Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:47 pm
Still more hatchlings burst from their shells and spilled onto the Sands, and now that she had had a better glimpse of what some of them had been up to, Akaris wanted no part of being directly on the Sands with them.  She'd hesitated upon reaching Vimiath's side, nursing lingering fear about being so near to the gold, but now that she'd made her choice and left the imagined safety of A'ral and R'mor behind, the clutchmother was her only option for actual safety.  A turn of events that might be amusing, a long time from now.

Carefully, delicately, despite a pressing need to scramble, she did as she had been invited and climbed onto the gold.  And it was even more obvious, so close and with hands on her hide, just what sorry shape the dragon was in.  Her hide was not just dingy, but flaking, and pity again chipped away at fear.

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:50 pm
Aukai Oceansoul

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see, oh, look there! Little banshee is on the father's head! How cute!" Varinia thought it was so sweet that Blundarth wanted to help.

Rennati:
When she saw banshee getting on top of his dad's head, it reminded her of the hatching at home and made little banshee seem so adorable. She sent all the good feelings it's way and hoped it would soon find his!  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:52 pm
Yevalee

“Ooh sweet heart, you don’t want to eat my shoe,” Yevalee stated, bemused at the little green that was delicately trying to eat their foot wear. She was more sedated then her sister, and they were between removing the sandal from their foot to save from being nibbled on or gently trying to get it back, since shoe leather certainly couldn’t be good for the dragon hatching. “Come on darling.”

They reached down and paused, surprise as hunger and words swamped them, a brace of thought and love and just belonging. They made a soft little o of surprise, shifting to stroke over Gallath eye ridges looking into the brilliant rainbow eyes. “Very much true,” Their stomach cramped in the hunger the dragon felt, and they had something to focus and to do. “Let’s depart and get you some actual food.”

They gave a slight smile to Oerlan and Kambi before accompanying Gallath off to the others.

Do you think Seirath will share? Is what you are offering going to be tastier then the shoe, food mine, food is good. I want to eat it all, Gallath waddle along, pressed against her bonded and perhaps salivating slightly at the thought.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:56 pm
Banshee was so small. Blundarth stayed very still to make sure that the young blue had his footing. He might not be graceful, but even Blundarth could lift his head without shaking around. The bronze slowly straightened his neck, raising the dragonet above the candidates, providing him a view of the crowd below. Stay calm and keep looking. Do you have a feeling about what they look like? Then Blundarth could try and help him to search.

If you can't see them down there then try looking at the others. He sent the impression of the stands. Just in case the blue wanted someone from there. If you have felt them before then they are most definitely on the sands. These are the ones that visited you before. Take your time. None of us are going anywhere. The bronze gave a reassuring rumble, giving the young blue the impression of a cuddle.

Mx Cherie

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:57 pm
Dolmar

Dolmar blinked. Even lying prone, he had enough of a view to realize there was a blue hatchling atop the scarred bronze father's head.

It was at that point that Dolmar turned to Haukai, and mumbled, "I may have a concussion...I...think I may be seeing things."

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:01 pm
Vimiath

As Akaris finally came to her side, Vimiath bent the forearm closest to the girl to give her an easy climb up to the shoulders. When the girl seemed settled, the dragon sat down on her haunches with the stance of an alert feline, observing the chaos that she could not control.

She was tense until her white infant Impressed, then allowed herself to relax. Though Vimiath remained still and silent, anyone who was paying close attention to her would notice a deeper shade of gold returning to the hide around her chest and belly, and her eyes gradually beginning to swirl green and yellow, and even a tinge of blue, instead of gray.

”Meepfur”

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:04 pm
Martirae

Martirae agreed with Henwas. This was definitely more chaos than was good for a hatching and if she hadn't known better, she may have marched out into the fray to deck something in the nose. This was extremely unbecoming for everybody and it was only going to get more chaotic from here as more and more dragons hit the sands. A blue. A few greens. Though turning back she could see now that a few dragons had fortunately made good decisions - someone was walking off the sands with the ghoul and the little white, that poor little white, was being carried off by one that Marty could only guess was their bonded.

And then there was Blundarth wearing one of his son's as a hat. Marty found a deep sigh filling her as she shook her head and ran one (slightly bloody) hand through her hair. Of course this was what was going on.

"I'm going back." she stated stiffly, keeping whatever other flowery thoughts she was having to herself - though her face said everything. Certainly, no hatching was ever completely uneventful, but certainly she wanted to see what boy would make that Hatchling submit to their will. They'd be worth having as a friend, frankly.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:08 pm
The Hunter, The Demon, The Frankenstein Monster

The blue dragon was overwhelmed and outraged. This was unacceptable! His eyes whirled red and white in distress and anger. The blue hatchling screeched, and was unafraid. He had to make a choice -- this fighting had to end and it had to end now!

Stop it, stop it, stop it! With a shriek, he suddenly pounced and started violently attacking.... the Hunter. YOU DID THIS. HE MAY HAVE STARTED IT BUT YOU ESCALATED IT! YOU HURT AKEROTH! YOU HURT THAT BOY! YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED AND YOU DIDN'T! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN THE GREATER BRONZEBUT INSTEAD YOU BECAME THE MONSTER! Honestly, the blue blamed both of the bronzes for this mess, but it didn't care.

All it felt was rage!

And this blue? This blue was a beast! It attacked the bronze, ripping, biting, chewing, clawing. It tore at it with his wings, beating it back.

The Demon watched, rather impressed, really, with the blue's fierce defense. For a few moments it also attacked the Hunter, forcing the other to retreat. But quickly, it slipped off and away, abandoning its brother. It saw no reason to continue the assault, and was quick to weave among the Candidates.

Covered in both blood and ichor, the Demon limped away from the battle, but moved with as much confidence and grace as he had before his initial attack. He was tired, he was hungry, and he had had enough fun for the day. Let his blue brother take the fall -- he didn't care. The blue wasn't important to him. No, he was no fool, and it was time. The Demon realized, in that battle, that he could not fight alone. He needed someone useful, someone dependable, someone that could give him exactly what he needed....

Though he knew others might despise him, though he knew others might loathe him, he kept his head raised high. There. That one. Reaching the boy, the bronze gazed in to the eyes of his chosen, and gave a gentle, tender croon. Cesaremine, do something about this mess. Your Illiandinth is weary, hungry, desirous of better entertainment than this feable group can afford. You are Mine, and together, we will rise to the top. Now come, we have much to discuss.
User Image

Mx Cherie

The Hunter
The bronze, for his part, was rather taken aback by the blue's attack. His rage and anger and one-sided desire for vengeance was cooled as he now had to fight both dragons at once! Why was he the enemy!? Why was he being blamed!?

From being on the violent offense, the Hunter found himself now plaing defense against his brothers. His rage, his anger, his hate had been blindsided by his siblings accusations. On top of Akeroth's earlier plea not to hurt the Demon, and now Frankenstein's Monster telling him off, the Hunter had little choice in the matter!

Falling back, the bronze felt a tear in his wing, and gave a startled bugle. No. He did not want to hurt this one as he had Akeroth.... For one moment, the bronze actually was able to see the chaos surrounding them -- Candidates wounded, the Banshee shrieking, and his sibling severely wounded. Maybe... Maybe he was a monster!

With a cry of despair, the bronze flung himself at Ladellan. He tackled the boy, pulling him down, and shielding him with his wings in case his aggressive blue brother followed. I AM NOT A MONSTER! He bellowed, so all Candidates could hear.

But privately, to the boy upon which he fell (and possibly accidentally wounded) he mentally keened. Ladellan, Mine, am I so vicious a creature? Did I do wrong? It was for the greater good! I only did it to save them from him. You believe your Helsinth, don't you? The rainbow regard was quick to transform into a strange yellow-white as the bronze trembled to know his Chosen's judgment. He was not the enemy of this story! He was the hero! But if Ladellan did not see it.... then he had no place upon this earth.

User Image
Ryala

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:08 pm
Lennik

Lennik looked back at Ayla and Isilje, then to Rio. "I'll feel as brave as I has to be," he said firmly, uncertain where this courage had come from. No hatching had tested him like this before, but...There were now three bronzes, a few greens, a few blues and a brown on the sands. The white had been carried off by their new rider and one of the greens was leaving with a girl. Good. That was progress.

What wasn't progress was the fight between bronzes that weren't certain they'd pick up whatever mess was left behind. He continued to scan the sands before he found his gaze lingering on Vimiath. "She's....she's getting brighter. Auntie Tally?" the words came out of his mouth before he could stop them before he looked back to the other three - "Vimiath is looking better! Aunt Tally must be doing better!" he said, forcibly drawing attention to perhaps a small sparkle of positivity in this bad time.

He'd take being passed up by a dragon to know the goldrider was alright.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Meepfur

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:11 pm

The Banshee was very tall. So very tall. The dragonet stared down at the places that Papa showed him, and he couldn't... no, he couldn't see them anywhere. Daddy... I don't see them. Even in that other place. Where were they? Oh no, was he alone?

But Mama was better! The Banshee gave a sweet, happy trill as he took note of this new development, sending a wave of love to Vimiath.

From his position on top of Blundarth, he could see everything. Everything except his. Why? Where were they? Oh no. The baby Blue searched near, and he searched far. Do we need to move? he asked, a worried note in his voice. Had he lost them? Forever?

The_Muffin_Puppy
Teiha

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:23 pm
K’ienn (HR)

Oh, yes. K’ienn was in the stands, watching. The hatchling carnage was nothing he hadn’t seen before, though he hated to see two bronzes fighting. Maybe one was… defective. The white, of course, was defective by default. And possibly dead, though it had Impressed. It was a shame. Whites were still dragons and could be useful, in their own way – as long as they stayed at Western, at least. And he didn’t care to think about what would happen to the rider, if their dragon didn’t make it.

Another thing he didn’t care to think about was what his son would Impress. He glanced down at the youth that so resembled himself and huffed a light sigh through his nose. Anything but green, his thoughts repeated, like some sort of mantra. Anything but green, or white.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:30 pm
~Phayton~

Turns out he didn't have to interfere. The two bronzes were broken up by a fierce little blue, then both bronzes Impressed! Phayton couldn't have been more delighted. Maybe now things would settle down and they could have a relatively normal Hatching!

He hugged Jailla tightly. "I think it's going to be a lot better from here on out," he smiled into her hair, then kissed the top of her head.

Then he spotted Blundarth, and couldn't help but burst out laughing. "Look! Blundarth has a baby on his head! A little blue baby! That's so cute!"

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Well. That mess was quite thoroughly handled. Excellent. The Vampire was finished with this waiting business. He had been so very patient, and he was afraid that his patience was quite used up. With measured steps he made his way to the invalids who even now languished by the sands. Are you quite finished? Or do you still deny me? He pressed his will down on the concussed Dolmar, a note of utterly frustration daring to color his tone... but only just so. He had been very patient. He had waited. And now that the Demon was not quite off the market, he struck.

You will be mine, Dolmar. Even if you are a fool for choosing him over me. And oh, such a fool. Your Strigonth grows weary of the company that may be found upon these wretched sands. Do stop laying about half-dead. Or would he repudiate his lifepartner? That remained to be seen. Hmmph. What a lack of imagination. Surely Dolmar knew that Strigonth was the best dragon in all of Pern? He pressed again, nearly nose to nose with the other.

User Image

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:37 pm
Tsunake

Roana took the offered hand thankfully and used it to pull herself up. "Thanks, it's only a scratch, not even that deep." She assured the girl, still, she was ginger about putting to much weight on it. And she favored her uninjured limb as she settled back in the sands.

Her eyes however followed the Frankenstein monster blue that had knocked her down, the sooner he impressed the better, maybe then he would stop causing her trouble. She watched as he threw himself at the two bigger dragons well he had guts, she would give him that much. "Ugh, just leave off." She growled at the blue, though hopefully not loud enough for him to hear. "They are both looking to impress now." And so they were, in a very short succession, one bronze then the other latched to their chosen boys.

Now things that calmed down a bit Roana was actually able to look around and see the other dragons that still occupied the sands. With a snorted laugh she nudged Iathe and pointed at the novel image of the Banshee riding atop her fathers crown. "Now theres something you don't see everyday."  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:40 pm
Silviu (HR)

Things began to improve drastically as the white and two bronzes Impressed. As he calmed, Silviu became acutely aware that he had broken down in front of a girl. His face as bright red as he stood up and dusted the sand from his clothes, trying very hard not to make eye contact with Kieza. “Sh-should we move away, maybe? Closer to the Candidatemasters? Or the mother?” If they were going to move, this might be their only chance to do it without worrying about getting caught in hatchling crossfire.

Mewsings of An Angel

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games