Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Quotes: do you have a favorite one? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a fave quote?
  Yes
  no
  Poll whore
  don't know
View Results

124-C

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:21 pm
WhiteFangGirl06
124-C
WhiteFangGirl06
Here are some of my favorite quotes,

" You don't know what you have until its gone"- Unknown

Another ******** stupid cliché...

Quote:
" If you meet the Buddha kill the Buddha if you meet your father kill your father free of everything you are bound by nothing, live life to the fullest."- Sanzo from Saiyuki (anime series)

"There are two types of freedom, freedom from and freedom to. You have been given the former, don't underrate it." — Some chick that was quoted in a book I read once and I can't remember who it was...

Quote:
" When life gives you lemons make lemonade" -Unknown

"When life gives you lemons... Make grape juice, sit back, and let everyone try to figure out how you did it" — Don't remember, don't care...

@sam — Baby Bush bashing is in vogue right now, but someday you'll learn to think on your own and you won't think it's so cool. Alternatively, the herd may shift direction and you won't think it's so cool...

The second one wasn't altered from its original dub version it was just as it is said in the series unless i forgot it. Same with the second one its said as it has been as far as I know. I was in a good mood for something and peaceful but screw that now you are going to feel my wrath. *gives death glare* I admit I might have messed up on the first one since I didn't remember it completely but this is whats your fav quotes. That doesn't mean I need to make up my own quotes for this topic its just which ones you like its a called a GENERAL TOPIC!!! If all you came on this topic was to target my post then go make a bashing topic or something jerk. If I missed up then just tell me what it really is and instead of bashing people you _____ *starts going off on tangent*. scream [redundant emotes] Have you even seen Saiyuki before?
You're the one that can't think for himself jerk.
Another Fav quote is from a dubbed version of an anime series called Ghost Stories,

" Have you accepted Jesus as your personal savior" Momoko says really fast
" No Im Jewish" Reo says

• I expressed my dislike for the first quote.
  • At no time did I personally attack you.
  • At no time did I claim that you misquoted anything.
  • I did not "[come] on this topic [to] target [your] post". I merely came to expand upon what has been posted. I was expanding upon thoughts and impressions.
  • No, I have never seen Saiyuki. I have no plans to at this time. Not that I see how it pertains, but anger has a habit of clouding logic and judgment.
  • "You're the one that can't think for himself jerk." Nice non sequitur.

samulalovato
124-C
@sam — Baby Bush bashing is in vogue right now, but someday you'll learn to think on your own and you won't think it's so cool. Alternatively, the herd may shift direction and you won't think it's so cool...
ok hun, first of all, "bashing" wtf man, r u for real, LOL i was not "bashing" him, i was "qouting" his words, so if that sounds like bashing then take it up with bush. second, "vogue" u serious, haha, ya that term would work if we were discussing Hoop skirts . and third, im sorry, if i read the topic wrong, i didnt see where it said "do u have a favorite quote 124-c would approve of", o my bad *cough sarcasm*. i worte this quote for the same reason others wrote theirs, cause i like it, i like quotes that make me laugh, so if u dont agree with it, well too bad. its wot i like. anyway nice meeting u.

lolwut?

After much work at deciphering your post I came up with this:

Quote:
Ok, hun. First of all, "bashing"? What are you talking about? I wasn't "bashing" him, I was quoting his own statements. If that sounds like "bashing", then take it up with President Bush. Second, "vogue"? Are you serious? That term would be appropriate if we were discussion hoop-skirts. Third, I'm sorry if I read the topic wrong, I seem to have missed where it said, "Do you have a favorite quote 124-C would like?"

I wrote this quote for the same reason other people wrote theirs, because I like it. I like quotes that make me laugh. So, if you don't agree with it, too bad. It's what I like.

Anyway, nice meeting you.

Is that what you were going for? I can read that much better now...

• vogue (n) - 1. the popular taste at a given time; trend, style; 2. a current state of general acceptance and use

My use of the word "vogue" is entirely appropriate in this case. Alternatively I could have said:

Baby Bush bashing is popular right now...
    Baby Bush bashing is the current style...
    Baby Bush bashing is trendy right now...
    etc...

• I stand by my "Baby Bush bashing" statement. Once, maybe twice, is humour. A third time is a set pattern, and four is unnecessary. Whether it was intended that way or not, it still appeared that way.

Besides, I really like the alliteration.

• "do u have a favorite quote 124-c would approve of" — Maybe not, but I feel that by broadening the depth of the discussion (even if it is merely me expressing my disapproval of a given quote) is good for the topic, as well as the people participating in it.

I did cause you to explain why you like certain quotes. Right?

• Nice to meet you too! biggrin I like people that show they can hold their own right of the bat. Just try to clean up the posts a little. It's legible, but just barely...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:41 pm
Ok, I see where your coming from 124-C. But you could have just as easily said.
Hello, yes you might like these quotes, but the George bush quotes, have been overly play out and tiresome.

... see, if you would have said something along those lines, then we could have furthered the depth of the disussion, with out a sense of defence. Anyway thank you for your last comment, and i will try to work on making my posts a little more clear-cut ^_^  

samulalovato

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:44 pm
biggrin I love good book quotes with all mine heart....

"The sound of one hand clapping is 'CL'."

-Terry Pratchett (I've read so many of his books, and my memory is so fuzzed... I can't even recall which character said this. xd Susan? Lu Tze?)

"It always smelled like it was raining outside, even if it wasn't, and you were in the only nice, dry, cosy place in the whole world. I loved that damn museum."

- JD Salinger (Holden)

"LORD, WE KNOW THERE IS NO GOOD ORDER EXCEPT THAT WHICH WE CREATE... THERE IS NO HOPE BUT US. THERE IS NO MERCY BUT US. THERE IS NO JUSTICE. THERE IS JUST US. ALL THINGS THAT WE ARE, ARE OURS. BUT WE MUST CARE. FOR IF WE DO NOT CARE, WE DO NOT EXIST. IF WE DO NOT EXIST, THEN THERE IS NOTHING BUT BLIND OBLIVION.

AND EVEN BLIND OBLIVION MUST END SOME DAY. LORD, WILL YOU GRANT ME JUST A LITTLE TIME? FOR THE PROPER BALANCE OF THINGS. TO RETURN WHAT WAS GIVEN. FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?"

- Terry Pratchett (DEATH. Big one. <_< I know. But I love the whole thing...)

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."

- Niccolo Machiavelli

"What's done is done... What's done cannot be undone."

- Shakespeare (Lady Macbeth. This is actually two quotes, taken from different parts of the play)

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

- Shakespeare (can't recall where I got this one... Perhaps from mouth, perhaps from book; but I know it's Shakespeare. sweatdrop )

"What's the difference between three weeks or three years or even three decades of mushy peas, tapioca, and Depends undergarments?"

- Sarah Gruen (Jacob. Poor old feller.)

"He had noticed that events are like cowards: they didn't occur singly, but instead they would run in packs and leap out at him all at once."

- Neil Gaiman

And that's all for now. redface  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:55 pm
>.> <.< I just came up with this one recently

"I tease and mock those I love, insult those I dislike. Have fun trying to figure out which one you fall under"  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

WhiteFangGirl06

Unbeatable Raider

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:09 pm
Yah you may not have thought you were attacking me but it sure felt that way with the last part. You could have said you don't like the first quote because it was to clique instead. Thats cool if your not going to watch Saiyuki ever. The thing that made me mad was probably the last paragraph. The whole your the one who can't think for himself jerk was my way of trying to control my anger.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:06 pm
Charles de Gaulle - "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."  

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:25 am
Kipluck
Charles de Gaulle - "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."

lol I like this one  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:55 am
Sanzoskitsune
>.> <.< I just came up with this one recently

"I tease and mock those I love, insult those I dislike. Have fun trying to figure out which one you fall under"

You are making me blush

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:05 am
WhiteFangGirl06
Yah you may not have thought you were attacking me but it sure felt that way with the last part. You could have said you don't like the first quote because it was to clique instead. Thats cool if your not going to watch Saiyuki ever. The thing that made me mad was probably the last paragraph. The whole your the one who can't think for himself jerk was my way of trying to control my anger.

No offence, but you could just, y'know, not get angry over stuff on the internet. It's difficult, but when it clicks in your head that it's not worth it, It's so much easier to go on the internet.

I don't have a favourite quote, but I do have one I detest:
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

... No. No it doesn't. You suffer a spinal injury, and whilst it may not kill you, it certainly doesn't make you stronger, does it?

I prefer my version of it: "What doesn't kill me makes me wish I'd not licked that bloody plug socket"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:22 am
Heh, Bass... it all depends on your viewpoint; a lot of times a debilitating accident causes people to reach inside themselves to find something they hadn't before; a parapalegic going on to do marathons (there's a runner guy who has "bionic legs" that was just disqualified 'cause they thought he was too fast, or had some sort of advantage or something), Christopher Reeve going on to raise money for spinal injury research, Lance Armstrong raising awareness for cancer survivors...

But I also like your take on it... mrgreen

And as for quotes, here's one of my favorite exchanges from Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing":
Beatrice: I wonder that you will still be talking, Signior Benedick. Nobody marks you.
Benedick: What, my dear Lady Disdain! Are you yet living?
Beatrice: Is it possible disdain should die while she hath such meet food to feed it as Signior Benedick?
Benedick: You do me a good turn, lady. But it is certain I am loved of all ladies, only you excepted; and that I would I could find in my heart that I had not a hard heart, for truly I love none.
Beatrice: A dear happiness to women! They else would be troubled with a pernicious suitor. I thank God and my cold blood I am of your humor for that. I had rather hear my dog bark at a crow than a man swear he loves me.
Benedick: God keep your ladyship unchanged in that mind! 'Twill save some poor gentleman a scratched face.
Beatrice: Scratching would not make it worse if 'twere such a face as yours.
Benedick: I wish my horse had the speed of your tongue, but keep your tongue; i' God's name I am finished.
Beatrice: You always try to vanquish with the last word. Yes, I know you of old.

EDIT: As long as I'm doing Shakespeare, here's another favorite, this time from "As You Like It"

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

In Circus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:13 pm
"Mulitply it by infinity, take it to the depths of forever, and you'll still barely have a glimps of what I'm talking about." - the movie "Meet Joe Black"

"I know nothing of god or the devil. I have never seen a vision nor learned a secret that would damn or save my soul." - the movie "Interview with a Vampire"

"I have a higher and grander standard of principle than George Washington. He could not lie; I can, but I won't." - Mark Twain

"Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it." - Mark Twain

"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing." - Oscar Wilde

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

"Then after sixteen years of school, you get to go work! Unlike school, which is full of petty, cruel children who have constructed a bizarre society of conformance through verbal and physical abuse, work is full of petty, cruel adults who have constructed a bizarre society of conformance through threats of dismissal! So cheer up, your whole life is ahead of you!" - Unknown Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:21 pm
" To have a brain is not a sin, to have a brain and not use it now that is a sin. " ----- Doc from the movie Power of One. 3nodding  

Vanyalosse

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:30 am
Speaking of "As You Like It"...

"We that are true lovers run into strange capers; but as all is mortal in nature, so is all nature in love mortal
in folly."

Touchstone is one of the biggest reasons for why I love that story. sweatdrop

Oh, there's also this little snippet I got from Erius' sig:

"In the beginning, there was nothing. And it exploded."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:16 pm
Benedick, from Much Ado About Nothing: "Has it come to this? Shall I never see a bachelor of three score again?"  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

124-C

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:49 pm
King Lear (Act 2, Scene 1, Line 44[?])

Edmund: Look, sir, I bleed.

The entire character of Falstaff (in all of the various plays he was featured) aside, Edmund's line here has to be my favorite. I think it's something about the directness of it in the middle of everything else.

@Slim — You do well to bring up Erius's sig. I always smile when I see it.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff