Reply Teepees
[IC] =Vashtya's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soquili

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:01 pm
Soquili had heard that Vash and Lakota were building a new teepee so she decided to come over to see how things were going.

"Wow! Excellent work. smile I've brought you a teepee-warming gift!" Soquili said with a smile and threw down a handmade indian rug, "I made it myself! I hope you will enjoy!"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:45 am
((EEETHANKYOUSOQUILI! such a pretty rug! *.* heart heart ))

Lakota-Kourin RP (to be continued...)

Vashtya Elf: Lakota whuffed contentedly, trotting through the trees that lined the shores of the river he lived on. Today, he'd decided, was a good day to see if he couldn't find a pretty flower for Tabitha. The sun was shining brightly, and contributed to his cheery mood.

m Icebox c: She was quickly growing bored of spending her days alone. Taima had seemingly disappeared, and she'd had only brief encounters with Ayita and Kamaria. Outside that, her interaction had been non-existant, and she was running out of ways to keep herself entertained. Granted, Hiabi provided her fair share of company, but Kourin... wanted something more. She wanted to see other Soquili from time to time, and already she was feeling deprived.

That's probably why she was pacing the banks of the river. Again. Despite the walk being what was probably her hundredth for the month, it still contented her. The breeze rolling over the water, cooled by its surface never ceased to refresh her, and she had a difficult time feeling anything but relaxed as she peered at the sun reflecting merrily on the glassy, rippled surface. Bored or not, the day was perfect, and all was well. She couldn't complain much.

Vashtya Elf: Lakota froze, hearing something move by the river. Carefully, he crept forward, peering curiously through the trees and hoping that it wasn't anything dangerous. As he brushed aside a stray leaf with his nose, he spotted Kourin, and immediately relaxed, pushing forward to make himself visible. Even as he did so, he whickered a greeting. "Hello!" His neck was arched, and his eyes positively sparkling--he loved meeting other soquili, and something about this mare piqued at his curiosity--she'd looked almost poignant, staring at the water.

m Icebox c: She had been doing that a lot lately. Dozing off, that is. - Getting lost in some plane of thought that caused her mind to drift and her alterness to waver. Kourin kept telling herself she needed to pay more attention, but her concience didn't seem to be listening. It had persisted a while now, after all. It was just that she hated being approached without having even the faintest clue, and it made her feel positively inept and embarassed when it happened... And it always did.

Always. "Hm?" Her mind snapped back to attention, and she craned her neck to glance in the direction she had suspected the call to have come from. "Hello." Kourin's ears pricked forward as she observed him. This was someone she had never seen before. New tended to mean interesting, and interesting made a smile find its place on her muzzle. "I'm Kourin. You are?"

Vashtya Elf: Bobbing his head in a less formalized form of greeting, Lakota smiled back. "I am Lakota. It's nice to meet you, Kourin." He looked upstream and downstream idly, curious as to where she'd come from--it wasn't particularly important, but he WAS curious by nature. "Are you looking for someone?" he asked, an expression of vague concern flicking across his face.

m Icebox c: "Likewise." This was mostly formality. She knew it sounded hollow, and didn't care for it, but didn't really see a way around it either. Anything she said with similar intent would have felt meaningless. "Not unless you happen to know who it is that keeps stealing my thoughts and hiding them in far away places." Kourin followed his gaze briefly, and after a moment had a reasonably good guess at what it was he had on his mind. "That way." She motioned upstream with the tilt of her head, and flicked her tail idly.

Vashtya Elf: "....ah." he replied, eyes twinkling. "So I take it you have a lot on your mind, then? I can leave, if you want..." he pawed at the ground, looking a bit awkward. "I mean, I don't want to interrupt your thinking..." he tossed his head, causing skeins of hair to flutter lightly.

m Icebox c: That had taken her aback, and her ears folded instinctively. "No, it's not like that." She stopped mid thought and tried to establish what exactly it was she was attempting to say. "You're not bothering me." Kourin fixed him with a steady gaze and a reassuring nod. "I don't think, I daydream. Interrupting that is doing me a favor more than anything."

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:36 pm
Draculas Babe
Cyrus pokes around after Taima and himself had visited the lake. He wasn't pooped after all he wasn't that old even if Taima had said. After all he had watched Taima grow up aswell as Lakota. And even Zephi. He sighed in his own discomfert. Now he really felt like an old fart. (lol) He walked around boredly and gloomily.

Vashtya][size=10][color=#663600]Lakota trotted about cheerfully, having abandoned Vash to his own devices (more like Vash had disappeared to do some hunting, and the stallion was now bored half out of his mind XD). He hadn't seen Tabitha in..quite some time, and the craving for the companionship of other soquilis had him raising his head to sniff at the air curiously.[/color][/size][/quote]

[quote="Draculas Babe
Cyrus paused gloomily, his ears flicked backward. He turned and seen Lakota trotting around. He nickered to Lakota. He wandered over to him quite gloomily. He looked at Lakota and fake smiled. "Hey."

TormentedAngie
Miakoda glanced over her shoulder, trotting with her tail held high, away from Kanawea's teepee. Finally she was away from that overbearing woman, and on her own. Ever since she'd emerged from the basket, all Kana had done was dote over Mia, making sure she was okay. Now that the filly was sturdy and able on her own legs, she wanted nothing more than to get away and see the world, without having a ball and chain holding her back. Kicking up her heels, the filly lowered her head and barreled forward, a shrill whinny piercing the air around her, announcing her arrival. The troublemaker had appeared...

Leonis
He looks up seeing a far younger horse he would make his way over scooping up the honey crystals and the apple and walking towards the young foal the apple and honey crystal rather obviously displayed.

Harperking
Anpo sat in her favorite spot on the hillside, watching the skies and listening to the sounds of the wind and the village. As she let her thoughts wander, she heard the high pitched whinny of a young soquili. Her breath caught at the sound - someone was certainly happy to greet the day! The young Sioux warrior smiled at the thought f so much joy.

Vashtya
Lakota whickered in return, tossing his head. It had been ages since he'd last seen Cyrus--and the elder stallion was looking hale, hearty, and...rather under the weather. "Are you okay?" he whinnied, tilting his head slightly to the side.

Even as the words left his mouth, a rather...youthful trumpeting filled the air. What the...? his ears pricked towards the sound, and he stomped once, as if trying to decide what to do next.

Draculas Babe
"I'm old." he said rather half heartidly. He let himself fall to the ground. Cyrus had never acted this way before not even in front of Lily. It wasn't Taima's fault he just made himself realize that he was older than most. He ignored what Lakota had been listening to.

TormentedAngie
Mia kicked up her heels once more as she raced across the plains. Another high pitched squeal slipped past her muzzle, she didn't care if Kana could hear her or not, she was FREE! For now at least. The young filly darted first one direction, then another, before something caught her eye. Stopping abruptly, the youngster snorted heavily, sidestepping away from the human, keeping a good distance between herself and this stranger. She just got away from Kanawea, she sure as heck wasn't going to wander up to another of those two-leggers. Snorting once more, the filly darted off again, away from the apple bearer.

Trumpeting her freedom to the skies, Miakoda reared up on her hind legs, pawing at the air with her flinty little hoooves, daring the clouds to race her, before wheeling around and darting off in yet another direction.

Vashtya
Lakota turned back to Cyrus, his nose wrinkling with concern. After gazing down at the other stallion for a second, he snorted. "That's just plain ridiculous. Yes, you're older than the rest of us, but you're far from being ready to be put out to pasture..." he stomped again, tail swishing in annoyance. He didn't know what had brought on Cyrus' depression, but it concerned him.

All the while, as he continued to focus most of his attention on his friend, his ears flicked back and forth, and he could have sworn there was something...vaguely familiar about that whinny...

Harperking
Anpo laughed as she watched the young one race through the village. This one was going to live life to the fullest, she could see that already! Reaching into her belt pouch she pulled out a small piece of wood and a sharp stone carving tool. Humming to herself, she began working on a image of the soquili from her Vision.

Draculas Babe
"Whats wrong," he quit paying attention to himself and back to Lakota. "Is something wrong?" He looked around, the land was bear except for a couple trees. He looked at Lakota strangly. He flicked his mane back and forth in boredom and curiousity.

TormentedAngie
Keeping herself well away from the two-legger, Mia pulled up short, perking her ears up, listening to the world around her. It wasn't but a moment once more before the young filly shot off like a bullet, streaking away from the two-legger, away from the village, and closer to freedom. It was certain she wouldn't go far from the village, she did indeed care for Kana in the fact that the young woman gave her treats to eat, but right now the chance to kick up her heels and enjoy herself was more overwhelming. And she sure wasn't gonna let another two-legger ruin that for her.

Her piston-like legs carried her forward, closer to Lakota and Cyrus.

Vashtya

Lakota shook his head. "Nothing...wrong. But don't you hear it? There's...a young one, I think...nearby. Would you like to go with me to introduce ourselves?" he whickered mischieviously, eyes twinkling.

His eyes widened slightly as a pale flash of horseflesh darted into his range of sight. "I want whatever she's had." he only half-joked--gone were those days for him, also...

Leonis
He sighs and then pockets the apple muttering softly and muttering ill will and attempting to place a light curse upon the horse and its owner.. nothing terribly serious... but bad enough to be an annoyance for awhile. He turned his head to the sky and began to gaze for a bird or two to call down.

Draculas Babe
Cyrus nodded slightly and got up with ease. He shook a few random leaves which had started piling on him when he had been sulking. He flicked his tail once and looked at Lakota ready to go. He tilted his head at the small foal.

TormentedAngie
Mia, feeling sufficently distanced from the two-legger, halted in a cloud of dust, before sinking to her knees and rolling over on her back. Wiggling bag and forth, all four legs flying in the air, the filly rolled around in the dirt, pausing only to whinny shrilly once more. After a moment more of rolling, the youngster rolled back to her feet and lurched upwards, lowering her head to shake the dust off. It was indeed a good day to be out!

Vashtya
Lakota chuckled. Something really familiar about this one... shaking his head, he butted happily at Cyrus before trotting in the foal's direction. "I wonder where her dam and sire are...or her human bonded..." he murmured, his voice almost inaudible.

Draculas Babe
"She acts like you, Lakota. I mean...when you were a foal that is. Spunky and cocky. But weary at first if I remember, correctly." he smiled at Lakota. "I haven't caught up with you lately have I?"

Talencia
((ROFL, would you guys PLEASE quit posting faster than I can read??!! ::laughs:: Okay, I'm caught up now!))

Delphia galloped across the meadow at full tilt, ears pinned, tail streaming behind her. Directly above her was what looked like a shadow, winging it's way in a straight path. The nearer they drew to the small gathering of Soquili, the more it became apparent that it was a hawk flying so low that his claws could touch her eartips, and that the two creatures were racing for the sheer joy of it.

When Delphia drew near to the others, she slammed on the brakes, doing a controlled slide-stop, nearly sitting on her haunches. The hawk dove, swooped under her head level, then back over above her and hovered, cackling in glee. When the dust had settled, Delphia was again looking a bit shy. She was glad Cyrus was there, but she hadn't met the other two, and now perhaps she had made a fool of herself.

Jaden, meanwhile, flapped lazily above the mare and clearly eyed the Soquili as he continued to cackle. Delphia moved at a fair pace when riled up and enthused!

TormentedAngie
Mia shook her tawny coat out once more, before raising her head to FINALLY take in her surroundings. Her neck craned around as she heard the gallop of heavier hooves, and the young one hopped to the side, squealing in surprise as she was passed up. Taking a stance to get ready to run if needbe, the young filly extended her neck in the direction the galloping soquili ran, only now noticing the other two as well. Blinking in surprise, Mia snorted and stomped, holding her ground to where she was, though she was highly curious, and tempted to wander right up to the others. What would it hurt to do so? It wasn't like it was that silly two-legger or anything.

With a defiant toss of her downy mane, the filly pranced closer, slowly, but surely, to the other soquili gathered. Closer, though unknowingly, to her father.

Talencia
Delphia quailed a bit as Cyrus had to go, and glanced up uncertainly at the hawk.

Jaden landed gracefully amongst the Soquili and peered up at them impudently. "Hey there!" His beak parted in a wide fowl grin as he wondered if these horses were as friendly as Delphia and Kaga had been.

...hopefully to be continued later ^^; heart  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:48 pm
Princess Soquili looked around all worried. "I wonder where Vashtya has been lately. Maybe he went on a journey and isn't home at the moment" she said with a serious look.

She then set a strange doll fashioned from a gourd by his teepee.
User Image
(doll source)
"I hope that Vash and Lakota will like this. smile " she said as she walked away back home.

Soquili

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:48 pm
The holiday season had flown by, in a flurry of celebrating and enjoying quiet moonlit nights, appreciating the way the moonlight reflected off of freshly fallen snow.

In that time, Lakota and Vash had had days where they'd been unable to leave the teepee, trapped by the weather. It had been time where they'd been forced to get to know one another still better, and they'd become so close that the pair could almost seem to read one another's minds, by this point.

And then...Lakota and Tabitha had had another pair of "surprises" arrive.

Somehow, Lakota and Vash had been left caring for one of the baskets, a gift that the stallion could only snort gleefully at. The day Tadewi had chosen to reveal himself, the stallion had sniffed at him once, curiously, as if not quite sure what to make of the smaller...horse, then had immediately butted him gently with his nose, whickering contentedly.

Chuckling, Vash shook his head. Some things would never change--Lakota's easy acceptance of everything and everyone they'd ever met was so apparent in everything he did. Extending his own hand, Vashtya waited for the young colt to sniff it curiously before moving to run his fingers lightly along the youngster's muzzle, followed by his neck and shoulder.

"You take after your mother in looks, lucky boy," he joked gently, taking care to keep his voice pitched low and soothing.

Eyes widening slightly, Tadewi eyed these two beings, the first he'd encountered since coming into the world. Who were they? Warily, he allowed them to touch him, cocking his head slightly to the side as he realized he rather liked the feel of Vash's fingers running along his neck. When the redhead went to withdraw his hand, the colt followed, butting up against Vashtya insistently.

Vashtya chuckled, the sound sending odd rumbles through Tadewi's ears, and the youngster pricked them forward, not sure if he liked that or not. It was at that point that Lakota shifted, and Tadewi turned to look at his father. He was so tall! Pawing at the dirt, the newly born foal pranced around the elder stallion, kicking up his heels and heading towards the teepee entrance, nearly tripping over Lakota's familiar in the process--there was a big world to see, and he was going to take it by storm~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:12 am
Tadewi pounced, forelegs extended, on an unsuspecting clump of grass, whickering in delight when it crumpled beneath his hooves. The wind, the water, the very earth beneath his hooves--it was all so vast, and he wanted to see, hear, taste it all now.

Lakota shook his head, sending strands of his mane fluttering in all directions. Tadewi, for all that he'd been born in a teepee, and had bonded to a human almost from day one, had a wildness to him, a certain untameable, fundamental part of his psyche, and it puzzled his far calmer father to no end.

It wasn't that he wasn't tame--he'd connected with the human instantly...probably drawn to that untouchable part of the redhead's personality, the part of his past that had spawned his odd arrival among the Kawani...and yet he would still never be completely domestic, regardless of his upbringing.

As the sun sank behind the treeline, Tadewi pranced towards Lakota, eyes shining even as he began prodding his father back towards the teepee. He just knew vash would have something special for him--the redhead had a special treat for both of them almost every day, whether it be a tart, crunchy apple or a small, sugary lump of sugar...

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:12 am
Vashtya Elf (11:32:22 PM): Tadewi wove his way gleefully along the riverbank, having eluded by Lakota and Vash for some time alone, to savor the sound, the feel of the forest. While he'd come into the world cared for by a human, there was something about the young soquili stallion that would always remain undomesticated, much to the frustration of Vash and his father.

Kicking up his heels, he trumpeted his joy to the heavens, following the carefree gesture with a loud snort, hooves clip-clopping cheerfully along the banks.

Briana n Kor (11:43:22 PM): Naomi had been born wild and raised just as such. She had only known humans once in her younger days on this Earth. Incidentally it was because of this meeting that she came to have the gentle plaits that hung about in her mane and tail, decorated by beads. Life untamed was definitely the way for her to go. Though she was normally mild-tempered and subdued Naomi certainly had her playful side, and it most often came out when her spirits were particularly high.

Briana n Kor (11:43:23 PM): It was no surprise, then, to find her prancing alongside the river, sometimes including an energetic bound in her step and other times slowing to a pacified trot. It didn't seem to take long for her green eyes to spot another approaching from the other direction and the other side of the river. Naomi grew curious, slowing to a hault and gazing over at the male, blinking.

Her tone came with mirthful sweetness, calling over: "Well, I've not come by you before."

Vashtya Elf (12:04:46 AM): Tadewi stopped, cocking his head to the side, tail flicking from side to side with interest. "The same could be said of you," he offered, tone playful.

Dancing back a few paces, he went to leap across the water, curiosity piqued. Running forward, he launched himself using his hindlegs, forelegs extended as far as they would go, straining for the opposite bank. The water wasn't deep, or hazardous, but a) leaping across it in one go was a guaranteed way to impress his new friend, no? and b) he really, really didn't want to get wet--there was still a faint bite to the air, and wet hair did not mix well with it.

His front hooves made it...unfortunately, his back hooves were a shade less cooperative, landing in the shallow river with a loud, drenching splash.

...Darnit.

Briana n Kor (12:08:37 AM): Oh-- Naomi couldn't help it, a bubble of laughter sounded in her throat though she tried very hard to muffle it. In the end it sounded like silenced chuckles and giggles, but she stepped closer encouragingly, eyes glinting off hints of mirth.

"Well, Mr. Daredevil, do you have a name?"

Vashtya Elf (12:11:11 AM): Tilting his ears toward the intriguing sound, Tadewi lifted his head where he stood, staring right at her, expression curious. "Of course I do." he snorted, smiling to show that he meant no offense.

"I'm Tadewi. And what of you, ma'am? do you have a name?" he chuckled, eyes smiling back at her.

Briana n Kor (12:14:34 AM): Naomi gave her tail a flicker, expression becoming impish. Turning to take a few steps past she called back. "Well, my friends call me Naomi."

She shot a glance back to see if he'd follow. She hadn't actually missed the strange scent he carried, it smelt of other soquili, and at least one human.

"Where are you from, Tadewi?"

Vashtya Elf (12:22:25 AM): Pawing lightly at the ground, Tadewi lurched forward out of the river, shaking himself off before taking one curious step after her.

"I live in a teepee not far down the river, with my sire and our bonded human." he replied easily. He was domesticated, after all, just never fully tamed. As far as humans went, Vashtya wasn't bad--he didn't demand absolute obedience, and allowed his two companions to come and go as they pleased.

Even the sometimes irritating silver-grey fox that was his father's companion familiar came and went as she pleased.

Briana n Kor (12:30:34 AM): "A human.... well now I've only ever met one of those before. She gave me my beads." She responded with a shake of her head and thusly her mane, rattling the small decorations lightly in doing so. She smiled again then and waited for him. It had been some time now since she shared some company with a male, and never with one she hadn't met before during childhood. "Would you mind keeping me company for a while, Tadewi?"

Vashtya Elf (12:39:17 AM): Nodding his head, sending his own beads clinking merrily, Tadewi whickered. "But of course not...I'd enjoy keeping you company, I should think." His natural friendliness was perhaps his most distinct personality trait inherited from his father.

Briana n Kor (12:41:44 AM): Naomi chuckled at that, coming out with a soft whinney of her own. Her pace fell very slow at a scene-gazing walk beside him. "I'm glad, I don't really see many others these days."

She'd certainly made note of his friendly behavior, and it seemed to fit nicely with her own, making for easy-going conversation so far.

Vashtya Elf (12:46:44 AM): Walking companionably alongside Naomi, Tadewi flicked his tail thoughtfully. "If you're ever really bored, and want someone to talk to, you should stop by our teepee--my father, Lakota, and Vashtya both are...okay. I mean, they're very nice, and Vash would probably give you an apple just because you showed up..." he chuckled.

He really did enjoy the others' company, when his independent moods didn't send him trotting off on his own for hours, sometimes even days on end.

Briana n Kor (12:50:18 AM): "I think that I'll take you up on that offer." She grinned, winking, then half-trotting a few steps ahead with a bit of challenge in her stride. She wanted to run, and she wanted Tadewi to run with her, to have a race!

Vashtya Elf (12:55:35 AM): "Good." he replied, ears pricking forward when she pulled a few paces ahead. Something in the way she now carried herself...it was a challenge, and one that called to his own mischievious nature. Extending his own strides to match hers, Tadewi wickered again, expression enthusiastic, eyes practically twinkling.

Briana n Kor (12:58:54 AM): Challenge accepted.

The grin seemed to grow, a playful skip added to her gait while she mimicked his noises before she easily fell into a trot, which shifted more and more into the form of a flat out run as the seconds passed.

Vashtya Elf (1:05:06 AM): Matching her amost stride for stride, Tadewi enjoyed the feel of the air rushing through his mane, picking his tail up and sending it fluttering to the heavens. As his boddy stretched out, getting closer to the ground, he could almost have shut his eyes, so blissful was it--it was the closest to true "freedom" that he could imagine.

And, he noted with interest, Naomi was no slouch, either. With her more slender body, she was even pulling slightly ahead D:. But, then, there was something appealing about the way she moved so smoothly, muscles bunching and flowing smoothly beneath smooth skin.

Briana n Kor (1:13:19 AM): The two of them had quickly fallen into an all out run. Naomi felt so exhilirated that she gave another laugh, similar to the laughter that had been echoing about her before running into Tadewi. It was completely carefree, unrestrained, and overjoyed. The gallop did send a rush of endorphins through the blood, heart racing to spread the hormones quickly and keep pace with her body.

If Naomi was aware of his observations (which she only would be if she saw them coming) then she did not intentionally show it. The trees broke into open meadow not long after and it was with a particularly long bound that she finally slowed her gait, nostrils flaring now and then with excitement still. Even now as she seemed to decide the race was done, she didn't completely stop her stride-- circling him again with delight at her victory.

"Ha ha! I win!" She boasted playfully, trotting into a circle to round about and face the way they'd come, emerald eyes locked onto Tadewi's lean form in front of her. He kept up well!

Vashtya Elf (1:41:35 AM): His own heart beating wildly in the run's aftermath, Tadewi tossed his head, easy smile lighting up his features. "It was close, but you move like lightning~" he complimented, bowing his head slightly, pawing at the ground

Briana n Kor (2:10:56 AM): The mare gave a laugh again, stepping back and bowing her head dramatically forward in thanks, straightening and flicking her tail with a contented exhale. There wasn't much like a game of chase through the land to get the mind buzzing, and so: Still feeling quite delighted with the whole turn of events Naomi stepped in closer to Tadewi once more and flicked her tail against his haunch. The move was boldly flirtatious for her but not as much so as the look she gave. A bit of grazing and relaxing in the sunlight together sounded like a good way to spend the morning, maybe with a rematch later on.

Vashtya Elf (2:19:45 AM): Nipping lightly at her shoulder, Tadewi bumped up against her companionably, already completely at ease in his company.

"This is a pretty area...do you come here often?" he finally asked, looking more closely at their surroundings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:14 am
Briana n Kor (12:33:44 AM): Moving wasn't hardly as easy anymore these days. It seemed like the time was both near and far away that she'd met Tadewi, and not long after that when that much more intimate time together came to pass. She'd made the journey back to the river, crossed... thank goodness she had been given an idea on where to find Tadewi, or she'd never have gotten this far by scent alone. The tepee was within sight now though, the mare whickered across the distance with a lifting of her head and a flick of her tail.

She hoped he'd take the news well...

Vashtya Elf (12:47:02 AM): Tadewi, who had been chewing on his father's shoulder affectionately, lifted his head abruptly, recognizing that whicker in a heartbeat.

Poking his nose out of the teepee, Tadewi trumpeted a response, practically knocking Lakota over in his hurry to exit the small dwelling.

Trotting towards her, he couldn't help but notice that...there was a whole heckuva lot more of her than the last time he'd seen her.

"Is it...? You...me...us?!" He managed to get out, far less smooth than usual.

Briana n Kor (12:53:52 AM): Naomi couldn't stop herself from smiling however soft. She'd missed him and was genuinely glad to see him again. She continued at her easy pace until she reached him, brushing her head against his and taking a passing n** at his mane.

"It is, indeed, ours."

Vashtya Elf (12:57:22 AM): If he could have blushed, he would have. Butting his head up gently against her distinctly rounded tummy, he nibbled gently. He'd wondered why he hadn't seen her recently, and this explained the absence. XD.

"You look even more beautiful than the first day we met." he said gallantly--and honestly, he did think so. Affection had grown between them since that first race, and the thought of a child, with features from them both...made him inexplicably gleeful--in fact, it made him want to sprint back to the teepee, bugling the good news to all and sundry.

Briana n Kor (1:04:40 AM): He quickly shared the sentiment, it seemed, but Naomi just offered a modest and delighted smile while watching him have a closer look at the area where their foals were growing.

"I missed you... it won't be very much longer," She offered with a murmer, quietly considering having a rest soon. She'd set out earlier tht day and stopped for food and a light rest, but was otherwise eager to reach the safety of her mate's protection, away from the predators of the unclaimed lands.

Vashtya Elf (1:32:10 AM): Dragging his attention away from Naomi's belly, Tadewi touched his nose lightly to hers. "I've missed you too--and I'm glad you came to find me," he said, tone more serious than his norm. It had to be wearing, carrying around so much extra weight.

"Have you eaten? If not, would you like an apple?" At this, his eyes twinkled. An excuse to get into Vashtya's hidden "stash" of the sweet-tart crunchy treats!

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:26 am
*reserved for Lakota RP*

*has ideas for one* XD;;  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:01 pm
Hidaya x Anubis

Vashtya
As moonlight trickled across the evening landscape, Hidaya'Siri made her way gracefully across a lush blanket of tall grass, the blades tickling at her fetlocks. With her dark coat, the unicorn would have blended in quite well, if not for the occasional sparkle she created when moonlight gleamed off of silver markings that danced gracefully up both her fore and hind legs, not to mention the horn that grew from her forehead.

She was new to this area, but found she quite liked it--the land was quiet, almost peaceful, and she could detect no serious threat, at least not yet. Halting in the open, she raised her head, sniffing at the air, nostrils flaring to catch the faintest whiff of anything out of the ordinary. Detecting nothing, she lowered her head to crop at the grass beneath her hooves, raising her head once more to chew on a mouthful of the sweet grasses.

Xaki
Anubis, lifting his head towards the moon stared at the sky longingly admiring the stars diverted his gaze to the faint glow in the distance. The grass crinkled under his hooves as he swiftly assessed from what he had seen.

As the wind blew against him, he caught the scent of.. a soquili perhaps? He had a faint smile glimmering on his lips as his blue gave off a faintly pale glow about him, making his fur shimmer in the moonlight. He began to walk towards the strange creature, noticing the coat seemed to give off a strange shimmer when faced with moonlight, he pondered.

Vashtya
Hidaya's eyes narrowed slightly, ears pricking forward at the faint sounds of..something approaching. Turning her head, she spotted the blue stallion approaching, and tilted her head slightly to the side, remaining where she was. She did, however, whuff a polite greeting. This one lacked a horn like she did, and his tail differed, but he also smelled different than the ordinary horses she had seen in her travels.

"Greetings."

Xaki
Anubis whinnied back a shrill greeting as he swiftly seemed to be beside the new soquili. 'Horn?' 'Different Tail?' He thought to himself bewildered at the differences. He sensed she wasnt the most normal of soquilis but introduced himself.

"I am Anubis." he said bowing. "You are..?" His eyes looked up from his bowed position with an inquiring look.

Vashtya
Hidaya's eyes widened slightly--he moved quickly! "I am Hidaya'Siri." she replied, smiling. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Anubis." she continued, lowering her own head, mimicing his bow...perhaps this was the correct way to greet others?

Xaki
"Nice to meet you, Hidaya." Anubis responded automatically accustomed to his manners. Raising from his bow, his faint smile showed on his face. "Mymy, what is a female soquili doing so late into the night?" His eyebrows raised. As far as he was concerned, he knew no females that stayed so late.

As she bowed, Anubis's eyes noticed the glimmering horn. 'Who knew there was winged and horned soquilis?' he asked himself amused at the prospect.

Vashtya
Hidaya tilted her head slightly to the side, eyeing him curiously. "I was simply acquainting myself with the area...and it's something that I find is usually done better at night--there are less disturbances and distractions that way..."

"And you? What has you wandering at this hour?"

Xaki
"A damsel in distress called out to me." Anubis said with a mischevious glint in his eyes before smothering a laugh. "Seriously, I just enjoy night more than day." He confessed.

"Less disturbances--? -- Distractions? One would think that you were doing something suspicious with that reasoning." Anubis gave a grin to Hidaya.

Vashtya
Hidaya snorted, shaking her head ruefully. "Do you always charm 'damsels in distress' by accusing them of being up to no good?" she teased back, chuckling herself.

As her mirth receded somewhat, she tapped one silvery hoof on the ground. "I think I would like something to drink..do you know of a stream anywhere nearby?" she queried.

Xaki
"What?" Anubis feigned a innocent look. "Nowhere in our conversation did I say you were up to no good!" He said with a mocking smile.

"As a matter of fact, we're actually close to a river? Its about 1/4 of a mile off to the right. If your thirsty, we'd better get walking." Anubis gave a friendly nod in the direction they were about to take.

"But perhaps, you dont want me to come along?" He said with a smug smile this time. "I could be the dragon in disguise instead of the prince rescueing the princess from her thirst of water." He gave a chuckle.

Vashtya
Hidaya rolled her eyes. "You are quite hopeless, I believe." she retorted, although the potential harshness of the comment was blunted by the pleasant tone of her voice.

"...Although, perhaps you're right--as a delicate princess, I should fear for my own safety, no?" She raised one eyebrow, topaz eyes glinting with a healthy sense of mischief as she flicked her leonine tail idly from side to side.

Xaki
"Ah. I faint at hearing such harsh words said!" Anubis pretended to faint before he started idly walking towards their destination.

"Which is why you need the handsome knight to accompany you." Anubis drawled out , noticing her eyes contrasted with her body colors quite nicely but shrugged it off. His ears perked up as he called out to her "Dont fall behind!"

Vashtya
Rolling her eyes again, Hidaya, nonetheless, trotted after Anubis, keeping alongside easily. "Did you grow up around here?" she asked, apparently unconcerned with any "threat" that might reveal itself.

Xaki
"Uhhh. Actually I was raised and live close to here. I've always been fond of the sky and river, soothing place it is." Anubis nodded as if to confirm. He kept a steady pace alongside brushing against Hidaya.

Vashtya
Hidaya nodded. That explained his easy familiarity with the terrain--it was all she could do to avoid tripping over the ocasional rock and bump in the ground as they made their way towards the river. Perhaps it was whimsical of her, but she fancied that she could already hear the low rush of water.

Shifting her focus back to the blue stallion beside her, Hidaya'Siri watched him out of the corner of her eye. "I certainly can begin to see why--the land I've seen so far is beautiful and lush."

Xaki
"Im glad you liked it!" Anubis said in a fond voice with his surroundings. It brought back many memories, he thought to himself. "Not all the land is like that but we're near the Kawani Village and perhaps they like to keep their land fertile?" Anubis suggested noticing that he could hear the faint trickle of water , knowing that they would come near the river in the next 5 minutes or so?

Anubis pondered his present company thinking to himself but shrugged the thoughts away.

"Anyways!, Are you planning to live around her or do you have a place of your own yet? Its a nice spot." Anubis said absentmindedly.

Vashtya
"Kawani...Village?" She asked, unsure as to what that was. "What, precisely, is a village?" And I wonder how one would make the land more fertile... she wondered.

"And I have not decided for sure, although I must admit, the surroundings are very tempting, at least what I've seen of them so far."

Xaki
"A village consists of those little humans that nonor the soquili. They fertile the land with.. water.. I think?" Anubis tried to rack his brain but was unsuccessful.

"You could -ah- live around here. I wouldnt mind." A faint blush appeared but disspeared as fast as it came. "Ah! The river!" Anubis said spotting it and gesturing to Hadiya. "Ladies first." He gaved a smile to Hadiya.

Vashtya
Hidaya whickered, bobbing her head politely and preceding him to the riverbank, mulling over what he'd said. "Humans live alongside our kind?" she wondered aloud, not quite sure what to make of this news. What would happen to those who had not bonded to a human?

At his blush, she chuckled aloud. "I appreciate the permission." she said, tail swishing with good humor as she bent her head to take a drink, sighing softly as the cool water touched the tip of her muzzle, the puff of air creating a series of small ripples in the nearly still water.

Xaki
He laughed at the serene expression on Hidayas face realizing she must have been very thirsty. Looking to the darkness, he sighed before telling Hadiya, "I'm afraid that its too late. I must be going now. See you around Hidaya?" He bowed to her out of manners before giving a sad gaze before leaving. "Good-bye." He called out and started walking deeper into the forest.

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:42 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Got this lovely art from Rapidashtrainer! <3333

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:28 am
Hidaya x Orchu x Nora

Vashtya
As the sun hung high in the clear midday sky, Hidaya'siri rubbed her rump lightly against the trunk of a tree, mrrhing appreciatively as the semi-smooth bark eliminated the itch that had been plaguing her. Today she was exploring the woodlands, having realized that she had yet to really do so. Gold eyes shining brightly, she moved on, making her way gracefully between tree trunks, nostrils flaring lightly as she sought to identify the sights and smells of the forest around her--a cranky badger nearly swatting her nose as she got too close for the small creature's comfort.

Snorting in surprise, she backed up abruptly, stamping her foot, making a mental note to not follow that particular scent back to its source again.

-Polar-
Orchu's muzzle was embedded in one of the crisp streams that ran through the forest; he had been wandering aimlessly around the forest and decided he needed to quench his developing thirst. The day was warm and dry; a beautiful spring day and just the perfect temperature. Rami was waddling in the stream, swatting his paw here and there attempting to spot a fish as he scooped aside the water and peered into the crystal liquid. Orchu rolled his eyes as the bear growled in desperation. "Rami we have been to this stream on many occasions and you never catch any fish." The stallion tilted his head with a frown at the bear. Rami sat in the water and growled fiercely at Orchu for questioning his fishing skill. Orchu splashed Rami and the bear whined. The stallion snorted and shook his head.

Nora nipped at her father's mane playfully as she trotted by him and gambled into the water. "Hi father!" She said enthusiastically. "I've been looking all over for you! Auri told me that you were planning on taking Rami into the woods today for a walk after you maneuvered down the mountainside so I thought I'd come join you!" She grinned cheekily at her father. "Of course, if that is alright with you I mean."

Orchu tugged his hair out of Nora's mouth in aggravation. "I never told Auri where I was going." The stallion stated flatly. "However, since you are already here I suppose you may join us." Orchu's ears swiveled about as he heard a clash against the ground nearby. The stallion turned around and frowned. Must have been my imagination... Orchu thought dully as he spotted no creature through the trees.

Vashtya
Swivelling her ears, Hidaya caught the faintest of sounds of conversation. Shaking her head once more, she meandered in the direction of the sound, ears pricked forward, listening intently in case the voices turned out to belong to beings that she'd rather not run into.

As she approached the river's edge, she caught sight of Orchu and Nora, and, since neither had spotted her approach, snorted to bring attention to herself, as opposed to simply popping out of the tree line without warning.

to be continued...  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:29 am
Hidaya x Shinzu

Dark Fire Angel
Shinzu

Purple eyes once more scanned the open meadow as ears twitched; this time however, the stallion moved not from the refuge the trees of the forest offered him, for he remembered quite well that last time had been a bit of a disaster... or at least from his point of view. Thus so, instead of giving into the almost overwhelming need to go out, Shinzu lingered by the trees, padding inside the forest, wings neatly folded upon his back.

Tell truth, he wouldn't have loved anything more than running freely out in the open, but it seemed that every time he did so, he put himself in horrible situations which forced him to talk in order to get out of them. Not only that, but they forced him to be with other soquili; not that he found their company to be distasteful... not at all. It was just that.... well...

Shinzu was Shy. With a capital S, really, the idea of interacting with others was quite frightening over all. The trees and forest, thus, would have to do for now, for as much as he wished to run out in the open, the idea of a repeat encounter with someone like that horribly rude stallion from the other day made him cringe. Quite visibly in fact.

Vashtya
Hidaya made her way through the tree trunks, weaving through them at a casual trot. She enjoyed the feel of the wind running through her mane, especially with the small glimmers of light from the stars above peeking playfully through the treetops.

As the light twinkled off of her silvery markings, she whuffed happily to herself, feeling much more comfortable in the area than she had even a few days ago. As she rounded a particularly large tree trunk, she caught sight of another...soquili? Unsure as to whether her eyes were deceiving her, she nickered in curiosity, the sound stark in the quiet evening.

Dark Fire Angel
As the sound interrupted the otherwise near silence the forest had offered, the stallion startled quite visbly, eyes opening wide as he snapped his head to look behind him; the wind had been blowing against him, and thus, had totally missed the mare's scent as she had approached him. After all, he'd been expecting to find others coming to him from the meadows, but hadn't quite expected to have someone walk up to him from within the forest.

Though he'd pondered slowly walking away... or rather 'escaping' the situation before it got worse (aka, before it required him to interact), the Kalona felt it'd be quite rude to ignore the nicker; thus so, after letting out a soft sigh, he called back to her, moving his head slightly from the shadows, allowing her to come closer.

All the while, his eyes had roamed her frama, almost as if trying to decide if she'd pose a threat to him; however, much unlike the attitude he'd seen from the stallion a couple of days ago... this unicorn seemed to not be threatening. It was quite a releif, "Good evening..." his voice was soft, and though his ears kept on twitching towards the meadow, his eyes were still upon Hidaya.

Vashtya
Hidaya stopped when she was still a few paces away, gold eyes flicking over him curiously, taking in the wings, the horns..the pointed tail. Inclining her head, she shot him a small smile. "It certainly is...I was a afraid earlier that it might rain, but the skies cleared..." she replied, stamping her left foreleg lightly.

"I don't think we've met before." she continued, tilting her head slightly to the side. "My name is Hidaya'siri, although the others I've met have all called me just Hidaya."

Dark Fire Angel
A pause, ears twitching faintly, "No, no we have not..." then again, he hadn't really met many others before, his elusive, not to mention shy nature keeping him at a usually safe distance from others. There was a moment of hesitation, his eyes drifting away as his ears pinned back, only to perk, "My... name is Shinzu," he offered, and though it was clear to him she meant no harm, he still looked somewhat wary, nervous, as if he were about to turn tail and run for the hills at any mininal sign of danger.

He was one poor excuse of a demon soquili, he knew that much. Not like he could help it though, sadly.

Tilting his head curiously, the stallion blinked at her for a moment, looking almost childish in his innocence, "You don't like rain? I find it quite... nice when it rain; I like the sound of the rain falling, and the thunder rolling up inside the clouds, high up..." of course, he never bothered to mention that he liked such weather because it was usually then when he could tuly let down his guard; not many went out when there was a storm, after all, "I shall call you Hidaya then, you can call me... Shinzu," a small cringe was offered as he refrained from voicing 'Shinny', after all, the strangely embarrasing name was reserved for exclusive usague of his two legger, "Do you live nearby?"

Vashtya
Blinking in curiosity at his nervous behaviors, Hidaya did her best to look as innocuous and harmless as possible. Think like a butterfly~

"It's a pleasure, Shinzu." she replied, still smiling. "And that is certainly true--the rain can sound almost lyrical, as it hits the ground...however, save for rare occasions, I can do without the drenching it metes out." she continued, chuckling.

She thought on his last question. Oddly enough, this was the hardest part to reply to. "Until I decide if I'm staying...I live nowhere." she replied. "What of you? One of the others I met said something about living with humans...do you have your own human?"

Dark Fire Angel
His eyes drifted back over the meadow, his gaze now stretching across the land; it seemed like he had calmed down, if only slightly, and truly, had he been able to read her thoughts, he'd have smiled. Butterflies... he did like butterflies after all.

However, and though he was unable to read the unicorn's thoughts, he still smiled sweetly, looking back to her, "I find the cold slightly more alluring than the heat," he explained, "I like the feel of the water upon me frame," as inquired about humans however, he seemed to hesitate; it was clear he was suddenly torn, for you see, Kalona didn't usually 'own' a human, per say, however... he had not the heart to lie, specially not about his human.

A moment went by before he snapped out of his self-reflection, "Yes, humans..." he breathed, "Strange little creatures, they are... however, yes, I do live nearby," he motioned his nose slightly in the air, almost as if pointing deeper into the forest, "Almost just around the bend, and yes, I do own a human... she's...." and at this point, he once again faultered, almost as if not knowing what to say, "Strange?" he offered lamely, "She's nice though, she brushes my hair."

And boy, did he LIKE it when she did that; it was clear by the smile he sported that he did, and quite amusingly enough, he seemed to feel no shame in admitting to such.

Vashtya
Bobbing her head, Hidaya considered. "To each their own, no?" Her smile deepened slightly, as she watched him seem to drift off at the mention of humans. Curiouser and curiouser...

"That is close then! And...what are they like, exactly?" the question was genuine--she'd seen humans, from a distance before, but had always kept away, not quite sure what to make of them, what with their funny gait and loud voices.

However, this...hair brushing Shinzu mentioned sounded intriguing. Her expression shifted, becoming pensive as she pondered the mechanics of it. "What does she use to...brush your hair with?"

Dark Fire Angel
"They're quite curious lithe creatures," his nose wrinkled at that point, "They're very loud, and awefully unstable; how they manage to walk on those wobbly thin two legs, I shall never phantom," Shinzu had in fact, found himself fretting quite often that his human would fall down and kill herself one day, for she had a habit of rushing from here to there on those unstable, wobbly legs of hers... thus so, the Kalona was usually forced to trot and stay nearby her, just in case, "They wear rags too, and are quite bold too; they only have hair on their heads, some more than others; they're strange creatures, really... but they have these magical things called brushes, and these... wonderful things called treats," a nod was offered at this point.

It was clear that the Kalona had a good impression of the two-leggers, at any rate, "They use 'brushes' to do the hair brushing, and... they live in these... weird things they call Teepees; they also claim to 'own' you, however, it's quite the other way around, really... we own them; I don't think they'd last long without us, poor creatures..."

Shinzu was indeed QUITE sure of those facts, and as he voiced his opinion, he looked off down, deeper into the forest, "I left my sister with my human, I figure she'll take care of her while I take a pleasent day... or rather, night off; they're tiring creatures, much like foals."

Vashtya
Hidaya's eyes widened slightly as the other launched into an extensive description of the odd two-legged "humans". Had Shinzu not seemed so fervently earnest in his descriptions, she'd have been tempted to have brushed it off as an attempt at simply playing with her, but as it were, she found herself standing there simply listening, ears pricked forward with interest.

That does sound...kind've nice." she finally said, after standing there in silence for a full moment when he finished his piece. "How did you get yours?"

To be continued...  

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:43 am
User Image

*skree* another gorgeous art-giftu from Rapidlurve! crying <333

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff