Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
GASP! Why is there no topic about Dumbledore's gayness? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you know?
  No!
  Hell yeahs
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:06 pm
its hasnt even made the news here mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:44 pm
Oh God.

He's gay! Guess what else he is? He's dead! So who gives a flying s**t?

This doesn't seem to me a legitimate answer to a question. Rather, it's Rowling stirring up a fresh batch of controversy, because every Potter related shitstorm lets her bask in the limelight just a little bit longer.

Maybe I've just grown cynical, but that's just me.  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:46 pm
knowing her background, i say good on her for trying to make as much out of it as possible.

But she could have been a bit more subtle xd  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:47 pm
The fanfictions........

......I bet money Ace made a fanfic.

Dana Pixie Stix

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:54 pm
Teh Dana
The fanfictions........

Think of the implications, woman! Don't you realize that 2/10ths of all Potter fanfiction is now technically canon?!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:13 pm
I was SO flippin awed and proud of Jo when I found out! This makes me happy too, bacause now all my Dumblewald (dumbledore/Grindelwald) slashing was correct!!! yay me.

yay for really old gay men!!! woowoo

... now I know why he "liked" snapey so much  

firekeeper927

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:51 pm
http://www.mugglenet.com/infosection/opinion2/defence.shtml

This is a really good article; even though I don't like the way JKR did it, I'm still completely disgusted with the way people are reacting. Dumbledore is still an amazing character, gay or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:18 pm
Teh Dana
The fanfictions........

Where be my money?

Like I said, I haven't even finished reading the first HP book. I won't write about characters I don't know about.

I might draw them though.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

green_stocking_dutchman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:57 am
hmm. even though i like the whole dumbledore/grindlwald ship, I wasn't too excited for her to announce it's cannon.

I don't see why this deserved an announcement. If she felt as though dumbledore expressed homosexual tendancies, why didn't she write anything about it in the book!?!

simple answer : even less sales from the families who were outraged at the magic content

However, did she think for one minute how offensive this might be to the GLBT community... to be thought of as nothing more than an afterthought... that fits with the series only if you look hard enough.

sad Seems to me as nothing more than a way to reach out to another group who may not yet've bought the book, after the majority of sales have already been made.

And then theres the next point, the poor bloke is dead. Can't she just let him be??

redface that is all...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:23 pm
i cant believe she didnt put more into the books about it, and i first off all didn't like the ending of the last book it completely sucked. its 2 easy for another person 2 pick up from the kids, then here comes this yes he was a GREAT actor but not idk if i can even bring my self 2 watch my movie just because it will give her money JK NOW SUCKS.....  

xXxSandraxXx

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:30 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
Oh God.

Wait, if he's dead then why did someone ask if he'll ever find true love?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:43 pm
FangzV
Shazbot_the_Pirate
Oh God.

Wait, if he's dead then why did someone ask if he'll ever find true love?
Because they clearly don't understand that, while love may blossom on the battlefield, it can't blossom in a coffin.  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:32 pm
i think a big part of why it was left out of the books is because the vast majority of teachers @ hogwarts personal lives WERE left out.

i mean, come on, only hagrid ever gets any that we know of, yes? yes.

think about it. YOU have teachers that are married, or dating, or possibly even gay. do YOU ever give even a passing thought to "omg, mrs. *insert stereotypical 100yr old math teacher* gets down!"

uh, no.

its like seeing a teacher in public. its WEIRD and therefore kiddos never think about it.

i'm sure, to her, it was SO OBVIOUS that he was gay. but its not like she wrote in the sexuality of all the characters in the book. that's just now how it works. i mean, when you first meet harry, it doesn't say "an 11 year old heterosexual boy with messy hair", now does it? uh, no.

anyway, there's my two cents... cool  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:27 am
It didn't change anything for me. I still enjoy the book  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

Pirate-Wolfe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:34 am
As I said before, don't revive threads.