Does anyone of you write a poems? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K0m0d0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:47 pm
God-Raped-Me
In no way was I being an a*****e, I was simply giving my comments, which is what she wanted. If she doesn't want the bad with the good then she shouldn't post "please comment". She should have said I don't want to hear anything bad about this.

I say you were. :/.

It wasn't a very good comment. It's not that she doesn't want to hear anything bad about her poem, she just doesn't want people to be rude jerks. Not that she wasn't being rude, herself. I never targeted you specifically.

"I think it's too similar to the stereotypical emo poetry going around these days. All that stuff is for is to get attention. It makes you look like you're just trying to get attention, too." And that's all you had to say. Once again, I'm not saying that she wasn't being rude either. It was a general comment.

Forgive me for expecting more decency from you, I guess.
neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:48 pm
Read the last post on page two. Thanks. I'll unlock the thread later.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Callista_Moon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:01 pm
I love poems. They help me think. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:16 pm
User Image Erm. . . No. I've written one really bad poem in my life that wasn't against my will. I like to think it had meter, but I don't think it had that. I'll have to re-read it, if I'm going to describe it further. ~wanders around my house and digs through all the stuff on my floor~ Well. . . I can't find my notebook. . . I guess I'll re-read it later. . . User Image  

Reiku Alche

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:22 pm
I've got some old stuff on poetry.com...most of it was for college courses, but still fun to write. Sometimes I'd write to "capture" my feelings about something...though I am really only an average poet at best. I never wrote for others, just my own enjoyment.

Poetry is good for venting!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:24 pm
Kals is questing again!
I have written some really awful poetry in my day... stuff that I thought was "dark" or "poignant" or whatnot. Really it was mostly "whine whine whine, transparent whine whine i think i'm clever whine whine whine." Thank goodness I grew out of that retarded stage. Now my whining is completely honest. Of course my poetry was never emo because emo wasn't invented until about 3 years after I got out of high school. I enjoy the challenge of writing Italian sonnets now and again, and not just by using the rhyme scheme and iambic pentameter; I pay attention to where I make the poem turn from "dilemma" to "solution" or "situation" to "new light" as well. Traditionally it happens right where the rhyme scheme changes, but it can be tricky to make it transition smoothly.

I also like to write impressionist poetry in the style of the modernist era.

@LiLaBelle: So you got ripped off by Poetry.com and haven't figured out that it's a scam yet, eh? Go ahead, feel proud about being a sucker. Did they invite you to Disneyland or Hollywood? Tell you they want to record you reading one of your poems for their spoken anthology? Have you read half the poetry in those books? Or were you smart enough NOT to fork over the $70+ they wanted in order to own the book that has your own work in it? Here's a newsflash; you should be getting paid for having your work published in somebody else's book.

RE: using the word "p***y" as an insult: it's not a reference to female anatomy, it's a reference to the term "scaredy cat" or "fraidy cat". So it's not sexist, it's species-ist.

EDIT: It's really hard not to flame someone who uses such amazing sentence structure as "Does anyone of you write a poems?"

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:30 pm
Meh, some of us just like the ego trip of at least being able to say we are published! It's fun. Besides I don't know anyone who'd publish my poems to make me money...not that I have enough good ones to make money, lol.

I'm sure LiLaBelle just liked the novelty of it. Besides, we all know they publish anyone and anything...it is their business. Not that I'd ever got to their conferences. Shudder.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:40 pm
Kals is questing again!
I was published in the local newspaper when I won a poetry contest held by the public library 11 years ago... 3nodding

Then the library presented me with a framed copy of my poem... in a cheap crappy frame, and whoever typed up the poem had made so many mistakes it wasn't even funny. I was seriously upset. I don't remember if the errors were in the newspaper also. I don't think so.

I've also had a poem or two published in my University's annual student publication, but I never manged to get a copy before they sold out. At least I got free food at the launch party biggrin

I don't think it counts as publishing when the only people who buy the books are the people who have poems in them. Poetry.com is what's known as a "vanity" site. They make their money by exploiting people and they get away with it because they keep stroking those egos. I really wish I could get back the money I gave them. That was one of the stupidest periods of my life.

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 pm
nice. 3nodding

here's one:

"i had a cat named snowbell... SHE DIED! she died!
my mom said he was sleeping.... SHE LIED! she lied!
oh WHY oh why is my cat dead?
why couldn't that crysler hit ME instead!"

*bows* athankyouverrymuch. xd
(for those who don't recognise that one, it's a poem by lisa simpson ^^)

...but as for your question of who writes poems, i do occasionally when i'm feeling particularly inspired. smile ...but alot of my poems are focused on imagery and i hate to admit but afew times they've come out extremely emo sounding. sweatdrop (emo is a style of music coming from san fransisco, damnit! D:< it just means EMOTIONAL... geez.)
but despite that, i do love writing stories and poetry when i get the chance. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:20 pm
I love poetry. whee Reading it (in web forums and newspapers, books and magazines), writing it (on the backs of worksheets and doodles, bathroom walls and Microsoft Word).... Poems of all sorts. Even those classified as "emo". Hey, if it's good, it's good, regardless of whether it's depressing. <.<

Typically, I find myself writing rather sardonic and narrative poems. A few titles are Lizard Lawyer, Beast and Blade, Shapeshifter, and Patience Learned the Hard Way.

But on occassion, I'll go for something with a more serious tone. Like so:

Pressed Flower

My mistress is a strange one,
A cheery, frail old thing.
All day she grins and sits alone,
Watching robins sing.

Though I’m the maid, and glad to work
It’s she who cleans our house.
She sweeps the porch, and scrubs the plates,
And irons every blouse.

And afterwards, she cooks my meals,
Then tells me of her life,
Of how she used to dance and sing;
Careless; free of strife.

She tells me of the friends she knew,
Or choices she once had.
She proudly claims there’s no regrets,
And yet, her eyes are sad.

More a mystery than this,
A chamber’s locked all day.
But once a night, I see her go,
And hear a record play.

The door stays closed, I never know
What happens in that room.
All I get are clues, like sounds,
And scents of old perfume.

And so, this brings us to me now,
Creeping in a dirty dress,
Crouched atop my master’s roof,
Curious, I guess.

And peeping through her window,
I am shocked to see her face.
No beaming grin upon her lips,
A weak one in its place.

Curled atop an ancient bed,
With photos in her hand;
Pictures of two laughing teens
Kneeling in the sand,

She sighs aloud and puts them back
In boxes by her side,
Then opens up an album
And frees the tears that hide.

“Why, oh why,” she softly moans
While wiping tear-stained cheek.
“Why couldn’t I just speak my mind?
Why must I be so weak?”

I do not know of what she speaks,
Or why she feels such pain.
There are no photos in her book,
No pictures to explain.

Alone within the pages,
A single daisy sits.
Wrinkled, dry, the palest blue,
To bygones, it commits.

My mistress gently plucks it free.
A final tear is shed.
Its petals fall off, one by one,
Before she drops it, dead.

She was my greatest teacher,
And her lessons are quite clear.
Find your strength, express your thoughts,
Before you lose what’s dear.

The rhythm and grammar is off in many places, but you get the gist. sweatdrop I wrote this one while I was sitting in detention last year....(unexcused tardies, y'see...)  

Slim95
Crew

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:24 pm
God-The-RapistV2.0
LiLaBelle
Yeppers, I write poetry and have for about 13 years now. I started back in '98 when I was first diagnosed with cancer, so most of the older poems are dark...but I like the sunny ones the best.

I've had 3 poems published in a coffee table poetry book (very proud of that) but haven't written anything new in ages..literally. Maybe I should start putting everything into words again...always made me feel better to write. smile

Keep up your writings...who knows, it just may take you somewhere in the future!! I wish you the best with your writings and will check back here agin to see how you're doing. smile

Stop looking for special treatment.

You aren't unique or special. Lots of people have cancer. In fact everyone gets cancer.

I know I have cancer.

Like, too much cancer. I'm selling some of it, it pretty much covers 98% of my body.

I don't write poetry about it, though, unicorns are a much better form of subject matter for poetry about my dark soul.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:30 pm
Yup. Unicorns exude deep depression and hatred.  

Slim95
Crew

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Kals is questing again!
they totally do. They're all bitter about missing the ark.

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:25 pm
Tis their own damn fault!
They were only focused on their play,
to which if they'd just put a hault,
They'd still be here this day!

Yuppeys...that was lame too...but funny punny!

Edit...it seems there was a typo earlier...I accidentally removed a word. I'm such a silly bird!  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:51 pm
User Image

Ok here's my Nicer comment:
It's an over done topic. Don't write these types of poems. Every teen goes through something like this. If you actually want to make this type of topic intresting to the world write it from someone else's POV. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

User Image

Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces