Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

QuillionAramis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:06 pm
Ok, I'm on a roll.

I'm not sure if there are any RPers here, it doesnt really matter, I dont expect anyone to read this.
Almost every Rp I've joined has died. I finished one. And out of another 6-7 only two have been active in the past week. The others have just died by lack of others posting.
This is rediculous. If you're going to join an Rp, and you've made the commitment to get far enough in the story, f**king stay and finish it! Dont duck out cuz you dont know what to do next. Dont suddenly disappear and not post saying your done. I've looked at your profile, I know you were on just yesterday, and I sent you a PM. Let me know that you're gone. I dont care why. I hate being abandonned. Suck it up and tell me. It's not like i'm going to kill you in real life. I cant send my hand through the screen and strangle you. A simple "I dont want to play anymore, thank you for the game." will suffice. I will reply "Ok, that was fun, thank you for the time you invested in it and the time spent to PM me."

scream Stupid jerks.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:26 pm
QuillionAramis
Ok, I'm on a roll.

I'm not sure if there are any RPers here, it doesnt really matter, I dont expect anyone to read this.
Almost every Rp I've joined has died. I finished one. And out of another 6-7 only two have been active in the past week. The others have just died by lack of others posting.
This is rediculous. If you're going to join an Rp, and you've made the commitment to get far enough in the story, f**king stay and finish it! Dont duck out cuz you dont know what to do next. Dont suddenly disappear and not post saying your done. I've looked at your profile, I know you were on just yesterday, and I sent you a PM. Let me know that you're gone. I dont care why. I hate being abandonned. Suck it up and tell me. It's not like i'm going to kill you in real life. I cant send my hand through the screen and strangle you. A simple "I dont want to play anymore, thank you for the game." will suffice. I will reply "Ok, that was fun, thank you for the time you invested in it and the time spent to PM me."

scream Stupid jerks.

Oh, I hear you! One of the RPs I attempted to start a month or so ago had all the positions filled; but, not even two days into gameplay, players just poofed out of existance.

Some players were respectable and sent me PMs apologizing for having to drop out - but a pair of players really pissed me off when - instead of simply sending me a PM and informing me they had to drop out (one of the rules I had set in place before the game even started) - they thought it would be 'cute/funny' to send their n'00b' friend to leave an insulting message on our OOC thread, stating the pair was leaving and trashing the other players by saying 'if u hav a problem wit dat, u can kiss der asses!1!'.

Yeah, nice! stare  

Madame_Fluffy

RoleOfAQS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:54 pm
QuillionAramis
Ok, I'm on a roll.

scream Stupid jerks.

Welcome to summer, the Bane of RPs.

I HATE SUMMERS! No school... I actually LIKED school! I could be away from that lack-of-parenting... And I learned stuff. Sadly, I can't afford college...

But then, RP Summer Season hits. It's when everyone says: SCREW YOU, IT'S SUMMER!

...You did NOT just tell that to your lovely GM goddess. Fine. I give you a time limit. If you're not back by when school starts where I am, I greet you with my lovely BANHAMMER.

Why is it that people think that RPs will wait for them? That's what timeskips are for. If the RP is held down with stagnation, the GM and remaining loyal players reserve the right to either -

Timeskip, skipping ahead in time and making up the result of the last plot
Write them off, which uses timeskipping to a lesser degree, but drops the need for their characters to be there to finish the story.
Die, the most feared of all actions. Nobody is willing to go on, or the GM went poof to. And thus... Game death. Maybe you've got a system like RPoL, and can have the Admin allow you to take over as the new GM after a certain period of GM inactivity... but if not, you're screwed.

Oh, it's also freaking hot.

I hate summers...

Furthering the RP motif...

I hate it when people don't realize the obvious.

There are two basic rules in Roleplaying. Play nice. Make it fun.

So then... why did I have to spell it out and define punishments?

Role's Rules and Regulations
Rule No. 1) NO GOD-MODDING! God modding will result in a severe reprimand, and removal of the post in which it happens. Upon second offense, the player will be banned.

Rule No. 2) You can be an original character. No canon characters from any game, show, or anything else. PERIOD.

Rule No. 3) Keep this place PG-13. Some language is allowed, as long as it isn't too bad or too often. Intimate relationships are allowed, but just don't post them. We can know that you did it - we don't need to know how. Breaking this rule will will result in a severe reprimand and deletion of the post in question. Upon second offense, the player will be banned.

Rule No. 4) Use grammar and spelling to the best of your ability. Failure to do this will result in a warning. Continued offenses CAN result in banning.

Rule No. 5) Users must acknowledge the correct passage of time. This has a few meanings.

A: You MUST post in accordance to what time it is in the RP. If it's morning, and you go on to say Konbanwa, and describe the lovely sunset, you will get a lot of weird looks and a warning from me. I'm a little more lenient on this one. You get three warnings for this before I boot ya.

B: You MUST go to places in order. That means you have to go from your dorm, to the the common room, to the halls, and THEN to the classroom. You have to go from place to place, just as you would in real life. It helps to keep people from acting too fast, as well as giving other people a chance to interact with you on the way. You only get two warnings for this before I boot ya.

C: You MUST act in an appropriate timely manner. This means you can't do everything at once, you can't reply to everyone at the same time, and most of all, you can't act so fast that nobody gets a chance to reply to you. This is treated as though it is godmoding, so be VERY CAREFUL with this. You only get ONE warning.

Rule No. 6) Fights must be pre-planned. I'm personally tired of seeing half-assed fights where both players are trying to win, rather than actually doing a good job roleplaying. This in course often leads to godmoding, which you can be banned for! So instead, before you get into a fight, plan it out first over PMs. Figure out who is going to win ahead of time, and figure out what happens in the battle. Then go and post it in detail. Basically, you have to figure out an outline of what happens in the battle, and then from that make it good in your posts. I'll be watching for this, as the GM can monitor pretty much all PMs. This rule is more for everyone's enjoyment and as a precaution against godmoding, so you'll only receive warnings for breaking this rule unless you break it on a regular basis, in which you will receive a temporary "Coma Ban", as you're character will be put in a coma in the last fight, and you'll be banned for the length of an event (basically you'll be restricted to the OOC).

Rule No. 7) Posts MUST have meaning behind them. This is the second most important rule, next to the No Godmoding rule. The point behind this rule is that your posts must have substance. You can't just say one line and try to pull that off as a post. For example, if your character is asleep while activities are going on around them, simply posting stating that they sleep soundly is NOT allowed. In such a case, your options would either to NOT post in the RP itself, but rather have conversations in the OOC, or to post something such as a dream sequence. One liners are simply not allowed. Breaking this rule will land you a severe reprimand, required editing or deletion of the post in question. Second offenses will land you in an OOC restriction. Third offenses will result in the banning of your character due to horrible roleplaying.

Is there some reason, that even after spelling it out THAT clearly, that I still have people applying to a Magic School RP with NARUTO?! Of all the uberpower mage stuff you could pull of, or even a freaking Harry Potter ripoff, you chose an idiot ninja boy? Not only that, a NON-CANON CANON CHARACTER?!

Wait, you did not just auto hit! To the brig with ye!

Oi, you just went from one country to the next in 0.07 seconds. Congratulations. You die upon impact due to the insane speed you traveled. Too harsh? Too bad. You broke too many rules already.

How hard is this to understand? Seriously?!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:07 pm
oh boy i am full of the complaints today my daughter is being a pain. my siblings are whining to spend the weekend with me and my husband. my useless father is not only and old fart but is cheating on my mother. he is such a horrible person. boy am i so frustrated i really want alruna's rose but i have zero cash and not enough gold so ahhhhhhhhh!  

Kansas Red

RoleOfAQS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:28 pm
New complaint...>_>

After being here a while... I've seen that (and I'm guessing that it's because it was featured) we seem to have some impostors... Or, at least, people whom refuse to at least act in a more mature manner.

*sighs*

Anyone else think that the Featured Spot might have been an attack on us? Brats love popular stuff, after all... And many of them don't even try to hide it... Is it that hard to ask for a decent discussion without having someone coming in with a quick illiterate one liner thinking they contributed and were 'adult'? I mean, even if I became aware that this place even existed, due to the feature, it seems like that might have been a double edged sword...

It is easy to lie about your age, but also easy to prove you lied. If you're gonna try to play the role of adult, at least try to stay in character, kids. That way we might not care that you're kids, and will enjoy the talks...

Did y'all have this kinda problem before the feature in this guild, or has this just started happening?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:49 pm
I am going to MOCK every one who calls into their cell phone company and answers a simple question with a stupid one.

Question: What kind of phone do you have?
Dumb Answer: It's a (Name of Cell Phone Company) phone.
My Thoughts: Well DUH, that's all we sell.

Question: How can I help you today?
Dumb Answer: Yes, I am a (Name of Cell Phone Company) customer.
My Thoughts: Gee, you think? I wouldn't be talking to you otherwise.

Those are my top two pet peeve answers (if you can't tell, I work for a cell phone company). Here are some other stuff I thought is just stupid (but funny)

Customer "My phone keeps shutting off when I press the PWR button when answering a call."
My thoughts: This isn't seen as much, but older phones labeled their power buttons PWR.

Customer "I didn't know you had to put the battery in to make the phone work."
My thoughts: *facepalm* A cell phone is an electrical device people. It needs a power source.

Still work related, they're making the call center move it's reps around so this makes six...maybe seven? I've lost count....desks moves I have done since April while everyone else has done only one or two.  

Dragon student

Dangerous Survivor

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:39 pm
I can't stand anyone in my class, they are all full of fake smiles and annoying giggles.
I have to park in the boonies because the university sells more parking stickers than they have spots for
I am one of six people in a class of 24 that did not get a client to work with even though its part of a requirement for my degree but they did not have enough clients
The passenger side's weather strip flung off of my car while I was driving it
Spent money to go and watch an outside play and we rained out with no rain check or compensation
My job is on a month to month lease with no idea if the owner plans to shut it down or not because we make around $20 a day, couple hundred on weekend but its the best job for when you are in college  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:43 pm
Dragon student
I am going to MOCK every one who calls into their cell phone company and answers a simple question with a stupid one.

Question: What kind of phone do you have?
Dumb Answer: It's a (Name of Cell Phone Company) phone.
My Thoughts: Well DUH, that's all we sell.

Question: How can I help you today?
Dumb Answer: Yes, I am a (Name of Cell Phone Company) customer.
My Thoughts: Gee, you think? I wouldn't be talking to you otherwise.

Those are my top two pet peeve answers (if you can't tell, I work for a cell phone company). Here are some other stuff I thought is just stupid (but funny)

Customer "My phone keeps shutting off when I press the PWR button when answering a call."
My thoughts: This isn't seen as much, but older phones labeled their power buttons PWR.

Customer "I didn't know you had to put the battery in to make the phone work."
My thoughts: *facepalm* A cell phone is an electrical device people. It needs a power source.

Still work related, they're making the call center move it's reps around so this makes six...maybe seven? I've lost count....desks moves I have done since April while everyone else has done only one or two.
my boyfriend works at a call center in the customer service department so I understand those stories.Its always funny when people get angry because he can't give them a all the retarded demands they want and then they say "Well I am never shopping here again" and its like "Oh no, your order of $100 every couple of years to a multi billion dollar company, how will we ever survive?"  

Creepy Clown Town

MojinR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Gaia panel was boring at Dragon Con. I might still go to gathering though. I've made no friends at the convention and found out small talk with obsessive geeks and nerds is harder than small with normal people. Ugh.

Prepping to move + attaining a convention = stress.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:17 am
I was wondering do we have an Role playing forme here? it sure would be a good change to role play with more matuer people then kids. And maybe more fulfilling and less drop outs. I'm new here and already i noticed alot of you guys are reguler and i'm sure you don't have a bed time (( unless the nurse says so)). i kid i kid, but no really we should start one. alest ther won't be no more school life this and girls lost in forest and what not.  

BatGirlJinx85

Dangerous Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Gaian 50

BloodFire_420

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:41 am
Tarotess
oh yeah baby...complaints....ok. how's this?
i need a job
my mother rides my a** too much- me its my dad
i fight with my ex too much- need someone before i get a ex
i need to get laid- i must totally agree with you on that so do i
i'm hungry-i can make dinner cuz i am kinda hungry right now
and i'm cold- i am always warm and i love cuddling
and lately life just makes me wanna scream till my head explodes scream

*pants*...whoo..well now...that felt good. i'll have to come back later and do that again.

im gonna deside to be a smartass old guy and add a few things in next to hers biggrin ye  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:05 am
jinx85
I was wondering do we have an Role playing forme here? it sure would be a good change to role play with more matuer people then kids. And maybe more fulfilling and less drop outs. I'm new here and already i noticed alot of you guys are reguler and i'm sure you don't have a bed time (( unless the nurse says so)). i kid i kid, but no really we should start one. alest ther won't be no more school life this and girls lost in forest and what not.

I agree. Us geezers should have a more mature and literature RP for us to have fun in. Unfortunately I haven't seen one another.  

MojinR

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:08 am
*plops down into one of the huge comfy beanbag chairs in the mainroom*
Ahh, I remember these! *sits for awhile, contemplating the situation*
Umm ... Nurse? I need help getting out of this stupid beanbag! ... NURSE !!! scream  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:17 am
Ugh!
Have I got a list to complain about for ya...

Why the devil isn't eurovision song contest about the music? who are these idiots anyway? It's this way with idol and all those other Singing contests too! People aren't voting for the "best" musician, noooo, they vote for whoever "looks pretty"! If you needed to "look pritty" to produce good music then the Cash and the Beatles and MANY many others would have been boo'd off stage.
And speaking of music! Who's idea was it to call these glorified instruments artists? Artists create something, they don't just look pretty and say/sing/wear whatever they are so told. Last time I checked, a lot of these pop-favorites are not artists, they are glorified instruments at best!
And speaking of instruments. Who's the person who had the bright idea of teaching the flute to all the 6-8 year olds in iceland? What the devil posessed them to subject parents and siblings and anyone else within earshot to that torture. The flute is Not a pretty instrument. Even when well played it's obnoxious!
And speaking of school! What the hell is with teachers today? You HAVE TO assert authority over the little ones. The teacher HAS to take the position of "boss" in the classroom or the little ones will grow up with no respect for the teacher what so ever. And why don't the teachers have more authority in this and a lot of other countries?
And on the topic of children, or more specifically, other people's children! Back when I was young we knew we were to obey our parents or we'd be punished, we didn't climb on the chairs and tables in restaurants, making everyone's dinner experience a pain. We played outside and we listened when we were told to sit down. Why are parents today so incapable of diciplining their young ones? These undiciplined children will grow up unable to take a "no" and guess what that'll lead to?
TEENAGERS! that's right! I went there... What the hell?!? Do these teens have Nothing better to do than being rowdy and obnoxious and drunk every weekend? I hear them outside my window at 11pm when I'm trying to get some sleep!
And on the topic of sleep! I'm getting utterly rubbish sleep and probably have been for a long time. See, I have fibromyalgia, and I could go on all day about how annoyed I am about it but... I'll just stick to this.
How can this country expect me to be able to work 40 hours a week when I can barely keep up keeping my house in order because I'm constantly exhausted and in pain! How dare you expect me to work "full time"!! I should have the right to "some" bloody benefits just to be able to make ends meet!
And speaking of politics in general!
Why the devil are people so reluctant to take responcibility for their own choices that the even refuse to vote? Honestly! Your vote is your voice, and you can not be heard if you refuse to speak. To everyone that doesn't vote, as far as I am concerned, you have given up your right to complain about ANYTHING politically connected. This includes any and all of the following; Economics, taxes, goverment spending, legislation, the public school system, etc.. etc.. etc.. and anything related to that. If you don't like how things are done, vote for someone else to do it!
That's all for today, be back later with more.. (and believe you me.. I got a Lot more)  

Miniar

pretty hate machine

Toxic Nymph

17,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:44 pm
Dear Gaia admins and staff,

I understand the need for advertisements on your site to make money to pay all of your developers and the likes, but why in the world did you have to add the damn adverts with sound? This is a bad marketing ploy, seeing as the only thing these advertisements succeed in doing is annoying the sh!t out of me and/or scaring me half to death. I would enjoy it very much if you'd remove these advertisements. Thanks.

-pretty hate machine

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games