Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Secret of the Medallions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:02 pm
"We were told to look for the nearest body of water. Right now, Marcellus is acting as our only link to the others, and I have no idea how to alert him of a change in plans. So what we do is grab Connell and get the hell out of here, looking for that body of wat-- What the hell is THAT?" Karloseth saw a white orb come OUT of him, and float away. Indeed, when he looked back, one had come out of Tokk and Reyix as well. He felt a little weaker as a result. "Connell. At least we know he's still alive. Follow the orbs!" Karloseth skated after them, but even he was having difficulty keeping up. He didn't want to leave Tokk and Reyix behind, but he didn't want to lose the orb either. He was able to keep an eye on both, and eventually made it outside. He made it outside just in time to be blinded by a bright flash from Connell, who killed the shadow thing with one swift move. he then watched Connell collapse. Karloseth formed a platform to carry Connell with his gloves, and made it scoop him up gently before he sealed it off to prevent him from falling out. The platform would float and follow Karloseth, just as the earlier platform had floated over the shadow beings. "Lets go!" he said, and skated off at full speed. He expected Tokk would do his rock surf thing, that was the only way for Reyix to move fast enough to keep up that he could think of.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:05 am
I was cut off. It was cut off. Finally. How could he?

I was merely innocently trying to make residence in Tori's head. I wasn't going to do anything. Some people have no consideration for others! And now I was here, stuck, cut off. The only thing I was able to do anymore was observe what Tori was doing through her eyes.

And I'd been making progress. Starting to, at least. Now all I could do was fiddle around with her subconscious a little, which wouldn't even really affect her until this... quarantine was lifted! And what then? Subconscious tweaking can do a lot, I supposed, but it's hard to tell exactly what would happen, and I really didn't want my chosen host going insane or anything. I lurked and skulked and moped in the little chamber that I was trapped in, waiting.

The pressure in Tori's mind was easing off, and she breathed a deep sigh of relief. She flashed a smile at Marcellus as they began to run again.  

Kerrigan_dragon

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:46 pm
"Roger that!" Tokk yelled after his friend. He looked at Reyix, praying that he might ave some measure of balance, and nodded. "You're going to have to hold on, dude. Things might get a little rocky." He smiled wryly at the pun. Then, he flexed his upper body muscles together and exhaled. "Alright," he said finally before jumping up and slamming both feet down, unearthing a chunk of rock large enough for the two of them to stand on together. He pulled the strange character up onto the platform of earth and pushed off, surging forward like a surfer catching a wave.

He plunged after Karloseth, pulling close behind him after a short period of catch-up time. "Following you, man!" he called ahead over the roar of his earth surfing. He focused on the churning rocks beneath him, straining to keep the platform as steady as possible for the sake of his passenger. The added weight was a bit of a setback to his speed, but he pushed ahead regardless, keeping pace with Karloseth as best he could.

'I guess it doesn't matter where we're going,' he thought as they charged on. 'It'll be better than a corrupted institution...' He hoped dearly that they wouldn't be venturing into any cities anytime soon. The sea of man-formed metal and rock was difficult to control or manipulate. Synthetic terraforming changed the earth in an odd way that made its minerals corrupt and impure. He wouldn't be powerless, but certainly not as natural and focused.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:06 am
((Sorry about the lack of posting, I haven't been able to think of anything to add to the story with sweatdrop ))

A chunk of earth about a meter wide ripped itself out of the ground in front of Reyix, stunning the words out of his mouth. At about 2 feet deep the block of earth would have been heavy enough to give even the strongest man trouble, yet this Tokk character seemed to be able to move the earth around like water.

"Woah, awesome" Reyix stood mouth agape and eyes wide until Tokk grabbed him by the arm and pulled him onto the makeshift surfboard. Unfortunately Reyix's balance wasn't enough to stop him from nearly falling off as soon as he got on, so he clung onto Tokk's arm. "Uh, sorry. I've not long woken up and my head is still killing me..."  

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:59 pm
Karloseth sped through the forest, dodging trees left and right. He was noticing that the shadow things were back, and they were climbing the trees. "Heads up Tokk, watch out for an aerial assault by these damn shado--" he was cut off as a glob of the crap fell on his arm. "********! Shadow s**t on my gorram arm!" he tried to scrape it off... nothing. He was about to blast it off with his gloves when he had an idea...

"Now Karloseth, let me show you how to work those things before you kill yourself with them!"

"Heh, come on Joan. They can't be too difficult, I'll learn from experience."

"Nonsense, gimme those for a few minutes! Now, it may be easy, but learning from experience will get you nowhere. See here, this orb on the back? The energy is stored in there, and it replenishes itself over time. But you can exhaust it. Also, over time it will form a sort of bond with you, kind of like a parasite, only much more beneficial. It will unlock more power, but at the sacrifice of your own strength."

"Sounds good to me, I just have to be careful."

"More so than you think. See this little switch on the side? That's the absorbtion switch. Right now, it has the blue energy in there. However, once you are experienced enough to try this out, you can use it to learn other elements. Just use the gloves as a sort of vacuum and the gloves will learn it over time."

"That's cool, but I had better get the basics first I suppose. Your too good to me babe..."

Karloseth put his hand over the glob that fell on his arm. it wasn't exactly burning, but it had such an alien feel to it... he just wanted it off. He used the gloves to absorb the glob, allowing the gloves to start the process of learning how to use shadows as a manipulatible source. He then kept on skating towards the nearest body of water, the lake that was used for the water elemental training. It was not part of the actual compound, but it was available for use by the Medallion Wielders.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:00 pm
Tokk's eyes locked on the dark shapes above him that seemed to fly from tree to tree like black darts, darting in and out of the trunks and branches as quickly as Tokk could urge his wave of earth. "Damn, those things are fast... Hold on back there, dude!" He snapped his fingers loudly, and an extension of rock shot up behind him and in front of Reyix, serving as a sort of security measure. "Grab onto that and hold on tight! Things are gonna get rough."

With that he leaped in the air, and the rock came up with him, leaving the churning wave of dirt behind momentarily before slamming back down with a crash and a roar. The impact, with a bit of maneuvering, broke several large chunks loose from the bedrock, sending them flying up around Tokk. Sending a string of thought to each one, he broke them up, sending thousands of rocky shards flying in all directions toward the shadowy shapes above.

The shards impacted on the cool black shapes, but weren't nearly as effective as Tokk had hoped. In fact, while a few fell away in the distance, knocked off balance, the vast majority simply absorbed the chunks of earth like sponges. "Gorram it! What ARE these things?! Reyix, man, I know you're still groggy, but if you have power in that medallion of yours, I'd appreciate the help!"  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:21 pm
Connell slowly woke to blurred vision and movement. He could feel he was moving, but he had no idea why or what was moving him. He could see the shadows gaining toward him. With an exertion of strength he flung another white orb toward the shadowed mass, and within a few seconds the ball exploded into another flash of light, incinerating any shadows that could be there.

He laid back on the platform, panting and shivering, waiting to recharge himself to launch another ball of life.

((Spirit Bombs, Bishes >D))  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:23 pm
"Hey HEY, chill out back there Connell. Killing yourself won't do us any good, take a break and regenerate some of that energy your using." Karloseth said, and continued to dodge trees in the frantic escape from the shadow beings.

Eventually, he made it to the small lake. "...what were we supposed to do when we got here? Being near a lake... isn't really going to do us a damn bit of good that I can think of..." he glanced at the thing Connell was laying in, and had an idea. he formed a platform that would float, and waited for Tokk and Reyix to jump on before he let it float out over the water, Connell's platform to the side of the bigger one.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:05 am
as he ran the roar of a mighty shadow came from his left, he looked up and it was 20 feet tall and had 3 glowing eye, 2 on its wrists and 1 on its heart. He could hear its roar and then female laughter

"Its hard to escape the ghosts of you" the male figure said. the monster disappeared but the figures still appeared taunting him. "Was it worth doing it now?" the female voice said and Rain was sweating out of control, his scarf around his head was becoming damp with the sweat of his face.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:25 pm
"Hrm... this is taking too long." Karloseth said, and sent out a message that he hoped Marcellus would be able to pick up. "Marcellus... we made it to the lake with Reyix in tow. Connell's in some bad shape, but everyone else seems fine. You guys ok?"  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:22 pm
Receiving Karloseth's message, Marcellus felt a bit of relief.
We're still running, but it's not that bad. Rain's acting a bit weird, and Tori has a shadow in her brain. I've got it cordoned off for now, but unless we get some reprieve, I won't be able to extract it. By the way, are you guys over a body of water and wondering why I said to go there? It's because there are no shadows on the water's surface, so they're stuck at the bottom. You should be out of their range, at least in theory.
Marcellus stumbled a bit. He was getting tired. With all that happened today, he hadn't been able to get any decent rest.
Listen, these shadows do have brains, so they can be influenced by mental energy. I think Creepy's medallion has something to do with the mind, but it's on a wildly different wavelength than mine so I don't know if it will work. Connell managed to kill the things though, right? Once he's back in proper form, try and lure the shadows into one spot and wipe them out. Tell him to try and encase them in a sphere of light, otherwise they'll get away. We'll try and meet you guys at the mouth of a river near here. Marcellus showed him an image of the map he had recently memorized. Once we get here, we'll try and make camp again because I am really tired.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:07 am
"Hrm..." Karloseth mumbled to himself. "A shadow in her brain? That might be something best kept to myself. If everyone knows this, she might be treated like Tokk was. She's got it hard enough as it is, I don't want things complicated." "Alright. I'll see what can be done. Meet you at the mouth of the river" He sent to Marcellus, and then relayed the message to Tokk, Connell, and Reyix, minus the part about Tori and Rain.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:03 am
Better fear me, better run away

Alright guys, out of character here. Not much activity here, and I'm looking to change that. Hopefully it's due to schoolwork, which shouldn't be a problem before too much longer.

Right now, Reyix is with Karloseth, Tokk, and Connell. We are floating over the lake to avoid these shadow beings, which I am probably going to name "Ing" because that's what they remind me of, enemies from Metroid Prime 2 called "Ing." Unless someone has a better idea, that is xd

Anyway. The other group. Marcellus, Rain, Tori, And Lillith. You guys are just running from the shadow beings, right?

This post... is actually quite pointless. It's only real function is to shed some light back on this RP, in hopes that it... lives xd

'Cause this battle's just begun.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:29 pm
((I know what you mean. I've been waiting for someone else to throw something in here, since I don't want to seem like I'm railroading it or anything...))  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:36 pm
((Yeah, I dunno, I've just been stressed and distracted as of late. <:3 Sorry about that. Because it's going slow, Roland, perhaps you should use your GM powers of awesomeness to get things going, get everyone together, perhaps. Just a thought.))  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff