Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:29 pm
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
A loud 'crack!' caught the woman's attention, and she allowed her gaze to stray from the still-wandering dragonets towards the few remaining eggs. Sooner or later they'd have to come out of their shells, just like with all living things when the time to be born came. It was funny, really, how some hatchings were rapid, and others slow. Distantly she wondered just what dictated the order of the eggs cracking. Was it the same order they'd been laid in? Maybe one day, if she had the luck to ride a gold, or to be close to someone who did, she'd be able to ask and find out. It was an amusing thought, at least; a brief time-passer to dwell on while she waited. She was right here, after all, should any of them want her, or need her to move aside.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:30 pm
Yaguareth

She'd heard enough.

You are surrounded by those that can hear your thoughts, Yaguareth's tone was even as she spoke directly to Maishel, having decided that enough? It was enough. If you are displeased that you must be here to witness anything, Mine and I would be happy to step away from this momentous occasion to take you home - as you are so ready to go there and speak of us with no understanding.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:36 pm
Whren- High reaches Weyr - he/ Him

He managed to keep his face from twitching in a grimace as the mauling happened. It was an accident, a series of unfortunate events and it was a unfortunate injury. Whren hope the candidate was alright, and that it was not a gut wound as it seemed to be. He hadn't been close enough to truly see but had caught sight of the candidate and general idea of the location.

There was danger with gut wound but they also had healers on hands so he hoped her, him, them? The best in recovering.

Five dragon had impressed and that left still a lot on the sands, moving around and exploring and four eggs left... and one was just starting to move.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:37 pm
Zh'gan aand Bronze Manahahtath

"Zh'gan," the new bronzerider answered Fahn's introduction, not reaching to shake her hand, though now he reached for a cloth on the table to wipe his own. "Welcome to Western," he offered. "Maybe a little different than you're used to, but it looks like you're going to settle right in." His stomach growled loudly, as if it wanted attention too. He grimaced. "Sorry. I was trying not to think about my stomach."

You will have to think about it if you want a fair chance at food of your own, Mine. I think this would only make you unhappy. Alenciath, I saw you out there after you hatched. Yours is right. You are very fast. One day, I like to see if I can keep up with you.

When R'thell and Triesteth came to the table at last, Zh'gan straightened. "Is she feeling better now? That was a nasty tumble."

Manahahtath turned to look at Triesteth too, and he stopped chewing to offer her a low-pitched croon. Little sister. It was very kind of you to keep me company while I waited for Mine to come. Which he hadn't, but he'd made himself known eventually and that was all that mattered now. I am sorry you were injured, and I hope your wing heals well. If you need help until it does, ask me and I will do what I can.

demom_pachabel

Uta

Meepfur

faesinger

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:38 pm
Halvor

The green that had said the candidates were strong was indeed a strong dragonet. He had to admit, he agreed. If the candidate died then it was unlikely they were meant for any of them. Then again, how many times had a candidate died and a dragonet gone between? Only the strongest survived? His own life showed that. He wasn’t sure if he liked that or not. Truthful or not. Green Striped Pink may have a valid point. He wondered why she thought so. Halvor watched as the Orange Galaxy disappeared, having not caught the brown before now. Well, that was an interesting one. Based on the dragonets out on the sands still, he leaned towards the brown that stayed hidden and only chose to make its presence known when it was needed. Then again, he kept coming back to this green that would fight when called for. The gentle green from before had a good impression, beautiful even, and he felt relief that he was not meant for her. As much as he could help a dragonet learn to be bolder, stronger, tougher, maybe that wasn’t the right thing? It was hard for the young man to sift through what he’d been molded into by circumstances and who he was beyond that. He could never be weak or vulnerable, but could he be softer? He didn’t think so.

“No, I think she does but thinks that if a candidate can’t take a little roughing up they don’t belong here. Or with her.” He replied to Sabile. “I can’t blame her.” He added, having to admit there was some truth to that. One day they’d be out fighting, if they couldn’t handle what the dragonet dolled out, how would they handle life as a dragonrider. “She has a point.”

He grunted in slight agreement with Sabile about the condition of the brown and green. “Guess we’ll see when this is all done.” He moved a little out of the way so he was no longer blocking Sabile and Lelte. It was hard for him to break from his life before. He was used to being just another body. One used to protect his betters. Halvor ground his teeth as he realized that. Still so much work to be done. His attention snagged on the egg that had cracked but not yet revealed the dragonet inside. Guess that baby dragon wasn’t ready yet.

”Dea and #Teddy#”

”dawns_aura”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Orange Leopard Spot Green tentatively approached her sullen sister, sending her nothing but waves of love. She reached out to nuzzle her ever so tenderly, half-spreading a wing over her. There, there. It's all right. I know you didn't mean to cause such a scene, and it would have been easier if everyone had simply listened. Shall we look at Candidates together? We don't have to go far--we can look at them from here. She encouraged, settling down with the little green ball, and turning her eyes over those with white robes.

Surely, she could spot Hers somewhere.... Not that Hers wasn't worth going to. But her clutchmate needed her right now, and it was far easier to have them come to her. She had thought she'd saw someone interesting earlier... Now where might they be among the masses?

Mr Cheri

Blue Teal Glow had missed the entire kerfluffle. While his siblings and Candidates were in a row at one end of the Hatching Groudns, this blue was still fascinated by everything. He'd found a shoe on one Candidate, and a lot more sand. Sand was just... everywhere, and it was, quite frankly, amazing. The world was so big. He finally got to The End Of The World and sat down, amazed, by the far edge of the Sands.

Life was just...

Amazing.

He was thoroughly Impressed, but also thoroughly tired. And hungry. Did the world have food? Glancing thoughtfully down, he took a little lick at the Sand and ... nope, nope, nope--not good, ew. Licking his muzzle, trying hard to get the crunchy stuff off his tongue, his eyes turned a bit yellow-orange in disgust. Definitely not food... But still pretty amazing.

Now.

Where was His to share in it? He didn't actually want to be here alone.

Meanwhile, Sunset Egg finally gave another crack, and out spilled a very blue dragon. Toppling clumsily onto the Sands, he gave a small squawk in surprise, but didn't bother getting up from the pile he now found himself in. Instead, he gave a stretch, before rolling right onto his back, tummy displayed, legs half curled, wings spread... And gave a happy sigh.

Yep.

This was the life.

Anyone within the vacinity of this blue would feel a nice, easy-going wave of relaxation.

Life was good.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Spockat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:48 pm
K’ent of green Cyxiiryniadrith

K’ent shifted a bit in his seat. Stands impressions were such a rare thing. Did he offer a word of encouragement? Or would he be feeding into a dangerous bit of hurt Isk might be cleaving to? He opted for a gentle “Only the dragons know where and who Theirs are, you never know”. Cyxiiryniadrith watched over them with an eye gleaming with love. Certainly only dragons knew, and man and like could only wonder.

Now, now there was the juicy gossip that He knew the harper was holding onto. “Really - does this brother look like you? A pity he didn’t leave High Reaches - I would have been keen to say hello.”

Silverlutz

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:48 pm
Maishel

Maishel raised an eyebrow as a voice came into her mind, one that seemed just as sure as the ones before that in telling her something something about her thoughts and oh no, how dare she have them. Apparently she must have been thinking way louder than anyone else in the stands for her to be picked out like this, as she really hadn't been speaking to anyone in general and had been content to keep her thoughts to herself (since there was no one around to listen).

Clearly she couldn't even do that since it seemed like all the dragons here in Western (she assumed it was a dragon, unless somehow a human learned to mind speak) listened in to the thoughts of others like they were torches blazing in the night. Were they all really so bored that they stopped in to listen to random folks in the stands, rather than the thoughts of, say, the Candidates on the sands? It's not like she was cheering for the death of any dragon, she was simply wondering why. Was that not even something she was allowed?

Sadly, for whomever had decided to speak with her and give a polite offer, Maishel doubled down. Her pride and stubbornness activated themselves in rare form, and a sickening smile of thin lips and narrowed eyes would be the facial response. She wasn't going anywhere, she was here to watch and Faranth forbid, have opinions over things she'd never seen before.

Sorry she was't Weyrborn and Bred to know exactly what to expect every time from an event she was witnessing for the first time ever (and likely last, if whomever was lambasting her had their way). All she'd been told before her arrival was that she would be watching a hatching. Perhaps if she was being so upsetting they should hand out small scrolls at the beginning, to instruct the visitors how to think? Certainly it would be better for everyone! Why, she'd even volunteer to be a test subject on how effective it could be!

What a pleasure to be here to witness everything!

demon_pachabel
she didn't really think back specifically more like a random stream ahh sorry about her you activated her Trap Card

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:55 pm
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

"Doing fine. Things are moving along and seem calm now...I'm glad for i-" She was cut short from her statement with the arrival of Sunset blue and the wave of relaxation and calm. Oh....That was a lovely feeling. That Blue seemed to be having the best day of his life...Aelyx couldn't help but smile.

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:56 pm
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
She still happened to be watching when the sunset egg split, and spilled an entirely tranquil-looking blue onto the sands. Belly-up, sprawled like he was there to relax and bask, he looked utterly at ease... and you know, funny thing that it was, Finnisa felt a bit of her own anxiety go bleeding out. Maybe... things were gonna be alright. Yeah. Things were pretty calm now, and a thread of tension that had strung itself across her shoulders went slacker, slacker, nearly gone but not quite. She still kept an eye on the others, glancing this way and that between all the roving hatchlings... but she certainly had an easier time of keeping her thoughts calm and collected now, for some reason. It was all gonna be fine, right?  

ShinosBee

Nerd

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:59 pm
Dextelia-High Reaches

A little blue toppled out of the Sunset egg and just laid there, stretching out and just relaxing. A smile formed on her lips as a soft giggle escaped her, the little blue just seemed to content and it was cute seeing it laying there with his legs up, with his belly exposed like that she couldn't help but want to gently pet it either. Goodness, she never really knew a little dragon could be so cute.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 pm
Sivu - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
There they were! Sunset egg had hatched into a blue. Sivu leaned into the comforting wave of relaxation, thinking himself in the soft sunshine rather than the harsh heat of the sands. He was swept up in the gentleness. How sweet it was the the little green was helping one of their siblings - after a the bit of clawing, stomping...egg rolling, it was as sweet as the sunshine he wished to be laying in.

Loctius - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
Loctius could really do with a rest - a nice cool breeze going, and some shade. He felt soothed to his core. High alert from earlier soothing. The nervousness that dogged him a bit deeper evaporated into thin air. Now this, was completely awesome. He gave a lazy smile, content. He lowered his crossed arms, letting them hang loosely at his sides. Even the hot sand under his feet didn’t seem so annoying.  

Spockat

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:01 pm
Kleoth

The Queen had been watching the sands intently, silently urging the little darlings to find Theirs. It pained her to see them fight, but had her own Hatching not had its share of squabbling? No one wanted injuries, but when one hatched into the world without Theirs at their side... She sometimes felt as though humans did not quite understand how that felt, as a newly hatched dragon. To know you were incomplete, to experience emotions so sharply that it was almost painful.... No, she would never blame any young dragon for not understanding the full weight of their actions in such a vulnerable state.

Her eyes briefly flared red, and she shifted briefly with irritation before focusing on her companion. Are they not lovely? We must offer our congratulations later! Such a strong, healthy clutch! She was still concerned about that injured wing, but she also trusted that it would be tended to with the best possible care.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:02 pm
Amahno

His little friend had ventured so far away now and Amahno had all but forgotten the rest of the little babies roaming the sands to watch as Teal Glow blue got farther and farther away.

Would he be coming back? Or would someone else be making an adventure across the sands to meet him?

"You've traveled so far, little friend. Who will join you?"  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:03 pm
Rian - she/her - HR

One of little greens that had gotten caught up in that mess earlier was huddled up, terribly upset and one of her sisters was trying very hard to soothe her. Poor dears; Impression would soothe all hurt feelings soon enough, Rian was sure, but it was just precious that they were taking care of each other, too. What darlings this clutch had, and she hoped they would feel better soon so they could go about finding theirs --- shards, if only she could help one of them find Theirs, but some things just had to happen on their own.

...Not that she wouldn't try anyway, if she wasn't doing her best to be on good behavior. She was a guest, after all, and while she personally didn't have much stake in her Weyr's reputation, she still wanted to be sure she did well by it. To do anything less was just... not right, somehow.

And while she was watching the sisters, Sunset egg hatched, and--- oh, wow, what a thoroughly relaxed little blue. He seemed content to just sprawl out in the sand and take a nap right there. Well, if that's what he wanted to do, that was fine --- he'd only just hatched, after all!  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games