Submit

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:48 pm
((Sorry that I haven't posted previous of this... I wanted to make it so that I was already IN the forest as people were leaving to catch the wolves. ^_^ So here I go ^_^))

Kunibert has been been on the trail for nearly two days now... looking for some backwater town that may not even exist. All to repay a debt that should have been settled years ago.

Over the last few hours, the path that was well traveled slowly degraded into a weeded over path, roots of trees and bushes, as well as the canopy blocking most of the moonlight was making his way slow. Somewhere in the distance he can hear the bay of a pack of wolves... and they sounded hungry.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:11 pm
((Oh my... I feel a little like a tossed salad... does anyone else feel that that was rushed? I mean Slim didn't even get an introductory post, and I didn't even make it back to the bar, I mean I meant to. I made a huge deal of leavening to give people an ample amount of time to make their introduction posts, I planned on making a grand entrance after everyone had posted. I mean I personally think that it's a big deal that my character should show up back at the bar wearing thousands of gold worth of silver-lined plate mail. Maybe I'm having delusions of grandeur though.

In any case, I think we should at least postpone the departure until Slim get's Em's intro in. She was going to post it today, I don't know what's keeping her. confused ))  

WiskersThCatfish

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:15 pm
(( It was rushed, sorry... but it's remediable. Technically I only walked out the door and that's mere narration for when we get to the forest. It's not that we're there yet. Slim did make a post but she said she'll redo it because of what I posted.

For now Ignore The Narration; we'll use it when we're all ready to leave. Fiore is waiting at the door. Kusa, you're still in the forest, yes? We'll meet you there when we're all ready with entrances. ))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:35 pm
((Yep I'm still outside in the forest... and I could wander out there for HOURS ^_^))  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:48 pm
Kusaragi
((Yep I'm still outside in the forest... and I could wander out there for HOURS ^_^))
((Shouldn't be that much time in game, but it might take us a bit out of game... sorry for stranding you. Don't give up on us!))

Clanking back to the inn, Harker opened the swinging door gently, and took his place next to his party, dressed slightly more gallantly then he was before. In fact he looked something like a statue from the neck down, nobody actually wore armor like this any more, this kind of stuff was supposed to stand dormant in a mansion hallway and only get paid any attention during a dinner party by the few guests who had enough interest to stray from the dining hall. Harker, unfortunately, was standing as if he knew this unfortunate truth full well; nervously, like he simply wanted to curl into a ball. How embarrassing. "I'm ready to go. Have we got enough?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:18 pm
"Well... I haven't seen armor like that in a while." Fiore said with a nod, gazing at Harker's fully-armored form from head to toe. She stood from where she sat and returned her knife. "We're almost ready... I think..." She said, answering Harker's question. "But I can't help the feeling that we need someone else..."  

Sentama Lin

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:59 pm
Sitting in the shadowy corner of the tavern was a small girl, wolfing her way through her third bowl of porridge. Her garish blue hair was pulled back into a ponytail, lest the goopy sustenance entangle it even more than it already had been. With great enthusiasm, she hefted a tall mug of water, downing it in naught but a few gulps. No single spoonful or swig of nutrience missed her mouth, so neatly she ate, despite her vigor. She couldn't afford to waste even the smallest amount.

Em hadn't eaten for days. She had succumbed to the calls of her newest flying invention, immersing herself in its work for weeks, much to her body's dismay. Repeatedly it cried for her to brew practical potions, to fix the trinkets of rich folk for the money it needed to get by. And repeatedly, she ignored it. Mind over matter. The mind wanted to invent, and nothing else mattered. That is, until she was on the brink of starvation. At which point she tended to her needs, albeit begrudgingly.

She had no idea how she was to pay for all this food. When she stumbled into the tavern, stomach screaming and head reeling, she didn't care to think that far ahead. As she told herself: All will be well soon.

Besides, working off debt was always an option.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:50 am
The methodical clink clink clink of the porridge bowl and spoon had been on Harker's nerves all night. He strained his eye-lids closed trying to drown it out; the distractions such as the announcement, and going to retrieve his armor had taken his mind off of it for a time, but now that things were getting stagnant again he couldn't help but notice it.

"If we need one more, should I volunteer someone?" He looked around the room, mockingly at all of the mingling people, and then zeroed in purposefully on Em. He closed one eye, parted his closed mouth with his tongue, and pointed straight at her. "I pick her." He decided. 'Anything to stop that godforsaken sound...' He thought.  

WiskersThCatfish

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:40 am
Fiore turned to where Harker pointed, now noticing the blue-haired female guzzling away bowls of food and mugs of water. She didn't notice her before; when she was performing for the tavern her mind was fixated on the music she played. But now, during waiting, she was definitely noticeable.

"Hrmm..." She said walking up to Em and tapping her on the shoulder lightly, hoping to get her attention. "Hey."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:58 pm
Em cast her gaze upwards at the woman, mouth still open slightly and spoon halfway to her mouth. Her eyes were of a pretty shape; large, slanted slightly like that of a cat's. But this, quite frankly, did not alleviate the overall creepy as hell look about them. The irises were almost completely void of color, just an ever-so-slightly grayer hue than her pupils, and she never seemed to blink. It gave strangers the impression that she only did so when they were not looking, or perhaps when they themselves were doing it. "I mean, who doesn't blink?" they thought.

"Yes? Why is it that you covet my attention?" Em inquired, scanning the entertainer with her unnatural, analytical stare.

Knowledge seemed to be sucked into the never-ending void behind her corneas.  

Slim95
Crew

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:44 pm
"We need someone to chase away wolves, Em." Fiore replied with a small nod. She knew most of the people in the guild - one way or another. Weird as Em was she possesses utility. Plus she figured she'll find a way to scare off the wolf packs away from the town without hurting them too terribly.

She turned her attention to the empty bowls of food laid in front of Em's table, wondering how Em planned to pay for it all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:18 am
((Well, while I'm proud that Em has moved... we are again, at a stand still. Slim?))  

WiskersThCatfish

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:37 pm
((Oh, no, I'm good to go. sweatdrop Sorry....))

Possibilities churned through Em's head.

"Chase away wolves? Inefficient possible with explosions loud many colors blinding colors blue and green copper and barium copper and barium I don't have copper and barium no time to purchase them extermination would be better but it was not requested and by observation of this female she has a rather pacifistic disposition which would not work well with prior plans of extermination a repellent would be nice do I have a repellent I should-"

These thoughts flowed through her mind like water through a shattered dam, filling all its valleys and rushing through its ravines. For a few seconds, she merely sat, spoon of swiftly-cooling poridge poised stone-still in her hand. Then, all at once, her eyes came back to life, she placed the utensil in its bowl, and she grinned up at the entertainer.

"If I am to volunteer for this endeavour, might I beseech that said service be compensation for this nourishment?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:11 pm
Fiore blinked then nodded to Em, then turned his gaze to Leon. "Leon. This girl's food is on me." She said, pointing to the bowls of porridge and mugs of drink on the table. She didn't worry about the money too much; she had enough, she felt.

"Well then... I think that's everyone..." She said to herself looking at her companions: Harker, Em, Ilia, and Twi. "Unless you all need anything else let's go." She smiled and walked toward the door. "I'll meet you all at the entrance of the forest south of town. Don't worry - you'll see me." She said with a wave before exiting the tavern.

--

(( Here's the description of the forest this evening. We're not necessarily there, but that's what it will be once each character enters it. ))

The party entered the forest outside the village limits. Though the villager complained of many wolves, the flora and fauna around the town was as calm as any other early-autumn night. Perhaps a villager exploded the actual truth? After all, most people untrained in adventuring, or even exploring outside one's comfort zone, may explode the true event. Still, confidence was instilled into the hearts of each adventurer. It was routine; protect the town. Not quite a full adventure but it was a task given. And tasks, of course, have rewards. Though on a mission, the forest was a nice change of pace from the rowdy and overstimulating loudness and visuals of the tavern. The crystal sky glimmered with stars while Luna shone through the tree canopies. Rays of star and moon light shone through the branches, spotting the forest floor with patches of eerie white light. Evening primroses blossomed, enjoying the serene of darkness to share their beauty, while a few woodland beasts scurried from treetop to treetop, hurrying to their homes to rest for the evening. Yet the adventurers felt something stir in the far distance, or at least some felt something. The wolves, agitated somehow to actually approach the village, they must be the ones stirring, hidden deeper in the forests, though few growls could be heard, little movement of paws could be heard. A howl, distanced, confirmed the position to the group, the others howling a little afterward...  

Sentama Lin

RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces