Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I´m on my medz again.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You got allergies?
  Yes
  No
  A shitload of them!
  PW
View Results

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:54 am
Sheer_Immortal
I'm allergic to dust, pollen (especially grass pollen - I can't go outside when anyone within three blocks has cut their grass, unless I don't mind sneezing and snotting all over the place, not to mention the itchy eyes), cats but not dogs for some reason, either seashells or some sort of varnish or something that is on the shells (I have two different shell necklaces, made of two different kinds of shells, from two different places, and they both give me a rash), and acrylic fabric (also a bumpy, itchy rash - same as the shells). If I ate a bigger variety of foods, I'd probably find some food allergies, too, knowing my luck and family history >.< Speaking of family history in regards to allergies, I'll probably end up deathly allergic to hornets/wasps/etc. in about fifteen/twenty years (both my mom and her mom developed allergies to bees when they hit forty-ish years old).

My brother's allergic to poison oak/etc, but I never got it 'til maybe five years ago - that crap sucks 0.o I think I just got a normal dose of it (as opposed to my brother, who has to have prescription stuff to get rid of it), but it spread pretty good and itched like hell 0.o

I don't really take meds for them, not even OTC, but I do b***h a lot when it's allergy season xD

I have to get a shot in my butt of steriods in order for it to actually work on my poison ivy when I get it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:03 am
angel_half82
Sheer_Immortal
I'm allergic to dust, pollen (especially grass pollen - I can't go outside when anyone within three blocks has cut their grass, unless I don't mind sneezing and snotting all over the place, not to mention the itchy eyes), cats but not dogs for some reason, either seashells or some sort of varnish or something that is on the shells (I have two different shell necklaces, made of two different kinds of shells, from two different places, and they both give me a rash), and acrylic fabric (also a bumpy, itchy rash - same as the shells). If I ate a bigger variety of foods, I'd probably find some food allergies, too, knowing my luck and family history >.< Speaking of family history in regards to allergies, I'll probably end up deathly allergic to hornets/wasps/etc. in about fifteen/twenty years (both my mom and her mom developed allergies to bees when they hit forty-ish years old).

My brother's allergic to poison oak/etc, but I never got it 'til maybe five years ago - that crap sucks 0.o I think I just got a normal dose of it (as opposed to my brother, who has to have prescription stuff to get rid of it), but it spread pretty good and itched like hell 0.o

I don't really take meds for them, not even OTC, but I do b***h a lot when it's allergy season xD

I have to get a shot in my butt of steriods in order for it to actually work on my poison ivy when I get it.
Eek, I hate shots. crying Mine was nowhere near that bad. I just had a combo of anti-itch cream and antihistimine cream regimen for a week or so to get rid of it. 0.0  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:38 am
Sheer_Immortal

I thought everyone who had any reaction to poision ivy/oak/sumac was allergic to it, but that some people had more sever reactions?

lol, I do that too, but after two, or approching that, straight years with only, maybe, a day or two off at a time, I get too cranky.

I think I'm allergic to lack of sleep, My jaw, manly the right side, will itch, and therefore get red. (not sure if it would be red if I didn't scratch) Then my arms, more of my face... Once it was really bad, super visible and I was really aggitated from it, plus sleep deprived.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:04 am
Metalic_Noodles
Sheer_Immortal

I thought everyone who had any reaction to poision ivy/oak/sumac was allergic to it, but that some people had more sever reactions?

lol, I do that too, but after two, or approching that, straight years with only, maybe, a day or two off at a time, I get too cranky.

I think I'm allergic to lack of sleep, My jaw, manly the right side, will itch, and therefore get red. (not sure if it would be red if I didn't scratch) Then my arms, more of my face... Once it was really bad, super visible and I was really aggitated from it, plus sleep deprived.

~Metalic_Noodles
Well sure, if you want to be technical razz Same with bug bites and bee stings. What I meant is that my bro gets it worse than other people - I think that's technically called a sensitivity.

Speaking of bug bites, a mosquito got me on my cheekbone one night, and when I woke up, that whole side of my face was swollen - I couldn't even open my eye. That was an interesting time, I tell you what...0.o  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:35 pm

Damn... and I thought scratching until I have an arm with a rug burn, and bite marks(From me) was bad. Hand misquito bits are the worst, well, tose, and foot. You just can't scratch it right, and you go numb to the feel of pointy nails faster.

Can we discuss what allergies meds tend to work for what? Please?
~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:39 pm
Mosquito bites on joints are the worst >.< especially knuckles

I use claratine and this other thing which is like claratine but cheaper mrgreen plus antihistamine cream and savlon cream (good for itchy-ness and keeps it clean too)  

Iconised Ghost

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:35 pm
angel_half82
Sheer_Immortal

My sister is terribly allergic to poison ivy too. She had to take steroids, but in pill form, not a shot. And it didn't spread too much, mostly it was on her foot the worst time...it was nasty, she coudn't wear a shoe on that foot because it was so big...and it leaked. =(  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff