Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Doc was almost arrested xD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XXX
  Pronz? o_O
  Str8 Edge FTW!
View Results

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:03 pm
[Tsukasa567]
Arianna Reece
I'm within the week-period. Barely, I admit. I have ten minutes left before it would have broken the week thing. And I didn't see it earlier razz
No, it's been broken, last post was on the 9th, it's the 17th according to Gaia time. That's more than a week.

yupp. eight days. I just counted.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:05 pm
But what time zone are we going by? I know if it had said the ninth on here, I wouldn't have posted anything. And I'm aware that my time zone might be different than yours. . .

But I'm assuming that since this has brought up so much attention, it's been granted another seven days.

Arianna Reece

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:09 pm
Arianna Reece
But what time zone are we going by? I know if it had said the ninth on here, I wouldn't have posted anything. And I'm aware that my time zone might be different than yours. . .

But I'm assuming that since this has brought up so much attention, it's been granted another seven days.
All time zones are shown as west coast time, I'm on the east coast, and it shows west coast time for anything I do. Wouldn't matter either way though, it was still 7 days since there was a post, so the topic was dead, now if you posted in it yesterday, it would have been fine.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:13 pm
Seriously? Because it shows everything in my time. . . I'm in the Central, and everything that's been posted is being shown according to my clock. I really didn't think anything of it because it was within my week-span. It's too early/late for me to try and think technically of the time zones since they aren't posted like I'm guessing yours are.

Freaking technicalities x.x

Arianna Reece

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:14 pm
Arianna Reece

never assume.

no it has not.

right about now I wish I had my super magicky mod powers back

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:16 pm
Arianna Reece
Seriously? Because it shows everything in my time. . . I'm in the Central, and everything that's been posted is being shown according to my clock. I really didn't think anything of it because it was within my week-span. It's too early/late for me to try and think technically of the time zones since they aren't posted like I'm guessing yours are.

I don't know, I always thought it was odd that it showed up as being that time zone, never bothered trying to find out if there was something I could do to change it, not that difficult to add three to whatever time it shows. xd I am almost 100% that once it hits 7 days, then the topic is considered dead, not if it's past that.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:18 pm
[Tsukasa567]
Arianna Reece

I don't know, I always thought it was odd that it showed up as being that time zone, never bothered trying to find out if there was something I could do to change it, not that difficult to add three to whatever time it shows. xd I am almost 100% that once it hits 7 days, then the topic is considered dead, not if it's past that.

yupp. one week and its dead.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:22 pm
I apologize, my bad >.>

Guess no one bothered to inform me about the West Coast time zone. I knew about the week thing, I didn't post just to be an a**. Sheesh. Let's see. The West Coast is behind me two hours. Hm. But yeah, you can change the Time Zone settings in the Account area. I get confused otherwise.

And I only need one person to correct me, thank you very much.

Arianna Reece

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:28 pm
Arianna Reece
I apologize, my bad >.>

Guess no one bothered to inform me about the West Coast time zone. I knew about the week thing, I didn't post just to be an a**. Sheesh. Let's see. The West Coast is behind me two hours. Hm. But yeah, you can change the Time Zone settings in the Account area. I get confused otherwise.

And I only need one person to correct me, thank you very much.
I don't care enough to change it though. xd I like it the way it is, makes me think sometimes. But like I said, it wouldn't matter if it were 8 hours behind, it's still been 7 days since the last post was made.

Of course, this all is coming from someone who isn't a mod, which we need so this thread can get graveyarded.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:31 pm
Hm. So what do the mods do? Just graveyard old threads and ban people from the guild?

I've noticed there are a lot of people who kinda patrol the threads. Hence why you're here now. And stuff gets thrown down pretty quickly. I admit that sometimes I think it's a little pathetic how quickly so many people will jump on someone who *gasp* did something wrong. But eh, it's keeping things in order.

But I don't think I've ever really talked with someone who could actually do anything about it.

edit: and is by the seventh day, or is it by the end of the seventh day? because i was thinking it was the end of the seventh day, so by my clock, that's kinda what i went by.

Arianna Reece

Rock Louder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:40 pm
that's funny. my friend dialed 911 one time and she told the operator that some guy was trying to break into the car next door. she didn't know that the guy trying to break in, was the owner himself. that was like 3 years ago when we were 13. she got a bug talk about dialing 911...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:40 pm
Arianna Reece
Hm. So what do the mods do? Just graveyard old threads and ban people from the guild?

I've noticed there are a lot of people who kinda patrol the threads. Hence why you're here now. And stuff gets thrown down pretty quickly. I admit that sometimes I think it's a little pathetic how quickly so many people will jump on someone who *gasp* did something wrong. But eh, it's keeping things in order.

But I don't think I've ever really talked with someone who could actually do anything about it.

edit: and is by the seventh day, or is it by the end of the seventh day? because i was thinking it was the end of the seventh day, so by my clock, that's kinda what i went by.

mods control subs, warn people, enforce rules, and, in enforcing rules, ultimately may ban people and graveyard threads.

its the eighth day.

and don't be snippy with me about informing you of rules.

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arianna Reece

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:45 pm
Well I'm aware it's the eighth day now x.x

I wasn't aware that it was considered the eighth day on my seventh day. And yes, I do believe that makes sense. And I have become fairly snippy lately. Don't take it personally. Maybe it's just that it's late?

Bleh. Well I'm not the only "law-breaker" posting here now :3

Do you think we could start a riot? I think that might be fun. Though, I'm not sure what we would do. Probably nothing. But still. It's fun to dream.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:47 pm
Arianna Reece

You're mods tend to be the ones that inform you that you are violating a rule, I only did it because I came in to see what the new post was, and happened to notice that there was quite a large amount of time between the previous post and yours.

Also, I'm just trying to inform you of the rules, so I'm not actually violating the rules in my view. xD  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Arianna Reece

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:52 pm
"Posting in a dead thread may be considered justified if and only if to give warning to another whom is unaware of their wrongdoing."

I think that made sense x3

There are a lot of dead threads in here. Though, if this specific thread were to be moved to the subforums, I don't think anyone would care. Those threads can be left alone for months and then suddenly picked up again. The time lapses are interesting to read through. . .

3nodding

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces