Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:11 pm
Peppermint Coffee

ShinosBee

Hearing a new conversation spark up between two candidates, one of which he didn't recognize by voice (he was pretty sure he knew at least all the candidates by voice), R'gan looked up and noticed someone who was decidedly out of place. Out of place, mostly, because they were the only one (bar the healer that had come in earlier) who was not wearing the white candidate robes. "Oh.. Stands impression, huh?" he said. "That must've been a shock."

"You know what you to do, right? Need anything?" he asked. After all, they'd had months, and even turns for some, of training and lessons and lectures to pound this all into them until it was second nature. And he knew how things could go in one ear and out the other when you'd just impressed. But mostly, he was just bored. Basanuth had finished eating long ago, and was now just sitting docilely at his side and blinking sleepily.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:13 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

Amila all but clung to that hand, needing to have something to fall back on emotionally to keep from bolting. She hadn't hoped, but, it seemed not meant. She hoped Faren Impressed, though; that the newe Weyrlings loved their soulmatres. They deserved the love and care and if anyone ever hurt their dragonets... Oh, then she'd make sure they paid!

Still, even watching the last dragon Impress.... Watching her go....

Amila wasn't in high spirits, or any mindset to move to any feast. She was going to work. Work, and strive, and do what she was meant to do as a female-- which was do as told by betters. No... Amila felt her senses of hope and excitement shatter, and the Candidate masked it all with a sigh, ignoring the hot tears threatening to spill over.

She was going to chores now that this was winding down, and the Candidate was going to stay well from sight of all but her new hallmate, and nobody was stopping it.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:19 pm
Alumet

She had been ready to walk off the sands, ready to leave, to pretend like none of this had happened. The blonde had all but given up, resigned to think that her beloved brother would be on his own and- Why are you so sad, my dearest Alumet? Have I taken so long that you have lost faith in me? I have never strayed, my dearest heart. There was suddenly a beautiful, large hatchling in front of her. There was a dragon looking up at her with whirling rainbow eyes, and a feeling of LOVE and acceptance washing over her that brought her to her knees before the gold. Tears that had been held back by the sheer pride of her nature were flowing freely as she stared in to the eyes of a Gold dragonet who was now sitting before her, with wings outstretched.

A sharding GOLD.

I'm finished now. I'm sorry, they needed me to stay. Please say you don't mind... She...minded? How could she ever? How could she ever mind? "No." Her voice was coming out loud. She hadn't any way to hold it back, not with the small one right before her, asking her, "You had...You had to take care of them. I understand." She did the same for her brother...and now, here before her, was Zenobiath. HER Zenobiath. Both of their emotions twined in her brain, and before she was aware, she was hugging the Gold and sobbing. It took a few minutes before she could regain the composure of a queen that she was built with...though a gentle nudge by a soft nose helped. Come now, Alumetmine. We have people to see, and I would like to eat as well. You were Mine from the beginning.

Nodding. she stood, and walked with her beloved dragonet up to where the other weyrlings awaited them. She was a Goldrider now....Shards, a goldrider. Once they arrived, they both strode in as though they belonged, and when she saw Cahlusi, she smiled, "Brother dear....Meet Zenobiath."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:23 pm
NovaCracker

There it was. She'd never really thought herself to a gold, but it still hurt to be left out of all the teams. She swallowed a knot in her throat and squeezed her friend's hand, a forced smile on her lips. The last of the dragonets would be heading to the feeding station, and everyone else to the feast, soon. She hadn't planned to go, unless Amila was interested. As she glanced over, though, she saw the same stab of quiet self-depression that hit her every time.

"Take it you're not interested in the feast either?" she muttered. "Wanna get some stitches and some quikal and go read a book or something?" If she hadn't been injured so badly, she'd have thought more of chores and work, but... "I'm not sure I'm getting my arm back, this go-round."  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:30 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"...Yeah." Amila said, voicew a fluttery softness. She was quiet, even whispery, but she managed a false smile at the new Candidates. At least she didn't feel alone out there-- just... Hurting. But, well, they were told it might happen -- which made her feel worse for feeling bad really; horrible, and, was it selfish?...Yes.

"C'mon." Amila nodded, turning to walk with Faren for the healers. At least all eyes would be on the newly Impressed riders. Once in the peace of their hall, then she'd cry with Faren.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:32 pm
V'tre

Vitre managed a slightly wobbly smile when the boy, R'am seemed friendly. "I'm Vitre...from the hold," he added by way of explanation. He really did stand out like a sore thumb here. "Ah well, uhm." He grew slightly flustered at R'gan's addition. He nearly dripped the knife--usually he was wuite deft with his fingers, but apprently they'd started to shake a bit at some point. Thanoth lifted her head, gently nosing into his palm to help still his tremling. "Y-yeah...But I couldn't not come down...Thanoth needed me. I had...Nebbi, she's my friend, we'd been joking before, about impressing together. I hadn't even known you could without being a candidate until a month ago. She...was the one who told me." But he'd had to leave her behind. She was the one who deserved a dragon but here he'd gone and...

"...Thanoth, you were meant to be mine and not hers, right? For sure?" His tone was unsure despite himself. Now, knowing the green, his heart rebelled against the thought of her beside anyone else.

Of course I was meant for you! If you hadn't come along then I'd be as dead as the meat you're chopping up! Not as tasty though of course! The green was laughing at the gruesome fate that would have awaited her like it was just the funniest thing. It was jarring, but somehow was just what Vitre needed to feel at ease. "I just...I feel like I've got no idea what I'm going to do now. I'm sorry," He wasn't quite sure why he was apologizing. Probably for the extra work he was going to make for them if they offered to help him get caught up. "I want to try though. Thanoth deserves the best so...I guess I'll just be the best, right?"

Thanoth meanwhile had fixed her eyes on Elzebuth. She wanted to make sure he was alright! But...more food first. She hadn't realized how starving she'd been until the eating had started. That didn't keep her from watching him, eyes whirling in a merry dance.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:36 pm
Aresoth had kept his eyes on everyone that had impressed, his siblings who had stands impressed getting a sight raise to his eye ridges. It was strange, but he was glad they had found their intended, he had not wanted them to be alone.

Then, there was his golden sister, finally moving over towards hers. He let out a happy bugle to her, watching as she and her bonded moved towards the alcove. Zenobiath He spoke to his sister as she and her bonded moved passed. He was glad she was well, she had done such a noble thing to wait for her siblings to find theirs, making sure they found their match, and she had helped him through everything with Elzebuth.

Once Zenobiath had seemed to find where she was going, her bonded had moved them towards the male who had impressed Macuith, Aresoth moved over towards them. C'ryn noticed Aresoth's movement and he stood up. Where are you going? He saw him move to the gold and sit beside her, he had already had his fill of food so he was content.

C'ryn was struck more by how beautiful Alumet was first and then the gold beside her. They complimented one another so well and he moved over to the group his dragon had joined. Aresoth looked up at him, giving a soft creel to C'ryn before looking at Zenobiath again. This is the one who helped you at the touching, yes sister? C'ryn stood there, a bit awkwardly before he finally decided to speak. "I'm, Ca...C'ryn and this is Aresoth."

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Masterharper
[/quote[

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Oh dear, poor little Cynosuth was terribly exhausted, wasn't she? The newly minted Dr'stan glanced gravely down at his dragonet as he fed her carefully sized bites of meat. His hand was steady as he selected it and prepared it. The buckets had, as always, been set out one for each by V'mel. The Weyrlingmaster was nothing if not thorough, and this was meant to be a lesson in person responsibility for caring for one's dragon. A lesson that he had never expected to be receiving, in point of fact. "Now, dearest, swallow those pieces slowly. No need to choke on them to get them down faster. They'll only catch in your throat and choke you," he advised his little Green.

The baby dragonet leaned against him heavily, and he reached down to better support her even as he fed her. His firelizard had come to drape about his neck, crooning and humming at the baby. The flit, who was barely more than a baby himself, seemed enraptured by her. Well, perhaps he was. Cinonth, came the little voice, reaching out to the large Blue. Can you please tell yours that Mine loves him very much? It seemed important to her that he know.

Her attention was easily distracted by the food, however, and she tried to follow her bondmate's instructions as carefully as she was able. She couldn't help but be a little eager, for she was very, very hungry. The dragonet gave a creel, reaching out her thoughts to another Blue. A special friend! Aurinkoth, may I meet yours? She seems very nice, but she's very far away, Cynosuth said, although Ichta, in reality, was quite nearby. Moving at all at the moment seemed too much to ask. So she cuddled against Dr'stan, waiting to hear from either Blue.

"There now," Dr'stan said, smiling faintly. This... was more than he could have hoped for. More than he had ever truly dreamed he could have, after that last fateful Hatching. He was almost four Turns too old to Impress, and yet here he was. It didn't seem that Cynosuth had cared, which made him wonder if some of the dragonets who vanished between might have had matches after all... but those were sad thoughts, and thankfully no hatchlings had betweened at this Hatching. He didn't know if his heart could have borne it.

Masterharper
demon_pachabel

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:47 pm
R'am was plenty friendly, even as his dragon once more fell out of his grip with her constant fidgeting and squirming. She slinked to the sands between his feet and then skittered around to the other dragons, snuffling, sniffing, and snorting at them.

Then someone started talking to V'tre and R'am just focused on making sure his dragonet didn't do anything too rash. She ..was honestly seeming like the type who would do crazy things when she was restless. "Hopefully she's not restless all the time," he murmured, probably loud enough for V'tre to hear.

"..Don't worry," R'am said to the other, smiling reassuringly. "We're all going to be learning these things together. So I don't think you've got anything to say sorry for." He didn't know exactly what was in store for them either, but it was going to be an exciting adventure. R'am turned his eyes to R'gan and gave him a wide, almost sheepish looking grin. "Right?"
ShinosBee

DruidTigeress

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:10 pm
ShinosBee

Peppermint Coffee

Mine. You've upset him now. Basanuth stirred from his dozy stupor to say.
I didn't mean to! R'gan said. He'd only just offered to help.. But he didn't need to convince Basanuth of that. His sleepy eyes blinked closed again, not more than momentarily roused.
I know you didn't. But say something else. He has done no wrong and should not be so upset.

He glanced at R'am warily. "Uh.. Yeah. No.. That's fine." he said, not really sure of half of what he was going on about. Though he seemed concerned about the fact that he was an In-Stands impression. He supposed, to him, it was only natural that he would come to His. But it must have been a real shock for him, not even coming from the Weyr. He lifted a shoulder easily once V'tre seemed to have composed himself a bit (or at least was making more sense). "Hey. None of us have any idea we're doing. We just think we do, which means you're probably in the better spot." he told him.

He glanced down at the table where he'd been pointlessly chopping meat for the last half candlemark, despite the fact that it would probably all be fed to firelizards after they were done. He couldn't help it. He needed something to do with his hands. "I'm sorry you had to leave your friend." he said, after another moment. That much he'd managed to gather from his mostly-garbled statements before. That had to be hard too. As someone born in the Weyr, he never had to think about leaving his friends and family to impress. Even Searched candidates had to leave their homes. He really was lucky, if he thought about.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

C'lusi -- he had to try to get used to a shortened name -- hadn't wasted time getting a bucket of meat. His blue was only too happy to lean against his rider and turn his happy gaze upon all of his lovely clutchsibs. He made sure to keep contact with his rider, but was patient and composed, for all that he was hungry. The blue would prefer to take his time to eat, and look good doing it, thank you, than rush. At least, that had been the dragons intention. It didn't take more than a few moments for the blue to push his head under his rider's arm, and stare longingly at the meat.

"You're the one who had wanted to wait," he laughed, taking a piece and offering it to his blue. The dragon only too happily snatched it. Piece by piece, the blue dragon waited for C'lusi to feed him, and it surprised the boy how fast the dragon's hunger abated. He was glad of it, really. Anything to make the little blue feel better.

His devotion to the other was surprising. All he wanted to do was admire his lovely blue companion, his intricate markings, and those gorgeous eyes, but if he didn't pay attention, he'd cut his hand, and that would incur V'mel's wrath. So it was, he forced himself to focus on his work, though Macuith seemed more than happy to know it was a struggle for his rider.

How much time passed, he wasn't sure; as intent as he was feeding his most handsome blue, he did not know that his sister Impressed. "Brother dear..." C'lusi looked up from where he was settled with Macuith, and gaped. "Meet Zenobiath." There was his sister. There was Alumet. She was looking more radiant than he'd ever seen her, and there was a gold! A beautiful, dark colored gold. She'd done it! His baby sister had Impressed!

"Alumet..!" He jumped up and instantly bridged the distance, hoping to give her a hug. He didn't want to upset her gold, or Macuith, but his joy in Impression was only amplified knowing that his sister had found a partner, too. They would be weylings together. And she, on a gold! It was fitting it was perfect, it was amazing.

He didn't mean to ignore C'ryn -- he was just so intent on sharing his sisters joy that he was having trouble focusing his attention. "She's an absolute doll! Perfection incarnate!" At this, Macuith gave a small creel, reaching over to tug at his riders robes. "Perfect for her, love. You're perfection for me," he assured Macuith, reaching down to stroke his blue's headknobs and ridges.

Best greetings, Zenobiath. Macuith greeted cordially, eyes whirling bright with joy. Whoever was important to C'lusi was important to Macuith, and he knew Alumet was very important, indeed. But the blue was also quick to turn eyes on Aresoth. Oooh. Now that was a lovely bronze. Hello to you too, Aresoth. Maybe he'd get some good attention through association, right?

C'lusi did look over at C'ryn, realizing that (maybe) he'd accidentally overlooked him or cut him off. Whoops. Sibling excitement, and all that. The gold rider always got the best attention in a Weyr, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:19 pm
In seemingly no time, all the eggs had hatched and all the young dragons had Impressed - One to the doctor, no less! Kraketh shifted, tilting his head momentarily as he heard Kratoth's name, before he started for the ledge out of the hatching grounds. Come on, J'mus, we should go before somebody recognizes you.

Shifting, Jacomus looked over at Kraketh, before he looked to where at least two candidates were looking morose. Hold on, Kraketh, I... Need to do something. Moving between people, he approached Amila and Faren. "Hey, you two - Chins up! You have a lot of time yet to Impress!" He motioned toward Kraketh, whose eyes were starting to whirl into a more red color. "It took me three Turns before I Impressed Kraketh! And I was expecting a brown, only to have a Bronze sit right on me!" Why was he trying to cheer these young candidates up? It would make no impact on him, he'd be gone in short order. Maybe after exploring the Weyr a little, of course... And leaving with souvenirs. Everybody was busy, why not?

NovaCracker

Ruhane Hiisai

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:26 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Masterharper

His arms around her made the world right, and she clung to C'lusi like a lifeline. He was warm, he was here, and they were Weyrlings together. His sudden move had only gotten a small squeak of indignance from the lovely little Gold, who glanced up at C'lusi with whirling blue-greens. This was Hers' brother. As the Blue that had chosen him was one of her own, this was Alumet's. Very well. He would be terribly important. She would make sure that all was well for them, "A GOLD, brother....A gold." It was whispered in his ear, awe, wonder, and delight all there. As soon as she was contented, she settled beside them. her own bucket of meat settled quickly as she carefully began to chop it and feed it to a hungry hatchling. Macuith. You and Yours are very good. He is almost as beautiful and perfect as Mine, and he is suited perfectly for you.

Alumet had just begun feeding as C'ryn approached, starting a small conversation with Zenobiath, Mine, once we are done, I would like to make sure everyone has had their fill. It made sense of course, and the maternal smile that lit Alumet's lips at her Gold's heart was obvious. Another piece of meat was offered to hungry jaws, But of course, dearest heart. It wouldn't do to be sure that everyone wasn't settled where they must be. Nonetheless, we have to fill your belly before you can tend to anyone else. I can feel how hungry you are, remember. It got a chuckle from Rider, and a quiet croon from the queen..until she was prepared to look up to the voice interrupting her meal.

Ah, Aresoth! Her brother, her Aresoth. Letting out a warm croon of welcome, the Gold bumped her snout gently against his, nose pressing once as her wings folded primly, long tail pressed to Hers' leg. Aresoth had even brought His over to say hello, though...Ah, he was staring at Hers, as well he should be. She was beautiful, after all. The most beautiful, Yes. This is AlumetMine. She was mine from the start, though she lost heart. I suppose I almost waited too long, but you all needed to find where you belonged first. Her tone was clearly matter of fact, as she was fed yet again. Goodness, his sounded nervous. Was he well? C'ryn's awkward nature was met with a good-natured laugh from Alumet, her gaze warm.

"C'ryn. I am Alumet, and this? This is Zenobiath." Her fingers stroked a delicate snout, up over the head knobs to soothe the dragon...or...to rather emphasize the state of wonder and pride she was still in. She was a Goldrider...Sitting here with her Gold, "It's nice to meet you." This is who is important, Mine. We must be sure that Aresoth and I keep order. You are my most important, my heart, but he is my brother that will help me keep the others as they should be. Of course, Macuith, you and Aresoth will be my dearest allies. After all, Macuith belonged to someone dear to Hers. For a moment, contented blue-green whirled with red, as she glanced at Elzebuth, then she calmed, noting that her anger upset Hers, It can't be helped that some enjoy causing more of a scene than they are due. It was almost a scoff, leaving Alumet to shake her head, Be nice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:35 pm
His hunger long since sated, Aurinkoth was enjoying the attentions of his bonded and thrumming up at the young woman lovingly when a familiar voice entered his head. The blue suddenly lifted his head, turning it to look towards where his green sister was not far off, crooning adoringly at her. Dear Cynosuth! You will love mine - not as much as I love mine. That's impossible, and you will never love her nearly as much as you love yours, but she is wonderful and I would be happy for her to come meet you. he hummed blissfully, before looking up to Ichta.

Mine, let us go see Cynosuth and hers! She will be happy to see us both and it will be wonderful. Don't you want more friends? he asked, again happily taking the charge to circle the table to where Dr'stan and Cynosuth sat (which to be fair, wasn't all that far away). Without a word, she rose to follow after the blue who sat at the Healer's side and peered around him for his green sister. I am here! And mine is here! Let her see you and adore you! Whether he spoke to Cynosuth or Ichta was up to debate, but she stood back as her dear blue bumped his head against his sister's.

She offered no greeting but a smile to her fellow Weyrling.

Fated Fable

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:45 pm
C'ryn wasn't annoyed that C'lusi had seemed to ignore him, he didn't take it to heart. He watched the siblings and smiled as he saw them embrace, he had always wondered what it would feel like to have a sibling who actually loved and cared for you, though he turned his mind from that when he felt Aresoth lightly press against him. He smiled down at the bronze, stroking his head as he finally had the attention of the others. When Alumet spoke to him, as well as looked at him, C'ryn felt his heart flutter some, but he kept it from his face, doing his best to hide his nervousness. Are you alright mine? Aresoth felt the fluster come from C'ryn and the boy nodded his head. Yes. I'm fine, Aresoth, I promise.

His eyes found the gold, who was very lovely and Aresoth nuzzled against her after they touched snouts before returning to sit on his haunches beside his. I thank you for watching over us, Zenobiath. I also thank you for telling me to hatch when you did. He did not regret getting into that fight with Elzebuth, the brown needed to learn his place and playing the games he had been doing would cause problems for his bonded and it could have caused even more problems for him.

"It's nice to meet you, Alumet." C'ryn was doing his best to focus on the strength that Aresoth was giving him, the calm he was working with as well. His eyes moved to look at C'lusi as well, before looking around to some of the others in the area. He didn't see any of his friends here yet and he felt a little sad, but Aresoth was there once more, ready for it.

More friends will be made within the weyrling group C'rynmine. Zenobiath is a close confidant of mine, I hope you and hers get close to one another. If they didn't get close enough to be best friends, that didn't bother him really, but he still wanted them close, it would make things easier to keep an eye on his siblings with her.

The flash of red that Aresoth saw in Zenobiath's eyes when she looked over at Elzebuth made the bronze bristle some, ready to jump to his golden sister's defense once again. Enjoy your well deserved spotlight, Zenobiath. Do not worry about Elzebuth, if he tries to reach above his station he will find it hard to do. If there was a threat there, it was hard to tell and C'ryn raised an eyebrow some at Aresoth's words, that he had heard.

It is good to see you are well, Macuith.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Masterharper

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas