Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Type Desu somemore... *No more Desu kthxbai V&* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Battle system
  Me likey
  Ehhh....
View Results

Alexsis M

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:10 pm
That will be awesome =) I can't wait either. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:33 pm
I love battles heart  

Alexsis M

HellKnight Azrael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:45 pm
Goddess Aaliyah
I love battles heart

PLEASE! FOR THE LOVE OF RAPTOR JESUS! DON'T SIMULTANEOUSLY POST!!

Could you be so kind as to read the How not to be a n00b stickie thread? It would make our lives that much more bearable.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:07 pm
Mephistopheles Incarnate
Goddess Aaliyah
I love battles heart

PLEASE! FOR THE LOVE OF RAPTOR JESUS! DON'T SIMULTANEOUSLY POST!!

Could you be so kind as to read the How not to be a n00b stickie thread? It would make our lives that much more bearable.
yes please dont be a noob it will effect your rep. as well and tthe gift ninjas will ignore you i think ..... xp  

oORentonOo

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:34 pm
*sigh* can people please not label new members a noob because it can make them not wish to come back to the guild. i have had messages about this sweatdrop

But as some of the members have said noob 101 is brilliant, not cause i wrote it but because everything you need to know about rules, gns and the guild is in there in simple terms so please check it out. Any questions feel free to pm me. Plus when you find you have forgotten to add something into a post and then find yourselve going to make a new post right after please dont, we have a edit button XD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:44 pm
Angelic_Highlights
*sigh* can people please not label new members a noob because it can make them not wish to come back to the guild. i have had messages about this sweatdrop

But as some of the members have said noob 101 is brilliant, not cause i wrote it but because everything you need to know about rules, gns and the guild is in there in simple terms so please check it out. Any questions feel free to pm me. Plus when you find you have forgotten to add something into a post and then find yourselve going to make a new post right after please dont, we have a edit button XD

yeah, i agree with the whole "don't call 'em a n00b" thing.

they're "newbies" until proven otherwise, yo! whee  

WastelandMama
Crew

xxKiria-Kunxx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:47 pm
Metalic_Noodles

What is DESU? I thought it was an evil guild full of slayers that ETAS was trying to take down?

~Metalic_Noodles

Desu means "Darn fangirls" or fanboys depending on the perspective of use. And yeah... ETAS tried... FLOA had a better run and they were falling apart.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:49 pm
EMC-Monkey
Metalic_Noodles

What is DESU? I thought it was an evil guild full of slayers that ETAS was trying to take down?

~Metalic_Noodles

Desu means "Darn fangirls" or fanboys depending on the perspective of use. And yeah... ETAS tried... FLOA had a better run and they were falling apart.

desu in a non-4chan way...

((quoted from wiki because i'm lazy))

Japanese has copulas which would most often be translated as one of the so-called be-verbs of English. The Japanese copula has many forms. The words da and desu are used to predicate sentences, while na and de are used within sentences to modify or connect.

Japanese sentences with copulas most often equate one thing with another, that is, they are of the form "A is B." Examples:

* 私は学生だ。Watashi wa gakusei da. "I am a student." (lit., I TOPIC student COPULA)
* これはペンです。Kore wa pen desu. "This is a pen." (lit., this TOPIC pen COPULA-POLITE)

The difference between da and desu is simple: desu is more formal and polite than da. Thus, the two sentences below are identical in meaning and differ only in the speaker's politeness to the addressee.

* あれはホテルだ。Are wa hoteru da. "That's a hotel." (lit., that TOPIC hotel COPULA)
* あれはホテルです。Are wa hoteru desu. "That is a hotel." (lit., that TOPIC hotel COPULA-POLITE)

Japanese sentences may be predicated with copulas or with verbs. However, desu may not always be a predicate. In some cases, its only function is to make a sentence predicated with a stative verb more polite. However, da always functions as a predicate, so it cannot be combined with a stative verb, because sentences need only one predicate. See the examples below.

* このビールはうまい。Kono bīru wa umai. "This beer is good." (lit., this beer TOPIC be-tasty)
* このビールはうまいです。Kono bīru wa umai desu. "This beer is good." (lit., this beer TOPIC be-tasty POLITE)
* *このビールはうまいだ。*Kono bīru wa umai da. This is unacceptable because da may only serve as a predicate.

Japanese also has two verbs corresponding to English "to be": aru and iru. They are not copulae but existential verbs. Aru is used for inanimate objects, including plants, while iru is used for people and animals, though there are exceptions to this generalization.

* 本はテーブルにある。Hon wa tēburu ni aru. "The book is on a table."
* キムさんはここにいる。Kimu-san wa koko ni iru. "Kim is here."

There are several theories as to the origin of desu; one is that it is a shortened form of であります (de arimasu), used sometimes in writing and more formal situations. Another form, でございます (de gozaimasu which is the formal version of であります or である), is also used in some situations and is very polite.

です "desu" may be pronounced っす "ssu" in colloquial speech. The copula is subject to dialectal variation throughout Japan, resulting in forms such as ya (in Kansai) and ja (in Hiroshima).

also, its used to indicate a childish manner of speaking in kawaii anime girls ((like misha from pita ten and sumomo from chobits 3nodding ))  

WastelandMama
Crew

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:40 am
LOL i remember when sak had his fanclub lol, i was a fan girl and mike still is a fan boy he has the old banner on his profile still tee hee hee.

Blue - Thats the truth ^_^ there newbies when they join, break the rules and there noobs there is a big difference XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:48 am
I'm excited too =) I really can't wait. Gaia is pretty interesting, my cusin refered me to it hehe  

Alexsis M

Teh Banz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:58 am
Artanus
I'm afraid it'll take people too far away from the real gaia. Noobs will be joining for the battle system...
Yep thats my main concern too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:47 am
Teh Banz
Artanus
I'm afraid it'll take people too far away from the real gaia. Noobs will be joining for the battle system...
Yep thats my main concern too. 3nodding

Yeah but if you think about it the dedicated members at gaia who actually do post and interact will still be as interested in gaia as they were before, it will just be a new toy to use. Like the games, fishing and so forth, although i do not see the point in cars, but meh each to there own i guess.  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:32 am
I can't stand the cars I think it was the most useless idea in gaia history.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:00 am
yeah i know what you mean i could not see the point in them being added to gaia, tbh, you cannot go around town in them and tbh there is more fun to be had in towns lol  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:33 am
Angelic_Highlights
yeah i know what you mean i could not see the point in them being added to gaia, tbh, you cannot go around town in them and tbh there is more fun to be had in towns lol

sweatdrop i remember being all hyper-excited when cars came out.

i envisioned all these cool ways cars could be integrated into gaia, and none of those cool ways became true. crying

here's hoping they'll rectify those mistakes by turning out a kick-a** battle system!  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff