Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
THE BAR [The NSTG RP] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 334 335 336 337 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What can I get you?
  A drink, please!
  I'm looking for someone.
  Directions?
  I see you also serve snacks...
  A field of cornflowers.............
View Results

NightShade Karas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:34 am
Watching as the proprieter retreated back to the store room, Nightshade pulled the mug of steaming water towards himself. Deftly, as if well practiced, he opened the package of herbs and let the contents fall into the hot water. Instantly an acrid but yet somehow sweet smell wafted over the booth as a noticable difference was seen in his breathing and posture.

Although still masked by the shadows, his posture seemed more youthful and his breathing was less laboured.

"Much better"

Grasping the mug with both hands, Nightshade placed the cup a little closer, directly under his face to get the full effect of the potent concauction before the steam subsided and it would be at the right temperature to drink.

Noticing the young lady with the order of water, Nightshade watched the other occupants of the above average tavern with no outward appearance of what he was looking at or what he was looking for.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 am
User ImageDevan nodded once more to the bartender as she turned to leave and tend to her other guests, or rather half drunken slobs. Flipping her hair off her shoulder and crossing her legs, the young woman's attention was drawn to the jukebox more. The gaggle of girls had finally retreated back to their booth and left the jukebox in peace. The song they had chosen however was highly irritating - something that you would maybe dance to at some middle school dance. Devan cocked her head to the right.

'Tempting... But I'll let the jukebox choose what's next... If it fails me, then I will.'

"Don't let me down Jukey."

The words fell out of her mouth at no louder than a whisper. The young woman couldn't help but to smile and give a small laugh at herself. Talking to inanimate objects? Not exactly normal...

Rosaline Marie

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:02 am
User Image
The feline chik appeared suddenly behind the bar, grabbing a glass from the shelf with one of her hands while opening the fridge with her tail. She grabbed the jug of Ice Cold milk a poured herself a glass, while drinking it she returned the jug to the fridge with her tail.

Returning to the storeroom she passes the jukebox and gives it a bump telling it to behave and play some good tunes. She then dissapears back into the room, grabbing the checklist which was hanging on a nearby nail with her dexterous tail.
Reality is for people with no imaginationUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:00 am
User ImageA soft smile crossed the woman's lips.

'Finally, something actually decent... Good job bartender.'

Devan turned back around, grasping her glass of water once more and downing the rest. Placing the empty glass on the counter, the young woman then tapped on the counter with her fore and middle fingers, indicating she wanted to order something else.

"A glass of Chardonnay followed by a shot of Firefly vodka if you will please."

Devan's usual. She would sip the wine casually, not rushing it down her throat, then follow it up by a few shots of vodka. Her personal favorite was Lotus vodka, but, having not seen the bottle on the shelf, the young woman had decided to go with something new.

Rosaline Marie

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:20 am
User Image
The feline bartender appeared suddenly before the woman, grabbed a clean glass from below the bar and expertly poured the woman a glass of Chardonnay.

She then turned around, grabbing a shot glass with her tail and swiftly poured the woman a shot of Firefly vodka from the bottle which was displayed on the shelf.

The feline bartender then placed both drinks before the woman and gave her a wink while cleaning the bar with a towel in her tail. Then she disappeared again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:50 pm
User ImageA few minutes had slowly passed before the wine glass was completely empty. Devan's eyebrows furrowed for only a brief moment before smoothing out once more. After sliding her purse off her shoulder, she began to rummage through the bag's contents; the young woman was in a desperate search for something. With a small smile of triumph, she withdrew a small box. A cigarette container. As Devan began to open and withdrew a cigarette, her eyes flickered to a small sign behind the bar on the wall which made her pause and frown. "NO SMOKING" it read.

'Damn it...'

With her free hand, Devan grasped the shot glass and downed the liquor within seconds. Nearly slamming the small glass on the counter, the young woman stood.

"I'll be right back"

She mumbled as she exited the bar. The moment the door had swung open, the cold night air hit her like a sock in the stomach. A chill was sent immediately down her spine. Digging into her purse once more, she withdrew a lighter. After lighting the small cigarette, Devan dropped the lighter back into her purse and leaned against the brick wall, taking a long drag.

'Finally, some peace and quite...'

Rosaline Marie

NightShade Karas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:49 am
Taking a sip of his finally cooled concoction, NightShade pulled a coin out of a pocket to inspect. The coin appeared gold but seemed harder with a design that he had never seen before. Taking the coin, he started to role the puzzling item over his knuckles, letting it slide into the crevis between each finger before moving onto the next one.

While thinking about the coin he smiled in slight amuzement that the rolling progress of the coin was not hindered by the numerous rings he had on each finger.

"An added bonus to my days in sligth of hand and illusions" he thought to himself.

Watching as the young lady at the bar opened the door to the bar and retreated into the night, leaving behind an empty shot glass. Nightshade finished off his potion and sat a little longer to let the restoritive draft take its full effect.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:55 am
User Image
The feline bartender noted gratefully that the newcomer recognised the rules of the bar and went to smoke outside. She glanced at the other newcomer noting the way he moved the coin over his knuckles then shrugged and went back to stocktaking.

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

Rosaline Marie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:21 am
User ImageThree cigarettes later, the young woman once again heaved open the door and entered the warmth of the bar. Devan strode over to where she had once sat only to find a new occupant in her stead. Disappointed, the young woman took a quick glance around the room, but could see no empty booths, tables, nor stools. Devan did, however, spot a booth with only one occupant in it. The man was currently sipping some sort of liquid out of a large glass and finding amusement in the coin he currently rolled over each of his knuckles. Perhaps the man could spare one side of the booth? Before braving the journey to the table, she twisted her back around to face the bar and knocked on the oak counter top twice.

"Four shots of Firefly vodka if you will please."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:31 am
User Image
The feline barkeeper appeared to fill the order grabbing the glasses with her tail and filling them one by one from the Bottle on the shelf.

After filling them she slides them down the bar to the woman without spilling any, she then dissapears back into the shadows behind the bar.

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

Rosaline Marie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:45 pm
User ImageDevan grabbed one of the shots, lifted it to her lips and drained the contents immediately. She then lifted the other three into her hands and made her way to the booth.

'One shot for the heck of it and the other three for when the conversation takes a wrong turn... Or just for the heck of it too.'

A slight smile crossed her slender, red lips as she slid into the open seat across from the man.

"Hope you don't mind if I sit here, there isn't exactly any other available seats for my a** to take a rest..."

The scent of smoke seemed to emit from Devan's very pores, but, it was not a putrid smell as smoke normally was, but rather sweet. From her lace-gloved hands, her untucked blouse, pencil skirt to her stiletto heels, the woman seemed like the court attourney type. When in reality, Devan was a simple personal secretary. Misleading? Slightly.

After placing the shot glasses in a row infront of her, the young woman looked to the man, a smile playing across her face. She out stretched a hand as she began to introduce herself.

"I'm Devan, but you can call me Dev."

Short, sweet, and polite; a pleasant way to start up a small conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:37 am
Nightshade watched as the young lady from earlier walked towards hit table. Having seen her come back into the bar and slam back one shot of something with three more in waiting, he was unsure of her intentions. She was not unattractive, however NightShade could see she definitly was not what she protrayed herself as. Noting her attire accented by the way her fingers seemed to rest in a slightly cupped manner as if she was resting them on a keyboard, he figured she was in some sort of clerical position, maybe a secretary or office staff.

As the young lady slipped into the seat opposite him, he gave her a slight nod as she stated "Hope you don't mind if I sit here..."

He could not keep his eyes from slightly narrowing and a twitch of the side of his mouth as he detected the scent of cigarette smoke battling with the lingering oder of his drink. She introduced herself as Devan and insisted he call her by Dev instead.

"Nightshade" he said as a way of introduction. "what brand do you smoke?"

Waiving to the bartender with his empty cub to have it filled back up with more boiling water, Nightshade silently wondered why his normally potent herbs were wearing off so fast. Maybe it was just about time to restore his stock.  

NightShade Karas

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:19 am
User Image
The feline barkeeper grabs the still hot kettle and refills the man's cup with hot water. Making her way back to the bar, she sweeps up around the place with the brush grasped in her tail.

Flicking the switch for the jukebox, she ensures that the tunes will keep going for sometime. Leaping over the bar she places the kettle back onto boil, then slouching in a shaded corner she grabs a nearby blanket.

"If anyone needs anything - Take care of It, I'll be asleep" She says with a yawn then sleep overtakes her and she closes her eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:23 pm
Having received his cup back topped with steaming water, NightShade pulled out another packet of herbs and spread its contents over the surface of the water. As with the previous potion an acrid but yet somehow sweet smell wafted over the booth. Almost overpowering but rejuvenating at the same time.

Nightshade takes a deep breath and notices as his muscles loosen and his breathing becomes more steady once again.

"I apologize for the smell but this concoction is highly restorative"

Placing the cup directly under his face to get the full effect of the potent concauction, Nightshade watches as the aroma has the same effect on Dev.  

NightShade Karas

Rosaline Marie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:50 pm
[OoC]D: my apologies for not being able to reply, but I am currently preparing for a trip I am going to be taking. I am leaving tomorrow morning and will not be back until Thursday, which, unfortunately means, I will not be able to post a proper reply until Thursday. My sincerest apolgies D: Please continue on with out me, I will catch up when I return !![OoC]  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 334 335 336 337 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games