Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Super Size Me Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love?
  And Peace!!!
View Results

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:51 am
What about Fast Food Nation? Did anyone here watch or read that? -_-  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:37 pm
Metalic_Noodles

I should be. A few years ago shcools were telling us that not eating is bad. Not they try to make us hurl instead of eat with some of thier s**t. (Bulimia)

First we were all too thin, now eating more than 1/2 a plate a day is bad.

rolleyes

FAD

~Metalic_Noodles

Dieting and the ideal bodyy shape is a fad. Mental illness such as Anorexia and Bulimia are not fads. People dont become anorexic just because they want to be thin. Often it has nothing to do with being thin  

Iconised Ghost

ilovmusic11

Friendly Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:33 pm
yah thats where i saw it TWICE its getting nasty  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:24 am
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

I should be. A few years ago shcools were telling us that not eating is bad. Not they try to make us hurl instead of eat with some of thier s**t. (Bulimia)

rolleyes

FAD

~Metalic_Noodles

Dieting and the ideal bodyy shape is a fad. Mental illness such as Anorexia and Bulimia are not fads. People dont become anorexic just because they want to be thin. Often it has nothing to do with being thin

Ya, there are real cases, but I was called anorexic because I just looked that way, because I was sick. Dumbass dr. anyway, from what I've been told (I have no memory for events, just the stories and pictures) the guy was chomping on his foot when my mom offered to take me to McD and I aggreed.

Sometimes it's real, people do it to feel like they have some control over thier lives, but models, people who just want to be a stick because so-and-so is... that's all fad.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:35 pm
Metalic_Noodles
Iconised Ghost
Metalic_Noodles

rolleyes

FAD

~Metalic_Noodles

Ya, there are real cases, but I was called anorexic because I just looked that way, because I was sick. Dumbass dr. anyway, from what I've been told (I have no memory for events, just the stories and pictures) the guy was chomping on his foot when my mom offered to take me to McD and I aggreed.

Sometimes it's real, people do it to feel like they have some control over thier lives, but models, people who just want to be a stick because so-and-so is... that's all fad.

~Metalic_Noodles

Models and people who want to be a stick arent usually anorexic though. Being skeletal, having organ failure, having to apply creams and take drugs just so that you can excrete something because your muscles are so wasted is not popular- being thin is the fad, being anorexic is not  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:41 am
I was actually eating a bag of Hershey's kisses while I watched the video. Once it was over, I didn't want to eat anymore, and I came up with the idea that I would go on a diet. But then, I work at a fast food restaurant. So it only phazed me for a few days, and then I went back to eating whatever.

And I thought the guy's girlfriend was biatch x.x

Maybe that was just me. But she annoyed me, so throughout the movie, my irritation kept growing, and I think it kind of softened the blow about what they were talking about. Fast food is part of American life, and I highly doubt that it will ever go away. It's more of a habit than anything else because it's so easily accessible. When I have kids, I won't take them to McDonald's. That's just something I've decided on.

Obesiety is such a problem in America. I'm not sure which is more disturbing, the problem itself of the way it's being manipulated. Our school actually cut back on the fattening food they serve a few years ago, because parents were complaining and blaming the school for their kids' weight problems. Which is ridiculous. But they took away the french fries. Of all things, they took away the school's french fries; and they took all of the soda machines out except for three in the high school. They also won't let us have off-campus lunch, but I think that's also tied with the fact that some people don't show self-control and can't handle themselves outside of school. Ugh. It's been frustrating, to say the least. Watching the movie only made me more aware of what's going on in our country.

Arianna Reece

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:51 pm
Ashon_Superior
Is it just me but did anyone else get hungry after they watched Super Size Me?
Actually that movie made me want to skip many meals for a month, or at least less  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff