of bodies, to tell where Hers might be. She'd been so certain she'd sensed her somewhere nearby, but... where?

Where was No. 2 Pencil II's rider? Excuse me... I'm looking for Mine, but I can't seem to find Her, she said softly, stepping into the crush of that crowd, as gingerly and delicately as though she were stepping on brittle glass. Oh my, this was not going to be easy! Her wing tips tried to catch at white robes, and ... oh dear.

Quote:
Little girl's looking for Hers... but might accidentally clip Candidates on the way if they're not careful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:55 pm
V'ek and Blue Nimiseth

A dragon with more self preservation would have taken the brown's mantling and silent snarling as a threat, but for as long as Nimiseth had been conscious of his clutchmates and the world outside his egg, Sathanaseth had been there, a burning ball of fury in his mental periphery. Nothing to be afraid of. He wouldn't crowd his brother now that they were free to move about, but that was mostly because he was finally getting what he had craved since before he had been born. Food.

Unlike many babies who continued to chatter while they ate their first meal, Nimiseth closed his eyes and leaned into Vannek's leg, pockets of pure and silent delight bursting in his mind with every bite. It made the man pause, and it was a bit of a struggle to pull away from that feeling to answer Haveli's questions.

"This is Nimiseth," he said, regaining his smile. "To be honest, I'm not sure who I'll be. This wasn't even an option a few months past, and I haven't given much thought to my name."

V'ek! the blue chimed in, speaking to the brown as well, even with his eyes still closed. With the arrival of Lufianth and hers, Nimiseth sent a wave of welcome, but didn't otherwise move anything beyond the muscles of his throat.

Vannek waved as Kinye, Dehka, and Re'nori joined them, quick to continue cutting. "How about you?" he asked Haveli. "Will you change yours?"

houllowxxx
yum_bacon
Tsunakexxx
wave
faesingerxxx
wave
demon_pachabel
c:

Smerdle

Scamp

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:59 pm
Rhylune-High Reaches- She/ Her

Rhylune shifted on her toes, looking over the head around her and catching sight of the little queen. Aww, she was so cute looking! She settled back down, rocking on her heels. She hoped she found hers soon! She deserved all the good things and she wanted her to be happy...

Well she wanted all the dragons to be happy, and little black cat brown. 5  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces