Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:30 am
Rokar backed up another step, he could FEEL the indignation and anger from the bronze almost, "I wasn't thinking! i'm sorry!" he managed to rasp out in his strained, hoarse voice before he was pounced on, stifling a yell when the bronze swiped at his chest, any higher would have been his throat ... wouldn't that have been ironic.. the optional mute, being muted for good.... Closing his eyes and drawing further back into the burning sand as best he could when the bronze snapped at him. He didn't move for some moments after the bronze got off him, breathing hard, thankful this was a dragon... not a Wher. He didn't move until a healer came over to check on him, taking him over to the Healer tables to get his wounds cleaned and checked over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Becka wondered what the heck the boy had thought to make that bronze as pissed as he had been but dutifully cleaned the boy's wound with the fresh water on hand, giving him a drink of cold (well luke warm) klah to calm any nerves. Once she'd done her job, she left it to a more senior healer to check the wounds. Glancing back at the Sands and the candidates she saw Ionan look around and stood on tip toes to give him a tiny wave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farellen couldn't take his eyes off the brown but was forced to when he heard a young bronze voice... Damn that kid must have said something about the Gold and the other eggs/hatchlings, what an idiot..... He did give a sarcastically sympathetic look when the boy went past him, then gave him no other thought as he ogled that huge brown.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:40 am
Huarwar(Western)

Seeing one of the bronze's square up with one of the male candidates, not too far from where he and Aelyx were standing, Huarwar watched the interaction. He was certainly impressed by the bronze, wanting to stand up from himself, from what he could hear the candidate saying trying to soothe him. Wanting to take care of weaker siblings and protect him certainly made him remember all the times Henwas had protected him from their father.

The thought made him smile towards the bronze, even as he turned towards the rest issuing a challenge. "You are a strong bronze and it is very admirable to protect your siblings and your family." Even if he didn't think violence was the right way the bronze had only swiped at the boy and scared him, there was nothing fatal and he would just have a scar more then likely. He couldn't fault him for wanting to leave an impression either.

Uta

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:43 am
Well, maybe. “We could try.” He took her hand and started heading towards the brown. “We can tell him all about how he’s the biggest brown we’ve ever seen!” Biggest brown hatchling, anyway, Zeti was pretty big. “I hope he comes home with us,” he said. “Dad’ll never believe this!”

He hesitated, looking to the bronze. Well! A family man! “I guess it’s homorable for him to defend his family,” he said. As long as he didn’t come over trying to maul Kinye, Ionan didn’t really care. “C’mon,” he said. “We’ll tell the brown how great he is.”

He continued walking, returning Bekah’s wave.
“Demon_pachabel”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:44 am
Kambri (W)

With honey brown eyes focused on the Zig-zag Green Bronze as it began to strut around once more after having taking a piece from the candidate. Kambri kept his hand extended, but put his palm facing up and lowered it ever so slightly so that it would seem less imposing to any of the dragonets wandering about. He certainly didn't want a piece taken out of him either, but maybe this dragonet just needed a good cuddle? Kambri could happily provide that. It might be a good idea to calm the little one down too, just to be safe.

"Hello little bronze one." He called softly to the bronze in an attempt to gain it's attention. "Would you like a good cuddle or knob rub?" He asked.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:45 am
Rio

Rio watched with a touch of...longing?...as the girl the brown had been showing off to was allowed to pet him. Not for the brown, necessarily, just the getting to touch a baby a dragon. He curled and u curled hia fingers as he watched, but was not about to do anything other than be slightly envious. There were, after all, rules about approaching baby dragons, and he was not about to break them.

He soon had a distraction, though, when he vibrant bronze made his displeasure with that boy very, very clear. Rio flinched, although he could understand the sentiment.

((Foregoing quotes for this one because just standing there. orz))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:51 am

Oh. Oh heeeey. Heeeey! Who was that over there? Hey baby, don't you fret. Peach Polka Dot Brown is here for you! With a bugle, the large dragonet swaggered over to Rio. Pet me. It's okay. I'm here for you, babe. YEAH! Such a boss.

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:52 am
Dorianus(High Reaches)

With everything that was going on, he had a hard time keeping his attention on the new 'friends' he had around him. Three dragonets had impressed already, the green from before was still wondering around showing her dislike for many of the candidates. Two bronzes were on the sands and there was another blue out there now as well. Then there was the brown who seemed just...quite silly to him as well.

When the bronze launched himself at a male candidate, Dorianus raised an eyebrow, watching the bronze's actions. The tall man wasn't afraid of the dragonet, it seemed his anger was aimed only at that one boy as well. Hearing the challenge that went out when the dragonet had finished scaring the boy Dorianus' eyes narrowed some. "Tch...losing your temper like that...while it is for family..." He shook his head some. Expressions of full out emotional rage was not something he cared for.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:54 am
Kinyegele

Oh, careful, careful!! "Maybe! It's all up to him - but if he's at High Reaches maybe we'll get to see him more!" Kinye suggested as she tagged along with Ionan towards the large brown, stopping only when he suddenly moved from Jacquol over to Rio. She hopped awkwardly from foot to foot as she watched him ham it up, before looking back to Ionan.

Did they...

did they just ask?

Thaliawen

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:01 am

What was that? Silly? Bro, didn't think it was your show. Pretty sure it's mine. YEAH! His! PSHAW! Peach Polka Dot Brown didn't even have to move from Rio to swat Dorianus with his tail. Excuse.

Rude.

Now, where was he? Oh yeah. Cuddling right on up to Rio.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 am
[ soui - western ]

"There's blood on the sands." Soui's tone had changed from the wondrous curiosity of someone watching a hatching to that of a healer. All the other events she'd been watching were gone, her mind only focused on that of the young man down below, the dragonet moving away. The bronze had seemingly targeted him for a reason, she'd even felt the words inside her own mind, and it brought a frown to lips that had spent the entire time smiling. This would not do, and even though she longed to run out and help him, she would stay where she was. "Yudu, let me down. I need to be able to help if the others want me to."

There wasn't much she could do. Not an official candidate, merely an apprentice. Still, Soui could hold a bandage down on a wound if needs be, keeping soft pressure, or she could hold a hand while someone cried and panicked. The teen would make herself useful in this situation no matter how easy or bleak. She wanted to be useful, she needed to be useful, and there was nothing here to stop her. Except the fact she was high above the ground on a dragon and not down on the sands where she should have been this entire time.

Oops.

Hattaki
for yudu

----

There seemed to be a commotion coming from the sands, and Sahrawith raised her head from where she'd been sulking to look over. For a brief moment her eyes whirled yellow - was it concern or fear - before shifting back to the mellow and merry blue. Ignore what's going on. That group is fond of showing off. I don't really like their level of dramatics, if I'm being honest. Her mouth was re-opened as R'ose looked from the sands back to her, and he snorted at her attempt to get more to eat. Come on, I'm starving. Do you want me to die? The green nudged at his empty hands, almost cursing him for knowing good and well she was filled to capacity. Unfortunately her rider wasn't looking at her, not at that particular moment, and Sahrawith snorted her intense displeasure. What had his attention? Them.

Unacceptable.

Swinging her head towards the sands, the minty green sent out a thought she was sure to get their attention, for better or worse. Stop your showboating and whatever else it is! You're preventing me from eating and I'll never forgive you for it. Ever. Like, never ever. She paused in her thoughts as R'ose laughed at the exchange. Forever is a very long time okay. R'ose snorted again and his lifemate stopped her speech. Quit laughing and feed me.

"No food, just time for oiling, okay?" She got an affectionate pat rather than the meat, and Sahrawith decided she was going to maybe puke in his bed later that night. "And I'm R'ose, this is Sahrawith. We're moving on to oiling, don't let your chubby girl get any more chubby or you'll both regret it, according to Mr. Bronze over there."

The approach of the Weyrlingmaster (assistant) was almost entirely ignored, mostly because R'ose didn't really have time to keep repeating himself.

Uta
for bronze

Mx Cherie
for brown

Peppermint Coffee
for waffle and mamderg

demon_pachabel
because he mentioned you

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:07 am
Ezyzu - Western Candidate

Oh, what a happy coincidence! Perhaps she didn’t recognize him, but the nice mark was at least Ezyzu would possibly see him around the Weyr! “Perhaps we will! That’d be nice.” Having to not potentially ever see her new friend again was a weight off her shoulders, one she hadn’t even much glimpsed at, but still nice nonetheless!

The zig-zag green bronze’s words startled her, a hand covering her mouth out of shock at the swipe at the candidate -- but at least he got up, he wasn’t.. Well, he was okay enough to stand up, and people needed to learn lessons, even the hard way. She certainly had herself. But there was a swell of warmth for the bronze, sticking up for his siblings. Such a noble sweetheart, Ezy hoped he would find His soon.

Brown, right. She smiled as the big brown seemed quite content to go collect his adoring fans -- and worthy of them as well! There was an idle, flickering wonder at just how his hide might feel, likely as soft as it looked. “Quite a sight! He looks like the star of the show.”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:07 am
Rio

Oh! Oh! He was coming over here! Rio positively beamed - at the brown and at his companions - and was actually at a loss for words for half a moment because baby dragon. Very large baby dragon, but also very friendly and just generally wonderful. Feeling quite honored, he reached out to stroke the brown, grinning like a fool the entire time.

"Thank you for taking the time to come over," he said brightly, always thrilled for a new acquaintance of any kind, but this was particularly momentous. Oh, but wait, he was evidently a bit...less pleased with something Dorianus thought, and swiped at the taller boy with his tail. And since it was his tail, well, that was fine. No harm done! Rio looked to his fellow candidate with a raised eyebrow, but would ask him later. He was too preoccuppied with giving dragon cuddles! "We won't keep you too long, I'm sure there's no shortage of people wanting to meet you. But...thank you."

Not that he made any move to stop petting or otherwise encourage him to go. There also may have been...some sand in his eyes. Yes.  

Meepfur
Crew

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:08 am
Tarnaria was distracted for a moment from the hatchlings by Jacqoul, looking at her arm in surprise. A faint blush, unrelated to the heat, rose on her face, though if asked it was more likely due to somebody mostly unfamiliar touching her in such a familialy intimate way. The color then flushed right out of her face at the mention of a boy getting mauled at the last hatching the other girl had been at, Tarnaria's eyes going wide. "Is he okay?!" Now she knew why P'tius had gotten so far away! "This is making me wish I could wait by P'tius, he's got the right idea..."

Her gaze returned to the eggs, watching more hatch. Two of the Greens and a Blue Impressed, and she couldn't help the swell of adoration at seeing the new pairs. When the Brown hatched, she had to fight a giggle. He looked so... So full of himself! It was adorable! Her worries about maulings was forgotten, for the moment, chased away watching the baby dragon try to strut his stuff.

ShinosBee
@Jacqoul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:10 am
Jagmund

The redhead wasn't very interested in conversing with Mari, so he replied with little enthusiasm. "Mhm, I hope so. He would suit me." Even though he still had a bronze partner in his mind, the brown was amazing in his own way. The confidence, the way he played the crowd... it was both amusing, and a sign that he could grow up to be quite good at swaying opinions, which Jagmund also approved of. Yes, keep going!

"I don't think he'd suit YOU anymore than that bronze would," he finished, flashing a cocky grin.

Thaliawen
Marinel

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:12 am
“I think if we just ask him,” Ionan said. And maybe admire him. “My sister and I came to see you,” he told the brown, and smiled. “You’re the biggest brown ever, I think.” And it’d get even bigger. “You’re marvelous,” Maybe he’s let them pet him? Maybe?

“Do you think that bronze will be happier now?” He added, looking to his sister.

“demon_pachabel”

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games