Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
What will the future be like? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good thing to talk about?
  Yes it´s interesting.
  No it´s boring
  It´s okay
  PW
View Results

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:00 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
angel_half82
Hey now Star Trek is the Poo.
Well no poo but I bet I can come up with a more interesting future then flying around in space talking with aliens in english and who almost always wants to kill you behind your back... xd

Or make sweet Alien loooove in english  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:04 pm
angel_half82
Thanatos Phoenix
angel_half82
Well no poo but I bet I can come up with a more interesting future then flying around in space talking with aliens in english and who almost always wants to kill you behind your back... xd

Haha maybe xd  

Thanatos Phoenix

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:36 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
angel_half82
Thanatos Phoenix
angel_half82

Haha maybe xd

they didn't REALLY speak english. they had universal translators so that as long as you had your badge on, you could understand whatever someone was saying.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:45 pm
bluegrass cat
Thanatos Phoenix
angel_half82
Thanatos Phoenix
angel_half82

Haha maybe xd

they didn't REALLY speak english. they had universal translators so that as long as you had your badge on, you could understand whatever someone was saying.

3nodding
Yeah you´re right, I remember now xd

But on to something diffent and I know I´m going to break my own rule with this one......

I just came up with a pretty scary future conflict that might arise...

Between the religious non-enhanced humans and the enhanced humans, because first I found this question on a transhumanist blogg:

Quote:
If man was created in God’s image, would it be blasphemous for people to radically alter their body and brain as it becomes technologically possible, through genetic engineering or nanotechnology?
site

Then I found this:

Quote:
Only 29.4 percent of Americans believe nanotechnology is "morally acceptable," compared with 62.7 percent in Germany and 72.1 percent in France. The difference has to do with religion, says a University of Wisconsin professor: Americans believe nanotech researchers are "playing God" by trying to extend humans' capabilities. With nanotech poised to give sensation to artificial skin, cure brain cancer and even make your blood cells intelligent, you could see a gulf between European post-humans and American ortho-humans in a few decades if these views translate into law.
site

That s**t freaks me out...... alot.

I do not want to be a cyborg and have a EMP explode over my head...

Any thoughts about this?  

Thanatos Phoenix

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:52 pm
I think its the same as anything, it should be in moderation. I dont want lots of artificial things in my body if i can avoid it, so i probably wouldnt want intelligent blood cells if my immune system works ok naturally. Sensation for artificial skin sounds awesome though and would be a huge advantage for people with artificial limbs. And im not going to say no to a cure for brain cancer xd

it would be interesting to see the difference between european posthumans and american orthohumans though. It would be cool because you could use the american orthohumans as your control group and see if the quality of life is actually improved by technology in the european posthumans mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:56 pm
Iconised Ghost
I think its the same as anything, it should be in moderation. I dont want lots of artificial things in my body if i can avoid it, so i probably wouldnt want intelligent blood cells if my immune system works ok naturally. Sensation for artificial skin sounds awesome though and would be a huge advantage for people with artificial limbs. And im not going to say no to a cure for brain cancer xd

it would be interesting to see the difference between european posthumans and american orthohumans though. It would be cool because you could use the american orthohumans as your control group and see if the quality of life is actually improved by technology in the european posthumans mrgreen
Use the americans as guinea pig, thats going to turn out good...... Not xd  

Thanatos Phoenix

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost

no no, its the other way around xd lol, the Americans are the control group in the study, i.e. they just continue like normal, you dont change anything  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:01 pm
Iconised Ghost
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost

no no, its the other way around xd lol, the Americans are the control group in the study, i.e. they just continue like normal, you dont change anything
Haha I don´t think will work xd  

Thanatos Phoenix

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:04 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost

How come? Do you think they'll change their minds half way through xd they probably would, once they all start dying of brain cancer  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:21 pm
Iconised Ghost
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost

How come? Do you think they'll change their minds half way through xd they probably would, once they all start dying of brain cancer
Well what people don´t have they want, so I think their will be war...

And nano machines have the possibilities to cure all types of cancer 3nodding  

Thanatos Phoenix

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:24 pm
Ah true. But maybe it'll be like a technology race, instead of an arms race, to get the best medical technology so you can dominate the market xd

But it'll probably be nuclear >.<  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:33 pm
Iconised Ghost
Ah true. But maybe it'll be like a technology race, instead of an arms race, to get the best medical technology so you can dominate the market xd

Not nuclear because it destroys structures and thats bad it´s much smarter to kill non-enhanced humans with bioweapons and EMP on the enhanced humans. 3nodding  

Thanatos Phoenix

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:54 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost

Not nuclear because it destroys structures and thats bad it´s much smarter to kill non-enhanced humans with bioweapons and EMP on the enhanced humans. 3nodding

eek true. We're scrwed either way i guess  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:41 am
Iconised Ghost
Thanatos Phoenix
Iconised Ghost

eek true. We're scrwed either way i guess
Yupp I guess so 3nodding  

Thanatos Phoenix

Benjamaninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:10 am
I hope things go the way of metal gear solid!...not in the whole super destructive weapons...i mean like nano machines and codecs....thats my dream world xD  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff