Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spockat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:43 pm
Rahmsii - HR - [he/him]

The bounding brown impressed - and what a view of it he had from his spot on the sands. Nothing like his brown firelizard all flopping wings and biting his fingers out the egg, it never stopped to amaze him the wallop if personality and spirit fresh out of the shell!

Rahmsii stretched gently after a few moments, feeling the tug and ache of his injuries. The warmth of the sand making a dull throb of it every now and again. It wasn't too serious, he shook his head to distract himself. Soon enough he'd pack it with something cold and feel better - and that could wait dang it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:45 pm
Rykin

Both browns were fairly quick to choose their riders after that, one picking the first young man Rykin had seen line up for Christmas Tree. At least there was no resentment there, just more swirling eyes and two additional pairs moving off toward the feeding tables. He was feeling sort of stupid now, lined up for everyone in the stands to see, but he couldn't move away without making an even bigger spectacle of himself.

Smerdle

Scamp

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:50 pm
Haveli

Ah... Haveli wanted to reach out as she watched the other girl leave. It was weird to actually see candidates who wandered off and didn't stay to bother her so it left the woman with an actual sense of bewilderment. Had her bizarre and random inner thoughts somehow become outer ones?

And was it just her imagination or were the boys making out like bandits so far? Out of all who'd Impressed, only one had been to a girl, or that was what she'd seen. There may have been a few behind the scenes cracking out that she hadn't noticed, Impressing to candidates she would recall knowing later on.

Andranis
why u leave me..............jkjk! thanks for checking on her ;;

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:58 pm

The little Snowman Blue was still petrified. His bronze brother was due first dibs on all these dragons, his other brother had sauntered off and Impressed like a champion, and he was lying in the hot sands--unable to even move.

Who was going to want him?

His eyes looked over all the ones remaining. Some had reached out to him, offering him support, encouraged him, and though he was grateful he... He knew what he wanted. He saw what he wanted. He was looking at what he wanted. And yet, he had no idea how to approach or what to say.

He glanced back at Zenobiath and Aresoth, giving them one small creel, but he knew he was trapped. If he didn't make an offer, he would lose him, and then he would die. If he did make an offer, and was rejected, he would have no choice but to throw himself Between from shame. And yet... maybe, just maybe, the one he so loved might want him back too.

Did he even notice him?
Did he even care?

Or did he want to be in that line...waiting for someone better than him?

Slowly, softly, a feeling would creep through one of the men. Fear, terror, and....love. So much love. Adoration, affection, respect, and need. So much need. How clever Tandry was. How strong. How caring. How utterly perfect. And yet... TandryMine. Would you... ever want...a blue like me? Your Cordeth wants no other and yet... You might want someone stronger, someone shinier, someone... someone better. I... I just wanted you to know how much I loved you. In case... In case I must soon go... Even an ounce of hesitation or a shadow of doubt might well cast the blue Between.

He wanted him--but he struggled to know if Tandry might want him in return.

User Image

dawns_aura
On the slim chance Tandry does want to reject him or isn't game--let me know so I can. Uh. Deal with that. LOL

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:03 pm
Alumet and Gold Zenobiath

Look at this. Left and right, her children were Impressing, finding theirs, and her hearts went with them. At last, her small blue Snowman seemed to find his, and the tiny Blue would feel a rush of love. Now that he'd found His, her eyes turned to her Bronze son in amusement. He seemed to be having fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:11 pm
Ahula - HR Candidate - She/Her

There’s a sense of relief at seeing the little Snowman blue begin to move on his own. Working his way along the candidate line up that had moved for the bronze. Yet he found his, and though Ahula didn’t linger at their impression, looking away to flit at the hatchlings still around on the sands.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:14 pm
Candidate Nalacko - she/her

Another brown singled his rider from the line of boys. Nala was so happy when the sad blue was able to reach out to his rider. "I'm happy he Impressed," she murmured to those standing around her.

demon_pachabel
Juhvek

Tsunake
Oranie

Meepfur
Elibrie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:20 pm
J'er of blue Cyliodath

Cyliodath stretched his wings, flapping them gently. Whapping the brown beside him playfully on the nose. Oh look.. the frightened one found his. He had been watching the little blue with interest. Perhaps the solidarity of a blue hide, and being frightened out the shell. The were nearly shaking in their hide, the poor sweetling. I hope he finds confidence with His. I am so glad for the little sweet.  

Spockat

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:21 pm
Alosha and Niika - Bet Tracking

Goodness! It seemed like a whole lot of impressions were happening all at once! Niika looked on longingly, chin in her hand. There was no doubt that he would have no more time for her now that there was a fresh batch of Weyrlings to tend to.

Alosha, on the other hand, was frantically updating her notes. So much was happening and there was still so much to happen!

Faesinger:
Moirath bets that the third green to impress to a girl will not be the third green to impress.
Alosha bets the third green to impress to a girl will be the third green to hatch.

Magna:
The Ding Dong egg will hold a gold AND it will impress to Nala. - LOSS
Alosha is betting that Nalacko will impress one of the first 5 dragons to hatch. - LOSS

Tatter:
Z'haq bets that five dragons will be Impressed by Western Candidates,
2/5
Alosha has bet that the majority of Western Candidates to impress will be girls - more than half.
0/2

Z'haq There will be three bronzes shelled. -3/3 - Win
Alosha has bet that more than half of the metallics clutched will impress to High Reaches Candidates.
2/??

Feylin:
T'of is betting that the average age of the people who actually Impress dragons will be 20.
Alosha bets that the average age of female candidates that impress will be 18

Zaikt:
Kaiator bets that Candidate Haveli will Impress to a male dragon.
Alosha bets that Haveli impresses a dragon that is smaller than the average size listed on the size chart of the front page!

Symm:
1. Ruunan will Impress a green dragon.
Alosha has bet Ruunan will impress a dragon larger than the average size on the Size chart on the front page.
2. More Western candidates will Impress than HR.
2/??? Western
Alosha has bet at least 2/3rds of the Weyrlings will be High Reaches Candidates.
7/??? HR
1/??? Standidate - Not candidate, doesn't count!

Persi:
--Tuelarua bets that Rahmsii will impress in the first half of impressions. -- Loss (tentative, awaiting any secret babies)
Alosha bets that Rahmsii will impress a dragon who is in the first half of eggs that hatch. -- Loss (tentative)
--Tuelarua also bets that bronzes will go to more HR boys than Western ones.
2/????
Alosha bets that a metallic dragon will hatch from one of the first 4 eggs to hatch. - Win

Phil:
Soui is betting Dehka will Impress
Alosha bets that if Dehka does impress it is to a male dragon.

Hatching Order:
Starry Night (Brown), Holly (Blue), Lump of Coal (Bronze), Blue Ornament (Green), Snowman (Blue), Rudolph (brown), Ding Dong (Blue), Santa (Bronze), Caroling Note (Green), Elf Stocking (Green), Christmas Tree (Bronze), Snowflake (Green), Candy Cane (brown), String of Lights (Green), (Red and Green Present not properly hatched yet, Gingerbread)

Impression Order: Lump of Coal (Kaiator 23), Starry Night (Ilzerin 24), Holly (Aroontwa 1 cool , Ding Dong (Lauthisen 21), Blue Ornament (Fivudal 2 cool , Red and Green Paper (Verica 18(F)), Santa (Dorok, 17), Candy Cane (Fehral 21), Rudolph (Tonori, 24), Snowman (Tandry, 21)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:27 pm

Elf Stocking green had waited patiently for her turn. With so many Impressed, it seemed, perhaps, that it might be all right to look for her own true rider. However, it didn't seem as though the green had much question about who or what she wanted, as she made a beeline directly for Valeska. Eyes whirling a brilliant rainbow, the dragonet nuzzled against Valeska's hand. Excuse me, my Valeska. Do you mind if we go get something to eat? I am ever so hungry!

Her eyes whirled with those happy rainbows as she stared adoringly up at the girl. Your Trimestreth didn't want to get in the way, but it was a long time to wait. Even for me, she amended, peeking up to see if Valeska minded. The dragonet has slightly unfurled her wings so that they fell open as she conversed with her rider, and she cocked her head to one side hopefully.

User Image

Shikai-Chan

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:33 pm
R'ose

R'ose didn't even know half these people but was still pretty happy they Impressed. After all who didn't love a good hatching? The violence from the first bit seemed all but a distant memory now, the only reminder being the handful of candidates out on the sands with bloody robes. Man, he bet they downright reeked with the heat going to town on injuries and whatever medicines the healers had smeared on them.

Again, he'd be so thankful that all he got from his time with Sawi was a little but of a sunburn. Well a dragon too, but mostly the sunburn.

----

T'nus

So far so good. Nothing to think about, nothing to report, just kids being picked and no longer being candidates. He preferred that happened from Impression rather than the alternative and from the looks of how peaceful it seemed now maybe they'd get away with not having to tote or a corpse off the sands.

Then T'nus could kick back and celebrate with a drink or two. Or four, depending on the situation.

---

Soui

The little white rider was absolutely tickled pink to see all the dragonets hatching happily now and Impressing without any worries. She hoped she'd get a chance to meet all the future riders, though maybe there was one still out on the sands she had a bit more hope for than the others.

Not...that she'd say it out loud. What if she jinxed him, despite clearly not believing in things like curses and what have you. They simply didn't make any sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:41 pm
D'rok and Bronze Khazariath - Feeding Area

There were impressions abound and oddly...he didn't seem to have the attention span to look their way or even off towards the Stands to see if he could spot his father and see how he felt about it all. D'rok didn't even have it in him to speculate what the man could have been thinking about right then. Only Khazariath existed right then.

Though he at least got his head together enough to offer a wave farewell to Dehka who was off in the line. Perhaps the two would see each other later. But first.... "We cannot do as we must if all I feel is hunger," D'rok said, now more aware of that newborn hunger than almost anything else. Almost. There was absolute trust and need that outweighed it, and would become a constant for the young man for the rest of his life.

So it was off to the feeding table with the rest of his siblins, D'rok offering each man (and young woman) a nod of greeting as he took a spot near the middle of the table - somewhere not too showy, but he also was not going to climb over everybody else for the meat that His would need. I am sure nobody would make you climb Khazariath stated with certainty, but was all too grateful when he was offered a choice morsel of meat to chow down on. It was the best thing he'd ever tasted - and also the only thing.

Right then, however, there was only one other bronzerider at the table, and D'rok found himself peering over towards Kaiator and Argamath between slicing pieces of meat. Hmm.

-----

Kinyegele

So many dragons were impressing now - including that bronze she wished nothing but the best for, and the nervous little blue, and the cheerful little green...but there were still so many dragons to meet and she looked between them eagerly.

I hope you find yours without problem! Kinye cheered on mentally, delighted to see almost everybody was hatched. Soon! Soon they would meet them all!

------

Juhvek

"There he goes," Juhvek noted as well of the anxious little blue, hands on his hips. Good. Now there was just a healthy dose of greens. Oranie's trailing off caused him to look down towards her, brows raising, "They are, aren't they? Chin up," he added.

That she seemed a little out of her element wasn't missed. It was only her first hatching, and really had she seen much of dragons before that?

"Still plenty more dragons to meet now!"

Meepfur

Tsunake

Magnadearel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:47 pm
OPEN
Branwyn [HR] - 42 - she/her/hers - Rider of Green Delyth

The dead of night was definitely a trying time, but Branwyn had learnt to deal with it in the past. She wanted to be there for her son, as well as watch the new babies arrive. Of course, C’ryn was a capable, competent young man: he had proven that time and time again… but she was a proud mother, and proud mothers were meant to watch with a tear in their eye, even when all they wanted was to lie in a warm, comfortable bed, smushed up in pillows.

Hurry, we will miss it! Delyth spoke with excited urgency, humming. Branwyn scooped up Arwyn, bundling her up into a baby sling across her front, then hopped on her dragon. She knew she had to leave Arwyn at the creche, but… but that was hard too.

Congratulations to you both! Your babies are so precious! She cooed, humming as she settled on the ledges.

Branwyn stifled a yawn as she gently bounced Arwyn, watching the hatching unfold below. It was quite eventful, but these things had a way of sorting themselves out. And no death was a good thing indeed.

MaraRune
For Zeno. <3 I hope it’s okay I fuzzy-timed them arriving earlier. ^^;

BastetAmun
For Aresoth, C’ryn. Possible A’dras involvement? <3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:06 pm
Valeska with Green Trimestreth - heading over to feeding (feel free to interact)

Valeska was watching in wonder as candidate after candidate walked off with their bond. She was so happy for them and theirs. The next was a lovely blue that had found his as well. She would feel very bad about it later but she did not notice the Elf Stocking green waiting patiently in the sands. It wasn't until something nuzzled her hand that she jumped slightly and looked down at a green dragonet.

Excuse me, my Valeska. Do you mind if we go get something to eat? I am ever so hungry! She felt adoration flood through her body. Foolishly she didn't realize it was actually from the little green. Her first reaction was to wonder if the little one was lost. Perhaps she wanted help finding hers. She was fully ready to face her fears and help this little one find hers amongst the candidates until the dragonet spoke up again. Your Trimestreth didn't want to get in the way, but it was a long time to wait. Even for me.

It took several good long minutes for Valeska to process the words. Luckily Trimestreth was as patient as ever as her rainbow eyes watched the girl as she unfurled her wings. Her head cocked to one side as though wondering what was happening. "Oh," was all the girl said dumbly. "OH! Yes, my apologies Trimestreth! I... uh... yes... food? No, no you shouldn't need to wait at all. Oh, I should be better ... at this," she stammered terribly and nervously and frantically trying to remember that she was supposed to be doing now.

It was then it became very apparent how well the pair was matched. Trimestreth's pure calm adoration flooded into Valeska's mind and the girl stopped suddenly and took a long breath. She reached out and almost basically hugged the dragon. "Thank you I am better now." The green seemed immediately pleased at this and they finally started to make their way over the offerings. She walked besides hers happy to finally be rewarded with some food. The wait had been worth it for both of them.  

Shikai-Chan

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:13 pm
Tuelarua - HR Candidate, She/Her/Hers

More impressions, ones that Tuelarua had been following a bit more closely. Her gaze drew back to the little green from the Snowflake egg. The little darling had worked so hard to get free, she deserved a rest, certainly. Another sweetheart had impressed, and there’s a brief moment wondering how she might match that delicate, light shade of the little green. Maybe after everything had settled, she might approach the new weyrling to ask for a study. Maybe.

The numbweed helps her find a steadier footing, feeling the awkward pinchpull of a bandaged wound with none of the pain -- at least, not until later, certainly. Tuelarua eyed the last egg that hadn’t hatched yet, hoping that little Gingerbread would come join their siblings -- but sometimes the best things in life came when they were ready, did they not?  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff