Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mystery Hatching] A Mysterious Kind of Folk Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:35 pm
Nonami - Western Weyr - Candidate - They/Them

Nonami frowned a touch. “N-no, you’re good.” Xanael was nice, and a healer. A dragon would want him, surely. On the otherhand, they themself still weren’t quite sure if their place was on these sands… But Xanael had a point. Their leg hurt something awfully, and getting it seen to would be the smart thing.Plus, two older candidates telling them to take care instead of just one was harder to squirm away from. “Okay, I-- I would like that. You should.. You should stay. What if yours hatches?” A serious question, though the pain in the young candidate’s leg had them slowly limp their way to the healers, to have their leg wound cared for.

Missing further impressions, missing more babies..
Perhaps this was what they ought to do.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:39 pm
Taibbi
The father's soft nuzzling thoughts reminded Taibbi of all the wonderful things she had heard and observed about dragons, and she did her best to reassure him with scattered thoughts that she would be all right.

"I was careless," she whispered, hoping he'd be able to hear her. "I didn't mean to upset anyone."

In truth, she wasn't one hundred percent sure what exactly she'd thought to upset the green who had struck her, but it must have been something, and she really did regret making the dragonet angry. Not just because she'd gotten hit and (who knew?) might lose her status as a candidate for her mistake, but because she hated the idea that she might have contributed to anyone's unhappiness.

"Thank you," she added extra softly.

houllow
Very belated, but I didn't want Teth to be ignored.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:44 pm

One moment she was praising a hero, and the next, she was pushed hard out of the way by one of her sisters. She creeled in surprise, collapsing into a heap as she lost her footing in the soft sands.

Oh dear, oh no! This was just... How could she. How could she do such a horrible thing? Upsetting her sister, when she had only meant to be do good!

The small green creeled with despair, even as she lay fallen in the sands. She was certain her leg was bruised, and she didn't dare to lift herself up. Oh, life was so hard... So terribly hard. And yet... Creeling with distress, she reached out to the one being who might be able to help her. The one being she needed, if only she might find them.

Nonami! Dearest, most wonderful, most adorable heart. You Negoncath has fallen. I am afraid I have done wrong, and I... I need you, oh precious one. You, who are my everything, you who are so great. I did not need the other one, for it is, and will always only be, You. Still, the green realized that they should at least make an attempt--her sister, as well as the fall, had surprised the infant more than anything.

Struggling once more to get up, the little one creel softly. I need you. Oh, how she wished to look into their eyes, and surround them with nothing but sweet affection and love.

User Image

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:45 pm
Rundanrul was quiet and still as the madness around him continued to ebb and flow. Someone had died from the sound of it though there were so many Candidates out here that had gotten hurt he wasn't completely sure who it was. He had more important things to tend to, anyway, like trying to lure one of the bronzes or browns that had hatched closer to him. Come on, he thought quietly. One of them was surely meant for him.

---

Kateleel had managed to avoid the claws and tails of the dragons around him, though the sands were bloody everywhere he looked. He tried to focus on the dragons rather than the carnage all around but it was hard. This had been a very...uh...spunky clutch thus far. Hopefully they'd continue to Impress quickly to get everyone settled.

---

Oh, fardles. Things had taken a sour turn pretty quickly. Fivudal spotted one of the candidates helping another in the direction of the healers so he quickly skirted around those still standing to get to them, ready to offer assistance.

"Here, let me help," he offered as he drew close enough for the two to hear him. "You stay on the sands," he added to the seemingly uninjured one, backing up what Nonami had said before he had approached.

"All right, like this, lean on me," he said as he slid his arm around Nonami, becoming a crutch for them to let Xanael return. "Thank you," he added, giving the Candidate a grateful look. So much had happened so quickly that it was a wonder only one body remained on the ground.

Prism Shine
Fivudal is ready to help you out! Sorry for the double quote, but HELLO BABY DRAGON! Fivudal doesn't realize Nonami is being called to XD

Hattaki
Back to the sands with ye!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:49 pm
Quote:
Ruunan [HR] - 16 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

He shook his head a little, sweaty, sand-strewn curls bouncing slightly. “Erm… I’ll… f-find him later.” He nodded, searching for his own inner willpower and strength. Yes. Rykin would be okay. He just had to be.

Matotoka’s clinical analysis left him reeling internally, though he nodded mutely. Now here was perfect rider material- cool, calm, composed. Between him and Karunia, they could probably lead a new generation of riders into Thread without any issues. Ruunan felt… even more helpless than usual, which was a feat.

“I… I know it’s silly… I used to S-stand with my sister… but she Impressed at High Reaches during that last big clutch…” Why was he stuttering? He had been trying so hard to stay calm and collected. Shells! “It seems… scarier without her.” And now he just sounded pathetic, really. He flushed a little, staring at the sands. “S-sorry. I’ll try harder. I promise.” He had to be brave. That was how a person Impressed, right?

He pulled himself up slightly taller, ignoring the pain racing up his leg as he put weight on his ankle. He wasn’t an impressive height, but that didn’t matter. The posture alone enabled him to pretend. Daydream-Ruunan was going to be tough and not cry! Not be afraid! And definitely not back away into a corner and hope no other dragon found himself annoying enough to hurt!

medigel
For Karunia.

demon_pachabel
For Matotoka.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:18 pm

I already have.

In a heartbeat, the Charcoal bronze suddenly picked up his pace and ran hard at a small group. Though he deftly avoided bowling over any Candidates scrambling out of his way, at the last minute he turned and pounced directly upon his chosen prey.

So Tostokki thought that a dragon wasn't strong or heavily muscled? Ha. He would prove this one so very wrong.

His pounce hit its mark true, for he was prepared for the man to try to dodge or steal himself. But no real harm was meant to be done, and the dragonet was in enough control to ensure that any harm that befell the body guard was minimal. A few bruises, some claw marks, it was nothing for a seasoned man like His. And rest assured, there was no doubting that this one was indeed HIS.

The bronze dragon's eyes whirled rainbow as he gazed into the eyes of His. You must have known that I was yours, just as I knew you were mine. Your Ussurianth is here, and it is you that I choose, this day, and all days to come. Love. Respect. Acceptance. Understanding. Appreciation. Though Ussurianth was a quiet creature, he would share his secrets with the only one who deserved to know them. And know them, Tostokki would. There would be no barriers between them; they were partners, lifemates, and they would change the world.

User Image

Sweet Symmetry

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:26 pm
Midais

This wasn’t the first time Midais had seen blood or an ugly wound, though for the most part he had been rather lucky not to end up on the side of the one being harmed. He knew what to do, or at least to keep calm enough but it wasn’t enough to keep the loss of blood from slowly draining what consciousness he had. Getting up wasn’t really an option, not without help however most were more concerned with seeing who impressed each of the dragonets.

A hand wrapped around his other arm guiding him to his feet, he said something that sounded reassuring but the ginger’s mind was too far away to put it together.

“Thank you.”

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:31 pm

There he was, the most handsome bronze in all of Pern... and he hardly knew she existed. It was a bit tough to be a queen right now. But Green Olive had a most important job to do. A job that called for none other than...

Sorsha! Where are you hiding yourself? Do come out so that your Leoth can join everyone at the feeding table! We have so much to discuss! Not the least of which being the woes she was currently having over a certain unobtainable male. As though she were old enough for such feelings!

Stalking through the crowd, at last she found what she'd been looking for. Oh there you are! Come along now, we mustn't keep everyone waiting! That would hardly be proper, and she certainly knew a queen's place - at the head of the table.

User Image

tatterpixie

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:33 pm
Xanael

Too much happened too quickly all around him for the man to do much more than watch, but a feeling of warmth spread through him all the same seeing an Impression so up close and personal. Xanael had been about to tell Nonami that he was going with them, had been about to let the healer, Fivudal, know that it was okay. But instead a baby dragon stalled everything in the best way possible and his roguish grin was threatening to run straight off his face.

"How's that for lucky, eh? Looks like of the two of us you're the luckiest. Now go heal up before your sweet baby gets distressed with your wounds." Xan offered in a soft voice, still awe stricken.

Prism Shine

SilverLutz
WHOOPS XD!! So fast!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:55 pm
Nonami - Impression Post

The sight of the healer was a bit of a welcome one, for while they could still put some weight on their foot, it wasn’t exactly a healthy walking stride. There’s an arm around them, and Nonami leans slightly per his instructions, and oh, that certainly was much better. Irony being it had to be their bad leg from when they tumbled down the stairs, but at least with the pressure off, they can hope to get it taken care of to.. To…

A touch, a voice of a dragon they had never felt before, calling… their name? Their gaze was far away, hearing the sweetest voice call to them, need them -- needed them--

“She needs me,” It was more a gasp, a cry for one who needed them as they’d never been needed before. They turned in Fivudel’s grasp, worming away from the healer’s grasp to stumble and stagger (with no help thanks to an injured leg) past Xanael and other candidates until they see her.

She was still in a heap, struggling to get up in the sands beneath her, but Nonami only had to see the soft, pale colors of her hide to know that was their Negoncath. Those eyes, a slow-whirling rainbow tinged a worried yellow, were like nothing Nonami had ever imagined, and their heart was suddenly full. Where doubts had sunk in like tunnelsnake fangs were suddenly released. The doubts that had hung over their head since half a turn ago, if they were truly what would make a good rider and partner to a dragon, if they were making such a mistake.. Their heart was free from these nibbling anxieties. Instead, there was only love. Love of a little green who poured both of her hearts across their tender new bond.

As Nonami stepped forward, mind too preoccupied by the flood of warmth and adoration to notice the pain of their leg much, Negoncath creeled softly once more.

I need you.

“And you have me.” Perhaps the heat of the sands was getting to them, for suddenly the little green’s hide was beginning to blur a touch -- no, those were just tears, to be scuffed away with the back of their hand. “As I have you.”

Always. Finally, Nonami was able to reach her side, hands reaching out confidently to stroke her cheeks. Negoncath pressed into their palms, and the candidate -- no, weyrling! -- laughed, gently moving to help their dearest, sweetest, perfect dragon to stand before making their (slow, careful) way off the sands. Taking care of Negoncath was first priority… and then an apology to Fivudal and proper attention to their leg.

SilverLutz
Sorry, sorry! Apology owed later ;w;

Hattaki

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:03 am
Nemo and Jacomus

There were some more injuries, but so far Jacqoul had avoided it, along with the girl who'd been sticking close. Still, Jacomus let out worried sounds, watching the babies, relaxing slightly as each one Impressed. "You know, I'm suddenly glad P'tius isn't here..."

Watching as more greens Impressed, Nemo only hummed. After a moment, he suddenly whispered, "That was the kid who made the best bread..." With how much he wandered to the kitchens, of course he knew their face, it was just a matter of placing them. "I'm very glad now that Pontos is already a rider and Peku is a long way away."

Mr Cheri

N'man of blue Fantoth

N'man let out an amused sound as he worked, getting the numbweed out to help stop the pain. "Distracting patients from what's going on, such a good girl.."

Do I do good distracting?

A little too good, sometimes, Fantoth... He shook his head, glancing in his dragon's general direction with a smile. Shards but he did love Fantoth. Age hadn't stopped him from sneaking up on anybody he could, sometimes pulling tails and flying off. It was rather amusing to watch. "Hold still now, lad, focus on Plague, gotta stitch ya up."

Plague looked over at N'man, eyes flashing yellow for a moment, before she turned her gaze back to Papys. The faceted little eyes changed to blues and greens, chirrups coming from the tiny dragon-cousin as she started grooming his face. He had to be presentable for His, if they were here!

"Well I suppose that's a good distraction..."

demon_pachabel

Tarnaria

As they avoided another potential injury, Tarnaria could only shrug. "Golds are nice, but like I said - I look at the color when making bread." She watched in mild alarm at the babies that were still tearing through the candidates. "A quick little green or blue, though?" Granted at High Reaches, blues and greens were seen as little more than Thread-fodder. They seemed to exist, to some at the Weyr, purely to take the brunt of Threadscore and potential death so that the browns and bronzes could survive. "I think it's the same reason I'm not sure how I'd feel if I Impressed a white or even a brown... It's a lot more attention than I'm used to, you know...?" Perhaps that was it. Impressing a gold, at High Reaches, came with a lot more than Impressing a blue or green would. Even a brown would get her more attention than she would ever be used to, and Tarnaria would rather get attention for her own merrits, not what dragon she'd Impressed.

The worry about golds became unfounded as not just one but both found Theirs. "Ah, good on them!" She smiled, happy to see the little gold twins with the one they were destined for.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:10 am
Nikal - IMPRESSION

Things were smoothing out. He should have been happy: that meant no extra hiccups, less time to perpetuate drama, and a faster hustle to the feast table, where he could procure some alcohol and drink the rest of the soon to come day away. But there was just one more thing heading to the trio of men—two more things, in fact—and Nikal braced himself. He could picture it: the two sisters would peel to Aerden and Allamor on either side of him, an extra ******** you sandwich for him to nibble on until the food came. But he tried not to feed the imaginary circumstance, because the last thing he needed to do was upset another baby and get dragged off by A’ral or Danzik, assuming he didn’t die for it first.

Faranth, he was bad. At the healing arts, at the minutiae of trading, and even at the incredibly complex art of standing there and not thinking shitty thoughts around newborns. He forced himself to stop the thought cycle and took a deep breath. The pair would come, sniff at either of the other two, maybe take their pick, and move along. Easy. Not even Veikel could ******** that up.

< My Nikal, don't think for a moment that I'd give your brother a second glance. He might be a healer, but it is you that I want. >

Nikal froze for the second time that early morning. The only movement came from the track of his eyes as he watched one of the greens pace closer.

He remembered this green alright: she had come bursting forth from the egg roaring in defense of Brown P—Zhaoruith—her thoughts slowly percolated into his—she had risen to the cry for help and made an impression even before this one on the candidates gathered. The green that dared strike a gold. Multiple times, even. Who had stood up against the wrongful use of command, even if it created enemies. She had suffered wounds for it—and Nikal watched as she seemed to straighten at his notice of them, an aura of pride radiating from her small body—but it wasn’t just ichor that splashed her hide. There was also plenty of candidate blood to boot, it and the ichor mixing with a thin layer of sand that coated her claws and maw especially.

He saw the stream of memories as if they were his own: the dim impressions of unworthy hands in the egg, the stalwart and barely restrained way she held herself as her snout practically touched her golden sister’s, the vengeful thoughts she both nursed and expelled in a righteous fury at dragons and humans alike. Nikal was strangely both the green and distantly himself as they shared what had happened, both raging with no longer impotent rage and also impressed at how easily she had pounced and dug into an unsuspecting boy. And then there had been another boy (girl?), and he or she...

It was the green’s turn to grow still. A drop of yellow bled persistently through the rainbows of her eyes. They stood apart like two statues, both tense and unaware of the world around them for an infinite moment.

< Your Tecuanith has fought hard for the honor of being yours, > she said. The green remembered how Blue and Black Rosette had castigated her, how she had run the risk of ruining things for the ones she loved most to be vindicated. But Tecuanith hadn’t meant for it to get as bad as that. She had been angry and pushed and ordered away, and the candidate had tried to tell her to relax as if it had all been a petulant fight. Like her brother had so stupidly believed.

She had only wanted to stop her golden sisters from abusing their status. She had only wanted to be free, to be respected and loved and listened to even if she didn’t shine...She had only wanted things to be fair. But even if her most beloved sisters forgave her for her fatal mistake, would the weyr? Her mother? Her father? Teth had been beside himself with grief and ready to leave, and though he stayed and said it was okay, she remembered everything. But then, none of that compared to the most important question of all, the one she had fought hardest for and that threatened to break her:

< Will you be Mine? >

Tecuanith was not a green that naturally sagged with doubt, but it had been a long, long morning, and she was hurt, and hungry, and shaken. The reality of her actions had dawned on her like the sun soon would, but she would not bow her head to anything. Not unless—

Time seemed to warp further. Nikal didn't remember when his knees hit the sand, or when he had thought exactly to take her head into his hands, brushed some of the fresh wounds on her cheek and feeling an echo of a sting on his own.

He answered fierceness with fierceness: I would never leave you. She had fought with the ferocity of a feline and was barely out of the shell. What had he done but mope about and snark like a child for turns and turns? There wasn’t any honor in being His. Quite the opposite. That this most daring queen in green hide had chosen him when she could have bestowed that illustriousness upon anyone...He thought he was a broken man, or rather one that had broken himself and grown jagged and unwanted. But then, so had she.

And he was furious on her behalf.

He dragged the memories of the ones Tecuanith had hurt and had hurt her out, marching them out one by one to be struck down with his own righteous indignation like they were charged with treason. You think I care about what happened? Nikal asked, his chest tight with sudden emotion. She had lashed out without thinking. Shards, but he knew how that went. You think I care that you got angry about those idiots? You think for even a second that I wouldn’t stand up to whoever else thinks you’re not worth their time? That I wouldn’t beat the piss and s**t out‘ve them if they so much as looked at you wrong?

His fingers trembled, and he hated how they betrayed him. He hated his weakness almost as much as he loved her, and his hate only seemed to fuel that love even more. Nikal had so much practice bottling his emotions that he had absolutely none in dealing with them. Now it was a Molotov cocktail that burst inside at Tecuanith’s presence, and he burned willingly in a way he had never honestly believed was possible for someone like him. They said a lot of things about the bond between rider and dragon. He hadn’t exactly given it credence until now, because people also said all sort of gooey and stupid s**t all the time.

He was such an idiot.

Tecuanith might have preened ever so slightly at the influx of adoration, her worries cleansed in the fire and seemingly refreshed by his professions. He was perfect. Against all odds in this miserably insufficient dreck, he was Hers. < You will save some for me if and when that happens, > she said with a toothy smirk. It stretched the wounds Leoth gave her; she hoped they would stay visible against her mostly dark hide.

The green pulled away from his grasp, standing straighter despite the tiredness waiting at the fringes. < Now get up. We need to go sit with Zhaoruith and Hers. And we’ll need to save a spot for Yaguareth as well. > And maybe wash some of this off...No. She would keep the blood and ichor on until her hide begged to be scrubbed, a testament to what had happened to those that crossed her—and a warning to any others that considered testing her again.

Nikal stumbled to his feet, blinking as if waking from a dream. Only there she was, a little blood and ichor painted warrior-goddess at his side, padding alongside him with her head held high, her eyes tinged red despite the absolute thrum of contentment. The least he could do after being a complete and total dumbass was copy her stately stature as they made their way to the rest of the weyrlings.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:47 am
Astriana (Western Candidate, Her)

Astriana noticed blue cloud green continuing to size up the candidates, still not finding her's clearly. Hopefully she would, she really wanted all the babies to be able to impress. She also noticed Teth seemed to be upset, she hoped he would be alright. Her attention turned to blue and purple paint, who seemed to be upset, which made her feel bad for her. She did hope the other green would be able to make her sister feel better. Sure, she had attacked her sisters and some of the candidates, but sometimes anger did not always go well with logic. After all, she had lost her temper over stupid things and lashed out, her eyes looking briefly at Marinel at this.

She didn't have much time to dwell on this, as it seemed Bone green snapped at her father. Sure, he was stressing, but maybe she reasoned it was because he was still young himself and he just wanted the best. She did admire how the little green seemed to work on getting some order into all the stuff around them. She briefly wondered if she was her's, but remembered the reaction from her egg, she knew she was not. She made sure to stay out of her way though, having no intentions on being on the receiving end of the anger. Shining Star hatched into another blue, right under his blue brother. It seemed the golds were busy checking on everyone, which was an admirable quality. Mint Chocolate chip revealed a green, thanks to Funfetti seeming to be conversing with her.

"Don't worry, I will only protect if I need to. I will be fine, if it happens,"she assured him, before backing up a little, just to make him feel a little better. She wondered what her twin would say to this, he probably wouldn't be surprised at all, honestly. She would take any hits, if it meant those three with her were safe and sound. It seemed like she didn't have to worry though, as a string of impressions seemed to be set off by Funfetti finding his by flopping on a boy's feet. One, she was sure had had a little snafu at the touching, if she remembered right. Following that impression was one of the golds, the calmer one bonding to one of her fellow girls. Charcoal egg decided to emerge from his shell, a bronze, meaning one not for her. Bone green seemed to be not finding her's, could her's be in the stands, Astri wondered. Daisy seemed to still be looking too and the remaining gold seemed to have..a crush. Her eyes held a smile as just as she had been thinking of Daisy, the green found her's too. She had figured she hadn't been her, so she was glad she found her one.

Well, an egg that had not been seen before was revealed and out came another green. She shook her head softly as her and mint chocolate chip green ran into some of the candidates, but seemed this time was in play. She admired blue and black's fierceness, but seemed she had a gentle side too. She knew whoever got her would be lucky, figuring a beauty like that couldn't be her's. Mystery egg and mint chocolate chip greens didn't seem in a hurry to impress, hopefully soon. Eggshell seemed to move, but still no dragon emerging from it yet. On the other hand, Night Sky egg spit out a brown, seemed quite literally as he tumbled out. Ace Flag egg brown found his rider from one of the boys. And as upset as Bone was, she seemed to find her match..in Huarwar. A nod of satisfaction came from the blonde, knowing this was a much better turn of events for him than the last Western hatching.

As someone came over, she recognized her as Keleres, though she hadn't talked to her before. She gave a soft incline of her own head, seeing the other seemed trouble. No, she couldn't turn someone away like that, plus it seemed Marinel knew her. She caught him greeting her, as she noticed shining star blue pick from the stands, like one of his sisters had. As Marinel spoke about them getting dragons, she tried to hide her worry about if she would. She didn't have time to worry about it, as purple and white swirl softly hatched and the night sky brown seemed to parade around. She was actually surprised when he came over to their little group, seeming to want compliments. Had he been human, she might not have been so willing, but a dragon was another matter, especially a baby dragon that didn't know any better. It was a little showy, but she couldn't deny he was handsome, could she?

Of course you are a handsome boy and your bonded will tell you even better than I can. You should find them,she thought to him calmly. After all, his soulmate would know exactly the words to tell him. Her ice blue eyes flipped between the brown near their group and seeing Teth seeming to leave. It seemed the gay flag egg didn't like that and called out, which seemed to get the brown father to stay for now. Good, he should stay to watch the rest of his babies find their's, it was the right thing to do. She was glad when she heard Kel seem to echo her thoughts to the brown. And if Stormy thought no one would notice her tears, she was mistaken, as she wordlessly patted her shoulder. She didn't say anything, hoping her action would speak for her. Her attention returned to the eggs and babies, just in time to see the gay flag blue find his perfect match. Soon after the green in purple and white swirl let out a cry of help. Before she even could go help, others had it under control.

The impressions continued, Astri noticed, as Blue and Purple paint green was calmed and found her match in a male candidate. So did blue cloud green, which was interestingly the candidate who had helped the tangled green. Who went on to impress someone she knew by name, Nonami, the sibling of her friend. Then Charcoal bronze went on to find his own too, things were running smoothly now. Right after that, the other gold impressed as well. She had told her love golds were not for her, even as he had spoken about it to her. She felt more suited to a fighting dragon, one that she could battle Thread with. Though, with people impressing and the number of babies dwindling, she started to feel that worry gnawing on her again. Would she be left on the sands again, just like she had been several times? Was she meant to be a rider, she felt that sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. She told herself, focus on those around her, surely one of them would impress. She had time, though she still felt that worry in her gut, even if her face did not betray her thoughts. She tried to keep them under wraps though, watching the babies.

Thaliawen
Marinel and mention of R'elien

medigel
Stormy and for mention of her uncle, who she sent her flits to

dawns_aura
Velara

Sweet Symmetry
For Kel

Uta
for Night Sky brown

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:10 am
FISHER

Maybe she really did need to become a fortune teller, as Fisher smirked to herself at the Impression of the last gold. It was to yet another stunning young woman who only seemed to grow more beautiful now that the dragon was with her. If ever she was the type to feel vain or insecure about her looks, this was the moment as a hand reached up to trace deep scars, wiggle a nose that had been broken so badly it never set properly. Not to mention the whole missing tooth thing, on top of being built like a battering ram. Sure, Fisher would never be beautiful, shards she could not even remotely be considered pretty, but maybe for the briefest of flickers somewhere she might have wished she was.

That faded ridiculously quick, because being pretty or beautiful didn't haul ropes on a boat, or win tavern brawls. It didn't flex muscles, or lift candidates up out of the sands when they got knocked down. It also didn't attract handsome bronzes (no that was because she was a girl, Fisher knew), and so she yawned away those dreary thoughts. Lots of Impressions were happening, like the kid she'd seen earlier. A green, no - two green Impressions? It also looked like whatever weird and pointless drama that was going on with the sire stopped too.

So how many dragons were left?  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:40 am
Xanael

Taking a deep breath, having watched not just Nonami and their dragon leave the sands, but quite a few other pairs wander off, besotted with one another, Xan steeled himself for what was going to come. There were still quite a few eggs out on the sands and that meant quite a few violent or shy babies, there was lots of waiting to be done and lots of moving that would also need to happen.

All by himself again, that was okay, as his twin had been the one that decided to all but abandon him on these sands by taking back up his Healers duties and stepping out of his Candidacy. It was only through some luck of their brother, apparently, that he'd even come to stay at Western Weyr. But he himself still had quite a few turns left as a Candidate, sneaking in some dragonhealing lessons on his free days and when he should have been eating meals.

His feet started to move again, shifting on the sands as he watched some of the remaining babies moving among the candidates. In a few hours he'd go and find Ezyzu and sweep her off her wounded leg and her feet, take her off to see her little sibling's dragon so that she didn't have to walk. He still worried. But for now, he focused.

(Last post for me cuz I'm gonna be working doubles for 2+ days with limited to no internet access. Have fun with the rest of the Hatching EoPeeps! Congrats to all those that have Impressed so far!)  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games