Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 am
Ichta's own hands weren't much cleaner than the one offered up to her, so instead she offered up a smile, "Yes, and it's very nice to meet you too, Dr'stan," Doctor Stan, it was an amusing number of syllables at least, "And this is my dear Aurinkoth," she would have reached down to pat the blue had he not already circled the seat to offer his tired green sister his side to lean against with a hum of contentment and a swirl of adoration in his eyes.

Clearly, the blue had a type.

Look mine! Look at my beautiful sister! She is wonderful as you are, his mental voice tinged with a brotherly affection that would have softened up even the toughed of hearts - all it did was make the heart of sensitive Ichta melt even further as the two sat together. She's almost as beautiful as you are, dear one Ichta agreed. "It would seem Aurinkoth feels the same of yours," she said, eyes pulling away from the pair and back to Dr'stan. Yours looks like he'll care for you well, and you will care for him well and you will both be happy, Cynosuth. I told you he would love you, he nudged his nose against his tired sister's snout affectionately.

Fated Fable

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:48 pm
NovaCracker

Farensil glanced over her shoulder as the man cried out, and hissed between her teeth as she felt her settled flesh shift under the medical bandages and crack again, quickly deciding looking sideways was not worth it today. I passed my hand back to find Amila's as my eyes shifted forward again, reporting to the medical table for an update. A more experienced medic had arrived, and after hearing the story Dorianus had recounted, set to poking my arm experimentally. "Oh, sheesh. It's just dislocated." He rolled his eyes and moved for to grip my elbow as I shimmied out of reach to hide behind Amila.

"Don't you sharding dare!" I growled, pointing an angry, threatening finger over Amila's good shoulder.

"You really want to set off a queen fresh from the nest and ALL the hatchlings!? WHILE WE'RE ON her sands!?" The medic looked stupid as one of his companions growled it at him. "Take her to quarters somewhere to do that, you wherry-brained fool."  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:51 pm
A different fluttery... Perhaps she is impressed by his strong and imposing physique! I know, brother! Let us make it a game to discover what this means! That will be fun. Elzebuth was already trying to put together the pieces, but he was too young to really what it meant... yet. Later, he would ask His! Yes, G'ran deserved attention from whoever he pleased.

He realized that Dristan--Dr'Stan now--had succeeded in grabbing another dragonhealer. As the woman began her work, Elzebuth's green eyes began to show flickers of yellow, uncertain about what was happening though he could feel no pain.

"Easy," G'ran murmured, cupping Elzebuth's lower jaw with his big hands. "Such a brave fellow. You know the others would be throwing a fit, if it were them."

But I am better. He wanted to stretch his neck out with restored confidence, but G'ran instantly steadied him. Soon enough, it was over, and G'ran quietly thanked the dragonhealer, and glanced in Dr'stan's direction. He seemed to be in conversation with Ichta, so he instead focused on finishing Elzebuth's feeding.

demon_pachabel

fated fable

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:57 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"I'd think it would be kinder in private." Amila drawled to the medics. They acted nice, but they were more bothered about the dragons that rejected them both, and Amila sighed. Her shoulder wasn't dislocated -- just bloody -- and maybe the scar would have a small pit, but this was sharding embarressing.

"I don't think the dragons would notice -- but it's still a private matter. No need to repulse anyone watching. Shards, the eggs are hatched, the hatchlings all went to eat. You could've just said 'let's take care of you'."

But did he care about Amila or Faren's feelings?... OK, maybe she was being slightly protective -- uncharacteristic of her -- but it wasn't like anyone else was, and....

Being protective and letting some hurt out herlped a little, Amila squaring up just a bit-- feeling a breif feeling of pride.

"Don't worry. I won't let them fix it without me trhere." Amila looked to Farensil, looking... Slightly worried.

"I promise. Friends look out for one another... Right?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:58 pm
Fated Fable

The blue dragon gently reached out to the baby green in confirmation. I have relayed the message. Enjoy your first meal, little one, and I am certain Mine will see yours during the Feast. Cinonth wanted to meet the little Cynosuth, and of course Aurinkoth, but he knew he had to wait. They were busy bonding with theirs, and one another, and were in need of food, oiling, and rest. He would get to coo with the little babies in due time.

Besides, he knew his rider needed a bit of cheering up. He could feel the mixed emotions running through H'sad, and he wanted to make him feel better. Unfortunately, the blonde had his own ideas, and had been one of the first to leave the Hatching. As soon as Zenobiath had found hers, he'd left.

There was no reason to stay, after all. Dr'stan would be quite busy, and he needed to compose himself first. He didn't know why he was so heartsore, and he felt himself to be a monster for it. But sometimes feelings were hard to control, and couldn't help but struggle to cope. Maybe it was payback for having Impressed first so many Turns ago. Hadn't Dristan -- Dr'stan, shaff, that was going to be hard to remember-- felt similarly? Bah. No, he didn't want to show red-eyes or shock to his love, not on such a joyous day.

He'd take a few moments to collect himself, and seek the other out later. Let Dristan... Dr'stan... Enjoy himself.

~~~~ ((H'sad, signing out of this RP. gaia_star Will bring him over to the SRP with Nebbi next!))

DruidTigeress

Chayrel hadn't expected the boy to Impress. While he'd seen him around, he didn't know him well. Chayrel wasn't exactly the most outgoing, and seemed more aloof and feral than anything. While Fehral was his...er...friend... and Cami, there were still very that he knew. He preferred to keep to himself.

His eyes watched as the green took the very boy he stood next to, and the jealousy that gripped him almost made him ashamed. While he was happy the little green had found her match, he also despaired. There were fewer and fewer eggs, and he felt as if his fate were sealed. "Congratulations," he called out too late, and he doubted Mallan would even hear.

So it was, he glanced back Cami, and forced a smile he didn't really feel. Maybe it was because he had only just started talking to the other; maybe it was because all this emotion was wearing the black haired man down. Still, he looked around and watched as more and more babies found their match, and none of them went to him. Selfishly, he was glad that Cami didn't Impress either, or Fehral. They were left alone, and that was just as well with the boy. It might be uncharitable, but maybe they could commiserate together. And he didn't have to fake feeling good.

Shaffit, he was a monster, wasn't he? Maybe this is why he was still alone.

"Well, I guess that's that," he sighed, watching Zenobiath Impress. His brows knit, and he stood on the hot sands, looking around at the sea of crestfallen faces that remained. Littered among eggshells and fragments, he almost snorted -- what a pretty picture. A bunch of sweaty, sandy, rejected kids hanging out among trash and egg goop. Fitting, really. One Hatching down.... but a few Turns left to go. Maybe.

"Sorry you din' find a dragon," he said to the girl, though he might have also been speaking to himself. "Maybe next time, right?" But that time seemed so far away.

((Okay, more tags after I return. gaia_star ))

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Little Cynosuth gave a quiet hum as Ichta spoke, leaning into Aurinkoth with what could only be described as bone deep exhaustion. The baby had expended herself almost completely in her search, and now she needed her brother-- needed her brothers and sisters, in general-- to keep her focused on the here and now. Her rider was so good and kind! And it seemed as though Aurinkoth's was as well! He is a good man, and he loves me, just as you said he would. He brother had promised her that much, and that much she had received.

So as the healer and Ichta spoke, Cynosuth reached out to Cinonth with a shy affection, letting him know that she'd received his message, and also Elzebuth, for he had seemed worried by what the other dragonhealer was doing. You're so brave, my brother, and strong. Unlike Cynosuth, whose weakness was quite apparent. Or perhaps she was simply very small.

"It is a pleasure to meet you. If you need any assistance with Aurinkoth, I will be happy to oblige." He didn't quite know how to make friends, especially with a group of youngsters. But... he was doing his best.

demon_pachabel
Tsunake
Masterharper

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:30 pm
As Cynosuth leaned into him, the blue continued to hum affectionately with his snout against her cheek. And now all is well. You travelled far today and had quite the adventure! Think of the stories you will tell of how far you went to find yours! The farthest search for yours. It will be wonderful. Aurinkoth beamed with excitement at the idea, moving to wrap one of his wings around his tired sister in some semblance of a hug. As close as he could get to one, at least.

"I'll take you up on that if I...need it. I'm hoping I'll be able to manage, but I also know..." she glanced away from Dr'stan to look towards Elzebuth in time to catch the look from G'ran. Her heart nearly lept out of her chest and she looked back away, face tinging red. The surge of feelings - not pants feelings, but heart feelings - caused Aurinkoth to suddenly look towards his, if only to see she was safe.

They were both immensely confused, at the very least.

"I also know if something like that," this time she just pointed (not quite directly at) the chewed up brown, "were to happen it would be...something I..." her voice shrank as she spoke, "couldn't manage...."

A game! A mystery! How fun! How exciting! She's doing it again! Aurinkoth's mind whirled the excited notion back to Elzebuth at the suggestion.

Tsunake

Fated Fable

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:55 pm
NovaCracker

Faren pointed at the medic who'd pointed out the hatchlings he didn't want to startle. "Good point... not the one I was defending." I blinked at Amila and snuggled close. "Also not the point I was making, but I appreciate yours more." She smiled weakly. "I'm opposed to the pain and the bleeding, actually. Kind of had enough of that for today." Farensil had heard the replacement of dislocated liimbs; it wasn't generally a quiet sort of sound... from the person getting their limbs put back into sockets. But, for the most part... shell the dragons all over again.

She just didn't want the pain, and if every movement opened the wound, what would jerking a bone around do? She shuddered. The medic rolled his eyes.

"But.... If you're sure you don't mind being there, I wouldn't be opposed to doing that in the candidate halls or the medical tunnels..." She smiled and shrugged. "Maybe we can get some of the good quikal when they've had to deal with the fact that I'll be able to feel more than my shoulder." I teased... the medics as much as Amila.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:01 pm
BastetAmun

“And good to meet you, Dorianus.” He walked with the other man, tilting his head slightly to one side as he comprehended what Dorianus had said. “One of the healers impressed? That seems even more unusual than stands impressions… not that those were in particularly short supply today.”

Indeed, this hatch had been almost nothing but unusual.

“I take it you’ve seen a few hatches, then?” Karone inquired.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:02 pm
We deserve the freedom to decide our own fates, Menankith entered into the debate that his darker brother sought to start, perhaps not agreeing quite as wholly as Elzebuth would have liked him to. There is no one born who deserves station, he pointedly regarded their metallic clutchmates but still included his fellow brown in the assessment, But the right to strive and achieve and be our best selves belongs to us all. If you dream of station, brother-Elzebuth, then by all means rise to it.

While he might not have precisely agreed fully with the larger brown, Elzebuth had gotten him started, oh had he gotten him started, and he could go on and on-

Nadry tugged gently at his headknob, a steady hand to ground him, and what might have become a rant turned to an affectionate thrum for his bonded. Yes, that was...good, thank you. Perhaps...he needed that sometimes. A little.

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:34 pm
ShinosBee

Meepfur

R'gan shrugged, glancing away flustered. "Not really.." he muttered.
I think you're nice. Basanuth said, somewhat bemused by his rider's insistence not to be seen as such. And whose was this who said so? He stirred a little to look. Why, hello little green. Would she be a righteous sister, or a bastion of the old ways? He would have to see. But for now he crooned to her pleasantly. Good day, Thanoth. Are you well?

R'gan shook his head a little at Vitre's question. "Just keep feeding her, while she's hungry. Or until you finish the bucket, whichever comes first I guess." he said, recalling V'mel saying that they shouldn't have more than one. "And make sure she stays calm and happy." he added, though it seemed like she didn't need much help on that account. He smiled, watching her bump her head into his hand. That was some color, too. "I think we're going to oil them a little later too." he added.

While they were talking, Basanuth sat up suddenly, making R'gan turn his head. His larges wings opened slightly then settled back down as he seemed to stir as though a wind had blown through him. The rabble rousing had begun.

He didn't disagree with what Elzebuth was saying but he wasn't so sure about his intentions. It seemed more like he was trying to rile the others than make a genuine point. Still, he rumbled approvingly at the lighter brown's addition. Well said, Menankith. he chorused, voicing his support. He had thoughts he should have liked to add, but he was too sleepy now to articulate them fully, and before he had the chance, the argument seemed to be dying down. Well, he would keep his peace for now.. but he was ready to spring up and defend them if someone should try to argue.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:53 pm
V'tre & Thanoth

At one point something very important was noticed by Thanoth, and a moment later by V'tre also (though primarily because the meat he'd thrust out for her was not snatched quickly but delicately up, but instead was mushed gently against the side of her...well, her skull-patterened skull. The green had seen one man move away from Elzebuth out of the corner of her eye, and someone else step up to do...something. He seemed alright though at last, and she'd turned to consider. She did indeed want to go say hello to her closest sibling, but V'tre was making friends here, and despite his brave face she could tell that he still needed her. He'd no doubt tag along, dear sweet thing that he was, and then he might miss out on really getting in with Basanuth's and Lemath's.

Plus now it looked like Elzebuth had a bit of a crowd. Well! That ought to please him, hadn't it? And just listen, Menankith was agreeing! Ohhh, and almost right in Aresoth's face too! The green's eyes were a deep sea green-blue as she tried to catch Elzebuth's eye before she turned to face Basanuth again. He'd been the first to impress, hadn't he? Did that make him her oldest brother? Of course I'm well! Look at all this, brother dear! We've got food, and Ours, and entertainment too. She nodded her wedge-shaped noggin towards the budding debate, though which half she found so funny was left open-ended. And look! We made it a whole half a day out of our shells and no one's dead yet!

The genuine delight rippling through the green gave V'tre pause, but he managed to snare her attention once more and kept on feeding. He desperately didn't want to be the one to underfeed his dragon because of not knowing better! She'd picked him, when she could have had anyone, and he would be broken-hearted if he failed her already. "Oil them?" He piped up, blinking wide-eyed at R'gan. "Why? They seem soft already." He'd half expected dragonhide would need to be tougher, really, to be as strong as he knew it must be. He looked down at Thanoth, who seemed to mentally shrug back up at him. She had no idea either, but then she was distracted again by Basanuth's posturing, and the green seemed to almost wriggle in place as she laughed...or something like it, at the pose he was trying to strike.

DruidTigeress

Tsunake

ShinosBee

Nerd

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:30 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
So sweet! ;w;

Masterharper

Mere moments after Mallan was done impressing, another green was heading towards the group again, this time straight for Demanthra. As before, Cami retreated a little to give the new pair some space. It seemed, to her at least, to be an intensely personal moment. And as someone who wasn't very open with her emotions, she felt as though people would prefer some privacy.

She turned her head towards Chayrel and was about to say something, when Demanthra suddenly ran back and hugged her. At first, Cami naturally stiffened at the touch, too stunned to move. She couldn't recall hugging anyone since she was a small child, and even then only rarely. But, after a moment, her hands found her way to the girl's back. Though strange at first, it was surprisingly comforting. Like the warmth of a fire. Her words baffling. Did such a thing really matter to her, given what had just happened? Though she couldn't think why, it was enough to accept that it did. "I'll keep in touch." she echoed, still somewhat dazed. But she smiled back, conviction growing. "Besides, you have to keep up with your archery. I'll teach you how to shoot from dragonback next." she promised.

While she was busy saying goodbye, it seemed, all the other dragons had made their way off the sands. She looked back at Chayrel. "Well. That was something." she said, not sure what words could be used to describe it thoroughly. She lifted her shoulders once, then let them fall. It was only her first hatching after all. Like the first pass at a difficult jump with a runner, she felt she needed one go around just to get her bearings. Though she would've liked to impress. That much was true. "Next time." she agreed. "You as well. Sorry." she added, since he seemed disappointed too. She looked down at her hands, where she could almost trick herself into believing that a whisper of warmth still clung to them like a fog.

With an impressive enough deadpan that you couldn't quite tell if she was joking or deadly serious, Cami held her arms out to Chayrel. "Want a hug?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:44 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

"I wouldn't have expected anything less," he whispered back as he kissed her cheek. He did let her go, and was pleased when she sat next to him to tend her dragon. This was going to be perfect, wasn't it? Both of them had Impressed at the same clutch. She with a beautiful gold, and he with a most stunning blue. They did everything together growing up, and were so close, why would this be any different? He was too high off the joy of impression to think about any downsides to being weyrlings together... Or what their differing ranks might mean.

Macuith, for his part, was pleased at Zenobiath's words. He let his tail happily curl around his feet, even as he nudged his rider for some more tasty tidbits. He didn't need to gorge like some beast, even if he wanted to do so. There were boys present, after all. We picked the most beautiful, I think, and that is as it should be. Fitting that they are siblings, no?

While C'lusi would have liked to have more time to talk to his sister, he wasn't going to deny C'ryn a chance to meet Alumet. She was stunning, after all, and was going to be the talk of the Weyr for at least a sevenday, if not longer. C'ryn too, more than likely, given he had impressed a bronze. "You've quite a handsome fellow there, C'ryn," C'lusi admired the bronzes markings, and couldn't help but think his oddly dark nose was cute to boot. And maybe, just maybe, the admiration was coming from his blue. It was a little hard to say, but he felt it all the same. It was always good to compliment others, and he could always find a reason to. "I'm glad to see he's all right, even with a few battle scars."

Macuith had had enough to eat -- for now -- and instead gave a nice, luxurious stretch. Surely they both should see how lovely a blue he was. He listened to the gold and bronze, though he did turn to look back at Elzebuth when Zenobiath did so. And while the gold's eyes flashed red, the blue's eyes only deepened into a dark blue. He saw nothing wrong with Elzebuth -- the muscles, the scars, the way he was almost as big as Aresoth, and ooooodles of charm -- but he knew that the other two were less than keen. Is it so wrong to want more than what you've been born to? He asked, almost dreamily. He was a blue, but he was the best blue. Well. One of the best. And he also knew that he would be expected to do things that blues did. And maybe that was not wanting to make super best-friends with all the cute boys. Would any of them even want him to be his super-best-friend?

Still, he knew well that it was important not to upset Aresoth or Zenobiath, and he did not wish to spoil their fun. If Elzebuth does try to make a scene, I will absolutely go over there, and distract him. I promise. And maybe Menankith too. And Basanuth. You can count on me to do a ob well done. He was charming and fun and playful and . . . would they not rather be distracted than fight? He could be that distraction. He would be that distraction.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:54 pm
Elzebuth swing his head immediately to focus on his small sister, chuffing quietly with pleasure. You are kind, Cynosuth. And you are so wise to have picked one who can heal! How useful that would be! Still, His was clearly best, but he could certainly admire such insight. He sent warmth and friendliness back to her, knowing that she was very tired.

G'ran could not help but notice when his brown was pointed at, and chose to bluntly interject into their conversation. "He's going to be fine. ...Dr'stan helped see to it." He nodded awkwardly to the older man, unsure as to how to treat him. Ichta was offered a very slight smile.

Yes, yes! It is because she looked at Mine, isn't it? Mine is looking at Yours, now... Let us see what they do.

The large brown immediately snapped to attention when Menankith began to speak, observing with smug amusement. Oh, I shall, Brother-mine. I certainly shall.

Finished with his meal, Elzebuth's head swung to focus on Thanoth, a baby-sized rumble echoing in his chest. Do you see all the fun that will be had? He laughed, knowin she would at least appreciate the joke.

demon_pachabel

fated fable

Meepfur

ShinosBee

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items