Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:11 pm
A sense of something filled Tarnaria. Her curiosity on what would happen with a girl Impressing a bronze was taking firmer hold. "I might actually..." She looked at the line, then hesitated. Should she? She glanced at those she recognized from High Reaches, where such a thing would surely cause a stir. Did she really dare it?

Lennoth lifted his head from where he'd been stretched out sunning himself, watching Tarnaria. P'tiusmine, that girl is a strange one.

P'tius' attention went from whatever thing he was looking at to the somewhat-hard-to-miss Tarnaria, watching with a raised eyebrow as she joined the line of boys. Perhaps... Or there's more to her than even she realizes. Not that he figured anything would come of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:12 pm
The Blue & White Patterned Blue was pleased when his brother decided to search with him. He followed the bronze closely, sizing up the men, and giving a small, fussy snort, at the girls. Hmph. This entire Hatching is a whole debacle. So far none of these boys are fair enough to tempt me. He gave a look at the boys who did line up, and huffed and puffed his way down.

His conversation was only for his beloved brother to hear. He would never be caught saying such rude things in public. No, this blue was too polite. Still, he delicately picked his way, keeping one eye on his brother, and one eye on the Candidates.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:13 pm
[ soui ]

There was a strong desire to tell the candidate he'd brought this on himself, based on his tone and general mannerisms, but Soui had to stay professional and mature. It really wasn't like he'd asked to be mauled, despite being fairly warned (as the voice had told all of them) and so she just...silently judged. It was fairly easy for her, not to mention his wounds were hardly like any she'd seen from the last hatching, so her sympathy was there but in a small amount. "Make sure you're drinking slowly. I don't think you candidates realized just how much you're sweating out there and how close several of you are towards exhaustion." The water had just the tiniest bit of salt in it, to help replenish, and Soui had had the thinking to bring a jug with her to refill his cup as needed.

"Do you want anything to eat as well? We have a few small things for those who get stomach sick. Did you eat anything before coming here?"

Revel1984

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:15 pm
P'rell - HR

P'rell stiffled a giggle at that mental image. "Ok. Yeah. Point made." That bulky green might have made a good match of him had she not already chosen another. Too bad.

"I've actually only seen a handful of clutches. Venaith found me my first time on the Sands and we only came back when Thread fell again. I heard it was particularly bloody?"

Shaddaling
Aly'on

Zarike

"Standing is always dangerous. Doesn't matter if we're on the Hatching Sands or an isolated island. Shells, I've even heard of people getting nipped by firelizards." He winced a little as the bronze tripped. Poor fella didn't seem to be having as good of a time as Zarike was.

"Being on the sands in the middle of a weyr didn't stop that Western clutch being a nightmare. And hey, If you're not up for a bit of risk then why are you standing in line for a bronze?" He winked and waggled his eyebrows at her playfully. Seems he hadn't been the only one who'd considered impressing a dragon that was supposedly out of reach.

medigel

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:20 pm
"thanks" he mumbled when he was brought some water over, he was so DONE with this hatching, he almost wished he hadn't come but deep down he knew he wanted to stay, knew it was his own fault but refusing to admit to himself. He watched the other bronze make the candidates line up, watching as he and his blue brother walked down, eyeing the candidates. He sighed, closing his eyes, pressing fingers and pinching the bridge of his nose "no thanks, not hungry" he rasped in his tight, strained voice. He was just glad he was in the shade for a little while, and sitting down ... he sighed again and carried on watching the candidates and the dragonets, as well as eggs yet to hatch .... keeping thoughts totally to himself now. Being here was just painful, emotionally as well as physically, all this place needed was some huts and he was home... and it hurt.. it hurt him deep inside, but refusing to put up with the stupid feelings, pushing it down and turning it to anger and bitterness.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:22 pm

I'm afraid I still haven't found Mine, Ducky told his brother fretfully, as he continued to make his way along the line. Each boy or girl got a gentle sniff, as he attempted to ascertain whether they were the one.

Eyes whirling a worried yellow, he picked his way delicately through. At Kambri's kind thoughts, the Bronze gave a warble of gratitude, and when he reached the boy, he took a moment to give him a nuzzle of thanks.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:29 pm
Aly'on

"Ooh, Ihiaansith and I was much the same. We found each other during the first time I stood. Same with my elder brother... "not that such luck continued down and Aly'on rolled his shoulders trying to dispel any negative thoughts. He worried though.

"The queen, Viamiath? I am not sure if I remembered her name right, her rider had fallen ill and the queen followed being distress and .... yes." He trailed off, sighing. "It was very bloody."

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell - HR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:29 pm
————Zelaya———

At the bronze's call to line up, Zelaya paused in her thinking. "...Father? He's called out and...well. Should I go down there?" It was a bronze, but...he'd asked so very nicely. And the whole reason she'd even come to the weyr was because a bronze had asked nicely.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:30 pm
Raelin (HR)

Raelin raised her brow at him in response, unimpressed. Well, then again she always was.

"There's no risk unless you bring it on yourself like a deadglow," she said dismissively as she wiped some sweat off her brow. It stung a little. Shards. She was going to leave with a sunburn regardless of what happened. "Besides, sometimes traditions should be challenged. They're not laws."

She could see another girl deciding to join the fray and gave her an encouraging nod. Besides, maybe the more they lined up, the faster this would all go.

As one of the dragons passed by, she slowly let her hand extend to let him take a sniff. There's no rush, little thing. We're all here for you. Well, literally and metaphorically. She tried to sound gentle rather than matter of fact.

xDizzy_Kat
zarike

xAndranis
quick little thing to tarnaria

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:32 pm
[ soui ]

"You know you can stop sulking and whining at any time right?" Soui had been watching his face, studying his expressions, and she was deciding that perhaps he was going too far with whatever this was. "You're scratched up, not dead, and last I knew anyone who isn't dead could still Impress." The healer squatted down, resting on the balls of her feet. "Sulking isn't going to win you a dragon, not if they're so emotionally keen right now. What if you acting negative, again, is what is preventing you from anything?"

This was her attempt at a pep talk, believe it or not. Tough love was just as good as normal love, especially when the person in question just seemed to be beating themselves up over something that could be considered minor trouble. "Also if you're so stressed, why not think lovely thoughts towards the dragonets on the sands? They can find you no matter where you are, right? Think happy thoughts or just curl up and go to sleep. We'll need your cot later for someone who is actually hurt." She really, really was trying to talk him into thinking positive thoughts, thinking that he was still worth something. It broke her heart to see someone so sad here, on a happy day, and so the little girl sent a message of her own to the sands.

Anyone out there, don't forget the boy over here. He loves you just as much as the rest of them do, so make sure you think about him.

Revel1984
she's trying to be friendly in her own way

Mx Cherie
thinking towards dragons

Uta
thinking towards dragons

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:34 pm
Trying to be quiet, but his heart jumping out of his chest all the same, Kambri inhaled when the bronze approached and gave him a nuzzle. A nuzzle. He didn't want to spook the dragonet further, so he maintained his position, but the tears that briefly gathered in his eyes at the profound amount of happiness the boy was experiencing was a fairly good indication of how he felt. It was such a kind little thing. He smiled down at it and wished it, and it's brother, luck. Internally, Kambri felt as if his heart was about to burst. He could hold it together until the end of the hatching he promised himself. "There has never been anyone luckier." He thought as his eyes wandered over the dragonet's forms. He hoped that they would find their's quickly. Were they standing in the line? Or had they been pushed further back? Kambri wanted to look behind him to see, but didn't want to startle the bronze in the process.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:38 pm
Adar - HRW

She counted herself lucky that she was able to wolf down her food before the call went up of this hatching out of Fort. The heat was more than she was expecting and kept absently fiddling with the sleeves of her robes. Adar occasionally spared a glance over toward her elder brother, who fortunately wasn't looking as pallid as he had been when she first saw him sit down, but occupied her mind most with keeping an eye on the eggs and emerging dragonets. The hatchlings seemed mostly to be pretty energetic, mobile. That was good! That meant they were healthy, spirited youngsters. She was wary of any more worked up dragonets. She wanted to avoid getting mauled if she could. Man, that'd be some letter home. The two brothers moving among the candidates together brought a smile to her face.

Haizea - Western

Haizea was trying to keep up with who all Impressed, if she recognized them. So far, only about half. Good looking bunch so far! The handsome brown's strutting made tickled her. He knew what he was about! It seemed there were some choosy dragons out there, taking their time. There was no rush. Being out here, she imagined that they didn't get a touching or anything, so they were having to feel everything out as they went.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:39 pm

Watching the spectacle on the sand, it was clear to Z'tir what the little dragonet intended. "You may go, Zelaya. It is only polite."

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:40 pm
Rokar GLARED at Soui "I'm not whining, did i say ONCE anything to do with dragons?" he snapped, standing up, not to be intimidating but annnoyed. "I am not 'sulking' as you put it, you have no idea why i am feeling the way i'm feeling so don't presume to know why my mood isn't all sunshine and rainbows" he grumbled, his voice not exactly yelling, since he really couldn't anymore since the illness he'd had but it was clear, despite it's strained squeak, he was raising his voice a bit. At that he walked off, setting down the cup of water, walking to the edge of the sand, where people were still gathered but away from the dragons, away from the healer who thought she knew why he was feeling the way he was. all the bitterness at being torn from what he'd loved, from the imagined or not, taunting from the men where he'd lived with his family... the beach was too close, he shouldn't have come.... but now he was here and there were dragons on the sand and eggs unhatched, he couldn't leave either... ugh... He sat on a shaded spot so it wasn't too hot, and put his arms around his knees, hiding his head between his arms, trying not to cry, he WOULDN'T cry....

houllow

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:42 pm
P'rell

"Shells..." P'rell breathed. What an unpleasant situation. He shook his head and mentally turned from the dark conversation. "Is your whole family riders?"

Venaith's eyes whirled as he watched the young bronze and blue hatchlings organize the candidates. P'rell could feel the waves of approval radiating off the large dragon. Of course he'd like those two.

Shaddaling
Aly'on

Zarike

Zarike laughed. He liked this girl! "Cheers to that! Well Ms. Future Bronze Rider if you plan on breaking any more long standing traditions I hope you might consider letting me in on the fun." He made a short teasing bow to her, straightening up as the pair of dragonets came close.

In spite of his support of Raelin, his breath quickened as the bronze sniffed his sandy robes. Oh that he or the blue would choose him! His heart raced.

medigel
Raelin

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games