Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:54 am
Migel

He nodded, looking back the many hatchlings swarming the sands. It was chaos, so many hatching and yet so few impressed, but there was little they could do about. At least the white survived.

"We're good." he said to Shahera, with a nod, when she came up beside them. "I believe Marinel is with Saimwen. He should keep him safe." he said when he saw her looking, guessing at who she was searching for. Their little party was only so large, after all. Speaking of.. His eyes shifted to the one next to her. "Serfie, I presume?" he said. He might not have been invited along last time, but he'd been ghosting around as he often did.

"Anyway, you." he said, looking back at Shahera. "Hurry up and impress already. I have a firelizard egg riding on this." he joked.

faesinger

Mx Cherie

Revel1984

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:55 am
L'ex groaned at the amount of blood shed on the hatching sand. "This hatching is an absolute bloody mess isn't it?" They said and stroked the flit to calm their nerves. "But that is six greens so far. So lets see if four more care to make an appearance."

demon_pachabel
Shalaera

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:55 am
~Phayton~

Phayton waved as Miach headed for the edge of the sands, holding her little white. The dragonet's words echoed in his mind: My brothers. Help them. He didn't know how to, though, without putting himself in danger, and he knew he would get in trouble -- or worse, maimed -- if he did interfere. And he didn't know what he could do even if he did intervene somehow. Torn mentally, he trotted back across the sands to where he'd left Jailla.

"See, I'm back," he said as he hugged her. "And I didn't get hurt, just a little bit of ichor on me." He hugged her again, tightly, not wanting to let go. She looked petrified and upset; he probably shouldn't have left like that, but the white dragonet needed help!

But so did the two bronzes, locked in combat and apparently fighting to the death. He cast his gaze in their direction. He wanted to help, but how?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:02 pm
Farensil, dismissed from the travelling white, stayed along only to keep the hide as closed as she could for his path, until she was at last dismissed and started to return to the sands. She stopped, as she realized the bronzes were closer than they had been, before, and stifled a whimper, having no desire to be caught in the growing tangle of dragonet youths.

And then it came, a call for salvation that Farensil was not stupid enough to ignore! The father of the lot... er, Blundarth, yes? had called with an invitation to safety, and Farensil gave a resolute nod, moving towards the great beast. She gave a gentle curtsy when she got close, but wasted no time skittering under his wing's shadow to watch the rest of the proceedings, noting that the Zombie she had touched earlier had released from its shell the cutest little green tumbleweed she ever had seen!

And then, all at once, Farensil felt... so alone again. So cold. Her mind drifted back in time with the ache, to the first time she had known such a feeling. It took an effort to remind herself that such a time was long, long since past, and she had more family now than she could count. Still shaking off the lonely feeling, she gave a smile at the banshee. ~They're here, little one, they're here! You must be calm and look for them. They are somewhere, they just must be found. if they are not close, perhaps just a little farther a walk.~

Mx Cherie

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:02 pm
"Heh...I guess not," Venn agreed, glancing at the blood-stained Sands. It was a wonder everyone had survived thus far. Deaths weren't unheard of during a Hatching but Venn had never witnessed one before and he hoped to never do so. Ballads and stories of touching Impressions were usually the songs sung, but perhaps there was a harper here today that would capitalistic on the insanity that was happening. And a white had hatched...that itself was something impressive.

The overwhelming sadness flooding from the Banshee made Venn glance his way again as the blue reached out to his father. He had touched the shell of that egg briefly before it had been so distressed it had to be taken away and he had felt the slight clinging of the small dragon within. Hopefully the blue would find the courage to leave his shell and venture onto the Sands to find his One, as well as the other greens that had toppled out of the egg. The two bronzes and the brown that had knocked him down were still going at it, although the brown looked to be warding off any other Candidates trying to break them apart. Good. Hopefully no more harm would come to the other young men and women Standing.

"Hopefully their hunger will override their desire to fight soon," he said as he watched the Sands and the action happening there, occasionally glancing back over at the eggs and the dragons that had yet to venture out.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:04 pm

A flare of irritation swept the concern away in an instant, and Cesare regarded Shahera coldly. "I would say that I am merely concerned for the fate of Pern if that is the best on offer." Whatever weakness had momentarily presented itself had submerged well beneath the surface once more. "As Migel said, we're fine. Not even touched." No dragonet would dare. Or so he hoped. "And you?" Serfie looked as though she'd seen better days, and Shahera was not quite so perfectly put together as usual.

faesinger
DruidTigeress
Revel1984

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:05 pm
Shaddaling

Smerdle

The Ghoul
The Ghoul looked up at Oerlen, swallowing the robe and licking her maw. Was that so? Was that how it worked? She seemed to consider his words for a moment, before spotting another nearby. Crooning appreciatively, the plump little green gave his leg a lick...and then a little chew... before turning to the other that was speaking.

Yevalee was interesting. She sniffed and could smell blood -- how delicious -- and moved over to butt her head at the others legs. There was a shoe, and the green moved to delicately begin to eat it. Now this was good, in a chewy sort of way. A lot more flavor than the robe. And yet... It wasn't what she wanted, not really. The slipper would never satisfy the cravings in her belly, or in her heart. She was hungry. Ravenous. She wanted food, and she wanted food now. It was more than just the shoe. She wanted.... She wanted HERS.

Looking up, the green suddenly saw Yevalee for more than just a tasty shoe.

In fact, looking up, this green saw much, much more in the Candidate. Reaching out, the Ghoul find the one that would be theirs for now and for always. Actually, Yevaleemine, it is you who has a Hatchling. Did you know you smell delicious? Now, you heard what the man said, didn't you? Your Gallath is starving! I want to eat as much as I like, and I want to eat right now! I'll eat Seirath's leftovers, too. Waste not want not, right? Her eyes whirled rainbow, and she nuzzled Yevalee once more.

Her hunger, of course, did not abate. In fact, it only got worse. Where before Gallath had been sharing the feeling with all the Candidates nearby, it now surrounded Yevalee solely like a heavy cloak.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:08 pm
~Ladellan~

Ok, at least the injured candidate was now being tended to. Looking around, Del noticed the crowd around the poor white, and caught the moment when he Impressed.

But the two bronzes were still thrashing about, each intent on taking down the other.

He considered trying to pull them apart, but had already seen what happened to those who had already tried. Besides, they'd all been warned not to...

But there was so much ichor...

Before he could consider the thought any further, Ladellan noticed a brown hatchling who seemed to be trying to keep everyone away from the quarreling pair. He'd already tried that himself, but it was still the best that he could now do. Therefore, after brushing the sand from the claw marks on his bleeding arm, he tore a strip of white from the hem of his white robe and tied it around the injury. Then, he shifted to stand between the candidates and the two bronzes once more.

Masterharper

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:10 pm
Faesinger

Marinel was staying by Saimwen's side, but he spotted Shahera. He'd let go of his friends, standing foot to foot as he looked around. It was a blood bath, and he still wasn't sure how Dolly was. "Shahera, over here," He waved at her. He wasn't...he hadn't been the most friendly towards her, but she had been Dolly's friend when he couldn't be there.

He dragged Saimwen a bit forward and met her. He wanted nothing more for the hatching to end so he could join Dolmar and help as much as he could--but there was another part of him wanted to stay. That part of him wanted to Impress, and not just to make his brother proud.

"Can we stand with you guys?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:14 pm
Shahera rolled her eyes, making sure Cesare could see if he were so inclined. “Pern will survive. People?” She spoke her head at herself. Really need to get a handle on that sarcasm. “Glad to see you are still you. Would be worried otherwise.”

Grinning at Migel, Shahera told him, “I’m trying.” With a grin. “They just don’t seem to want to.” The last was in a much more serious tone. She was worried, and not unwilling to let people know.

Looking down at her robe that has been splattered with blood and sand caked onto it, Shahera shrugged. “May have to burn this.” Her false cheer was back.

There was Marinel.

DruidTigeress

Mx Cherie

Thaliawen

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:26 pm
Nilah44

"Well of course I dont blame them for pre impression descrepencies but I do hope that once they bond to theirs they mellow out and become balanced. Especially for a dragon born unbalanced not knowing what feeling whole will be until it happens you know." It would be like never knowing your parents or where you came from sort of thing.

"Im confident should one of them choose me we would be able to work stuff out over time. For that matter thoigh both are so ragey it makes me wonder whats inside their riders if you feel me?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Alya

This was even worse, with the babies tearing at each other! The little white dragon was a broken, crumpled heap, and Alya stifled a sob. Why was this happening? This wasn't the adventure she thought she wanted, fleeing from her home and the prospect of an arranged marriage and children she didn't want.... Was this what it was supposed to be like? Terror, heart ache, pain...

Maybe she wasn't cut out for this, Alya realized, staring blankly at the sands even with her forehead still resting lightly on Lennik's back. Maybe she should go home.

It was the sudden, alien voice in her head that had her start, lifting her red-rimmed eyes to stare at the huge bronze who was now on the Sands... He'd protect them? "I don't think I understand dragons at all." She almost wailed.

--

Iathe

The girl nearly jumped a foot in the air when Roana's voice was in her ear, growling even as she stumbled back when tugged. "I couldn't just leave him there! One mauling is an accident, but this was deliberate!" Her eyes flashed, but before she could get too worked up, a roaring blue shot past knocked her flat on her face.

"Shards." She growled, pushing herself up and gingerly feeling her nose. Her own bruises were forgotten as she realized Roana had been slashed--shallowly, thank Farnath. "I'm sorry." She muttered, getting up with a wince and holding out a hand to help Roana up--only to freeze as the little white dragon was thoroughly mauled.

Iathe forgot to breathe, her eyes glued to the horribly wounded baby.... but then, Impression! Would the little white even survive? It was only then that she realized how many babies were strewn about now... and the sooner they got away from the brawling bronzes, the best.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:34 pm
Kieza

The girl was intrigued and excited when she saw yet another finally settle with their chosen. Did it mean that the dramatic turn of events was finally coming to an end? She doubted it. But... small miracles... little by little. There was still the matter of the warring ones, but even they too would find theirs hopefully.

When Blundarth sent out his call to Hatchling and Candidate alike, she was sorely tempted to obey, but instead she stayed where she was, not wanting to leave Silviu's side, to leave him vulnerable to the crazed hatchlings while he was emotional. She settled herself squarely where she was, deciding that it was better to get a few scars than leave a fellow Candidate alone during this battle of wills and mass. Her eyes flicked around her, watching all the dragonets still yet un-Impressed with a careful gaze, ready to pull the boy with her every which way if needed.

She wasn't crazy... right?

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 pm
Oh, sweet one. Blundarth crooned. The bronze stretched down, nuzzling the blue hatchling with his great nose. He wrapped the young dragon up in love and support. Of course I will help you. We'll find them together.

Turning his head Blundarth gave a quizzical whirr. Things looked very different down here. No wonder his little ones were having such trouble finding the ones meant for them. Had he once been this small? All the candidates were so tall. And they all looked the same from this angle! This wouldn't do at all. He looked back at Banshee and rumbled, resting his chin on the ground. I know how to find yours. Climb on little one. I will show you all of them. Then he could tell Blundarth which one he wanted and Blundarth could safely put him down next to them. Keeping him safe from harm.

Mx Cherie

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:47 pm

A huge sense of relief welled up inside the Banshee as his papa lowered his head and offered him a ride. Clambering gingerly onto the Bronze's head, the little Blue tried so hard not to hurt him. Daddy, where are they? the little round Blue asked, eyes whirling worried as he looked out among the Candidates. Where was his?

The_Muffin_Puppy

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games