Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
how come pluto isn't a planet anymore? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

it's a POLE! Run!!!!
  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:16 pm
bluegrass cat
Metalic_Noodles

Not now, but then again, it would take a few generations to even get there. And of course not with our current technology. But who's to say we can't pollute the air of another planet by burning everything there to keep an enviroment dome warm?

~Metalic_Noodles

ah, pluto doesn't really HAVE air...

it does have an atmosphere, kinda, but whenever its orbit carries it too far away from the sun, the atmosphere freezes and falls to the surface of the planet.

also, its made up almost entirely of nitrogen ice and a lot of methane and carbon monoxide, so even if there WAS air, we wouldn't be able to breathe.

and if we could somehow 1) create the atmosphere needed and then 2) fix the air within the atmosphere on pluto, why wouldn't we just do that to earth??

also, there's the fact that neptune and uranus' gravity wreck havoc on it AND there's the issue of humans getting past jupiter's MASSIVE magnetic field...

heart

My answer was way easier.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:41 am
angel_half82
Metalic_Noodles

Not now, but then again, it would take a few generations to even get there. And of course not with our current technology. But who's to say we can't pollute the air of another planet by burning everything there to keep an enviroment dome warm?

~Metalic_Noodles

As soon as you find something to burn on a big a** ice ball then burn to your hearts content.

bluegrass cat
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

it does have an atmosphere, kinda, but whenever its orbit carries it too far away from the sun, the atmosphere freezes and falls to the surface of the planet.

also, its made up almost entirely of nitrogen ice and a lot of methane and carbon monoxide, so even if there WAS air, we wouldn't be able to breathe.

and if we could somehow 1) create the atmosphere needed and then 2) fix the air within the atmosphere on pluto, why wouldn't we just do that to earth??

also, there's the fact that neptune and uranus' gravity wreck havoc on it AND there's the issue of humans getting past jupiter's MASSIVE magnetic field...

heart

You guys don't watch/read enough sci-fi. I was refering to those atmostshere domes, and artificail air/gravity, enviroment in a clear, giant, dome.

Oh, and turning the gas into energy/heat/anything is a specailty of man-kind, just behind anhilation and destruction. Since there is so much ice, water wouldn't be hard to find, just need tons of purification plants.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:53 pm
Metalic_Noodles
angel_half82
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

As soon as you find something to burn on a big a** ice ball then burn to your hearts content.

bluegrass cat
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

heart

You guys don't watch/read enough sci-fi. I was refering to those atmostshere domes, and artificail air/gravity, enviroment in a clear, giant, dome.

Oh, and turning the gas into energy/heat/anything is a specailty of man-kind, just behind anhilation and destruction. Since there is so much ice, water wouldn't be hard to find, just need tons of purification plants.

~Metalic_Noodles

yeeeah, i've seen biodome and logan's run, so i don't think biodomes in general are good ideas.

stare  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:44 pm
Yeah but the ice isnt necessaril H2O. It could be frozen nitrogen, or CO2 etc. I dunno what it is on pluto, it could be water, but i would have thought it would be something else  

Iconised Ghost

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:15 am

No, but the bio dome would need oxyigen, and seeing as hydrogen is one of the most common elements, making water wouldn't be hard, I bet that pluto has plenty of frozen hydrogen.

Co2 and nitrogen could easily be used for power instead of trying to strip mine perma frost.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:51 am
but where is the oxygen going to come from?  

Iconised Ghost

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:58 am

Shipped in, and manufactured.If we can't make oxegen out of nothing yet, it would be super plants that would destry the universe it they don't have constant, massive amounts of Co2. (Which someone said is frozen on pluto)

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:18 am
i said that there could be frozen CO2 on pluto, i dunno if anyone else mentioned it. Where are we going to ship it in from? xd sorry 20 questions  

First Pancake

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:49 am
First Pancake
i said that there could be frozen CO2 on pluto, i dunno if anyone else mentioned it. Where are we going to ship it in from? xd sorry 20 questions

nope, i said it.

the ice of pluto is made mostly of frozen nitrogen with trace amounts of methane and carbon monoxide.

but, like i said before, if we could make biodomes and crap, why the hell would we WANT to live on pluto? its way out in the middle of nowhere, takes forever to get there, and there's no needed resources on the planet.

why wouldn't we just stay on earth and make a biodome here? stare  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:56 am
seeing such ignorance and lack of current events knowledge makes me want to hit some people over the head with encyclopedias.  

Wraith Bane

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:51 pm
Wraith Bane
seeing such ignorance and lack of current events knowledge makes me want to hit some people over the head with encyclopedias.

if you're so smart, why don't you educate us? neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:02 pm
HI!! I agree that we should make a biodome here. Anyway, pluto has no way of life if you where to even try to breath or do anything on pluto with out equipment you whould freeze to death. Oh, I read all the post but I can't remeber if somebody said this, Pluto turned out to be a moon of Uranas, and then they found 2 plants but one blew up.

Or the 7th plant ate the 9th...corny joke i know, 7 ate 9  

i_lov_bubbles

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:18 pm
Iconised Ghost
Wraith Bane

noooo! cause then he'd be taking MY job! crying  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:33 pm
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost
Wraith Bane

true xd but i still want to know what incredible knowledge he/she thinks they have that we are all so ignorant of rolleyes  

Iconised Ghost

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:03 pm
Iconised Ghost
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost
Wraith Bane

true xd but i still want to know what incredible knowledge he/she thinks they have that we are all so ignorant of rolleyes

uuuum...idk. maybe that there's magical aliens on pluto?

OH! or maybe that pluto is in fact, UNICORN PLANET!!!!

HEEEEEY~!

rofl  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas