Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Once, twice and thrice... (christmas eve as of page 8) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss me?
  Yes!
  Nah..
  Er... Who are you?
View Results

Haha6977

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:39 pm
well, you're still cool in your own way. Not everyone can do it, and before I was desensitized, I was scared to s**t by even b-rate horror flicks, you know the ones that can be more funny than anything else. Now, I happen to love the Evil Dead series. Bruce Campbell is like a friggin god. xd But alas, Some people never get over that stuff. It's alright. Doesn't make you bad, or less cool. In fact, I just recently found that I can admit that I fear snakes and spiders.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:42 pm
There's nothing wrong with a good horror film... Although I watch so many that I've started carrying a copy of the zombie survival guide around with me... sweatdrop

Still their fun, I like survival movies and well more often then not that happens to be a horror as most of them are survival horror... Plus it's no worse then what I'm trained to expect as a soldier.  

Grail Avara

Magnetic Survivor

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:46 pm
At first I was embarrassed cause it shouldn't be such a big deal, but then I got tired of pretending like it wasn't affecting me just to please everyone else. stare

I love my friends, but seriously. I do watch and do things that I don't like for them from time to time cause I don't like being selfish. They know what I don't and do like. I don't care much for being cool or whatever, I just want to be at peace with the things that bother me. They told me that the more I watch and do the things I don't like the more I'll get used to it and the less it will affect me. Well I've been trying...so far nothing has changed for me and if anything it's gotten worse. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:47 pm
I can definitely understand that Grail. One of my best friends and father figures, is a retired vet and he's told me 'war stories' about the training. Probably has been updated since he was in, but still sounded like pure hell.
LOL @ Zombie Survival Guide. That so reeks of Awesomeness. xd  

Haha6977

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:49 pm
shinsevenx
True, true....but in any case, think of the most evil thing that you could think of. If you can, you have evil in you. Not that it is bad, just saying that we all have a balance there. However, it is true that the people who thought it up are out there, but the chances of them actually doing that stuff is slim to none. They wouldn't want to mess up their money by going to jail in this, the era of CSI.

its just the blatent proof that people out there actually think of that kind of stuff that i find disturbing >.< to me thats frightening to see how far the human mind can go in terms of causing the maximum amount of pain and suffering. I mean, when i think about removing someones finger nails or teeth without anaesthetic in order to cause the most amount of pain, i wince and then have to stop thinking about it because it makes my own teeth and fingers kinda wince themselves too! I cant even think about that kind of thing, let alone try and portray it realistically!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:53 pm
Heh peer pressure is more pressure then a gunfight believe me on that... Just be yourself and if they don't like that then they aren't really friends, they just like seeing you squirm in discomfort.

Hehe the zombie survival guide is actually a good read. It's written in good humour and the survival aspect of it can actually be used in real life. Oh and training is still hell twisted  

Grail Avara

Magnetic Survivor

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:56 pm
@ Grail- That book is freaking funny! xd My friend carries it, too. I told him in a joke that if I needed an expert on a zombie invasion I had him. xd

@ Iconised- Same happens to me, too. I can't even watch insects cause I get all itchy. If I see like a broken arm or if I hear like someone saying they got hurt then that place hurts me. gonk I keep telling myself that it's all in my head (which is actually the case), but it doesn't help much. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:04 pm
Hehe I love the book, mine is all dog earred now... But it looks better like it.

Right I'm now going to throw out a December letter let's see who it lands on whee  

Grail Avara

Magnetic Survivor

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:06 pm
My friend's book is all torn and his uncle wrote a giant X plus wrote bull s**t on the cover. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:08 pm
@ Miss Munchie: wow....good thing you didn't see me and my friends wrestle. You'd have been all effed up. But What Grail said is true. Friends should also give a fair bit back as well. If I were you and you are serious about trying to get a bit better though, try the Evil Dead series. It's more dark humor than scary...and so on and so forth. But if not, offer a compromise. There's no point in torturing yourself just to please your friends....it isn't selfish, it's called saving your sanity a bit. Some fears just aren't meant to be done away with. In truth, fear can save one's life at times.

@ Icon : Yes...the world is all effed up. It is a sad state of affairs....but you know what is truly scary? It's only getting worse.

@ Grail: Ah, I see. I'll let my pal know. xd I'll have to try to find the book, once my financial sitch gets under control. sounds hilariously awesome.  

Haha6977

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:16 pm
@shinse- I watched a wrestling match on t.v. and one of them ended up with a broken arm. gonk He fell on it and it got twisted really bad.

@Grail- In training do they really yell in your face? I think I'd always get them screaming at me because when I get nervous I laugh and if they yelled in my face, I'm sorry, but I would just start laughing. It's from my nerves though, it's not that I'm making fun. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:19 pm
Yep they still yell in our faces and smack us around the kevlar helmet with a rifle butt or boot. But it's just to toughen us up, it's hell but it's worth it.  

Grail Avara

Magnetic Survivor

Haha6977

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:25 pm
You should have seen the fatal four way match at WCW's next to last pay per view called Sin. A wrestler by the name of Sid Vicious jumps off the top rope and breaks his leg. His foot literally was pointing in the other direction. Hell even I was sickened.

@ Grail: Yeah, it does toughen a person up, that training...but when you make it out, a person can tell. It's in the way y'all carry yourselves. Don't get me wrong, however...most of the times it's cool. but some you meet and are like....>.> they could have stayed away. lol They let it go to their heads.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:30 pm
shinsevenx

@ Icon : Yes...the world is all effed up. It is a sad state of affairs....but you know what is truly scary? It's only getting worse.

im not sure that i agree with that, the world is a bit screwed (well, maybe more than a bit) but I dont think its getting worse. I think its just becoming different you know? Theres roughly the same amount of goodness and evil but its just different >.<

eeeee letter ^_^  

Iconised Ghost

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:30 pm
I saw something like that at a football game. The guy had the ball and one from the other team landed on his back and when he fell his leg bent the wrong way. gonk I fell off my bed cause I wasn't expecting that, and they kept replaying it, too.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff