Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
young people! kindly explain yourselves!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kids these days...
  seriously, wtf?
  shut up, old people!
View Results

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:37 am
SakuChwan
Seriously people.. Nothing has changed.

Thousands of teenagers have been having sex and getting pregnant since WAYYY before any of you were being born. Nude pics have been flying around since before the internet was even thought of. And mass murders.. ok well maybe that's just a fairly new fad... but it's been happening for a long time too. It's not the generation that's ******** up. It's the media that relishes in the despair of society...

oh, i know.

when i went to hs, EVERYONE I KNEW was having sex. EVERYONE...

band trips were particularly sexiful. crying

BUT, out of ALL those people, only two in my whole school were preggers the entire time i was there. one girl gave hers up, and the other girl miscarried.

we even had a FRIGGIN DAY CARE in our school, and it was open for students to use, but still, no one got preggers.

and why?

cause we all knew how to use condoms!!! stressed wtf is wrong with kids today not knowing proper contraceptive useage!!!

and OMG someone please shoot mrs. spears! saying that "i couldn't believe it when she told me! she was always the responsible one! and she was always home before curfew!" is ******** ridiculous.

can you NOT have sex before curfew or something???

apparently not in mama spears' little world. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 am
eh all this stuff is hyped up XD the same s**t has been happening since our grandparents generation and believe it or not it was still going on before them. The only difference now is that there is more access and more free time to dwell on such ridiculous subjects :3

Edit: XD Saku chan said it best..  

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

Haha6977

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:57 am
bah. I feel old. Kids now a days yelling at their parents and junk. My momma would have knocked me the f--ck out. Time outs don't work. Especially when kids get to go have time out in their rooms with every game systems in there, or the internet. It pisses me off. Not to mention parents being all damn mealy mouthed about punishments. Ridiculous. I'm not saying beat your kids, but I am saying get better control of them. It is ludicrous to think that it is the kid's fault or blaming someone else when it is clearly the parent's fault. that's the whole reason behind when you have kids, to teach them right from dang wrong. geez. Bunch of savages in this world.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:46 pm
YukaSilkenFur
Mephistopheles Incarnate
squee_moon
I don't see the whole "Omg i have had sex im so cool 8D" Thing o.O

Most teenagers do it for fun these days and don't think about the consequences :/ I went to an all girls school and 3 girls got pregnant, one when we were in year 9 O_O so i would of been...like 14ish and 2 in year 11 so 15-16 :/ i just dont see the point of wasting your life

I'm a virgin and I'm 15 but I STILL wouldn't have sex at all because i'm too aware of how badly it would affect my life if i got some girl pregnant, not to mention how the child would grow up.
Most males my age and older feel as though they have to prove themselves by losing their virginity. I can't say about you girls, but
I guess that all i can say is that testosterone is a powerful thing.
I don't think it's all that powerful, and even if it is, there's a thing called masturbation. >> I'm 18 and a virgy, but that because I seem to be one of the few of my generation that see sex as a connection with someone you love, an intertwining of spirits as well as bodies.

I'll have to agree with you on the latter point,

But you're (as far as i know) A FEMALE, so how would you honestly know first-hand if it was or was not powerful unless you were taking some form of anabolic steroid??

as for Masturbation, I'm buddhist, and it sickens me.  

HellKnight Azrael

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:30 pm
Hanku Royiaki
The teen sex thing is way out of control, which it truly shouldn't be. I mean the IQ of most of these little kids has dropped tremendously. Condoms; what's so hard or wrong about them? But the more irritating thing is the language and spicier racism in our culture. I mean, let's compare it shall we? Back when racism was at its hottest, people were worried about the KKK and the Black Panthers for their violent ways against the opposing race. Nowadays, we have gangs, mafias, cults, and many more violent people fueled by hatred. I'd rather live with the KKK in my neighborhood than any of these gangsters.

On a lighter yet more irritating and perhaps sarcastic note, let it be law, "White people cannot talk like they're black!" Seriously the only people I see here on Gaia that use the N word are white folk acting black. There's only one white person who pulled that off successfully and that's Eminem. This truly needs to stop! The stupidity in our society desperate to be cool is making me lose more brain cells than what alcohol could take away! -_-

um. we're talking about sexuality in today's current gen. not racism.

please don't pull racism into every thread you post in. crying

ANYWAY, i forgot to add earlier that i didn't go to some little tiny po'dunk high school, either. we had over 2000 students.

and ONLY TWO GOT PREGGERS! scream  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:42 pm
In my school only one girl I knew became a prego and after that happened my school decided to make a program to teach us about babies and the responsibilities that come with having them. They made us take care of a doll baby that you had to feed, burp and rock to sleep, plus change the dipper. I never got to take it home though, but one girl in my class who did get to take it home actually suffered a nervous breakdown because no matter what she did the baby wouldn't stop crying (turns out it was defective), so they had to give the robo baby to someone else (after it got fixed). That was suppose to teach her about the big responsibility of having a child, but ironically she went and got pregnant plus she got an std. sweatdrop  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:44 pm
Nothing new really, that sort of thing has been going on since time began, it's just that we were more conservative in our beliefs in the past few generations, and thus, things like that got viewed as a bad thing when just a few generations before that, pregnancies at that age were encouraged or at least commonplace.

I'd actually have to slightly blame the internet for our culture no longer being as conservative as it once was. I mean, it's opened up all sorts of new ideas to us that many people in my generation wouldn't have found out about until later in life. I mean, I knew more information about sex in third grade than a third grader of the previous generation would know by the sixth grade. Of course, I really have no hardcore proof that it would be exactly sixth grade, but my point still stands.

Of course, I say a few generations like it was no time at all, which in the grand scheme of things, it isn't, but that's not my point. But the few generations I'm talking about would be like, 6 or so, making it about 150 years ago, give or take a few decades.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:05 pm
This happened to my cousin...only she did it on purpose sweatdrop She's due in a month. I pray for that baby...his mother won't be able to read bedtimes stories to him because she can't read well...

Why do people do stupid things like this? We all know based on Britney's motherhood that Lynn Spears has not taught these girls anything about motherhood...Jamie will probably be no better than Britney...  

MonsieurSponge

SecondBanana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:22 pm
bluegrass cat
Hanku Royiaki
The teen sex thing is way out of control, which it truly shouldn't be. I mean the IQ of most of these little kids has dropped tremendously. Condoms; what's so hard or wrong about them? But the more irritating thing is the language and spicier racism in our culture. I mean, let's compare it shall we? Back when racism was at its hottest, people were worried about the KKK and the Black Panthers for their violent ways against the opposing race. Nowadays, we have gangs, mafias, cults, and many more violent people fueled by hatred. I'd rather live with the KKK in my neighborhood than any of these gangsters.

On a lighter yet more irritating and perhaps sarcastic note, let it be law, "White people cannot talk like they're black!" Seriously the only people I see here on Gaia that use the N word are white folk acting black. There's only one white person who pulled that off successfully and that's Eminem. This truly needs to stop! The stupidity in our society desperate to be cool is making me lose more brain cells than what alcohol could take away! -_-

um. we're talking about sexuality in today's current gen. not racism.

please don't pull racism into every thread you post in. crying

ANYWAY, i forgot to add earlier that i didn't go to some little tiny po'dunk high school, either. we had over 2000 students.

and ONLY TWO GOT PREGGERS! scream

.....Preggers is a funny word.... :LOL:

ANYWAY.
I hate my generation, Can we trade?

Seriously, with all of these imbiciles, they overshadow the good people, such as myself, and it creates a bad name for all teenagers. I want out. NAO. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:46 pm
I beg your pardon!!!! I do not bring up racism in every thread I post in. I can count on one hand how many times I've brought up racism on Gaia, let alone this guild. Watch what you say next time. :X

And, this thread is about this current generation, not specifically about teen pregnancy. I read the topic. I couldn't talk about teen pregnancy so much so I brought up another topic. Sheesh. neutral  

Hanku Royiaki

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:13 pm
Hanku Royiaki
I beg your pardon!!!! I do not bring up racism in every thread I post in. I can count on one hand how many times I've brought up racism on Gaia, let alone this guild. Watch what you say next time. :X

And, this thread is about this current generation, not specifically about teen pregnancy. I read the topic. I couldn't talk about teen pregnancy so much so I brought up another topic. Sheesh. neutral
Actually, the thread is kinda about teen pregnancy, considering that is what all but one line of the first post is dedicated to talking about.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:37 pm
Having Kids is way overrated. Especially if one has them young. I don't care who you are, the level of person needed to raise a child in this world is well above a young age, like a 16 or whatnot. Granted, there is exceptions, but I can almost guarantee that they had a rough road in doing so. Especially now, with the DFS's of this country preying on young parents, and mainly innocent ones, while harsh ones or bad ones get off more or less scot free. Kids need to realize this and many other things. while they have all this nifty freedom, like no bills and so on, but I'll tell you this as an adult. Treasure it while you can. It is a cold hard world for those unprepared, and even to some that are. Be grateful that you have what you have, b/c in many cases, it is gone as soon as you reach 18.  

Haha6977

Hanku Royiaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:42 pm
bluegrass cat

discuss:

this generation's legacy
whacked out celebs acting TWENTY YEARS OLDER than they should

heart

???*shrug* fine I'll delete if you guys hate it so much. -_-  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:55 pm
whoa, whoa....what's that all about? I'd like to think what I just posted earlier is good advice. and besides. this is a valid point.  

Haha6977

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces