Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:41 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"Ah!" Amila nodded, looking to her newfound friend.

"And even then I think we're doing okay. I mean -- I heard in our lectures people have died on the Sands, so maybe we've been lucky and this is an easier hatching than usual." Amila noted gently. And to think - if they were the worst off and still able to return, from Faren's tales to lessons.. Why... They may not Impress but they were still lucky indeed to only scar! And Amila could live with not dying!

"I hope the babies find their people soon. It's rather hot and they must be famished, the poor babies." She sighed. She wanted to feed them, but that was rude. Their riders had that duty, so until then she'd watch the stragglers roam and hope they Impressed thewir Riders soon, and got fed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:45 pm
The young woman was lurking at the back of the candidates. She was feeling quite superfluous this hatching as dragon after dragon found their lifelong partner. For once her attention wasn't riveted on hatching dragons. Jynnat dug her toes into the sands, her mind quite elsewhere.

It didn't stay there much longer as a night sky wing marked blue made his choice, both vocally and mentally. She blinked rapidly as a rush of emotions washed over her. Jynnat knelt down and wrapped her arms around her precious blue. "Of course you are the best Begath!"

Releasing him, she held her head proudly and led the young dragon to the feeding tables.  

magnadearel

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:51 pm

The little Brown snuffled Amila and Farensil's hands, and while he seemed to find them interesting, they were not who he was looking for. He moved on, a hint of concern coloring his eyes yellow. Was his there? Was he sure that his was still--

Oh! Oh! Oh yes, one of these, right over here. One of these was his rider! The dragonet moved through the crowd until he stood before Karone and Lenix. But, while he stared deeply into Karone's eyes for a long moment, when he turned his gaze to Lenix, his eyes took on a rainbow hue. There was his perfect, true match! The one he had hoped might touch his egg, but to no avail. Lenix had thought that another Brown might be well suited to him, but how could he have known?

Lenix, your Kratoth has found you at long last! But why are you so sad? Surely you have been waiting for me, too! They were meant to be together, forever and always, and while Kratoth knew that there would always be a special place in his rider's heart for Karone, surely there was room enough for them both.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:10 pm
ShinosBee

The hatching -while amazing!- seemed to be winding to a halt. And like her friend, Nebbi was already turning her mind to the feast that came afterwards. "Yeah! I bet you a hundred marks my dad's is better!" she said, and even though that was a bet Vitre could, objectively, win, she knew it was also one he was too sweet to take. Anyone who knew her knew how defensive she was of her uncle's livelihood. He really was the best though, in her eyes.
"Nebbi, really.." the man sighed tiredly. Nebbi turned her head and shrugged, causing her to miss her friend's momentary hesitation. By the time she'd turned back around, he was already going on. She started bobbing her head again in agreement. "Yeah, and then.." And then?

She frowned. Vitre was acting strange. "I don't know?" she said, giving him a weird look. She'd never heard of Thanoth. Was this the start of a joke or something? But vague annoyance turned to worry when Vitre continued to look so concerned. "What is it? Are you okay?" she asked, looking worriedly as his mom. Then it all clicked. Thanoth. Thanoth. This was happening for real. Not just a dream or a fantasy! He was really impressing. A wave of joy was followed almost immediately by one of panic. Oh no! He was leaving! The sadness of that hit her like a punch in the chest and she nearly gasped, her eyes starting to sting. Her best friend!

But she shook herself before she let that feeling settle. Her friend needed her right now! Vitre seemed to be figuring out the same thing, and he slowly rose and began to move towards the sands. "I'm going too!" she said, standing up in her seat.
Her uncle's scowl was immediate. "Nebbi, you-!"
"Not onto the sands. I know.. I know I'm not allowed on the sands. Just until we get there. Please?" she said, and finally he nodded.

Chasing after Vitre, she grabbed his hand with both of hers and squeezed it gently, only letting go when they got to the edge of the sands. It might've been a small gesture, but she hoped it gave him some kind of support. They
talked about it like it was nothing, but this was nerve-wracking and terrifying at the same time as it was happy. In their daydreams, thread was the always-beatable enemy they never failed to triumph over. In their daydreams, no one ever went between and never came back. The thought of him going into the Weyr alone, of fighting thread alone, was so.. It was just so.. She pursed her lips as they started to shake, trying to swallow the tears welling in her eyes. She'd stay here until he disappeared from view, then go back to her room and cry and wash her face, so by the time they met again at the feast, she would be nothing but happy for him.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:24 pm
demon_pachabel

Cinonth
Cinonth had been watching the Hatching intently, cooing over the little dragonets, humming his encouragement, and sometimes warbling when the matches took place. He knew his rider was still distressed about Dristan having to leave, and while he comforted his rider with love, there was nothing else he could do.

Dristan was needed, after all, and fixing up babies was Very Important.

So when a little voice flickered in his mind, his eyes suddenly whirled a bright blue, and he sent a wave of fond greeting back. And hello to you too, young Aurinkoth! I see you've cleverly found me. Oh, how the blue practically gushed with pleasure and delight. He wanted to see the babies, but knew they had to eat, and there were more babies left to Hatch. So to have one of them reach out and say hello... Well, the blue couldn't help but be pleased.

I saw you find yours, and know you two will be very happy. I'm so glad to have searched her! If he conveniently forgot that it was a second searching, well, what did it matter? He still had done it all official like, even if H'sad had been a brat. Congratulations, an perhaps my rider and I might get to meet you later this day. Well after the little blue had fed and been oiled and rested.

Blues were the best, after all, and they would need to stick together! Ichta had been his Candidate, after all.

~~~~~

DruidTigeress

Teiha

Alusia gave a proud smile when G'len questioned whether or not she had family out there. "I have two -- a son and a daughter. They're standing next to each other, right about where---" And then she stopped. While she had gestured delicately to where Cahlusi and Alumet were standing, she witnessed the blue dragon Impress her son.

She hardly heard either G'len or Lucayr, her heart suddenly jumping to her throat in surprise and joy. Oh, had he-- Had her eldest really just Impressed? Quite suddenly she felt it hard to speak, and her eyes stung. While the crowds were cheering, she could only watch with pride and wonder as, yes, Cahlusi had ineed found a match.

Lucayr seemed to confirm it.

". . . Oh, my precious baby," she murmured mostly to herself. After all this time, her son ha finally found a dragon all his own. As the boy moved off, her eyes did turn back towards her daughter, and her brows knit. Oh, sweet daughter mine... You will find yours one day. I know it. If Cahlusi found a match, than surely she would too. And even if she didn't, then surely Alumet would find a life full of happiness and joy. She had moved n after aging out -- but Alumet had so much time left.

"Mom! He did it! Cahlusi impressed! That's my eldest brother," the shyer young girl told both Lucayr and G'len proudly, pointing. She was beaming with excitement. "Oh, oh, do you think Alumet will too?"

Alusia didn't know. She was speechless, and couldn't be more proud.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:32 pm
NovaCracker

Faren chuckled, nodding at her new friend, then found her eyes wandering, tapping Amila's elbow gingerly to get her attention and nodding towards the child at the bottom of those giant steps and one of the other candidates. "Two more gone." She couldn't help the drop in her heart. The numbers were dwindling. Soon there would be only the gold left; one last chance for the girls and the end of the boys' time on the sands.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:42 pm
The Heirophant walked among the Candidates, pausing now and then to look about him. When Uridith brought Death over to the Stands, the blue dragon seemed to shake his head, and make a sound almost equivalent to a tut. Really now. Why go up there when there were plenty of good eggs here?

Haha, get it. Eggs? And it's a Hatching? Well, actually, the dragon didn't really get it, because the eggs were in pieces, and having a Candidate in pieces wasnt good, but he was sure someone had thought something clever like that before. Somewhere. Oh well.

Picking his way through the Candidates, it was quite obvious that this blue had no interest in the women folk. Those ladies were meant for his sisters, and honestly, that was probably best. No, a girl would not do for this blue, but then....

Then there he was.

His eyes suddenly shifted from a happy blue-green to rainbow, and he ran -- not too quickly, but fast enough-- to the boy. Rhey! I found you! I see you're standing far away from all the earlier commotion. That's probably good -- let those in charge handle any future fuss and fight. We should focus on eating now, don't you think! Your Eleusith is pleased to 'meat' you. Get it? Cause I'm hungry? Oh ho, he laughed at his jokes, and hoped Rhey would laugh with him too.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:43 pm
Uridith

Uridith had been watching over the remaining hatchlings when one that she knew had already impressed came galloping up. Or well, waddling. Still, the gold was a bit amused, and a bit concerned. Darling Lemath, what are you doing back here? You're meant to be with your new rider, little heart! Go on back, and I will visit you once the rest of your siblings find theirs, alright? She didn't mean to be dismissive of the green, but it might distract those not yet secure in their bonds. She would, she decided, actually be sure to visit as many of her new children as she could after all this. If not right away, at the feast or just after. Or morning, if they were all too busy.

Vitre...or rather, V'tre

He barely felt Nebbi's hand in his as he came half running down the stairs, but he did feel the loss of it as she let go to let him slide onto the sands and coil protectively, desperately around Thanoth. "N-nebbi?" His voice shook as hard as his shoulders were as he struggled to get hold of himself. "H-her name's, she's, she's Thanoth and...!"

The green, eyes slipping from amused green-blue to distressed pale orange-yellow, cried out. This was not very fun any more at all! She could feel her Vitre's love for her, but she could feel his pain too, his fear and loss. No one had ever trained him, told him to guard his mind and feelings from his new bonded partner, and the floodgates were wide open between them. It's alright, Vitre! We can wait, I can wait. She really could wait, she hadn't tired herself out. Her belly...was grumbling quite roughly now, but her Vitre needed this. It hadn't really come to mind for Thanoth that there'd be anything for her Vitre to leave behind. He was meant to be hers, after all, and that's just how it was. The idea that it was her fault that he was hurting? She didn't like it one bit, and her distress looped back into him, and his into her and...

V'mel

A hand dropped onto Vitre's shoulder, and the gruff man it was attached to fixed the watching, tearful girl with a baleful look before disregarding her. "Come on then boy, up you get. Your pain is hurting her, and you're a rider now." Shards and shells but this clutch. At least with the other one, with Dristan, he knew the man'd had candidate training before. This kid? The boy crumpled with the dark green was just as green himself. Some hold-brat that'd come to see the show, no doubt, and already drowning. "She needs fed. Up." His voice became a harsh commanding bark, and his hand slid to wrap around the boy's upper arm (and crackdust but he had no muscle! The kid would be threaded in a turn if he made it that long at this rate) and literally hauled him to his feet. "Go. There. Take her, and take care of her."

Only once the boy—he'd forgotten to get a name, blast all—had tearfully nodded, lurched to hug his friend in the stands one more time, and begun the long sniffly trot towards the alcove with the rest did he set off after them. Like it or not, the boy was a weyrling now, and thus in his care. As if he didn't already have a headache the size of the red star.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:45 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"Yeah. Maybe we can help move others' things after this while the Feast is happening. At least then we can think about other things." Amila too, was feeling disheartened -- he friend was getting passed over again and Amila's heart reached out for the girl. If able, she'd have a dragonet Impress her, even if it meant Amilqa never Impressed, but she couldn't, so, the girl held her friend's hand instead, and offered a reassuring look.

"And we can move next to one another in our barracks, before the next Search group comes!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:52 pm
She didn't find her mother dismissive at all. She just wanted to nuzzle up to her for one more second and gave a happy chirping noise up to her.

I'm visiting! I can still see mine. He's there! Do you see him? He's the most special one here. She gazed over to her most precious R'am, who was watching her with a pensive, hopeful look. Her eyes swirled happily before she gave one more nuzzle to her mother and then skittered off to go back to visit the ones at the feeding tables. Those checkered wings twitched and folded and unfurled as she talked, her tail saying this way and that.

Following her blue brother's calls, she'd greet them with happy bugles. Hello siblings! You've found yours! Your most perfect yours! Hello! R'am-mine needs friends! Do urge yours to go talk to him sometime! Not that she wasn't more than enough company for hers, but she sensed he wanted some human connections too. She waddled back to him, circled his spot before trying to make her way under the table. Maybe bits of fallen meat were here! Not that was was starving anymore, but there was almost always room for more.

R'am watched his soulmate with an exasperated expression. "Lemath!" he said out loud, laughing, trying to catch her before she got too far. He managed to haul her out from under that table and put her in his lap. She was so heavy, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

"You're going to wear yourself out before the feast!"
ShinosBee
(Scurry awaaaay)

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:57 pm
NovaCracker

Faren snickered. "Hey, now, don't give up. There's still..." She looked over the mounds and wandering dragonets. "er... There's still chances. And little miss empress is girl's only, so at the very least, still one more chance you'll be packing your own things." She took Amila's hand anyways. "But if we're both still 'single' after this, i think could share a hallway with you."

She couldn't help leaning in close. "I suppose it would be a good chance to see your favorite boy's room, huh? Not that we'll be much good moving stuff right now." She shrugged her injured arm a little higher and stifled the wince from the movement. ~Shards, the quikal haze is almost too thin now. Almost hoping I don't impress like this... can't imagine what that would do to the hatchling's mental state.~

... Almost. The booze wasn't THAT thick.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Finally. At long last, blessed silence. The stillness that had come over the Sands was broken by the hatching of a single egg. A medium sized egg in a beautiful shade of lavender. The High Priestess slid out of her egg like a knife through butter, and stood upon the Sands, watching all who had assembled. She knew their minds inside and out, apart from the ones who now lingered in the Stands. They weren't for her, but she did know who was. Unlike her sisters who had asked for help, this Green dragonet needed none. With strident, sure steps, she walked right up to the Stands, and gazed up toward one face in particular.

Mennick, if you would kindly come down at once, I am waiting to be fed. That, naturally, was far more important than observing the last dragonets hatch and Impress-- and quite a few had, a green here, a blue there-- so she awaited his response. Obviously it would be a yes. Who could say no when their bonded called to them? I grow tired of this place, and wish to soon be free of it. My name is Veledath, and before you ask, yes, I know you weren't officially registered, but I don't especially care.

User Image

Melomar

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:01 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"Favorite boy?" Amila laughed softly. "No, I don't think there's one here right now. But I think you have hope of Impressing!"

Ami9la smiled, then motioned.

"And for my arm.. I've handled angry animals. I mean. they're not entirely the same, but I've moved heavy things injured before."

She ignored the glare from the healers, smiling. "It was normal back home."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:02 pm
Masterharper

This hatching was truly extraordinary. Not one, not two, but three Impressions were made to youths who weren’t even candidates, and Uridith’s unprecedented interactions with her offspring… not to mention the twins hatching from a single egg! Lucayr could already hear the epic ballad he’d write to commemorate the wondrous proceedings.

He leaned forward to better grin at Alusia’s young daughter. “Who can say? Let’s watch and find out together, shall we?”

--------

Beside Lucayr, Emori was watching these rarities with many mixed emotions, all of which she kept to herself as best as possible. Inannath, however, was beside herself with ecstasy and babbled constantly in her rider’s head. How she wished she could join in the fun with all those delightful green hatchlings! Ohhh, and those strong bronzes and browns! Such grace in that lovely blue!

Hush, Inny, the small woman commanded. It had come out a little sharper than she’d intended, and she was rewarded with a staggering assortment of whining, whinging complaints that were even worse than what came before. She groaned and leaned forward, fanning herself again. The Impressions were happening quickly now. Sweat beaded on her forehead. She felt too hot. Maybe she would be sick. She’d use that flitter-brained Harper’s hat if she did.

Her hand froze in mid-fan as yet another candidate Impressed. Yes, she was definitely going to be sick. Emori stood with a jerky motion and stumbled towards the exit.  

Teiha

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:08 pm
NovaCracker

Faren chuckled softly, tilting her head. "Think i'd rather end up in the kitchen." She felt eyes glaring at the back of her head and they may not even have been sure why, and chuckled. "But I'd probably wind up with a concussion to top it if I tried." And there was the look from the medics. "Quite the pair we make, huh? Just seem to upset the healers and the rulers between the two of us." She snickered, shrugging. "I have hope, but... if it doesn't happen, well... I get a new hallmate."  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff