Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:54 pm
Whren - High reaches - He / His/ Him

He silently congratulated the new bonded pair as one of the others walked off with a rather stunning looking blue. He felt a faint concern for the other bronze, Santa when he had looked, tracking the other hatching seemed disappointed at the fanfare of his brother. He was a find bronze and Whren was certain that he would find his.

Santa bronze was starting to move but it seemed that one of his brown brother was going to take advantage first and check out the lined up candidates with the second brown trailing behind. They were handsome hatchlings as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:59 pm
Solameya // HR // she/her

A dark blue pointedly laid claim to one of the boys lining up for inspection by one of the bronzes. The Santa bronze seemed upset? Crestfallen? Solameya looked along the line of boys, then around to those who hadn’t lined up. Were so many of the boys that focused on the one dragonet? A soft thoughtful hum escaped her as she folded her arms in front of her. They had likely been asked to line up, but they could go in groups or split between them.

Her pondering was briefly derailed by one of the little greens detouring over to the healer working on a fallen woman and parked herself. Huh! Not the woman but the actual healer. What do you know?  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:08 pm
The Red & Striped Paper Egg was a blue who was on a mission. Honestly, he couldn't believe his brother didn't seem to understand the most basic things--like how to Impress, and how to do it right.

One couldn't just sit there and hope that Theirs would notice them. One had to do it right. The only way to get what you want is to do it yourself, isn't that right, Verica? The blue dragon pushed his way past the a small gathering of Candidates, and came to stand directly before His.

Confidence, pride, love--it all would well up inside her, and wash over her. You don't have to wait Turns now that your Kourith is here! Come along now, darling--we musn't dally. There are things to do, and I don't wish to wait. Come, come, I must insist! And much like he had attempted to marshal his brother, he now scooted around behind her, so to give her a little nudge.

Her sister could--no would--wait. Verica was His now, and this little blue had plans.

User Image

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:13 pm
Rundanrul - W

The dragons were certainly taking their time, but at least the bloodshed seemed to be over. Rundanrul stood waiting for one of the brown or bronze boys to notice him, confident that if one was for him, they'd let him know soon enough. He wouldn't be going towards any of them, though, as he knew it was best to stay where he was. He did want to present a good picture of Western, after all.

---

Versha - HR

Vera watched one of the greens meander off to the healers area but turned back to the main circle of eggs and dragons, not bothering with the little one that had left the area. This was only their first go-round of hatchings and touchings and standings, so she figured there wouldn't be a dragon for them this time. She knew that wasn't always the case, of course. The lessons they'd been in had made it very clear that a dragon could pick the greenest Candidate without a care. They would all learn and grow together. Vera wouldn't mind a bit more training under her belt since she hadn't grown up in this life style, but if she or Veri did manage to catch the attention of a dragon today, it was certainly going to shake things up.

And, as if on cue, one of those dragons marched right over to Veri. Vera's hand lifted to cover her mouth to hide the grin that was suddenly splitting her face and she turned her gaze fully to her twin, eager to see the Impression take place.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:16 pm

Did you have to join them, my Dorok? Perhaps... this is what you wish. But I'm afraid I'd already had my hearts set on you before he arrived, the Santa bronze said, from his place on the Sands. He hadn't moved, hadn't gotten up to join the throng. Perhaps Dorok wouldn't mind coming to him?

Of course, he might decide that he wanted to remain in Christmas Tree bronze's line, after all. Well. If that was what must be, he would face it. He wasn't afraid. ... Not even... just a little.

Your Khazariath has tried to wait, but that line is growing very long indeed. I fear you will be waiting in it forever. Perhaps we might join my brothers and sisters instead? If there was a touch of pleading in his mind's voice, it certainly could not be helped.

User Image

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:27 pm
Tuelarua - HR Candidate, She/Her/Hers

There we go. There’s a gentle warmth in Tuelarua as the impressions seem to have started to truly pick up in speed. A green impressing to a healer attending Miela, the swaggering Red and Green Striped Paper blue impressing to a female candidate that was standing with her sister, and now the gentlemanly Santa bronze impressing to a boy amidst the lineup of candidates. It was a delight and an honor to be able to stand down here, to see all those getting to meet their lifemates around her. Yet she shifts gently onto her backfoot, relieving some pressure from one injured leg to the other.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:28 pm
Haveli

The eggs were cracking and dragonets were rolling out on to the sands in double time, but Haveli wasn't sure she could focus. Her head was throbbing, it likely wasn't safe for her to continue to try and stand like this, but her stubbornness at proving everyone who thought differently of her wrong had her feet planted in the burning sands. There was no amount of weight she could place on her leg and so she hopped awkwardly, careful not to wriggle her arms or make any other sort of embarrassing and revealing movements. No one needed to know, not even the dragonets. She needed to keep her thoughts perfect and focused, maybe even more direct and pointed?

The bronzes clearly weren't interested in her, so why waste her time? And it looked like the sad blue from before was focused on the boys as well, so he was dismissed. Not rudely, but not even considered given his consideration. (It also seemed one of the bronzes was attempting to Impress to so, congrats there.)

The brown who called himself Weyrleader, there was a chance there. She valued ambition after all, but weren't girls on browns generally rare? There were plenty of ambitious boys milling about on the sands still (she'd watched one get dismissed several times) so there was that. Still, the brown got a nudge of support. Rule this place. She'd like to see that, really. Someone who had that goal and accomplished it. Perhaps when she was out of this funk she'd fallen in to she'd find herself thinking that way again. A Turn was an awful long time for a pouting tantrum, wasn't it?

The ambitious blue had seen to a lifemate, as had the overkind green. And another blue, if she looked right, which was all good. Happiness to them really. She'd do a drink in their honor tonight. Drinks for all of them, provided the healers told her she could drink with such wounds. How many eggs had there been? She couldn't properly remember but by counting the dragonets at the end she'd get it.

Maybe Mother would drink with her and tell stories, or she'd get T'nus to drink something. The man seemed a social drinker, if only for hidden motives. That she could also respect, even admire in a way. Mel too, for sure, would join her. That...would be....

The sway she had was stopped with a stomp down hard of her bad leg and a mental punch. Focus, focus only on the dragonets and unhatched eggs. Focus, Haveli.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:34 pm
Candidate Tarnaria

Tarnaria watched the dragons, and then her attention was grabbed, rather sharply, by another candidate. She shuffled over, to make sure she wasn't moving too fast, and came up next to Haveli, very gently touching her shoulder and keeping her words soft. "Are you alright...? Do you need to lean on me?" She knew first-hand the pain of an injury keeping her from standing, actually standing up, and couldn't forget somebody staying with her. She couldn't do anything for the other girl's pain, but she could at least help her stay vertical.

houllow

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:37 pm
Dorok

He didn't much like the idea of lining up for potential rejection. So many boys. So many boys being looked over by different eyes, and Dorok was getting rather tired of having eyes on him. He could feel his father looking at him, oozing expectation. A bronzerider son. He'd be nothing without it in that man's eyes. Leftovers. Rejected.

Do you have to join them, my Dorok? Dorok's chest tightened and he stopped dead, mid stride to join the line. A voice that was already so familiar, but it was.... Bracing himself, he turned to see who it was. Perhaps....this is what you wish. But I'm afraid I'd already had my hearts set on you before he arrived.

It would have been impossible for him to not focus in on the patiently seated bronze that looked towards him. Patient, but knowing fully well what would come if the boy chose to wait for that other bronze. In an instant, Chrismas Tree Bronze had become an afterthought in his mind. Not for him. He had no interest in him anymore.

Dorok all but forgot the eyes that were looking so intently upon him as he walked across the sands towards the seated dragon who hadn't even needed to ask him to come. Your Khazariath has tried to wait, but that line is growing very long indeed. I fear you will be waiting in it forever. Perhaps we might join my brothers and sisters instead?

By the time Khazariath had finished his plea, Dorok had bridged that gap between the line he'd stepped into and his dragon and settled down onto one knee. "I will never wait in line to be looked over when there is someone who is already mine waiting for me," he said, unable to look from those eyes that pulled all of him in, and in turn poured all of himself out in turn. "You are my Khazariath - and I...." he'd thought the name over long and hard, thought of rejecting it. Picked another. But somehow, what had once seemed to agonizing and important to do didn't matter. "I am your D'rok."

His father would not claim that. It was his name. And Khazariath was his.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:39 pm
Fivudal - Healer???

Fivudal worked to stitch up the last of the large gashes, tying off the last knot with practiced ease. There, at least the bleeding had stopped. Now to tend to that eye-

If you need me to do anything, I'll help! I can cheer her up while you do the patching. Or I can hold the bandages--I promise not to eat them. Or would you rather I just sit here and wait?

"Eat them?" Fivudal asked, looking over to where something had nudged his arm, thinking it was another healer. But when he took stock of the small, beautiful green dragon beside him his eyes widened in surprise. At first he thought she was there to wait for Meila, to Impress her and allow her to be taken off the sands, but the little green had more to say.

I, admittedly, don't know how long it'll take, but I know she'll be back on her feet in no time! Whatever you want me to do, Fivudal, your Arwainth is here to help. Always and forever. Until the end. Red and orange and yellow and purple swirled in with the blue-green eyes as she gazed up at the stunned healer - ex healer now, actually - and if she could have laughed she would have at his expression. Instead she gave a squeaky little trumpet, a giggle echoing in Fivudal's mind.

Him. She was looking at him! Impressing him! Fivudal sat there as love and trust and all sorts of other emotions filled him from tip to toe as this small, tiny creature picked him.

Right when he was in the middle of patching someone up.

The push on his arm drew his attention away from Arwainth for a moment and back to Miela. Whatever she'd been trying to say was muffled by her torn up mouth, but he got what she was going for. Go away. Go feed her. Fivudal was a bit torn, knowing from his five years as a Candidate that he was supposed to get up and go bring his new partner to the feeding tables, but he couldn't just leave her here like this.

It's okay, Mine! I can wait. I'll help! Arwainth insisted, nudging his elbow again with her nose. Then she'll be all right and we can go eat.

"I-" Fivudal sat for a moment more before letting out a slow breath. Miela was going to be his last patient, he supposed. He had better end on a good note.

"Lay still," he said, pushing Miela's arm down gently. "I've got to change the gauze on your eye, then someone else will make sure you're okay." That seemed like a fair trade-off and the delight coming off Arwainth in waves let him know she approved. He worked quickly and efficiently, replacing the soaked gauze over the destroyed eye, and he wrapped a few bandages around Miela's head to keep it in place.

Oh, a wonderful job, FivudalMine! Good as new. Arwainth rose to her feet as Fivudal sat back, ready to flag down another healer, but there were already a few gathered around him waiting to take over. He flushed slightly as he realized they'd been there for a few minutes at least and they gently muscled him out of the way to take his place in caring for Miela.

"Ah...thank you," he said as he stood, dusting the sand from his knees before looking towards his dragon once more. Arwainth looked up at him with happy eyes, nothing but love pouring off of her. It was then that his mind finally left its 'work' mode and allowed his surprise and happiness and...something else that he couldn't quite place to flood through him. Perhaps it was love. Bittersweet in nature, though, since he thought his time as a dragonrider had passed him by.

"Come along then, Arwainth," he said softly, reaching a hand down after wiping the blood off on his robes. The small green lifted her head into his palm and the two headed for the tables of food, confident that Miela had been left in good hands.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:39 pm
Rykin

In the end the other bronze didn't move to look over the line, choosing someone who Rykin could not immediately single out. He only knew impression had happened at all because of the hatchling's whirling eyes. But, there. A boy stepped forward, and Rykin turned to face Christmas Tree again, caught by Candy Cane's antics halfway through his turn instead.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:41 pm

Stop! You scoundrel, get back here! These Candidates aren't for you. Get on out of here now! The Rudolph Brown tried to bully the Candy Cane Brown on--but without much luck.

The confident brown made his way right down the line, not at all feeling rushed or threatened. You take yourself too seriously, champ. But you're right about one thing, handsome--these Candidates aren't for me. He gave an amused snort, reaching his tail back to pat the huffing and snapping brown Rudolph somewhat condescendingly on his cheek.

Now where was His anyway?

Ah-ha!

At ease, soldier! I'm on my way. And with that, the charming rascal left the sputtering and somewhat confused Rudolph sitting grousing on the Sands.

Instead, he picked his way through the warm Sands. Excuse me, princess. He started, pushing Chayrel politely, but firmly, out of the way.

Instead, it was to Fehral that the Candy Cane brown came to rest. Eyes whirling a spectacular mix of rainbow, he wrapped his wings ever so lovingly about His. Sorry to interrupt you two lovebirds, but I think it's high time you take your place with me. You needn't ever worry about going back to Nabol or some mine, now that your Zadelraheth's here. We're going places, baby. We're gonna be stars.

User Image

Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:42 pm
Nashwa - she/her

"I wouldn't dream of it," Nashwa replied. The browns at least didn't have to be for boys, but it looked like that was where the interests of the ones on the Sands lay today, and the blues as well - ah, accept for the pale one, who'd just now decided on a girl. A green found herself a busy Healer to call her own, and one of the bronzes made his choice. "They're really getting on with business now."
Shaddaling

Elibrie - she/her

Much as Elibrie wanted for Juhvek to present himself to the bronze, just in case it was his, she wouldn't dare to insist. It was his decision, and not for her to question, and so she let it be. Instead, she answered his question. "I'd be happy to meet any of them. They're all so..."

Magnificent. She trailed off without saying it, finding that she felt rather small in the scheme of things at this moment. She always had been, of course, and there was nothing wrong with that, but she suddenly felt it very keenly. As filled with adoration for the babies as she was, she also recognized that they were likely all far beyond the reach of someone like her. Which was fine. That was the way of things.
demon_pachabel

Tsunake

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:49 pm
Candidate Nalacko - she/her

Quickly a green, a blue, a bronze, and a brown impressed and claimed their riders. Nala continued to send warm feelings towards Snowman. I know your rider would have no eyes except for you. You simply need to tell them. You are more than welcome to come sit with us until you feel your ready.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:50 pm
Verica ~ Kourith's comin THROUGH here Impression

Having been holding in a sigh about yet another man impressing, though to a very cute green that was so small she was just...

Distracted. Or maybe not distracted, her looking at the green and the man she impressed was a distraction from the dragon that TRULY mattered. Thank you.

The only way to get what you want is to do it yourself, isn't that right, Verica? Suddenly she was being nudged and pushed at while her heart became not one but three beating all at once, full of love and a confidence that she'd already had in herself but suddenly was amplified past any she'd had in the past. Oh she could take on the very stars themselves, fight thread all alone, run into the night and never stop as long as this blue was by her side willing to go the distance with her. And he was, and they would. Kourith was so certain of it in his mind that she hadn't even heard his name before she knew it and everything about him.

You don't have to wait Turns now that your Kourith is here! Come along now, darling--we musn't dally. There are things to do, and I don't wish to wait. Come, come, I must insist! Nudge, nudge, nudge. He wanted food and to size up his siblings and he just couldn't sit and wait any longer and neither should she. Oh she was taking so long to move, had he stuttered the least bit?

"Wh.. I... Oh look here you pushy little love." Verica reached down and grabbed him by one delicate headknob, pulling him just a bit so that he was facing both she and Versha with a laugh exploding from her. "Sorry Vera, Kourith's in a bit of a rush. He needs food but I think he wants to see what his competition is." A wink for her sister came. There would be all the time in the world for them to sit and assess what had just happened for the two of them. But Kourith already knew and had pulled his headknob from her hand to stomp a dark little foot. Come along now. You and your sister will have time, you've had turns. We don't have that long to wait and I'm hungry. This was unacceptable to him, to her Veri suddenly realized.

Casting another wink to her sister and flashing her hands in apology for her blue's demands, that Vera couldn't hear given he was being picky with his affection at the moment, she reached down to hoist him up and was met with another huff. "Oh well if you don't want that how about a race then!" Veri wasn't the least bit offended by knowing exactly what her dragon was thinking before hie voiced or showed it and she took off around the outer edge of the sands, far away from any baby that might be spookable. Brother's not that weak, he's just uncertain. He needs to find his and everything will be better. Of course if he was faster and more precise about it then he wouldn't be in this predicament.

They slowed down just a bit as they came closer and Kourith hopped to a halt that had Veri tumbling, somehow gracefully? and back to her feet with her own hop. "Well that was quite fun! You're already a hoot Kourith, I can't wait to fly with you." Bright flashes of purple ran through her blue's eyes as he smartly set himself down at the tables and awaited his food. Oh the sky will be all ours.

SilverLutz

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games