Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mystery Hatching] A Mysterious Kind of Folk Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:02 pm
Candidate Aelyx : Western : She/Her

It was only his voice that rousted her from her thoughts, fingers twining tight in to his as a smile coiled on her lips. it'd calmed now, hadn't it....It'd be fine, "Y-yes...Let's go..." Anxiety curled through her, caging her heart and causing it to beat quickly. Nonetheless, the babies deserved candidates that were there for them. Still, she clung to Huarwar's arm.

BastetAmun

Candidate Wren : Western : He/Him

Oh ho! Someone'd come to see him~. A smirk curled his lips. Bone Green's snub couldn't shake this boy's confidence, and he offered Nyrida a grin as she approached him, "Yeah~ Wren's the name. No need to be so formal, or awkward." His tone was jovial and confident, clearly? He was very much the sort that knew what he expected of himself. "And your name?"

sariraii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:03 pm
The Bone green was restless.

She was tired, she was angry, she was hungry, and none of this had gone according to plan. The hissing, snarling creature realized, with great distress, that Hers was not here! They were supposed to be!

And then...

Then it happened. She felt it. She felt him. Turning immediately, the green took off into a run, shoving aside Candidates. Her eyes, beginning to whirl blue-green, suddenly turned white with terror. Red-flashed along their edges, and the green dragonet suddenly squealed with ire and absolute terror. Any she ran past might well physically feel the mix of supreme annoyance and the absolute horror at what she had felt and heard.

What do mean, what in Faranth's name are you doing!? You blockhead, you're meant to Impress me is what! And you WEREN'T where you were supposed to be! You WEREN'T waiting for me like I had thought you would! And now you're planning to give up, to leave, to leave me!? It took me forever to find you, and now you're going to just walk out on me? That's not the sort of thinking a hero would have... and I know you're one! You're stronger than anyone else I know. Don't leave me! Don't leave your Miershoth behind! For all that she was tough and fearless, Miershoth wasn't impervious to hurt or pain, and she was but an infant. The the one being who could make her hearts shatter was Huarwar.

White eyed, the green stared desperately at Huarwar, wanting desperately to be accepted, wanting something to go right for a change! Though her teeth were bared, the creel that escaped her was nothing but a rare plea. She might have been angry earlier, but here, faced with the Candidate's judgment, she was so very, very vulnerable.

Would he choose her? Would he stay?

User Image

BastetAmun

MaraRune
Cause Aelyx is there. <<

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:04 pm
Quote:
Ruunan [HR] - 16 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

Once the dragonets began to fight, Ruunan was overcome with a sickening sensation of dread and… deja-vu. No. No more bloodshed. How he wished his sister was there- so badly… That Mictecath or any other queen could stop them from fighting amongst themselves… even though it seemed like compulsion and judgement were part of the problem anyway. Was it safer to control the unruly? Would it be better? All the young man hoped for was no death, no wasted life, no blood spilled unnecessarily…

Someone bumped into him- and Ruunan started, torn from his thoughts. He glanced up and realised it was Rykin, reciprocating the man’s smile. “Ah, it is… yes…” He murmured, shuffling to fall into step with the other candidate.

There were so many dragons. He steeled his heart against the fear that threatened to swallow him, forcing himself to think of his father, of his sister, of F’dral… he’d never be let back into candidacy if he faltered now… and this was what he wanted, right? Still, the sight of rampaging dragonets made him truly afraid, and he focused merely on breathing and staying out of the way.

Luck did not hold for him nor Rykin. The Nanner egg hatched a fierce-looking brown, who seemed to have a concern about the candidates surrounding him. Ruunan took a startled step back as the creature set upon Rykin, mouth falling open as his fellow candidate was flung bodily like some doll. Oh. Shards. His feet wouldn’t move. The blood was frozen inside of his body. He wanted to get out of there… but Rykin… Rykin needed help. He had to stay.

That was the wrong decision, health-wise. The brown moved to attack others. Ruunan clenched his teeth as he tried to inch towards Rykin’s prone form, but found himself the target of the brown’s ire, a strong tail last whipping his legs from under him. He landed on the floor, grazing his hands and twisting his ankle in the process. It didn’t hurt- the shock seemed to soften the pain… but his heart beat painfully in his chest. He was glad he had been spared teeth and claws, but tears sprung to his eyes as he thought about poor Rykin, and the others who had been less fortunate… Shells… what could he do?

A healer was coming… he saw Rykin’s body being picked up… alive, right? He had to be alive… he had been smiling mere moments ago… Ruunan pushed himself to a sitting position, aware of the burning sensation on his legs. It was then that Karunia and Matotoka appeared- Faranth-sent, perhaps? He winced as he found his feet, gingerly testing his weight on the injured ankle. “Th-thanks… I’ll be okay… Is… is Rykin all right?” He tried to spot him amongst the healers, but couldn’t see him… It looked like things had gone very wrong.

The baby dragons were definitely… angry. Angry about what? Ruunan didn’t know enough to understand- couldn’t possibly understand that. His face began to pale, his fists clenched by his side. His ankle still hurt, and sand had found its way into the grazes on his arms. It seemed that more and more became focused on Impression, however- less about fighting and hurting, and more about finding Theirs before anything could befall them. “It’s… not usually this rough, is it?” He was still young and inexperienced, but when he had first started Standing with his sister, things had never seemed that… bleak and bloody.

Smerdle
For Rykin!

medigel
For Karunia!

demon_pachabel
For Matotoka!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:17 pm
Huarwar Impression

A nod of his head towards Aelyx and he was beginning to lead them back to stand when he was suddenly hit with annoyance and horror. He stared at the green that was berating him for his thoughts. There was white in her rainbow reflected eyes and he paused for a moment, just staring at her.

How was he the perfect one for her? He was broken...he wasn't what she thought he was and yet the creel that escaped her had him moving away from Aelyx and fall to his knees before her.

In an instant the strong green had pressed her head against him, almost shoving the man to the ground. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to leave where I was. I needed to get bandaged...and...I won't lie I was scared..." There was a huff from the green pressed against his chest.

With me you do not need to be afraid. We will rise higher then ever thought.

The pair stayed this way for a moment before Miershoth's hunger began to gnaw at both of them. Huarwar picked the little green up in his arms as he stood, turning to look at Aelyx and he hesitated for a moment. Miershoth let out another huff, wanting his attention back on her and Huarwar just smiled at Aelyx.

"Stay safe please...Hopefully you will find yours.."

He knew the rules and kept himself from doing what he wanted, to place a kiss upon her lips. "Please...stay safe. I..." He paused glancing down at the little green in his arms who was watching everything. "I love you..." Miershoth let out another huff at the words but her eyes stayed the calm whirling blue they had returned to as the pair moved off to the sides to join the others.

MaraRune

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:21 pm
Quote:
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

Everything was not well. Dragonets were fighting each other and taking their anger out on the candidates. The blood and pain and general distress was causing her heart to tighten, her face to pale. She pressed her knuckles to her lips to conceal her raw shock as a candidate died on the sands, and blinked back tears.

It was then that she became determined to find Mari in the throng of people on the sands. If something happened, at least they’d be close... She inched slowly towards a cluster of candidates, stopping to ensure her safety as some of the dragonets lashed out, before eventually finding a small group of white robed hopefuls. She touched Marinel’s shoulder, a wan smile drawn across her pale face. Then she nodded her head to Astri, smiling a warm smile for Stormy. “Sorry. I hope you don’t mind if I stay nearby.”

Despite the blood, the tempers, the arguments- it had been exciting to watch them hatch. Despite the pervasive smell of death on the sands, hope lingered in the air. Kel’s attention was drawn to the more energetic hatchlings, her mind whirling with possibilities. Were any of these dragons meant for her? Could they see past the mask her heart wore? That stupid, silly organ twisted painfully in her chest, and she glanced at the sands… hopeful, yes, but acutely aware that dragons preferred whole and wholesome folk.

Folks like Marinel.

Thaliawen
For Mari!

Dea and #Teddy#
For Astri!

medigel
For Stormy!

Shinosbee
Mention of Meztli. R.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:25 pm
Candidate Aelyx : Western : She/Her

The Green ran towards them, and her heart was in her throat. Her mind flashed towards Henwas, and for a moment, all she felt was raw fear...and then she realized. This was Impression. This was Huarwar finding...oh. It was like her heart sank like a rock and soared at once. It was painful. Tears pricked at the corner of her eyes as she offered him a smile that didn't quite reach those amber eyes. Backing away from the pair, she only offered him an understanding nod. There was too much of a sob choked in her throat to respond. He knew how much she loved him, for she did. Her heart was with him, and always would be. He would be wonderful, with his fierce little Green by his side, of that she had no doubt, and if Aelyx didn't find Hers this go round...well. She'd figure it out.

It was a few minutes after he left taht she was able to speak....
"I love you too."

BastetAmun

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100

sariraii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:37 pm
Xahteis of Brown Damisath, he/him
What a hatching. It was certainly an odd one, with many dragons hatching, but few Impressing...with many twins, including twin golds...but most of all, it was the violence that struck him. It was hardly a rarity that a candidate would be killed or severely injured. Xahteis had known that, even when he'd chosen to come to the sands (for Oreune for his own reasons).

Why was he on the sands, anyways, though? It seemed like a waste of time, even if it let him get close, to pretend, even if just for a few hours, that he was dragonrider material. Dragons hadn't spoken to him much in his life, despite being raised at a weyr, while his siblings had been constantly considered. Ilauria had Impressed, and Zarsteyr would too, Xahteis knew it. But him? No, he'd already chosen his path. So why was he here, if he knew he couldn't be a rider?

...Best not to examine that thought too closely, he thought to himself, as he glanced back towards the dragons on the sands. His cheeks flushed slightly, but he had no time for that. Besides, if the dragons got violent again...well...he didn't want to get hurt. He wasn't going to protect anyone with his body, of course, but he wasn't above trying to yank someone into place if they got a little too close, and...

Xahteis did not experience Impression in the typical way. He didn't quite realize what was happening, at first. No dragon approached him, rainbows in their eyes, flooding him with love that was clearly tied to a specific individual. XahteisMine, do come away from there and get your Damisath. My brother may think that this is all a game, but if it is, it's the most boring game I've ever played. I am hungry and these Sands are hot.

He heard the voice, but it didn't seem to register for a moment. Xahteis...mine? Damisath? It wasn't a foreign or unfamiliar voice, or name, or sensation--as though he'd been waiting his whole life in anticipation of it--but it stunned him. Disoriented, but instantly able to pick out the source of the voice, he glanced over to the brown. When he did, he stumbled forward a bit, his heart flooding with emotion as his dearest Damisath's mind mingled with his.

Damisath! Damisath...chose him? But...why? The confusion registered in his mind, but was quickly discarded, as his legs made their way towards the brown, half-running, half-stumbling. It wasn't very pretty. It certainly wasn't perfect. But...Damisath.

Now, Xahteis knew that Damisath could walk. He knew that Damisath was just being lazy. But he only stopped to catch his breath and regain his footing after his sprint, before awkwardly scooping the small brown into his arms. Half hugging, half-holding the dragon, Xahteis's expression was one of pure glee and euphoria--an expression his siblings, even, had never seen on him.

"Damisath!" he exclaimed, as he dutifully carried his dragon away, a bit more careful than when he'd come. But...the question remained. Why did Damisath pick him, of all people? He was hardly the best, and Damisath deserved the best...

But you are the best. Genuine adoration radiated from the brown, as he showed his rider how he saw him. Was...was Xahteis really...that important to someone? And to his Damisath, no less? Of course, came the reply, as the dragon snorted. Why wouldn't he be? You're brilliant. No one else comes close. Together, we are unstoppable. Smarter than most every other rider pair, and we've only been together for three minutes.

"Well! That was really...exciting!" Xahteis said, changing gears, murmuring to his dragon as he walked, slowly but surely, careful not to trip when carrying such precious cargo.

Was it? I found the whole affair rather dull, up until you found me. Damisath gave a draconic shrug. I'm more interested in trying this 'eating' thing, than about cracking open some shell that I shared with someone else, anyways. In truth, being out of that egg wasn't so bad, but the whole hatching was rather dull. He'd lost interest long ago, as hunger gnawed at his stomach.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:39 pm
Aha—! What a scene! Shining Star tilted his head, eyes brightest of blues, as he watched his sister’s Impression turn into something straight out of a romantic dream. Perhaps it was time to turn his own story into something beautiful, too.

He’d already looked over all of the Candidates here on the ground… so he stood up against the lowest part of the stands, flaring his wings so that all might notice and look upon him. His eyes scanned the crowd, looking for someone wonderful, someone whose thoughts sang out to him like a bold sonnet before an adoring audience. There. There!

My Korbet! What sort of tale will you spin for your Rubiginth when this night is over? he called, bugling his great joy!

User Image

Smerdle

Teiha

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:40 pm
When Kel reaches them, Marinel was immediately concerned. She was pale. She’d seen everything that had happened—he hadn’t thought to look for her first. And when Astri had come to him, he’d been distracted by eggs. Had she been hurt?

“I was worried about you,” he muttered, when she touched his shoulder. He gave her a smile that, despite the pain and blood that had gone on already, was genuine.

“Look,” he said, gesturing to the remaining dragons. “I bet one of them out there is for you. You guys, too.” He looked at Astri and Stormy. “And maybe me, too.”

Sweet Symmetry
Mari thinks Kel is best.

medigel

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:41 pm
Quote:
Tostokki [WW] - 18 - he/him/his - Bodyguard

“You believe so?” He didn’t quite hide the doubt in his voice. Although baby dragons did not seem particularly different in size at this age- what was a few feet when there was little muscle behind them?- he wasn’t entirely certain a blue could talk down two angry sisters. This came from experience from having a lovely-if-angry sister of his own: nobody messed with Skarra when she was having a bad day. He and his brothers knew far better than that.

Still, if Orry thought there was a chance, then he would let himself believe it, if only a little bit; after all, she was the dragon-pro.

Things got out of hand rather quickly. He took a step back to avoid the worst of the various rampages that the little dragons took to. He glanced to make sure that the dark-skinned woman beside him had also moved away- and if she hadn’t, found himself reaching for her wrist to tug her out of danger. He wasn’t about to throw himself into dragon claws to protect her, but at least he could identify danger before it came to pass.

There wasn’t much more to say, he thought. They seemed to be quite a mixed bunch. And a man had died because of their reckless endangerment of life. Did dragons not control their offspring? He had no knowledge of how this was supposed to work, but there was a dread sensation rising in the pit of his stomach that he very firmly pushed away and ignored. “At least they’re beginning to focus on Impression now.” His voice was a gravelly neutral. Tosk was determined not to show any fear- not that he was afraid… he wouldn’t let a dragon rend him limb from limb. His life was not worth less than a baby’s.

sariraii
For Orry!

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:58 pm
Papys

The little babies were well on their way to finding theirs as impression after impression - and a lot less teeth - was made. Even that sweet little green had found hers and Papys couldn't be more happy for her!

There were plenty more babies hatching as well, but....

Hey there little guy. You need to sit and tell me about it? he offered to the nervous, and alone now, Gay Flag Blue. Papys wasn't going anywhere while being patched up. He'd be their captive audience.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:03 pm
Vosin/Gold Killakeeth
Vosin pulled her attention away from the hatching for just a moment when her twin came to join her. She gave Vesin a quick happy/sad hug, grateful for the comforting arm. “They sure are.” Vosin murmured. She knew her twin would understand what she was feeling without her saying too much.

“I’m so surprised by how many twins there are.” She grinned, partial to twins; perhaps she was a bit biased though. Killakeeth was still surprising them. The gold would probably be pleased with all the attention and talk she’d be getting about this clutch for turns to come.

“They sure do have spunk,” Vos murmured amused as one green told off her own sire. He had it coming, Killakeeth commented to her rider. To Teth, do not dampen our babies moment to shine. This is a glorious moment for them and us. The warning was in her tone, do not interfere with hatching further. She crooned lovingly to all her hatchlings and those still hiding in their egg.

Was that? Yes it was! A handsomely marked blue plodded over to Jaiyce and collapsed at his feet. He’d impressed! Vosin smiled to herself. Ah the first gold had found her rider. Such a lovely queen she’s make full grown. Oh ho, some romance on the sands? The second gold seemed smitten by her bronze brother.

Nilah44
Vesin

houllow
Teth

Candidate Omurntas Western
Omurntas did his best to stay out of the way of aggravated hatchlings. He couldn’t help the healers this time like he had during threadfall. His job was to stand here for the babies. More hatchlings were actively searching among the candidates now, which was good. He wished them all the best.

The Bone Green was certainly taking the hatching in hand as she organized her siblings, and gave others their wake up call. He was curious when she stopped by Charcoal Egg. Who was hiding in there? There was already so many little hatchlings running around, he couldn’t keep track. Never mind that some eggs were spilling out more than one baby.

He hoped Bone Green would be able to find her rider soon. It seemed her efforts to awaken Charcoal had worked as the egg hatched into another bronze. A sudden movement by Mint Chocolate Chip green caught his attention. Oh another egg and green? He didn’t remember that egg though. He was happy when Bone Green managed to find her rider, and the Shining Star Blue called to his from the stands.

Rinis- Apprentice Firelizard Breeder Western
“Do flitters have twins like that?” Now seemed a fine time to talk about twins. She tried to remember if she’d ever seen or heard of twin firelizards hatching. Rinis grinned. “Well it was bound to happen.” Every dragon eventually went to find their rider.

She bounced in her seat, causing several of her firelizards to squawk indignantly as they were almost unseated themselves. “What a handsome blue that lad got! Oh look! One of the gold’s has Impressed! I bet the other one will soon now too.” She laughed as the remaining gold was utterly distracted by a bronze from Charcoal. “Don’t worry honey, I felt the same way.” Rinis had a big stupid grin on her face as she glanced at L’saen.

Aukai Oceansoul
L’saen and Solouth

demon_pachabel
Shalaera

magnadearel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:14 pm
The Charcoal Bronze continued to pick his way through the crowd. He avoided going right through them, instead, moving along the outskirts and edges. He never allowed any to draw too near, and his eyes whirled red if any bold Candidate dared to reach out.

Still, his movements were decisive, and there was no fear or anxiety upon his regal brow. Circling the Candidates, his tail gave a small flick, before he spotted something.

There. That was the one.

- - - -

Purple & White Swirl Egg, out of no where, seemed to surprise itself as quite suddenly the egg's very top popped off. A small green dragon blinked out at the world, eyes wide, and gave a startled, almost apologetic cheep. She... she ducked her head bashfully back into her egg, trying to hide just a moment longer. She had wanted out but... Suddenly, quite suddenly, she felt very small indeed.

- - - -

Night Sky Brown took a moment to sit on the Sands before it stretched his wings. With absolute confidence, the brown got to his feet, and trumpted greeting. Why hello! Look who just arrived, eh? eh? Looking around, the brown immediately began to walk, but its walk was peculiar. It was... It was strutting. Chest puffed out, the brown turned its eyes on Charcoal Bronze and tried hard to get its attention. Hey! One look over here, hot stuff! Check him out! Hey! He honked--whoops--and startled himself, before his eyes whirled a bright blue-green.

Where were all his fans?

Maybe they just hadn't seen how completlely and utterly awesome he was. Strutting through the Candidates, the brown dragon took a moment to gently rub against Vesden, before moving over to nose the hand of Rio, and then a fond cheep towards Astri, Stormy, Marinel, and Keleres/ Wow, what a handsome group that was...but not nearly as handsome as him, amirite?

He leaned into the group of four Candidates, hoping any one of them might praise him for his absolute amazingness of amazing. Yeah?

- - -

Flying Purple Heart Green was satisfied when her father granted her forgiveness. She sent nothing but waves of love at Teth. Giving her father a gentle, loving nuzzle, she crooned. You don't have to apologize, Papa. I love you and promise not to be naughty! Just you watch. I'll find the best and make you proud!

Yes, this was how it was supposed to be. This was how it was supposed to go. But now, if only the green could find Hers... Turning away from Teth, she trotted happily back through the throng of Candidates, though she did stop to give Blue and Purple Paint Egg one long look. Hmph. Well. Now that her claws were put away...maybe she'd behave, as a good green should!

Now... where had hers gotten off to again?

- - - -

A this very moment, Candy Cane Egg began to rock and shake. It was time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:16 pm
TETH

He'd been calming down, happily, until Killakeeth's words stung like a slap. She hadn't said anything harsh or untrue, but it wasn't what the brown needed. It wasn't what his rider needed either, and the message was simple. He waited until his green daughter had moved on before he moved as well.

I will leave, then. It was spoken without energy, without argument, and the massive brown got to his feet to head towards the exit to the cavern. Let her and hers celebrate this without him there to apparently ruin it any further for them. F'ell got ready to leave as well, not even sparing a final look out towards the candidates or towards Vosin.

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games