Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:28 pm
[ka'ia & bronze argamath - he/him - HR]

Another Bronze was on the way! Argamath was certainly glad to see him Impress, and was even more pleased when Khazariath came so close by. Why was he so far down the table, though? Had His decided they weren't worthy of their presence? Surely not. With a gentle wave of pride for both Khazariath and his rider, Argamath reached out, giving a quiet hum of satisfaction at seeing his brother here.
Khazariath, my most noble compatriot! I'm delighted to see you've found Yours. I'm sure he's a wonderful young lad. With a lazy flick of his long tail, Argamath briefly looks D'rok over, finally giving a short nod of approval. If Khazariath had seen fit to choose him, he didn't doubt he'd earned the privilege. He had excellent taste, after all. Do you mind if we join you? Being in such pleasant company as yours would be wonderful, and I'd love to meet Yours as well.

Kaiato--no, Ka'ia, as he paused to correct himself, didn't remember much of how D'rok was as a person, but...well, that didn't seem to bother Argamath at all, so perhaps he shouldn't worry. Briefly pausing in his feeding routine, he gave D'rok a quick little wave and a warm smile, still trying to wrack his brain for any chance of getting a bead on this guy before Argamath went and dragged him over here.

demon_pachabel
helo d'rok

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:41 pm
D'rok and Bronze Khazariath

Unlike His who would have had to pause mid bite to talk out of necessity of how the throat worked, Khazariath did only out of respect of his brother, looking towards Argamath as D'rok looked on his rider. Khazariath was fully aware of what kind of bronze his brother was, though he had no mind to be offensive or burn any bridges over it, nor was there harsh judgement for it. Argamath, he is.... the pause for the bronze to look up at His was only a moment, as if begging a quiet exchange with the young man who similarly looked down to meet his entreating gaze, many things. I would be remiss to not properly see yours - you'd all but spirited him away by the time I was ready, and left quite the mess of it with Maestroth, but that was better left unnoted to any but himself and His. Something to prepare to potentially see recur in training.

The much smaller bronze shifted his position to keep from blocking the seat next to D'rok, who returned Ka'ia's wave. He seemed...hmmm. D'rok chopped another piece of meat to offer it to Khazariath as he mulled it over.

Zaikt

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:32 pm
[ka'ia & bronze argamath - he/him - HR]

Argamath almost bugled with delight when Khazariath gave him the all-clear, but instead chose to keep his decorum for just a touch longer. He had an image to uphold, didn't he? With one final morsel of meat snapped up in his jaws, he rose to his feet, gently nudging Ka'ia in the process. He didn't have to be asked to get up as well--he already knew what Argamath was planning, and had decided he'd go right along for the ride. How could he deny his Bronze?

Oh, I'd be more than happy to show Mine off. Now that he's got his attention on the right dragon, anyway.
"I touched him for--like, maybe five seconds!" Ka'ia interjected, with only a touch of exasperation. "And you were busy."
A Bronze's work is never done, is it?
"That's...kind of vague, but I suppose not?" He'd figure it out soon enough, though he couldn't help but huff a little anyway. Ka'ia took the seat next to D'rok with only a moment's pause, and Argamath practically curled around him, positively glowing with pride. Turning to his fellow weyrling, he placed his own feeding bucket in front of himself, already working on picking out another piece for Argamath. "Is it too early to say 'good morning,' or should I stick to 'good evening' instead? Couldn't tell you what time it is now, even if I tried."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:34 am
Miela

It was finally then, when a fool who had just impressed to one of the best creatures on Pern, who was supposed to be looking after that dragon, who was instead focusing on her, just wouldn't listen to her as no one else this day had listened to her that Miela felt a sob pull roughly against the stitches now covering her chest and tears started to run down one side of her face only. There was nothing left to make tears on the right side and he was seeing to the ruin that had once been an eye so carefully that she almost tried to hold it in just a little while longer for him. It didn't matter though. He was wrapping bandages around her head and was done with her.

The reality had settled in and Miela was simply finished. Frustration came off of her, and emotions that she wanted to feel were staunched down within her, she would feel all that rage and hatred and self loathing later, for now it was just frustration and to her horror, a healthy dollop of guilt. That little monster had come for her and wounded all those around her because just like the healer, just like the ones trying to grab her as she forced herself to cry silently and with no emotion, lest she force a baby between with her frustration and sadness, lest she become the monster that blue had been, like all blues were.

With hands on her, ripping her to a standing position and then off the sands, with others snarling at her to listen to them as they weren't listening to her, she just allowed it to happen. Adults knew best right? She was just a dim glow idiot that had insulted a monster and had paid the price, they all looked at her with the same mocking face. Miela closed her eye to it all and waited for all the manhandling and smug "she got what she deserved"'s to end.

That green had tried to be sweet at least...

SilverLutz

---

Verica & Blue Kourith

Our dear brother wasted entirely too much time and effort on something foolhardy. Such a wonder he's not eating the weight of all us hatchlings for such a ridiculous battle. Kourith commented when he saw the two bronzes together, such opposites and yet... Well they had certainly both taken their time and dallied. He would have to see what that meant for their future escapades and how they fared against those that worked hard and did things with precision. Of course he was sticking his nose into the business of bronzes, but they were dragons too even if of different hide. They could do things just as inefficiently as any other.

Verica, who the blue had been speaking to when he'd suddenly decided to project it towards, well everyone, looked up in something like mock horror. She wasn't the least bit fussed by him talking to others that way and she was of a similar vein about their color. Where she had been chopping meat for him, listening to his insistence that she had originally been 'doing it incorrectly for Faranth's sake' and best adjust herself, that had been when he'd begun to comment on all his siblings. Oh how she wished he could take that back, but he wouldn't so Veri did the best that she could and offered her most effective charming smile to the two men sitting not far off.

"He's... hungryyyyyyyy." I'll have you know, and you already do, that hunger does little to affect my mood. It's dawdling and you cutting the meat incorrectly! Her smile widened and became just a bit more anxious. "Well this gets us off to an interesting start! What a segue into a conversation we had nothing to do with until just now." She punctuated each word in 'nothing to do with' by elbowing Kourith's headknobs lightly.

"But that's no shame other than ours, it's a pleasure to meet you two! Name's Verica." She'd have offered to shake if her hands weren't covered in blood from cutting meat as theirs were, instead she flashed a sincere smile for the first time and inclined her head just a tiny bit. She knew nothing about them but certainly didn't see herself below them even if she was only one of two girls currently sitting at the table. Veri had a distinct feeling she'd have to get used to the difference in balance there. Kourith snorted and just continued to eat, his peace spoken.

Zaikt
Whoops, little blue just gonna stick his nose straight in it.

demon_pachabel
Sorry for the intrusion!

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:08 am

Tonori and brown Chluaith (High Reaches) - he/him

Although Tonori tried not to have too many expectations about anything going through life, other than that things would probably continue to happen in whatever passed for the usual way, if someone had asked him what his expectations for this hatching were, he would have said that he hadn't any. Oh, he wanted to Impress a dragon and protect Pern from Thread, but after several hatchings he'd gotten the feeling that he was too simple a fellow for even the newborn dragons of Pern. He liked order and predictability and having a procedure, and outside the Weyr that had served him well. It was only here, waiting for a dragon to decide he was the one (or, more likely, to age out) that being quiet and methodical had not seemed to be enough.

Except there was a voice in his head, both clipped and careful speaking in a cadence familiar to the young man: someone accustomed to having a script who was forced to proceed without one. Tonori knew he had sounded like that the first several times he'd had to tell people things they didn't like to hear as a guard, but he was not sure why anyone would take that tone with him. He was just one of a mess of candidates. Not even one of the outstanding ones. Just...a person doing a job.

And that's what I am, insisted the voice. A person doing a job. I had hoped we could be partners.

And that was how Tonori was reminded that he was not a smart man. There was a dragon speaking to him. Not the commanding bronze, who had not been addressing him specifically, and not the disappointed green, who had only seemed to take a passing interest in him anyway. Another voice, belonging to...the brown who had been attempting to keep order in the line and among the dragons watching it, until he broke rank to speak to Tonori.

"You're sure about this?" Tonori asked. His voice was thick with emotion. He knew dragonets could be cruel, and there was a possibility that in him they had found an easy butt, since he knew he could be pretty slow on the uptake.

Never more so, came the brown's quick affirmative.

"Then...we should get you some chow."

It'd be appreciated, Chluaith agreed. But I started a thing here, and I want to make sure I'm not derelict in my duties.

With a brisk nod of his massive head the brown returned to the Christmas Tree bronze and asked, If all is in hand, I have made my Impression and could do with some food, but I will carry on here if you prefer.

Tonori did not think it was the best idea for Chluaith to offer to stay on, although he could absolutely understand the desire to do a job to completion. The new weyrling was conscious of oft-repeated instructions to see that newborn dragons were fed quickly upon Impression, but if this was something Chluaith felt he needed to do, the young man would not gainsay him for now.

Still, Tonori felt a little uncomfortable stepping out of line and positioning himself out of the way so that Chluaith could continue or not, according to whatever the Christmas Tree bronze had to say. He hoped, however, that the beautiful brown was not going to make a habit of always putting a bronze's priorities over his own. Tonori understood and respected the Weyr hierarchy, but in the moments of Impression the young man realized that he cared more about the wellbeing of this new-hatched dragon than he did anything else on Pern.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:55 am
Gwyn

Watching as the silly boys lined up for one of the bronzes who had hatched, Gwyn realized that there were suddenly several hatchlings Impressing. And while that line might have been there to greet that bronze, it also seemed to have made it easier for others to find who they needed. Very handy, but she was also pretty sure that this was not at all what he'd intended.

Not all of the impressions that had suddenly happened had been over there, either. A green had rushed towards the healer who was attending the person who'd been injured by the angry blue. Another green had made directly for a girl a short distance away from Gwyn. A blue had pushed his way through the candidates to reach another individual.

Silently, she wondered how long this sudden burst of Impressions was likely to last.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:51 am
Dorok and Bronze Khazariath

No, Khazariath agreed, looking up at D'rok who had made a similar offense, though unlike Argamath, he'd already forgiven His for looking towards other dragons. He'd seen his error, after all, and they were here together. As his brother settled in, he took his time to look over the young man that he'd chosen as his.

"Evening implies a new day to come, morning is marginally better I would think," D'rok mulled over which would be best in this instance as he offered his dragon - Faranth it should have felt surreal, but having Khazariath there felt as natural as breathing - another bite of meat. Just small enough to fit between his eyes. Too small to get caught in his throat if he swallowed too eagerly.

Not all grand decisions come quickly, Kourith, Khazariath answered as their blue brother interjected into the exchange between bronzes. There was no annoyance at his desire to join the conversation. Just a quiet mental note to keep an extra eye on his brother who perhaps would rush decisively into trouble if he didn't mind him.

"Nice to meet you properly as well, Verica. I am D'rok," he passed this introduction to Ka'ia as well. Then, with a mindful look at Argamath he suddenly asked: "Did you have a healer check to his scratches? " an early infection or irritation caused by the oiling that would come suddenly struck him as something to be avoided, after all.

Hattaki

Zaikt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:58 am

Carefully, gently Tristram gathered the little, quite battered Candidate up. "It's all right, sweetheart. I've got you. You're safe now." Such a young girl to experience so much pain! It always hurt Tristram to see his patients suffer, but Miela couldn't have been more than fifteen, and that was being very generous. She wasn't ready to stand, and the High Reaches healers had every reason to try to move her - but this Westerner didn't agree with the treatment. A small, frightened child was in need of comfort, and comfort he had to offer.

There were no mortally wounded Candidates this day. This little one had taken the brunt of the blue's anger. Taking inventory of her wounds, he carried on her tending where Fivudal had left off. Gently, ever so gently, he checked for injuries that may have been overlooked. "Do you want to sit up? You can nod for yes or shake your head for no." Poor baby. This was a lot to take in at what must have been close to her first official Hatching. Would she ever Stand for one again?

Hattaki

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:09 am
Lauthisen and Blue Othelloth

More and more new Weyrlings were beginning to show up at the feeding table, and Lauthisen eyed them briefly before dismissing them to go back to feeding his dragon. His dragon. He was aware of the how strong the love radiating from the handsome blue dragonet was for him, and Lauthisen knew, without hesitation, he would lay down his life for Othelloth.

I will protect you from anything that would seek to do you harm. The blue said solemnly, and Lauthisen's lips quirked. "I know," He said aloud, feeding the blue another chunk of meat. And strangely, he knew it was true. It felt as though Othelloth had pushed away his natural suspicion, and Lauthisen found he didn't mind one bit.

--

Dehka

The line of boys made it much easier for dragons to find Theirs, Dehka realized... and Dorok was turning, kneeling before the other little bronze. Green eyes widened slowly with dawning realization, immediately threatening to well up with tears. Dorok had found his dragon... His bronze. Others were Impressing too, and Dehka knew he should be giving them the same appreciation, but... well, this was so profoundly personal for him. He was so happy for Dorok, for finally finding his dragon after all of his pent up anxiety and stress.

All he could do was practically beam at the other, scrubbing at his eyes furiously with a forearm. He'd talk to him later, definitely! But Dorok had a dragon to feed. "Maybe your dragon is here, too," He managed to say to Orri, hoping desperately that it was true.

demon_pachabel

medigel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:16 am
Rahmsii - HR - [he/his]

He felt so awkward lining up. Everyone could see him ragged, robe ripped, and bleeding. At least other's were around and he wasn't standing awkwardly alone. Did lining up help? It was true not everyone had a chance to meet every egg, touch the shell. Perhaps the hatchling was weighing them all up. It seemed there was one left to hatch as well. Rahmsii hadn't a chance to see it at the Touching but its shell looked lovely. You can do it too little one. Bet you're lovely inside as well as out.  

Spockat

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:17 am

Stand down, soldier, the Christmas Tree bronze told Chluaith, with a hint of amusement. While he had certainly created this line, he had not asked his brother to mind it. But all was well. It was time for his brown brother to eat. At ease. The King was on the move, going down that line, checking one boy after the other.

Hmmmmmm. Where was his rider? He wasn't quite certain, at this juncture. There were so many options, and it was a very important decision, after all. He suspected he would know his when he saw him.

The Caroling Note green pranced up to Kinyegele to say hello, nuzzling her hand as her brother had done, and then darted off again. Not hers, but nice.

Meanwhile, the Snowflake green had begun to consider her options. Not quite so many, now that her brothers had taken what one must assumed were the best of the bunch - but Snowflake knew better. They had overlooked some very important potentialities, and Snowflake was here to get what she deserved.

Red and Green Present blue was presently lounging on the Sands, watching the boys and girls and children at play. One of them was his, and he wasn't shy about his decision. He was just enjoying a moment, here. But he knew what he wanted. It was only a matter of when.

The Gingerbread Egg had begun to wobble in place, at last. After such a long wait, could it be hatching?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:23 am
Candidate Nalacko - she/her

Not long after a pretty, bright green with flowers on her wings and face singled out her own rider. The rainbows in her eyes were evidence enough. Nala smiled. She nodded when Juhvek said there were still plenty of dragons to meet. Hopefully some would want those standing around her.

"There's still one egg to hatch too," Nala commented as her eyes landed on the Gingerbread Egg, still intact. One egg left to hatch, a bronze who would only be interested in Juhvek of their group, a blue and three greens. She was happy to see Gingerbread showing signs of movement. Would it hatch soon?

demon_pachabel
Juhvek

Tsunake
Oranie

Meepfur
Elibrie

magnadearel

Spockat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:24 am
Urzoh - HR - [she/her]

There moved the last little one! She was happy to see the last egg test its strength. A fantastically spirited - strong clutch, it looked like all of them would be free of their shell. That's it! You can do it little Gingerbread Egg! One big thrash and you'd be ready for showtime. "The bronze is going for the pick of the candidate litter," Urzoh nodded to Ahula. "I think I'd do the same if I hatched. "  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:25 am
Jemaselle-Jemi- She/her/hers- High reaches

Things were slowing down a bit. She had managed to catch sight of Whren, his pale hair and short statue helping her pick him up as he joined the line. The last egg was starting to move. The bronze was starting to look through the line up, which his chromatic brothers had used for their advantage.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:27 am
Ruunan clapped for the newly-Impressed, a gentle smile touching his lips and bringing a glad gleam to his caramel eyes. He was happy that the anxious Snowman blue had found His- in some strange way, it gave him hope. Perhaps he /was/ good enough to he here, after all... Maybe. Yes. He had to believe that thought.

He watched Christmas Tree bronze inspect the line of candidates, hoping the dragonet would find His without issue. The Caroling Note green seemed ever so sweet, and he wondered if perhaps the girl would find her partner within those rainbow eyes... But it seemed not.

Other dragonets watched. Were they waiting for someone, or something? Gingerbread egg began to wobble, and Ruunan watched with growing curiosity. /You can do it little one. Almost there./ Gentle waves of encouragement were sent all around; despite the tumultuous start, this hatching had gone far more smoothly, for the most part, than the big double clutch he had last stood for here at High Reaches... That was good too.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff