Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Holocaust T_T Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jews?
  Great People!
View Results

Arianna Reece

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:51 pm
The thing about history is that it depends on who's writing to determine how bad it sounds. If you think about it, the descriptions about what Americans did to the Native Americans and African Americans are nothing compared to the Holocaust. But in fact, it was much the same thing. However, reading out of the text books we have, America doesn't want to look like the bad guy, so we tend to soften our side of the story. It's terrible, but if you think about it, I bet German textbooks don't relay quite the same picture as American textbooks do.

No one wants to be the bad guy. They'll always come up with some explanation to justify themselves and what they do. Hitler was an amazing leader, despite his sadistic views on society.

And aside from that, America may have known about what was going on in Europe with the concentration camps, but they didn't know exactly how bad it must have been. Besides, we didn't really have the funds to just jump into the war. At the time, no one wanted to be in another war. America was just fine being isolated from Europe's issues. I don't blame them, either. I wouldn't want to be in another war; I don't care what would be going on. We can't just jump into every genocidal affair in the world. That would be ridiculous, and we'd have a horrible economy, paying for so much war supplies and whatnot.

The Holocaust was a terrible time. I believe I watched a movie called "It's A Wonderful Life" [I think that's what it's called], "The Devil's Arithematic," and I've read "Night" by Ellie Weisel. I've yet to see "Schindler's List." I plan to watch it at some point, though. . .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:00 am
I agree with that whole "stay out of other countries' wars and mind your own business" policy entirely. Too bad we can't do that now, our economy sure is paying for it.  

Pachelbel Canon

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces