Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Quotes: do you have a favorite one? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a fave quote?
  Yes
  no
  Poll whore
  don't know
View Results

124-C

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:32 am
La Belle Isolde
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. - Helen Keller

The common sense metaphor!

And Tsuji, what's number one?

Basically any iteration of "It's better to have loved and lost than to never love at all."

I think it's just a pretty ******** dumb thing to say.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:51 am
"Sorry, all out of mercy" ~Ghost Rider

"I'm the best at what I do" ~Wolverine

"One's companion may well be the saving grace of the soul" ~Bishamonten

"You can learn a lot more from listening than you can from talking. Find someone with whom you don't agree in the slightest and ask them to explain themselves at length. Then take a seat, shut your mouth, and don't argue back. It's physically impossible to listen with your mouth open." ~ John Moe

"Naruto sucks and you know it. Get over it" ~Tsujigiri-San  

Arcanas

Hunter

Bluebart_11

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:38 pm
Death is like sex in high school. If you knew how many times you've missed it you'd be paralyzed.

- Georgia - dead like me -  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:59 pm
"Say what you mean and mean what you say, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Good ol' Seuss. <33

KiBowie

Dapper Dabbler

Princess_Arwen_19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:17 pm
"become who you were born to be"-lord of the rings
"people shouldnt be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people"-v for vendetta  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:47 pm
"Your life is an occasion. Live up to it."

-Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

mugen2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:43 pm
good things come to those who wait. - Spike Spiegel (cowboy bebop: knocking on heaven's door)

but they also come to those who pursue their dreams. - i added this part because my folks would always tell me this.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:34 pm
User Image

Rhett Butler
Gone With the Wind =D  

XxBl00dy MurderxX

124-C

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:57 pm
mugen2005
good things come to those who wait. - Spike Spiegel (cowboy bebop: knocking on heaven's door)
*eye twitch*

I'm going to let this one go, but please, for the love of god, don't breed...

XxBl00dy MurderxX
["Frankly, my dear Scarlett, I don't give a damn."]

Rhett Butler
Gone With the Wind =D
That line was actually written as, "Frankly, my dear, I just don't care." in the script (despite it being "My dear, I don't give a damn" in the book...)

Fortunately, the producer felt the ad libbed line was better and was going to pay the $5000 fine to use it. Then, due to an amendment to the censors a month and a half before the movie's release, it became allowable because the line was in the book...

Still one of the best movie lines ever.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:48 pm
Bluebart_11
Death is like sex in high school. If you knew how many times you've missed it you'd be paralyzed.

- Georgia - dead like me -

rofl ah, so true...  

~DR.MOOFASA~

WhiteFangGirl06

Unbeatable Raider

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:16 pm
Here are some of my favorite quotes,

" You don't know what you have until its gone"- Unknown

" If you meet the Buddha kill the Buddha if you meet your father kill your father free of everything you are bound by nothing, live life to the fullest."- Sanzo from Saiyuki (anime series)

" When life gives you lemons make lemonade" -Unknown  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:57 pm
hmm fav qoutes... o heres some of my favs ^^

Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.
~ Stephen King, Roland from "The Last Gunslinger"

How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then they believe what they read.
~Karl Kraus

Love, love, love -- all the wretched cant of it, masking egotism, lust, masochism, fantasy under a mythology of sentimental postures, a welter of self-induced miseries and joys, blinding and masking the essential personalities in the frozen gestures of courtship, in the kissing and the dating and the desire, the compliments and the quarrels which vivify its barrenness.
~Germaine Greer

oooo but my fav of all quotes come from George bush....oo the things he says...lol.. like...

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
OMG, i have much more, but i should stop now...lol  

samulalovato

124-C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:36 pm
WhiteFangGirl06

Another ******** stupid cliché...

Quote:
" If you meet the Buddha kill the Buddha if you meet your father kill your father free of everything you are bound by nothing, live life to the fullest."- Sanzo from Saiyuki (anime series)

"There are two types of freedom, freedom from and freedom to. You have been given the former, don't underrate it." — Some chick that was quoted in a book I read once and I can't remember who it was...

Quote:

"When life gives you lemons... Make grape juice, sit back, and let everyone try to figure out how you did it" — Don't remember, don't care...

@sam — Baby Bush bashing is in vogue right now, but someday you'll learn to think on your own and you won't think it's so cool. Alternatively, the herd may shift direction and you won't think it's so cool...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:58 am
124-C
WhiteFangGirl06

Another ******** stupid cliché...

Quote:

"There are two types of freedom, freedom from and freedom to. You have been given the former, don't underrate it." — Some chick that was quoted in a book I read once and I can't remember who it was...

Quote:

"When life gives you lemons... Make grape juice, sit back, and let everyone try to figure out how you did it" — Don't remember, don't care...

@sam — Baby Bush bashing is in vogue right now, but someday you'll learn to think on your own and you won't think it's so cool. Alternatively, the herd may shift direction and you won't think it's so cool...

The second one wasn't altered from its original dub version it was just as it is said in the series unless i forgot it. Same with the second one its said as it has been as far as I know. I was in a good mood for something and peaceful but screw that now you are going to feel my wrath. *gives death glare* I admit I might have messed up on the first one since I didn't remember it completely but this is whats your fav quotes. That doesn't mean I need to make up my own quotes for this topic its just which ones you like its a called a GENERAL TOPIC!!! If all you came on this topic was to target my post then go make a bashing topic or something jerk. If I missed up then just tell me what it really is and instead of bashing people you _____ *starts going off on tangent*. scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream . Have you even seen Saiyuki before?
You're the one that can't think for himself jerk.
Another Fav quote is from a dubbed version of an anime series called Ghost Stories,

" Have you accepted Jesus as your personal savior" Momoko says really fast
" No Im Jewish" Reo says  

WhiteFangGirl06

Unbeatable Raider

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

samulalovato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:01 pm

ok hun, first of all, "bashing" wtf man, r u for real, LOL i was not "bashing" him, i was "qouting" his words, so if that sounds like bashing then take it up with bush. second, "vogue" u serious, haha, ya that term would work if we were discussing Hoop skirts . and third, im sorry, if i read the topic wrong, i didnt see where it said "do u have a favorite quote 124-c would approve of", o my bad *cough sarcasm*. i worte this quote for the same reason others wrote theirs, cause i like it, i like quotes that make me laugh, so if u dont agree with it, well too bad. its wot i like. anyway nice meeting u.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff