Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Why is hello-kitty so Creepy? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hello kitty is creepy?
  H3ll yeah! in her cold black eyes are the abyss of hell!
  Umm no sh'e's cute...
View Results

Haha6977

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:11 am
I Love Anna More than...

I think the above post makes a strong case for the overall creepiness of merchandising. Hello Kitty in itself isn't creepy, just the overwhelming flood of inane merch.

Anything in this world. Live with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:57 am
I MADE IT SCARY >>  

Ravagraid

Feral Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:12 pm
Badtzmaru (Sp?) is pwnsome.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:47 pm
]-Wandering-Raven-[

That's hawt.  

Pachelbel Canon

shou-rong

5,650 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:43 pm
i think she's adorable

she is so cute heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:12 pm
]-Wandering-Raven-[

You made it better, by associating it with hot hippie bod! Nice!  

Artanus

Alienor Kaze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:59 pm
It's more of a matter on what kind of backdrop you put her in. For example, if you put Hello Kitty in the burning pits of hell and slathered her pastel-colored clothes in blood, it would pass as creepy. Brushing those aside, I personally think she's cute. Mostly because I can never fully picture Hello Kitty standing over a mutilated body with a bloodied butcher knife at hand. I guess it's because I've always liked her since as long as I could remember and can only imagine her in a background of sunshine, daisies, and butterflies.

Besides anything kiddy-cute can become sinister if you tweak it in just the right way. *cough*Happytreefriends*cough*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:26 pm
i think if hello kitty realyl wanted to she could take over the world like a ruthless dictator! ninja  

Benjamaninja

B r o k e n x M u l e

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:44 pm
hello kitty is kind acute >W< but my mom says in singapore or a country blah i dont know the country's name...a lot of kids beg their grandparents,parents or uncles and aunts to buy them happy meal in macdonald...and their toy?...HELLO KITTY! WELL..Many parents uncles aunties and grandparents raided almsot ALL MCDONALD SHOPS.They say some of the trash bins are full of the happy meals..they only want the hello kitty toy...waste of money right? the food they throw,the toy they take -.-...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:54 pm
x3Mirax3
hello kitty is kind acute >W< but my mom says in singapore or a country blah i dont know the country's name...a lot of kids beg their grandparents,parents or uncles and aunts to buy them happy meal in macdonald...and their toy?...HELLO KITTY! WELL..Many parents uncles aunties and grandparents raided almsot ALL MCDONALD SHOPS.They say some of the trash bins are full of the happy meals..they only want the hello kitty toy...waste of money right? the food they throw,the toy they take -.-...

while that post made little sense... its nothing new. Since the beginning of time people have been collecting the mcdonald's toys.

I myself have an extensive collection of the miniature barbie dolls among others, I have the 80s batman and catwoman toys, the inspector gadget set [completed], old promotional cookie cutters, and many, many more mc donald's toys. My mother has been collecting them since my sister was an infant. she was born in 1979. It used to be worth it to buy just the toy for a dollar but now that the toy itself costs two dollars, we just buy the whole meal and I could see people wanting just the toy and throwing out the food because its not something they want to eat six of. When they came out with Mulan toys in 1998 I collected the whole set. I also have old Snow White toys from the release on VHS and alladdin toys and hercules toys, the disney ones are among the most popular.

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:09 pm
angel_half82
Badtzmaru (Sp?) is pwnsome.

you spelled it right. 3nodding

if anyone hates hk, please don't come to my profile...ish full of the hk goodness! xd

((if you DO like it, go check it out for the new theme song for the new animated series! its awesome! heart ))  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:46 pm
but..

I'm not a hippy..  

Ravagraid

Feral Sex Symbol

14,650 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

despodinto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:26 am
shou-rong
i think she's adorable

she is so cute heart

i dont know... her eyes kinda looks right thru your soul or something >_< xp xp xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:30 pm
Helo Kitty aka known as Kitty white ....thats her real name is AWESOME!!!

im a Sanrio fan since like i was 5 years old!

she freakin rocks only and just bcuz shes a cute kitty

yup whoever hates....deal with it  

josskitty28

despodinto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:36 am
BTW happy tree friends rock!!  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers