Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:17 am
B'gian - High Reaches

Now her sister was really unhappy! The pudgy green crooned directly at her and took the meat that B’gian was feeding her and held it out for her from her jaws, eyes swirling, trying to make her calm again. It didn’t help R’ose was laughing at her, and she cut the human a quick glare, eyes shifting to an unhappy color before looking back at Sahrawith.

Sahrawith come! Take this meat. Eat. Let’s ignore them for now, dearest. You know how they are. They’ll calm down as soon as they impress, isn’t that right, B’gian?

B’gian paused and then nodded. As far as he knew, they were taught that hatchlings calmed down once they found their forever partner.

“I think you’re right, Molihuth..” It was a way to introduce his pudgy love. “I just started feeding her, I don’t think I’ve got too much to worry about! She’s just lovely as she is. She’s so cute. Look! She’s got little flowers on her..” He reached out to touch one of those lighter green markings, tracing it.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:20 am
“ChaosTheories”

Mari’s smile dropped. He frowned at Jagmund for a long moment. “Really,” he said, “you think you know everything that goes on in a dragon’s head?” He scowled, and then turned his focus to the hatchlings. “I don’t really care what color, I just hope I Impress. Then I can start making my brother proud again.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:22 am

Shifting from one foot to another, the Ducky Bronze watched the goings on with worried eyes. Pale Blue and White Patterned egg had hatched, at least. He was not feeling... quite the thing.

And where was his?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 am
Papys

"Maybe! It doesn't look like any of his siblings much mind if he absorbs some attention - it must be nice to be this popular! He likely won't be getting this much attention after he impresses." Not that he didn't deserve it! Simply that once he had his, every candidate wouldn't be longing to pet him in that way.

Though the kids in the creche would likely absolutely love him. So he'd still get some adoration, certainly!

Now, was it appropriate to go over for pets when the rules they'd been taught cleanly said 'Don't approach the baby dragons'? Well, it seemed like a few little candidates certainly thought so! Still, it seemed somewhat inappropriate.

But....

he also wanted to pet the brown.

-----

Kinyegele

Oh, Ionan had asked!

"Uh! Mr Brown! Can...can I pet you too?" she asked, voice cracking. Was this okay? He seemed nice! And she wanted to pet a baby dragon too!

Thaliawen

Mx Cherie

----

Juhvek

The nervous brown had his attention at least. Worried, perhaps? Nonsense. Was perhaps the boy that dragon desired wrapped up in the going ons with his brother at the moment?

We can't do anything for you if you stand there saying nothing, child.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:29 am
Jagmund

Jagmund laughed, but it was not an amused one this time. "Oh yeah, I remember you. Your brother Impressed that blue. What, are you afraid he's going to overshadow you? Well, I think it's too late."

Then he narrowed his eyes again. "A green would be good for you, or a blue. I may not know the thoughts of dragons, but I know any higher colour would never choose someone like you."

As far as Jagmund had seen, Marinel was an unremarkable guy clinging to the coattails of better people. Not that he could say his brother was better... but he had Impressed, so he was better than Mari, just for that. The way he said he wanted to make his brother proud seemed to prove that.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:34 am
The Green Zig-Zag Bronze continued to push and strut his way among the Candidates, pausing now and then to consider one of the males, before moving on. He heard his siblings entreating, bus disregarded them -- of course the girls would be all up in arms. Girls were always a bit ridiculous, as far as he was concerned, but they were his sisters...

Bah.

Something, though, did catch his attention and it did rather irritate him. His eyes flashed a bit red, and quite suddenly, the bronze sauntered back from where he had left. He pushed Marinel well out of the way and took a flying leap at Jagmund. The one he'd essentially walked away from with nary a second look. The one he'd always known to be HIS.

You've got to be KIDDING me! You shouldn't waste a second thought on my brother, when you were always meant for me. How insulting that you'd turn away from your Lishanth just because I thought to work the room. Please. You know the truth, Jagmundmine. Now, do you need me to beat this brat up? And with that, he turned to stare down Marinel, offering the boy a warning growl.

User Image

ChaosTheories

Marinel
I'm sorry. <3 He's just in the wrong place, having the wrong discussion, at the wrong time.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:52 am
Kambri (W)

While he wasn't taken up on his offer to give the dragonet some lovin, he didn't feel too bad about it since it appeared the little one had impressed with another. If they flying leap was any indication of their bonding. Kambri sat down in the sands in his white robes this his hand resting on his knee. This time his gaze shifted to the Ducky bronze who seemed to be sticking as far away from the candidates as possible. Would he welcome some love and attention.

Deciding it wouldn't hurt to try and encourage the bronze forward, he crawled a little further away from the candidates surrounding him and sat back down on the sand. His left hand patted at his lap but he kept his right slightly extended. "Do you want to cuddle little dear?" He asked softly. He was trying his best to be as least scary as possible. "If you want to try and get closer, I promise not to move." He offered, closing his eyes to further ensure that the dragonet didn't feel wary of him. Or at least tried to be less imposing.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:00 am
Zyanzi was so very late as he stumbled his way across the beach toward the throng of white-robed Candidates, his hands tugging at his long bangs in a nervous reaction. He found himself trying to quietly edge his path to the back of the group. His lateness wouldn't be noted, would it? Oh, what was he thinking! A swell of panic formed in the pit of his stomach. He was certain the Candidatemaster would notice him... or maybe he would get lucky? He hid his face in his hands for a moment, shaking his head.

Zyanzi let out a breath and calmed himself, rubbing his arms. Any near him might notice a soft scent of oil exuding from girl? Boy? Who was to say without being rude? As he calmed, his eyes began to take in his surroundings and they grew wide as he noted that dragonets were already on the sands. How late was he??  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:02 am
Bronze Yudueth

She had asked but he wasn’t about to let her down until that little bronze Impressed. Sure, he had torn up the chest of one candidate, but there was the possibility for more. So he waited patiently without response until the little thing threw itself at it’s intended before he lowered his head and subsequently Soui, to the ground.

“houllow”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:08 am
Elyk - High Reaches Candidate

"I'll cross my fingers and hold my breath on that. In any case, I'm sure it will be a one of a kind experience given the accounts I've heard from my brother and the riders who frequent my parents' smithing workshop." Elyk smiled wistfully at Midais' words. Things seemed to be happening very quickly around them now with some of the dragonets emerging from the eggs and flitting around to find a candidate who was rightfully theirs.

Like Midais beside him, Elyk too had worried a little over the fate of the ducky egg when it went rolling into the water. He would have raced forth to do something but it was probably a good thing that he didn't in the end since the gold that was its mother immediately brought the egg back to the sand with a swipe of her tail. Phew. That was a close one there. No more accidental or intentional straying from now on little one. Straying is bad. It is better to stick with familiarity. At least until you've come of age and are better able to explore on your own.

He smiled at the sight of the bronze dragonet that had emerged from the ducky egg. This one was different from the other bronze that was its brother. It was amazing, the stark differences in each dragonet's personalities despite being of the same colour.

Not knowing what he was supposed to do at this time, he simply stood still and watched the commotion that went on around him. "Looks like he's safe thank goodness for that." He pointed at the bronze dragonet as he spoke. "So... any idea what we are supposed to do then? Are we supposed to approach them or just try to will them over with our thoughts or...?" He probably should make it a point to ask his brother or Sa'do the next time he saw either of them. Drats...

stella cinere

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:11 am
————Jacquol————

Welp, there went that! She grinned after the brown as he roved on, flaunting himself hither and thither about the sands. That's right boy, get'm! She pushed herself back up to her feet and turned her smile on Kiri and Tarnaria. "See? Nothing to worry about. Until you've got something to worry about, at least. Thank goodness he's a charmer, not a harmer, right?" A brown that big could really pack a wallop she bet. And he really caught the eye! But there were others still about too, right? Ignore the bronzes...ah. Blue, green...and plenty of eggs. Would any more have that one's confidence?
Masterharper
@Kiri
Andranis
@Tarnaria

————Zelaya————

"Browns aren't usually so...robust, isn't that right?" Though Zelaya had no intention of impressing at this clutch, it didn't hurt to make observations. A brief opening in the crowd had afforded her quite the view of the flaunting thing, and he seemed massive. Nearly big enough to ride already! Well, maybe not. But compared to the lither siblings about, he seemed a giant. "Two bronzes isn't bad for a clutch...like this. Though the one seems rather...gentle." She'd spotted the one near the back, that seemed more wary and concerned. "At least he's not running roughshod over them." Though that sort of spirit might better serve the weyr. Hmm. She glanced briefly over her shoulder at her father's own bronze, considering the contrasts, and pros and cons of each sort. "A shame to lose the other one to Western though." The bronze would have been much more well thought of at High Reaches.
Mx Cherie
@Z'tir

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:13 am
The Blue & White Patterned Blue stood next to his brother, glancing around at the collection of Candidates. Well, that was quite a group, wasn't it. The blue dragon stepped away from the pieces of his shell, taking a few steps toward one group, before clearly shaking his head dismissively, and changing direction.

He only took a few steps though, pausing to look back at the Ducky Bronze, and give a formal little cheep. Shall we, brother mine? I suppose they have all waited long enough. It was an odious task, this Impression business, but it would need to get done.

Besides, it would be rude to keep Theirs waiting.

---

The Indigo & Yellow Egg had been rolling and wobbling and wiggling while its siblings hatched and Impressed. Out, out, out! Those near could hear scrabbling -- whoever was in it certainly was ready to hatch!

---

The Rabbit Egg began to twitch and stiff. In fact, with one big wobble, a thin crack appeared...but its contents color was not yet revealed.

---

The Light Purple Swirly Egg also began to wobble again, this time, perhaps, with a bit more fervor.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:15 am
Shaddaling
Aly'on

"If they are smart it will remain friend till the end of the hatching, after that I am not going to poke in there business."Aly'on hummed slightly. "If she is I hope she going to be on the larger size..." His brother was really large, and heavy...depending on the size of the dragon in question.

"But I don't think it will be a match...." His brother was too calm for that.

P'rell & Venaith - HR

Venaith let out a small huff of surprise, lost among the others as the 'gold' hatchling finally crashed onto the sands and revealed himself to in fact be a bronze. ~Don't be jealous.~

~Why would I be jealous mine? He is a handsome hatchling and will do his future weyr proud I am sure. ~ The large bronze thrummed louder as the sandy shore soon became a riot of activity as more hatchlings burst from their shells.

"I can't imagine even a small green would have trouble holding him. They can carry more than we expect I'd think. And well, look at me? I'm no match for your brother but Venaith is absolutely massive. I look like a child up on his back."

The hatching truely seemed to get underway at that point and P'rell found himself forgetting about the hot sun bearing down on him as he got swept up in the excitement of it all. The challenge from the un-bonded bronze was a surprise. "Oh! I wonder what he did to deserve that?" Would there be bloodshed? P'rell had heard stories of the Western clutch attended by High Reaches. "Is it me or are western candidates a little... undiciplined?" Not that he could tell which of the white robed kids belonged to which weyr. He didn't keep many acquaintances among their group despite his young age.

Zarike

Here in the thick of things it seemed there was almost too much going on to keep it all in track. The first green was still roaming about looking for hers (he watched his knees as she slunk past), a blue seemed to Impress, one of two gold? No, bronzes! issued a challenge to anyone willing to take up against him and his... and Zarike was not going to answer for that. Whatever the kid had said that offended him was up to him to resolve.

Zarike found himself focusing in on the brown that strutted towards them seeming to seek attention from any who would give it. Oh how he wanted to reach out and touch him as he passed! It was difficult not to when the brown encouraged others to do so but if he was uninterested in Zarike in particular... he didn't feel like losing fingers today.

He glanced back at the clutch where the second bronze seemed uneasy next to the recently hatched blue.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:19 am
Juhvek

Well, one bronze seemed to have found his - hadn't he passed the boy up earlier? Hmm, a strange tactic, but he could appreciate what a power move it had been. But it looked as though that Bronze was going to Western Weyr.

Not that the Weyr didn't deserve fine dragons, but they'd just gotten three Bronzes at their last hatching. Maybe that said something about their dragons and their candidates. Even if one of those had been of High Reaches.

But that left them at a fairly even split so far. Would it remain so?

More eggs were beginning to move. The blue who was in the company of the bronze seemed more than inclined to get them moving, however, and perhaps that too would be needed. Hmmmm.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:22 am
Vash - W

Okay, so maybe she'd been a few minutes late to the initial start of this Hatching. What, with it being a surprise and all, she'd had to scramble to get ready and rush out after other candidates doing a similar mad scramble. But even if there had been a bit of uncertainty, once dragonets had begun to appear on the Sands, it was that same magical feeling again. They were so breath-taking! And, well, a little terrifying when causing a ruckus. Which was why she'd managed to remain unnoticed, so far, standing off towards the back and well out of the way of flailing dragon limbs. And teeth.

Quote:
Anyone is free to snag Vash and say she was totally there the whole time with them >u>;;

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games