Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:43 pm
Raelin (HR)

Maybe that was what she needed to do after all: move. And someone jerking her out of herself was all the trigger she needed.

So what if it was a bronze? Raelin held her chin up and marched into the line of boys, perhaps forcefully making space if she had to. Most especially towards the candidate that bumped her before.

"Anxious newborn, more like," she replied, casually, as if she wasn't making a fool of herself for a pointless moment of pride. "We're all spread out, and he wants order to make things easier on him. It's logical."

Dizzy_Kat
im so sorry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:44 pm
Farellen watched from the healer tables, amused as the other bronze asked the candidates to make a line, he hadn't heard it but from the shuffling of candidates, he can only have assumed that's what had happened, after all the other goldish bronze had spoken to a broad range of people. He did wish they'd all hurry up and Impress though.. the sand was hot, the sun was hot, and he was here being able to sip at water, where the candidates down on the main beach, didn't have that luxury. He wondered if anyone would send people down with water for them. He glanced at the candidatemasters as well as the Gold mother and her People.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:44 pm
Esfir

So busy was Esfir admiring the various dragonets wandering about that she very nearly missed the small, polite voice asking everyone to move a little. Looking up in surprise, she saw a shy little bronze stepping forward and smiled. What a polite little thing! And as he had asked so nicely, she gave a nod to show she'd heard as she carefully glanced around and moved off to the side slightly where she would hopefully not be in his way.

"Good luck, little one," she murmured, hoping he would find His soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:47 pm
Ielin - HR Candidate

Ielin blinked as things started to roll out a bit smoother. This hatching seemed to dip and soar at points in activity. More impressions, good, good. The remaining little bronze on the sands had requested them to line up, and surely he meant the boys. With a gentle shuffle, and a scrub at his face once more to make sure there was no more sand sticking, he calming stepped toward to take his place in the line. It was no major task, hopefully the little bronze wouldn’t feel bad for one little request.

Ezyzu - Western Candidate

Was it okay? Oh, the brown! “Oh, it’s okay! He’s been getting attention from candidates, and seems pretty calm!” She gave the other candidate a little beam. “My name is Ezyzu!” At least she wouldn’t forget her manners this time..

Ezyzu turned, just as the little bronze left on the sands asked for candidates to line up. With a little wave, she smiled at Papys. “Good luck!”

demon_pachabel

Kyrieko

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:56 pm

As the little Bronze (and quite little indeed, when compared to his larger Brown brother!) made his way toward the now forming line, he flinched when he felt the rejections from the girls. They did not wish to make a line. Very... very well. That was fine.

Even if it was a trifle difficult to see everything from his vantage point.

Oh dear. Well, he was... chuffed to see them, really. Wasn't he? Attempting to put his best foot forward, he nearly tripped over that very foot, catching himself in a terribly clumsy way. Mortified, the Ducky Bronze carried on all the same, attempting to keep his humiliation to himself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:58 pm
Aly'on

He paused sensing a wave of distress from Ihiannsith that settled with barely a ripple in his conscious and a near soft content noise. What ever had spoked the brown had been handled.

"Mmh, of course I have no doubt they could lift but he would look rather fun having to tuck his knees in to ride." Aly'on gave a soft click of his tongue. "Well Western hatching was a mess for multiple reasons but the candidates not following rules was one of them."
Dizzy_Kat

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:58 pm
Zarike - HR
That was better! They had looked so stiff and upset a minute ago. Zarike shrugged and flashed her a quick smile. "Maybe so. Sure, It's not the most organized hatching ever but I like it! All the chaos and excitement. It's fun!" Zarike's face was beginning to turn quite pink in the sun and the sea breeze had made a flitters nest of his hair but he was having the time of his life. People were Impressing, there was a fair amount of drama but no serious bloodshed and the fact that they hadn't got to meet the dragons beforehand had shifted in his mind from worrying to exciting because of the sheer unpredictability of it all. Especially as it didn't seem to inhibit the hatchlings from finding suitable matches.

medigel
Raelin (HR)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:59 pm
Akaris

There was...a lot happening. The bright bronze pounced the candidate who'd apparently had disparaging thoughts about his mother causing her to gasp and close her eyes for a moment, until enough time had passed with no terrible noises that it was probably safe to look again. The brown cuddled his way around, the bright bronze Impressed, and the pale one...wanted a line?

She blinked at Rylyrr's question, but ultimately agreed, "I doubt he wants me, but...he didn't specify boys, so I hope he won't mind if I tag along."

Because she was not ready to be alone. So she'd line up with Rylyrr and cross her fingers that it wouldn't offend or somehow disturb the hatchling. He seemed very nice, and she would feel terrible if she upset him.

Shaddaling

Meepfur
Crew

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:03 pm
Rylyrr

Rylyrr smiled. "He really didn't specify so I think it probably going to be okay,"he said calmly, giving her a squeeze before separating. "He seems very gentle, doesn't he?" He scooted into the line near the end slightly, because he was tall and didn't want to over shadow anyone smaller and offered a hand again to Akaris to take if she wanted to.

Meepfur
Akaris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:04 pm
Vash - W

Vash barely got the chance to toss a smile at one candidate before the poor lad was moving to the line forming. That a cute little voice had requested. Glancing over, the redhead could only assume it was the bronze hatchling that asked. It brought a smile to her face and she gave the retreating candidate a wave and a quick, "Good luck!"

She turned her attention back to the other candidate that had hailed her over, offering a small shy smile. "That's good. That he's calm. And seems to just want attention." Her smile brightened more as the other was introduced. "Pleasure to meet you, Ezyzu! My name's Vash."

Looking back at the line forming, she couldn't help a small chuckle at the girls that felt they deserved to join in the line. "I have to say, I have yet to hear of a dragonet asking candidates to line up for them!" It was kind of amusing.

Prism Shine

demon_pachabel
Bahahahah! She has best timing, obvs |D

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:04 pm
[ r'ose and sahrawith ]

R'ose looked at the chubby green and back to her rider, clearly not amused with whatever it was she was trying to do. Sahrawith had considered taking a bit, he could feel the thoughts in her mind and in their bond, but the expression he sent her way had her shrinking back somewhat. It wasn't out of meanness, he assured her though a wave of affection, but rather she was full and he didn't want her feeling sick. "Sahrawith, let's get you oiled up before others get over here. It'll get crowded soon enough and I'm not really the type to enjoy people I don't like."

The green glanced at R'ose before turning away, her manner and mood clearly sulking. She wanted to eat more, R'ose had said no and she'd accepted it, but that didn't mean she would go quietly into the night. Well, day. The sun was up it was day and what did that matter? She was not going to let him think she's follow him without a fight, even then if he did ask her again she'd willingly go. Their bond was so fresh and new, so powerful, she didn't want to risk upsetting him and getting upset herself. "Sahrawith? You going to come, or do I need to lift you up?"

I'm waiting. Her reply was instant, and as soon as R'ose turned to move towards her the small green instantly hunkered down, tucking her wings and tail closer to her body. I'm not moving until she gets here. Two arms moved about her midsection to lift her up, and Sahrawith decided to make herself as heavy as possible. It didn't matter that her skin was itchy really bad, as was R'ose's if that other sensation was his; she was going to stick to her plan and she knew hers would actually appreciate it if he knew. But he wasn't going to know because she wasn't going to tell him.

Instead all her energy and effort went into being as immobile as possible, a literal rock on the ground against the struggling efforts of her bonded. She was definitely heavier than R'ose had expected, and a few swear words she decided to remember for later use were uttered in their shared mental link and out loud in the air.

"Shaffit, Sahrawith, get up. If you don't I'm going to drag you and I don't think it'd look for for anyone to have a new rider pulling his dragonet by the tail." There was a moment where the green stopped to look and see if she had her tail tucked (she did) and R'ose 'tsked at her calling his bluff. "SAHRAWITH WE ARE LITERALLY MOVING LESS THAN A YARD AWAY."

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. Uncaring of the thoughts of those around them, if the thoughts of anyone (except R'ose, but he'd understand when she arrived), Sahrawith remained huddled down, deciding this would be the sand she died on.

......figuratively.

Peppermint Coffee
feel free to.....respond

demon_pachabel
feel free to respond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:06 pm
Still unhappy, Mari lined up with the other boys to meet the bronze. Stupid Jagmund. Just because he’d Impressed a bronze didn’t mean he wasn’t wrong. He didn’t live in his brother’s shadow! He was doing his best. What if it wasn’t good enough? No, he’d promised Killa he’d go in confident. He’d Impress this time!

~~

“Line up?” Ionan echoed at the bronze’s request. He didn’t really want to leave Kinye. “Alright,” he said. “Be safe.” He went to line up with the others.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:08 pm
Raelin (HR)

"It's dangerous," she countered. Although to be fair, the only incident that had happened thus far was a candidate offending a dragonet and getting a scar as was his due. "This is a large batch of eggs and candidates, and it's all been very on the fly. We're lucky nothing more than that scratch earlier." At least one of the hatchlings had a semblance of sense, after the series of...interesting siblings.

As another girl joined the line of boys, Raelin gave her a small gesture of her head. Approval.

Dizzy_Kat
zarike

Meepfur
akaris (yes good join the party girl)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:09 pm
Rio

Rio was very much enjoying himself, and might well have sat down in the sand to better love on the brown, but his unImpressed bronze brother soon called for a line. And not in a demanding way at all, no, he seemed quite sweet! "Oh," the young man said, giving several more goodbye-and-I'm-sorry pats for good measure, "Your brother wants us to line up, so I'd better go do that. It's been so lovely to meet you, though, and my friends would be happy to keep you company, I'm sure!"

He nodded, smiled to the girls, and made to amble his way to the forming line. Not because he thought the little bronze was his, or should be, or was in some way better than the brown (not that the brown was better than the bronze, either, he was sure they were both excellent dragons!), but because he'd been asked.

Tsunake

DaisyMilk

The_Muffin_Puppy

BastetAmun

Meepfur
Crew

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:10 pm
Kambri (W)

His golden hand flexed slightly as the little dragonet bronze asked the candidates to line up so that it could find their lifemate. He stood up to comply with the order, his gaze focused on his hand that had been extended. Maybe dragonets really didn't like to cuddle? Or to be touched by anyone other than theirs? It was a thought he would need to ponder more later. Considering some of them had been getting up close and personal, he thought maybe one of them would enjoy a good knob rub or cuddle from someone who was willing to give one. "Maybe none of the dragonets here want to be cuddled by me." Unbidden, the thought entered his mind. That was a distinct possibility too.

Kambri's eyes lifted from his hand as he was startled out of his thoughts briefly when he heard the sand suddenly shift. It also dawned on him that his butt was on fire. Probably hadn't been a good idea to sit on the sand for so long. His eyes followed the little bronze as it tried to move past it's misstep and towards the candidates. His heart ached for the little bronze. His own cheeks reddened as he imagined himself in the same position. He would have been mortified. "You can do it." He encouraged in a whisper as he watched it move. While it was unlikely it would hear him, he couldn't help himself. He had to root for the little guy.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games