Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spockat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:53 pm
Urzoh - HR - [she/her]

Green, blue, bronze and now brown! Urzoh watched the confident brown impress. So fiery! So bold! She could recall the parents hatching, what beautiful lovelies taking right after their mom and dad. She cracked a grin - what a pair those two make. She crossed her arms behind her head. Hot, and more than a bit sweaty - still so happy to be right where she was parked. Was there any other exciting place on pern? Aside from its skies? Than to watch the marvel of dragons finding their Own.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:56 pm
Valeska - she/her - High Reaches

It seems the little dragons felt like it was time for them to find their destined ones. A lovely green found the wounded girl. Valeska was glad the girls seemed to look a little better and was able to greet hers. The next was the light blue who walked up to another girl the the gather of candidates. She wished them a happy congrats in her mind. They were such a lovely pair. The next was a patiently bronze that seemed to focus its attention on a boy that stepped forwards to meet him. It was such a lovely thing to watch the bond happen between dragons and theirs. She watched in amazing wonder, the whole experience a wonderful thing of her own. She vaguely wondered how it felt. Was it as life-changing as it looked? They all looked so happy. And finally a brown made his way to His as well.  

Shikai-Chan

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:58 pm
PRITA ~~ High Reaches Weyr Candidate

Prita had a hand curled into her brown her - her nerves were clearly firing on all circuits. Her hazel eyes roved the hot sands, trying to catch every bit of action that was occuring. But she knew that she would for sure miss out on some things. Now if she had more pairs of eyes....... Prita swallowed, a frown etching her face. She felt her heart racing, worry marring her thoughts. No dragonet came her way. Was she perhaps not ready? That was of course, one side of the double edged blade. A dragonet chooses you - you gain a lifelong partner to grow and always have. And the other.... the deep fear of there never being a dragonet to fill the wedge-head shaped hole in one's heart that forever beckoned to be filled.

No!

She shook her head furiously, probably looking a bit wild-minded to outside fellows who were not familiar with her nervous worrying.

Now was now! The future was far away. Just be in the now, she told herself with a slight tug of her thick hair. Focus on the dragons. The beauties. And ohhhh.... they very much were.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:59 pm
Trude

With each new Impression Trude became more and more excited and happy, bouncing up and down on her toes and clapping her hands softly in front of her. "Oh, this is all so wonderful!" she said to Alisaide. "I can only imagine how wonderful it must feel!" Her joy radiated out around her -- surely there couldn't be anything more marvelous on Pern than Impression! And maybe someday with luck she'd get to experience that herself!

Zaikt

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:02 pm
Solameya // HRW// she/her

Ah, the Santa bronze did find his. Good. And one of the browns! Excellent. She was glad. Unfolding her arms, Solly shifted her stance to clasp her hands behind her back, the slightest tilt to her head. Who would be next? Which dragonet would feel the pull to find theirs, which of her fellow candidates, or even among those watching the proceedings. There were still so many that needed to find theirs, to survey, to seek, to find; and even one still remaining unhatched.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:03 pm
Haveli

The sudden voice at her side startled her, as had the touch, and it was with wide and wild eyes that Haveli turned to look at the newcomer. A heavy breath that had been caught in her lungs was released, and the color that had fled from her cheeks returned as calm replaced terror. There had been no dragonets even remotely near her and yet the body could remember sudden pain brought about by idle thoughts. Just what had she been thinking in those hazy moments?

"...I'm fine." It was a rough and angry response, and she winced. "....thank you." Carefully she pulled herself into a proper stance, putting weight on a leg that she shouldn't. Whatever that had attempted to try and start scabbing popped, and the warmth of blood started to tickle. "The heat and the time have me a bit sleepy." That was a lie, but Haveli just watched the impressive brown Impress. Lying felt okay right now, since she needed to keep standing. "Sorry to bother you."

Maybe this newcomer would go away now? Haveli didn't want to keep being the good luck charm for folks to stand by and Impress. There was only so much bitterness she could swallow down now and later.

Andranis

----------

Yura

"I...don't think we were all bad. I just wish everyone could have been here to see this." There were times Yura found himself thinking of their lost fellow weyrlings, and a sinking feeling in his stomach had him wonder (far back in his mind) how many would be lost in this group. Entire clutches surviving until graduation didn't seem the norm and it hurt his heart. Nevidenth's hearts too. "And again, I'm not going to dance! I can't risk putting you in the infirmary and the healers tease me too much." His cheeks blazed despite the cold of the hour. "They're all wonderfully nice people though, and it looks like one of the healers just Impressed. I'll have to ask Soui later if she knew him."

Soui probably did, considering he knew the little whiterider would have happily lived in the infirmary if they allowed her. Impressing hadn't slowed down the teen's drive towards healing and he could respect it, admire it even. Maybe Yura needed to advance his own goals? Nevidenth had mentioned wanting to do something about wings, hadn't he?

At the mention of breakfast, his stomach growled. "Normally I don't eat at this hour but it looks like my body is ready and willing. I wonder if they'll need help? I checked over a lot of the tables last time I was in and they seem steady, but - " At the last feast he'd attended he ripped his pants and hadn't even had time to eat. Yura did not really want a repeat performance.

Sweet Symmetry

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:05 pm
Tuelarua - HR Candidate, She/Her/Hers

As impressions happened all around her, Tuelarua glanced around at her fellow candidates -- both as a means to see which dragons might be milling about with her fellow candidates, but also taking stock of those around her. One in particular caught her eye, and though she wanted to keep an eye on her friend amongst the line up, she gently moved over to Prita’s side.

She reached out, the gentlest touch on the girl’s elbow. “You okay? You look about ready to jitter the sand around you into glass.”

Mewsings of An Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:09 pm
[alisaide - they/them/he/him - HR]

"Oh, I know! Just look at their faces afterward. I think one of 'em started crying." They could hardly blame him, though. "I've asked a few riders about what it's like, but they can never quite put it into words to tell me what it really is. Seeing it in person, though? Now I get why they couldn't manage it."
Shards and shells, they were excited. Even after so many Impressions and an ever-decreasing pool of dragonets, Alisaide couldn't find it in them to be disappointed--they were here! That was what mattered, above all else. They were experiencing something like this firsthand, and they were absolutely loving it.

tatterpixie

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:09 pm

When the confident brown waltzed up to Chayrel, Fehral immediately was convinced that he was about to see his lover Impress. Yet... there was a voice in his head. Zadelraheth's voice! A voice... just... for him. A storm of emotions overwhelmed him, and the young man - newly minted Fe'ral - reached out to touch that perfect, handsome face.

"Zadelraheth..!" He could barely fathom what had happened. What he had just become. Who they were. But he didn't have to do it alone. As he crumpled, sobbing against that soft, sleek neck, he heard Zadelraheth's voice in his mind again. Fe'ral, baby, you're never going to need to wonder again. You're mine. I'm yours. Isn't that just perfect? Almost as perfect as the brown himself.

Tears pouring down his cheeks, Fe'ral clung to his dragonet, Turns of fear and pain melting away in one shining, beautiful moment. Never again would he have to fear being abandoned, beaten, or betrayed. Never again would he have to hunch his shoulders lest he stand out - for with Zadelraheth by his side, he could do nothing less than stand tall! It didn't matter that there was no one in the Stands for him today.

Chayrel was here. Zadelraheth was here. And he, Fe'ral, was at last at peace. This was his home. Home. The word sounded so nice. At long, long last... the pony boy was home. And never would he ever be parted from it, or from the people and dragon that he loved. You've got that right, sugar pie. But don't you worry. I won't ever let you forget it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:16 pm
Prita ~~ HR Candidate

Prita nearly leapt her way from her skin at the small brush of fingers on her skin. An audible squeak left her lips and her hazel eyes shifted to peer at what had touched her. Oh! Another Candidate. She recognized her after a moment of scrutinizing. Her name.... Prita searched her memories. Tuelarua. "Ah....Ah..." She downcast her eyes, gulping down a large breath of dusty, burning air. "Yes... I'm quite alright. Just the usual nerves of... well... all of this wonderful event." She raised her eyes and smiled at Tuelarua. She unclasped her hand from her hair and fussed it flat down upon the white robe.

"Are... you nervous?" She asked, her voice a bit timid, but kindly. "Do you think Yours is here?"

Prism Shine

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:19 pm
Ara (Western) - she/her

Oh, oh, oh! Ara wasn't sure why some of the candidates were falling into a line, and she wondered if she ought to join them. She even took a step or two in that direction when she noticed that everyone forming a line appeared to be male. Well. Probably she didn't need to be in that line. But was that normal? She didn't remember being told that the candidates ought to line up for the dragons, but it sort of made sense to her that they might. It could prove safer. She had seen several accidents already, and one thing that could absolutely not be mistaken for an accident. Would a line have prevented that? She didn't think so.

All around her, to Ara's delight, young dragons were finding their lifemates. It was, without a doubt, the most exciting thing Ara had ever seen in her life. And since she wasn't really privy to what the hatchlings were saying to each other or the other candidates, it seemed extra amazing that they were coordinating their movements so well. Like with the boys lining up. She hoped she would remember every second of it. Her family wouldn't want to hear about it, of course. They would think she was telling tales even if she told them the whole truth, and they would say she was trying to make herself special, but Ara didn't feel like she was special. She felt like all of this was special, and she was going to enjoy it no matter what her family might think of it. An underused, rebellious portion of her mind whispered, After all, they're not here.
_____

Tonori (High Reaches) - he/him

Tonori knew he had missed his chance. In moving to comply with the young bronze's wishes, he had given offense to the lovely green who had come to peer at him. He knew he had done nothing wrong, but it seemed he also had not been in the right. He glanced at the bronze who had requested the line, along with the other dragons who seemed to be taking advantage of half the candidates gathering in a line. Were any of them really likely to Impress to him? No, not really. But the line idea made sense to him and he was already in it. He might as well stay.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:24 pm
Talis and Holleth

He has Impressed. He is a bluerider now. The words were cool and matter-of-fact, but there was just a hint of smugness about them. Because of course he had Impressed, and of course it had been to a blue. Lauthisen was worth the very finest High Reaches had to offer, after all. More importantly, this meant that the young man would be staying, which meant his rider wouldn't be back to stewing in the restless frustration that had taken hold of her over the last several months (although he wouldn't deny that he had had a claw in that as well, as he had been no better).

Talis, for her part, maintained composure in the face of the sudden urge to jump out of her seat. No, she stayed put right where she was, instead sitting back with a huge, self-satisfied grin, as though she'd had anything at all to do with it.
Tsunake
for mention!

Ilzerin and Maestoth

Time felt like it passed in Turns once Ilzerin had gotten Maestoth to the Healers, and he was oblivious to anything that passed on the Sands after that. There was no room in his thoughts for anything other than his precious, perfect brown, as he stayed as close as he possibly could while also staying out of the way of the work that needed to be done. And once it had, he took him very gently into his lap, cradling and pouring every ounce of love he had to give into him, until the need to eat grew more pressing than the need to rest.

Carefully, ever so carefully, the young man rose to his feet, dragonet held securely in his arms, in one fluid motion.

I...can walk, proud Maestoth protested, I should walk.

Yes, you can. But no, you shouldn't, and you won't. Though he understood why Maestoth wanted to walk to the feeding tables under his own power, Ilzerin wasn't about to let him. You wanted my devotion, didn't you? Well you're stuck with it now, sweetheart, and this is what it looks like. He strode over with head held high and not a thought to his ichor-stained robes, and settled them as far away from that bronze as he could. Paying no one else any mind at all, he started to feed His piece by small, tender piece, taking the greatest care even in this task.  

Meepfur
Crew

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:29 pm

The Rudolph Brown blinked slowly as his cheek got pat by the impertinent fellow. Hmph. Well, at least he'd left, and taken all his tomfoolery with him! Looking back at the queue of Candidates, he turned around to leave when his eye caught sight of someone.

For one moment, he found himself conflicted. He had his duty, and yet... he had his duty. As a brown dragonet, he was here to support his superiors--but there was a power, a need, far greater than even the direction of a bronze. I'm afraid I must abandon my post, sir. Forgive this transgression, but Impression is imminent. Giving the Christmas Tree bronze a revered bow, the dragon quickly trotted down the line.

He hadn't noticed him at first, simply due to chasing off that hoodlum brother of his. But now... Now he couldn't help but catch his gaze. Trotting right up to the unsuspecting Candidate, the brown reached over, and ever so tenderly, tugged upon the hem of his white rob. This was the line for a bronze but.... Well. Tonori! Your Chluaith might not have the power of a bronze, or the beauty of a green, but... Well. I am a strapping fellow, and I do rather think you and I might... what I'm trying to say is... Well. Perhaps you might consider.... Be Mine? The brown was usually much more well spoken, and not often one to lose his head. But this was a big moment, and he realized now that this was a far bigger, far more terrifying concept then he'd ever much considered. And while there was little that worried this brown, doing things alone--doing things without direction--was one of them.

This was a big risk...would it pay off?

User Image

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:34 pm
Tuelarua - HR Candidate, She/Her/Hers

There’s a touch of guilt at having made the girl jump, smiling softly as Prita turned. Yet she withdrew her own hands, smoothing down her robe, and hoping to hide the bloodstains some from the nervous candidate. Crossing her arms gently, she shifted her footing. “Most definitely wonderful.” But… did she think Hers was here? “I can.. certainly hope so. I’m two for two at being in the wrong place at the right time.” The chuckle that left her was accompanied by a bit of a shrug. “I’m still standing, though. And even if I don’t get to meet my dragon tonight? I get the chance to watch everyone else get to.”

She wasn’t Weyrborn, so any chance she got to be up close with babies was precious to her -- especially with her candle burning down on time. “And golds will always rise, so there will be other clutches, right? What about you -- do you think your dragon might find you today?”

Mewsings of An Angel
Tuelarua's a bit battered from trying to protect another candidate from a mauling that happened earlier, for reference < 3 She's bandaged and fine, but her robe's just a bit stained.

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:39 pm
Candidate Tarnaria

Tarnaria flinched back at the anger in the response, and while she heard the other girl's words, they seemed to vanish. "Oh... Um... Okay..." She shuffled away, her elations at watching the Hatching and the worry for somebody else's sake melting away sharply into hurt. An attempt at moral support, and to generally support and help, had been rebuffed, and to Tarnaria, in that moment, it hurt a lot. She'd parse the whys later, but for the moment, she moved off to the side, a bit away from the other girls. Maybe she should just continue to watch the hatchlings, then.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff