Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Quotes: do you have a favorite one? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a fave quote?
  Yes
  no
  Poll whore
  don't know
View Results

Sangues Lacrimae

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:28 pm
Men are like toilets: the good ones are taken and the bad ones are always there (cousin) xD

Imagination is more important than knowledge (Albert Einstein)  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:10 pm
"Well, heaven's not a place that you go when you die.
It's that moment in life when you touch her and you feel alive.
So live for the moment.
And take this advice, live by every word,
Love's completely real,
So forget anything that you have heard,
And live for the moment now. " -The Tide by The Spill Canvas  

Nurse_Massacre

3,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
nuckingfutzinva generated a random number between 12 and 20 ... 14!

nuckingfutzinva

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:11 am
Laugh , love and live like its your last day.Tell someone that is in your heart. You Love them. Life is short so say what you need to while you can .......... In this world today you get futher with sugar than salt .... So be nice and keep your head up God wont give you more than you can handle just remember its a leason tault when we are in a strugle its like a puzzle we have to figure it out and do the best we can with what we got ............  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:39 am
I'm not crying. It's just been raining... On my face - Jemaine, Flight Of The Conchords.  

History with Insanity

Slightly Blue

3,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:12 pm
"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." From the play Twelfth Night

Edit: O.O Oh! You're right, Sanzo!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:58 pm
O_O zombie thread *runs away*  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

lazycommie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:35 pm
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

I've got all of those handled, except for the programming and equations, which I'm working on.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:43 pm
"No Amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store in his ghostly heart"

-"The Great Gatsby"  

Red Glacier

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:00 pm
Well... since it's necro'd we might as well use it.

“Love is the expression of one's values, the greatest reward you can earn for the moral qualities you have achieved in your character and person, the emotional price paid by one man for the joy he receives from the virtues of another.” , “To say ‘I love you’ one must know first how to say the ‘I.’ ” --Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead, respectively.

“Every form of social or cultural discrimination in fundamental personal rights … must be curbed and eradicated as incompatible with G_d's design.” --Catechism of the Catholic Church, Article 3, Section II, 1935.

“Through centuries of scourges and disasters, brought about by your code of morality, you have cried that your code had been broken, that the scourges were punishment for breaking it, that men were too weak and too selfish to spill all the blood it required. You damned men, you damned existence, you damned this earth, but never dared to question your code. Your victims took the blame and struggled on, with your curses as reward for their martyrdom — while you went on crying that your code was noble, but human nature was not good enough to practice it. And no one rose to ask the question: Good? — by what standard?” --Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

“道可道非恆道名可名非恆名無名天地之始有名萬物之母故常無欲以觀其妙常有欲以觀其徼此兩者同出而異名同謂之玄玄之又玄眾妙之門” (The dao that can be named is not the everlasting dao, the name that can be named is not the everlasting name. Having no name it is the creator of heaven and earth; having a name it is the mother of all things. We must be without desire to understand the mystery. With desire, we only see the surface. Yet it all comes from the same source: nothing. Nothing born of nothing, the source of all understanding). --Tao Te Ching, The Actual Chinese and a translation of what I remember of this line in parenthesis, for I always try to keep it in mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:07 pm
"Guilt is a treacherous emotion. At best it forces us to atone for our wrongs, but more often than not it becomes a canker, eating at the heart and the mind. It clouds rationality and taunts us with visions of what might have been, had we only acted differently. It is a sword upon which we impale ourselves, a paralysis, a poison that pulses through our veins, rendering us as helpless as flies trapped in spider-webs of our own making."

Issue #1 of "The Long Road Home," a Dark Tower Marvel Comic. This is one of the first lines in the "Welcome to the Dogan" Sub-story  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

monkeydluffynaruto

Ruthless Hunter

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:21 pm
"If god gives you lemons, make grape juice and let the world figure out how the f**k you did it."
-(?)
"A optimistic person says a cup of water is half full and a pessimism person says the cup is half empty and a engineer says it is two time bigger than it is suppose to be."
-(?)
"Curiousity killed the cat and satisfaction brought if back."
-(?)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:07 pm
"This is MURDER!
"It's not, it's ketchup!

-- Simon Pegg & Nick Frost in Hot Fuzz

Now whenever someone starts a "This is madness..." line, I yell "THIS IS KETCHUP!"  

FrivolousChaos

TaijimaNarumi

Bashful Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 am
User Image

((FrivolousChaos I love that movie!))

"So, let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you are completely sane?!" Rimmer (Red Dwarf)

(From The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series)

"Space," it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space."

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now.

"Forty-two," said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
"The Answer to the Great Question, of Life, the Universe and Everything"

The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Now it is such a bizarrely impossible coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the nonexistence of God. The argument goes something like this:
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," say Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't though of that" and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

Arthur: "Ford, I think I'm a sofa."
Ford: "I know how you feel."

♫♪♫I Could Fall In Love With You (German Top Remix)-Erasure♪♫♪

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:42 am
User Image

We have to believe in the power of imagination, because it's all we have, and ours is stronger then theirs-Super Furry Animals

"Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me... unless you throw a dictionary at me." Stephen Colbert

"I swear if this turns into a zombie attack, I am quitting!" Jack Carter (Eureka)

"There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)

♫♪♫You Surround Me-Erasure♪♫♪

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

TaijimaNarumi

Bashful Loiterer

sth the relinquished

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:28 am
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary code, and those who don't.

Okay, on a more serious note:
Merovingian: "Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?"

From The Matrix Reloaded.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces