Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Shaddaling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:06 pm
Burning Aces!
Aly'on of Brown Ihiannsith
HP:37-5=32-4= 26
Status Effect: Painful clean status next roll
XP:Base Stat: +6 to everything; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy:6
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina:6
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 6+3 = 9
Luck: 6+2 =8

low alt

Ihiannsith gave an unhappy squeaking noise as thread suddenly wrapped around his tail, having been focused on flaming and his pain and it took him a bit longer to blink between to freeze it. He came out more focused.

"You okay?"

he said uncertain but he could go on, which was the important part.

Roll 1 - 16 You appear from Between only to find yourself in the perfect spot to catch a sliver of Thread. You successfully flame it down easily. [+1 Target Accuracy]

Roll 2 - 10 Are you feeling lucky? Well you should! Free reply! Respond to this post with any action pertaining to Threadfall, and gain a little luck. [+1 Luck]

Roll 3-5 A small clump of Thread has fallen through! You successfully flame it down. [+1 Target Accuracy]

Roll 4-Oh no, look out! A small clump of thread broke through the ranks, and has managed to hit your and your dragon. It is an ugly tangle, and though you blink between, it's going to hurt! [Moderate Damage -5 HP. You are now flying with a Painful status effect. This will negate your next immediate rolls XP and double damage if the roll includes set damage (or has you roll for damage)

Roll 5-You're so focused on flaming Thread that you miss a clump of thread blows up on the wind -- beneath you! If a brown or bronze, your heavier size does cause your tail to get caught! [+1 Between Accuracy & Minor Damage - 2 HP!]/ 4 damage  
Smerdle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:05 pm
HURRICANE WING
H'win of Blue Suuth
( first wave / high altitude )
HP: 28
Status Effect: n/a
XP: 0
Target Accuracy: 6
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 6 + 1 = 7
Between Accuracy: 6 + 1 = 7
Instinct: 6 + 2 = 8
Luck: 6 + 1 = 7

On the way past, Suuth tried to breathe a gout of flame at the bits of thread, but once again, it didn't quite reach.

12. You try to flame down some Thread, but your flame comes up short. Whoops! Hopefully your Wingleader didn't see that. Nothing to be done about it now except eat some more firestone, and try to catch the next clump!
day one
one | two | three | four | five

Smerdle

Scamp

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:27 pm
HARBINGERS WING
Wingleader Z'tir of Bronze Siloth
HP: 46
Status Effect: N/A
XP:
Target Accuracy: 7/1
Flame Length: 7
General Stamina: 8
General Agility: 6/2
Between Accuracy: 6/1
Pain Resilience: 7
Instinct: 6
Luck: 6

Round 1, Roll 5 - BONUS SAVE POST!

Saved:
Quote:
Your dragon has a moment of true inspiration, and sends out encouragement to his or her wingmates. Encouragement Boon! Quote one of your wingmates and remove one status effect

Mnereth! Be strong! A lick of flame is no match for a Harbinger Blue! Siloth trumpeted, flaring his wings as he observed the imperiled Blue dragon. One of theirs would not be brought low so easily. Not today. Not on Siloth's watch.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:32 pm
Queen's Wing
Olliah of gold Fianth
HP: 42 - 7 - 5 // 30
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 8 (+1)
Flame Length: 6 (+1)
General Stamina: 9

Round 1 // Day 1 Rolls:
1. Rolled a 5 > Rolled a 2 > Took 7 Damage
2. Rolled a 4 > Took 5 Damage
3. Rolled a 8 > Fidgiting. [1/3 Roll. If 3rd time rolling, take Antsy!]
4. Rolled a 2 > +1 Target Accuracy
5. Rolled a 9 > +1 Flame Length

There was a moments quiet, allowing both rider and dragon to settle their nerves. Olliah still felt exhausted, tired already, but there was nothing that could be done. She'd missed enough Threadfall -- she would see this through.

We will see this through. Fianth confirmed.

The queen couldn't help but look up at the wings high above. Softly, with the gentlest of touches, so as not to surprise or distract, the Queen encouraged those of High Reaches Weyr.

You fight with determination, young Elzebuth. You do Pern a great services this day, even if it's down here with us Queens. You will make a fierce addition to the fighting wings!

Sweet Thanoth, what a joy it is to have you flying with us today. You're making quick work of that Thread and are so much more agile than I. Perhaps I'll need to learn some of your tricks if I'm to get through this day!

Hesperith, please, don't hesitate to let us know if you need us, or cannot return. If your rider is badly hurt, think nothing of it. We will carry forth! Mine will check on Yours as soon as we have landed!

You fly well today, Ariath, far better than I! I am glad to be flying with you and Yours this day, and am glad to have you at our Weyr. We will get through this day together!

Young Zenobiath, it is good to fly with you this day, and have you within our Wing. You and Yours will make a fine addition, of this I have no doubt.

Uridith, you are simply a natural while on Wing. Thank you for helping to keep an eye on things while Mine was out ill, and being such a strong asset to the Weyr. We're lucky to have you with us.

Krahsunjunth, my love, my heart! I know you are strong, and far more fierce than I ever could be, but my hearts do long to know you will be safe. Just as you will catch me if I fall, know that I am here to ease any wound you might not wish to bear alone. For you are not alone, and will never be alone, no matter the distance between us.... Never again.
She would simply not allow it.

[Apparently, Fianth has decided it is in part her duty to send encouragement to the Weyr dergs. Lovely lady cheerleader! Queen's Wing first...then we'll move on up I guess. xD ]

Kolina
@Ariath

ShinosBee
@Uridith, Krahsujunth, & Thanoth -- p.s. since Lestenna had an immune system of steel, I sort of figure she got help a bit more when Olliah almost bit it

Tsunake
@Elzebuth

Meepfur
@Hesperith

I think that's all of 'em currently. < <

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Smerdle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:33 pm
HURRICANE WING
H'win of Blue Suuth
( first wave / high altitude )
HP: 28
Status Effect: n/a
XP: [+1 Luck]
General Agility: 6 + 1 = 7
Between Accuracy: 6 + 1 = 7
Instinct: 6 + 2 = 8
Luck: 6 + 1 = 7

Seeing his dragon miss their target again, H'win managed to sigh mightily amid the chaos, his frustration finally overwhelming his fear.

I'm sorry, dear, came the equally exasperated voice in his mind. The wind is tricky today.

Don't apologize. We'll do—

H'win's comforting reply was cut short when a wayward clump streaked past just a few short feet away. Suuth abruptly dove for it, letting loose a gout of fire that seared it to powder in seconds.

We'll do better. He didn't bother hiding the smirk in his reply.

We will.

18. Are you feeling lucky? Well you should! Free reply! Respond to this post with any action pertaining to Threadfall, and gain a little luck. [+1 Luck]
day one
one | two | three | four | five

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:03 pm
The First Hour: Round 1, Part 2 Begins

First Wave is still fighting

Second Wave can continue socializing and preparing.

Candidates will have been assigned duties and tasks in the Weyrbowl, as well as in the Lower Caverns and the Infirmary. It's imperative they stay out from being underfoot of the weyrhealers and riders!

Rainstorm Wing aka The Tea Clutch. You're too little and too young to be assigned tasks and duties. Chances are, you're in the Barracks learning how to keep your dragon calm during high stress times of emotion. Your babies are still sensitive and likely easily distressed, so I can't imagine they are going to want them underfoot in the Weyrbowl. It's possible their morning or afternoon chores are going to be helping in the kitchens and areas that keep them away from the worst of the trauma and chaos.

- - - -

Current Hour: 1130

Current Location: Fghting over High Reaches Hold territory, west of the mountains and High Reaches Weyr. Will be covering some smaller cotholds, and plenty of minor holds. There will be foothills, as well as some forests, plains, and farm land.

High Altitude: Trespassers, Hurricane Wing, Aquila
Mid Altitude: Harbingers, Tsunami, Wing, Scorpius
Low Altitude: Burning Aces, Tornado Wing, Ophiuchus

Round 1, Part 2 Begins: Now!
Round 1 Ends: Tuesday May 1 @ 8:00pm ET

Remember, 5 rolls per day.
Saves can be held onto until the end of this Round!

Certain rolls do not count toward your total -- Queen's Catching Rolls, Firestone Runs for Weyrlings, Wingleader/Wingsecond rolls, figuring out how good or bad a scenario roll happens to be per instruction.

Keep track of your HP and your XP!
Quote people, and communicate, if you're going to save them, or if they have to take damage, etc.

Riders/characters can come and go as needed, even if you didn't post them. If you post them later, unless they're second wave, DO NOT SAY THEY CAME LATE. All riders are considered to be in their wings on time! There is no "late". Unless you're sick or injured, you will be fighting Thread with your wing. Joining in late OOCly doesn't mean your rider wasn't there -- they were just quiet.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:05 pm
HARBINGERS WING
Sam’kel of Blue Kinitarth
HP: 19/23
Status Effect: None
XP: (Base 6)
General Agility: 9
Between Accuracy: 7
Instinct: 7

A sudden surge of the wind beneath them sends Kinitarth struggling to stay in formation. Not again! The blue flounders in midair momentarily, shifting his wings to right himself. Yet as he finally slips back to his place, there is a noticeable twinge in his left shoulder every time he beats his wings. Not bad, but not entirely nice either.

“You okay Kini?” Sam’kel is a bit out of breath from the harsh battle of the thermal.

I will be fine. Only a twinge. With a defiant flap, he turns his gaze on ahead.

Round 1, Day 1 Rolls
1. +3 Target Accuracy
2. +3 Target Accuracy
3. Wingmate Damage Save
4. +3 Agility
5. +1 Between Accuracy

Round 1, Day 2 Rolls
1. -4 HP
ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:11 pm
TRESPASSERS WING
=Flying First Wave=
Tyila of Green Mishaath
Round 1-6
12(1)15 – 6 – 15
!!Fatigued 3/3!!
Roll: 9 - The wind is strong and trying hard to buffet you. If a green or blue you find yourself struggling against the wind. The wind is powerful this high up, and you have to struggle to keep in your airspace. Unfortunately, a strong gust blows through, and you find yourself blown right into a clump of Thread! Moderate Damage -4 HP
HP: 4/19
XP: 000
Target Accuracy: 3
Flame Length: 2
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 4
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 2
Luck: 4

She just couldn’t do it. This time when the wind snagged Mishaath, she just let it take her. She would circle low, land, and regroup...Or not. Her unaimed descent took the green right into a patch of thread she was simply too tired to flame, and that at last roused her from her stupor. With a shriek the tiny wind-tossed green vanished between, reappearing a moment later low over the weyr. She collapsed into the sandy bowl, skidding to a stop, wings splayed and frozen bits of thread crumbling off her flank as she worked to catch her breath.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:11 pm
TORNADO WING
Thella of Brown Lireloth
HP: 38
XP:
General Stamina: 10
Instinct: 7 (+1)

The pair turned their heads towards V'kenti and Takarath, the warning call finally registering in their minds. While they had been hit by the Thread they had been able to react quickly enough to have the cold of Between take away the danger.

Thank you Lireloth said with heartfelt sincerity to the duo as Thella gave a little wave of thanks. Without them she was sure it would have been a staggering blow.

Nilah44
Thanks for the save!

Now that danger had made itself known, Thella was on high alert. Something caught her attention and she turned just in time to spot another strand of Thread heading for them. This time, though, dragon and rider were in sync. With a quick blink Between and back, they were in a much better position to flame the silver devil out of the sky.

1/5  
Felyn rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:16 pm
Tornado Wing
K'ladan of Bronze Razasith
HP: 44
Status Effect: Tongue Bitten Effect (1 of 3)
XP: (+6 base; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 7
General Stamina: 9

I Need Some Firestone!

Annoyed with himself, Razasith let his temper smolder and tried his best to ignore the throbbing ache in his tongue. He didn't want to talk anymore and, for the moment, he was useless anyway. Knowing that he was low on firestone, K'ladan decided now was as good a time as any to flag down a Weyrling and replenish - he wanted his stores to be high before they swapped to High Altitude.

Let's restock and take a break.

They parted ways from the formation and swept down, heading back.

-x-

19. You're low on firestone! If you've already replenished recently (within the last 5 posts) you may you may choose to skip this roll and just do a general post for no XP. OR you can keep it and blame it on a faulty bag, or some other excuse for being without stone. Call for one of the weyrlings to send you another sack of stone! [Flag down a weyrling! Post this code in your next post and see if a weyrling can get to you!

(Day One, Round Two)
1/5: Firestone Restock
2/5:
3/5:
4/5:
5/5:

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:21 pm
HARBINGERS WING
Sam’kel of Blue Kinitarth
HP: 19/23
Status Effect: None
XP: (Base 6)
General Agility: 9
Instinct: 7

With a fresh mouthful of stone, Kinitarth near stalks the large clump that tumbles through the sky in front of them. His mouth opens wide, spitting a wide berth of fire towards the silvery tangled mess that dared to try to eat their home.

Yet the thermal from earlier had yet to leave them alone, taking what was left and pushing it through his flame--and straight towards Kinitarth’s face. In a rush, the pair blink Between, reappearing higher up to avoid a face full of spore. The remaining clump drifts down, towards the lower levels to be finished off.

That was close...

Round 1, Day 1 Rolls
1. +3 Target Accuracy
2. +3 Target Accuracy
3. Wingmate Damage Save
4. +3 Agility
5. +1 Between Accuracy

Round 1, Day 2 Rolls
1. -4 HP
2.+1 Between Accuracy
ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:21 pm
ASHLINGS WING
V'mel of Brown Aviroth
Round 1-6
8 – 10 – 2(2) – 10 – 14(2)
16 –
Roll: 16 - A whole lot of nothin'.... Kind of boring down here, isn't it? No, no, don't let yourself get distracted by daydreams, or thoughts of a certain someone. Hmm. A certain someone in wherhide pants. I mean, what?... bah!
HP: 40/40
Status Effect: +1 Between Accuracy
XP: 000
Target Accuracy: 8
General Stamina: 7
Pain Resilience: 7

V’mel kept a close eye as one of his blue trainees flew...well nearly right into thread in the process of delivering the firestone. That would happen, and he found their speed betweening acceptable. Next time they would be more cautious. Ducking Aviroth to check on the weyrlings in the queen’s wing, he gave Elzebuth a long considering look. His own brown seemed to think they were doing alright, for all the rough time they’d had the previous time up. Elzebuth was a passionate beast, but perhaps a bit dependent. Not that any dragon was really independent...but if G’ran lost consciousness again, he didn’t want to have to worry about a panicked brown of otherwise good quality going between. Going to waste.

Hmm. Given what he knew of the boy’s past and the expected trauma that place would leave...perhaps an order for a higher quality set of gear might be in order. Extra thick wherhide pants, and coat, to stave off the cold, if not the dark. A pity it might be needed, but G’ran himself seemed rather dependable. Yes, it would be a shame to lose that potential.

“Tsunake”
G’ran won the ‘thinking of someone in wherhide pants’ award neutral

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 8!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:23 pm
ASHLINGS WING
Ichta of Blue Aurinkoth
HP: 9/18
Status Effect: --
XP: (Base Stat - +1 to everything)(+5 to distribute to whatever I want)
Target Accuracy: +1
Flame Length: +3
General Stamina: +1 (+1 to apply at end of game)
General Agility: +2 (+2 to apply at end of game)
Between Accuracy: +2
Pain Resilience: +1
Instinct: +1 (+2 to apply at end of game)
Luck: +2

[1/5]

Will your back be okay? Ichta asked as Aurinkoth settled back in formation after the two had loaded back up on firestone (they'd be so good for a few runs!). The blue trilled to his rider. Of course and - oh! There's some Thread for us right there! he informed her quite happily as he dove to flame it.

The wind!

The clump suddenly was coming at them, and Aurinkoth twisted in the air to avoid it, his back throbbing somewhat unhappily for his effort, but he'd still go on just fine!  
demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:29 pm
HARBINGERS WING
E'mel of Blue Brieteth
HP: 16/24
XP: (+2 to all base stats) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +2
Flame Length: +2
General Stamina: +2 (+1 to apply at end of game!)
General Agility: +1 (+3 to apply at end of game!)
Between Accuracy: +3 (+1 to apply at end of game!)
Pain Resilience: +4
Instinct: +3
Luck: +2

[Mid Altitude]
[1/5]

Oh, Brieteth was trying to hard to fight against the wind, but it was so strong and blustery and OH! There was a cluster of thread coming for them! Not being quite ready to flame, however, Brieteth twisted to move out of the way - and pulled his already pulled wing a bit more.

E'mel frowned, his expression entirely serious as he mentally felt out the pain to soothe it with his mind. He was going to massage the sharding daylights out of his best boy's wing later!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:32 pm
TORNADO WING
G'lin of Green Neiveth
HP: 14/19
XP: (+2 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +3
Flame Length: +2
General Stamina: +2
General Agility: +3
Between Accuracy: +2
Pain Resilience: +2 (+1 to apply at end of game)
Instinct: +4 (+2 to apply at end of game)
Luck: +3

[Low Altitude]
[1/5]

Missed a spot! Neiveth teased one of the higher formations as a clump of thread made it to their safe low altitude, leaning her weight forward to soar down after it. Near immediately, however, she suddenly jerked, rolling out of her original pathway.

Neiveth? G'lin prodded, before noticing the clump of thread suddenly change directions. Oh! That would have been his dearest's face! And she did consider it one of her nicer features. Still, with her face out of harm's way, she safely flamed the offending bundle. Ha! Take that, thread!  
Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games