Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:14 am
Lissa

For a long, horrible moment, Lissa felt as if she couldn't breathe as she watched one of the fighting bronzes attack the little white dragon. In fact, if anyone were to ask her about it later, she would solemnly swear that her breath had frozen in her lungs until the point she saw the white rally and Impress. She'd heard a deep voice in her head warning them all against interfering lest the babies go between... Still.

Now if the Banshee would relax, the Hunter and Demon cease fighting and things to just calm down in general, her shattered nerves would be a great deal better.

--------------------

Esfir

From the moment the Hunter had attacked and thrown his white brother, Esfir's heart had felt as if it were being squeezed mercilessly. She couldn't help the worried tears that streamed down her face. And in all of the excitement, she'd simply fallen to her knees and covered her face as a solemn voice inside of her head warned everyone to leave the dragonets be. To not interfere with their fight.

It this instance, she felt it was completely acceptable to cry and hope that things wouldn't be terrible. Thus, when a small green muzzle nuzzled her and sent a small flood of happiness at her, Esfir squeaked in the most undignified way before looking up and blinking owlishly at the little green Werewolf.

"You darling," she murmured and wondered if it was allowed to hug the dear little thing as thanks for being so kind. She settled on reaching out a tentative hand to stroke the baby's face. "How thoughtful you are! Thank you."

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:20 am
He couldn't help himself. Oerlen was looking at the white again. He watched, captivated as the tiny dragon Impressed and was carried away, the weight lifted from his chest at the sight making his robes feel lighter too. There was a warm breeze around his ankles as well... wait.

He hastily raised his hand to cover his grin as it spread across his face without his permission, a bit afraid that the green might think he was baring his teeth if she saw it. She didn't seem to care about anything more than gorging, however, so he quickly added, "If you find yours, you'll get to eat as much as you like. Almost first pick." He was sure the Ghoul's demure sister would have hardly dented the hatchlings' feast, and her brother was still being tended to by the healers.

Masterharper

Smerdle

Scamp

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 am
He was so proud. Another egg began to move. His firstborn was purposefully working through the candidates. A beautiful green had just been born. Blundarth could not have been happier. Then it was all shattered. The young bronze lunged at a lad, rending and tearing the candidates flesh. Blundarth reached out to his son, but was frightened by what he felt. They were such foreign feelings to the older bronze. He retreated from seeking Demon's mind. Shaken, not by the dragons violence. No, it was his glee. Blundarth had never been a fighter, but he understood why people fought. The idea of hurting just for the sake of hurting, it was something he simply could not comprehend. It hurt his heart to watch as this perfect hatchling terrorised the candidates. Yet there was nothing that he could do to stop it.

There had not been time to revel in the birth of his first daughter. Vimiath left his side, but Blundarth was trapped, frozen, unable to stop the carnage that the young bronze brought. His mind was stalling. Faintly he could hear K'tor calling to him, but all that existed in his world was blood. Flashes of red over white and bronze. How could he? Why would he do this? Where had this bloodlust come from. Should he have seen it coming? Was this his fault? Could he have stooped it? Soothed the young bronze? Blundarth had failed.

A bugle, too small to be an adult dragon, drew his eye away. Blundarth saw two greens on the sands and his heart sank that he had missed seeing the two beautiful girls enter into the world. A shriek sounded as another bronze was born and launched at another egg. Was it him? Was there something wrong with him and that was what made his bronze sons act with such ferocity? Perhaps those things that K'tor thought he did not hear were true. He was weak. He had not deserved Vimiath's attentions. She had chosen him out of pity. It was his fault that this was happening. They knew what their father was. They needed to fight so others would not see them as their father's sons.

The egg erupted under Hunter's assault and a small white came exploding into their midst. Blundarth looked at the pair as they did not take up fighting. Had Hunter known? Could it be he had been trying to help? Perhaps... Blundarth's thoughts were once again dragged away as he heard a crack. He turned his head and his eye managed to track the blur of brown that tore across the sands. The brown did what Blundarth had not be able to do and protected the boy, driving the bronze away. To hear the brown's sad pleas tore at Blundarth's already wounded heart. Still he could not move. What should he do? What if in trying to help he caused the unimaginable? What if one of his children went between because he tried to help. The bronze stood, paralyzed with fear. Even as a blue and green were hatched he could not find the joy in his heart anymore. The bronze's body sagged. What should he do?

They were fighting and his heart could not take anymore! A simply pathetic sound escaped the bronze as he watched the bronzes grapple in the sand. The small white joined their fight and Blundarth took an unconscious step forward. No. He was so small. The third bronze's hatching passed Blundarth by as he stared in terror at the trio. Please, his hearts pleaded, please, stop this. There was such ferocity. Blundarth struggled to connect the whirlwinds of teeth and claws with the young minds he had spent countless candlemarks with so far. How had he not seen this in them?

A sound that could only be described as a scream erupted from Blundarth's throat as the young white was shaken and tossed aside. He abandoned thought, one long lunge forward brought him near the ichor coated dragon. No. No. No. No. This couldn't be happening. Blundarth's eye whirled as white as his child's hide. He swung his head from side to side desperately. Where were they!? His was here. They had to be. They could fix this. They could take him away and keep him safe. A scream echoed his own and Blundarth's seeking gaze saw the terrified blue. In that moment everything restarted. His mind swung out, wrapping around Banshee. I am here little one. He poured every ounce of strength he felt into it. Come to me. I will protect you. We will find yours and they will take you from this place.

His gaze went back to Angel, just in time to see a candidate gently lift him from the sand. Hope kindled in his hearts and a determination solidified in the bronze. His voice went out wide. Seeking the minds of both dragon and candidate alike. I will protect all of you. Come to me. I will shield you. His gaze turned to Demon and Hunter where they still fought. Even from yourselves if I have to. They did not have to come to him. He would not force them. Yet he was here. To guard them. To keep safe. He had been since the beginning and he would be until the end.

As Miach and Akeroth moved away from him, he reached out once again. Even as he kept his distance he could feel how they loved each other. Take good care of him. He has chosen well. I will always be here for him, and for you. He caressed Akeroth's mind as he would have before the white hatched. Grow strong, my son.

Mx Cherie
For Banshee

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 am
What, ooh yes. Yevalee rubbed their face with their free clean hand before looking closer at the wounds. The gorgeous weren’t as awful as they firsts assumed. They were deep but neat, the skin not ragged so they would hopefully heal relatively well. Most of the bleeding had stopped, and with a bit of pressure the one closer to their elbow should as well. They pressed a clean bit of robe there, holding it in place.

“I’m… okay, it just scratches, a bit deep but okay.” They said, calming down. There had just been a reflex kick that the injury had been caused by
something living instead of scratched on sharp shell or corals. There was things with too many long needle sharp teeth in the warm water of the islands.

They paused, head tipped. “Umm, you have a hatchling… I think they are eating your robe, Oer.” Yevalee pointed out, trying to be helpful.

Smerdle

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:28 am
Damon was somewhat overwhelmed and that was an uncommon feeling for a harper apprentice and he must say he sort of enjoyed the chais but not all the blood he was a firm believer that when it came to dragonets they should use words not teeth.

There were so many dragons out on the sands now he didnt know where to go or what to do, surely it would be better to move a little since none had come by to see him what if his were out there searching for him? So he started walking slowly toward the dragons settling down closer to the lot but far enough away to stay out of the splash zone.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:31 am

The petrified Banshee clung to his papa's thoughts with desperation, lost and so alone! Daddy... Daddy, I cannot find mine. Worse and worse! His brother had nearly died, his other brothers fought and... and someone might die at any moment!

Daddy, please... please help me. The aching loneliness stretched out until it encompassed all who were near to the Banshee, who had come to hide in Blundarth's shadow. In the shadow of his wing.

The_Muffin_Puppy

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:38 am
Reenav was done with the nonsense and went to help the protective brown pull back some of the candidates he hadnt reached yet. The dragons would sort through it and then find theirs or so he desperately hoped.

He saw a few high reaches people he knew and waved at them. This hatching compared to the last would give him grey hair he was sure. All for the chance of findinf his partner which he could never have sacrificed.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:41 am
SilverLutz

Kiri
The girl was glad that the boy seemed all right. Though some of the dragons were small, the could do a lot of damage, and quickly. She'd never thought to be afraid of a dragon, but this entire experience was leaving her a bit on edge. She almost expected something else to go wrong at any moment.

"I'm Kiri," she introduced herself, filing his name away for later. "Sounds like a good enough reason for an introduction to me." She added brightly. Still, she glanced around, and noticed more dragonets hatching from their shells. "You'd think they'd be desirous to find their match. I never thought a Hatching would be like this, least not from the ballads and songs the Harpers sing about. I suppose a blood bath wouldn't exactly set the mood for much of anything though," she added with a little laugh.

It was a serious situation, but Kiri had never been one to be somber.

Smolderinskies

Rasthell
The red-head kept his love's hand tight in his own. If he pulled him a bit close when things started to get really rough, it was only so he could protect him. While he was sure Dharzol could take care of himself, he wanted the other to know that it was safe here, and they were okay. He wasn't going to judge the other for having feelings, or being worried, nervous, anxious, or afraid. He didn't have to put up a front around him -- he loved him just as he was.

"Let's go over here. We can get a better view, and won't be so much in the way." Especially as dragons were now starting to move among the Candidates. Not all the eggs had hatched, but he realized the were starting to run out. And yet... Not many had Impressed. Peculiar. When would they find their matches?  

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:41 am
Varinia saw a familiar face walking what she would consider too close. Reaching out, she grabbed his wrist. "Damon, you should be careful. I wouldn't go any closer in case they decide they need more blood." She warned. Vari was just glad she could help the angel and that eh found his. Hopefully now that he was able to be carried off he would get the type of care he needed. She hoped everyone could get the kind of care they needed.

Aukai Oceansoul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:46 am
Nilah44

Damon reached over in relief at someone he knew and grabbed her wrist too. Not realizing how comforting the contact was until it was made. "I saw you with the white do you think he will make it? I cant imagine being bonded and then loosing that dragon soon after."

The baker was a tough woman and he admired that about her she like him was calm in the face of the storm but no one saud being tough was easy. He was doing his best to follow instructions in the chaos but he also was worried that his chances might slip away if he had stayed where he was.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:46 am

At Shahera's approach, Cesare found himself tensing all the more. "Physically, at any rate." Watching the battle that still took place on the sands was unnerving, unnatural. To see dragon fight against dragon, no. "I cannot imagine why anyone would ever condone such behavior." Or, moreover, why anyone would ever want to be matched to one of those Bronzes. Let someone else have them. The uncontrolled nature of the two dragonets that yet tussled was... unappealing. He wanted no part in this. Thankfully, it seemed unlikely that one of those dragons might look to him. He had suspicions on where at least one of them was destined to go. Glancing at the stretcher that still held Dolmar, he willed it to be so.

faesinger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:50 am
Aukai Oceansoul

"To be honest....I'm not really sure. All I can hope is that anyone injured will get the proper care and make it out alive. I don't know what I would do either, to impress and then have it taken away so suddenly..." Varinia tried to smile at him, the half hearted attempt was successful but it didn't have much behind it. "I'm worried about those bronzes...I wish someone could get it into their thick skulls that there will be plenty of time after impression to make others lives hell. Goodluck if one happens to be yours." she teased. One of the bronzes wouldn't be for her for obvious reasons, but she almost hoped Damon didn't get stuck with one either.  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:51 am
Aly’on

Aly’on breathed deep and relaxed as Ihiannsith reached him. Things were handled then. He turned away and left back to his seat and to get a better look at this sibling to hope that Rylyrr hadn’t done anything stupid. Though his brother had been very good in taking care of himself and making sure the other candidates made it so far.
He took a seat, rubbed at his face and breathed deep. Things would be absolutely fine.

Rylyrr
Rylyrr went to run a hand through his hair, paused at how inchor stained his hands really were, and started to clean them on his robe. Ugh. Okay, things were somewhat better, and by that he meant they were a minuscule bit better. The white hadn’t died. Which was a plus.

It seemed that the other candidate that had been mauled had been taken off the sands. Second plus that they were receiving care.

The bronze hatchings were still trying to kill each other and a blue was now in the biting and clawing mass. Not good but not something he could do about it. He was displeased with both of them though.

Outside that there was…how many hatchlings, lots of hatchlings. Rylyrr looked out, counting slightly. 13? So many and Blundarth was out and tending to some of them. Which was also probably good.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 am
Jagmund

The clutch's father seemed to be intervening somewhat, trying to comfort the panicked and scared Banshee blue. Jagmund pulled himself up into a sitting position, panting slightly. Perhaps he would be able to stop the fighting bronzes.

He held his arm to the side, the blood drying onto his white robes. His breaths hurt but at least he could still breathe, still move on his own... though sitting up had taken almost everything he had left. Why did a couple of ribs cause so much pain? He hoped the dragonets' bodies were stronger than his.  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:54 am
Well, what did that mean? "So, emotionally you are a wreck? Letting that get to you?" She waved her free hand at the mess. The other was still in a vice grip on Serfie. "Feeling like fainting?" The last one was in a teasing voice. "Really though. What is wrong with them?"

Where was Marinel?

Mx Cherie

Revel1984

DruidTigeress

Thaliawen

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games