Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
what was the most disturbing crap you've ever watched? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

how scared were you?
  -.-
  =.=
  o.o
  O.O
View Results

Krystalcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:59 pm
The reason cloverfield was most disturbing on my list is the same reason I won't go investigate those other videos you guys are mentioning. Cloverfield caught me offguard, I had no clue what it was going to be, and it was rather creepy.
I hate a lot of the books they made us read in high school for the sake of it being a "classic". F..... Screw that. Like my spanish class in college which required us to watch Y tu Mama Tambien. That was a stupid movie: sex, sex, immaturity, sex, selfishness, sex, betrayal revealed during drunken sex, The End. *still bitter about having to watch that crap* The only book from high school I felt was worth being forced to read was Grapes of Wrath, but I still didn't enjoy it. Don't even get me started on mandatory poetry. (sorry to those of you who love or write poetry, but I strongly dislike poetry) We'll leave it at that.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:51 pm
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Metalic_Noodles

I wouldn't be surprized if it's stuff like that, whether they get it from the school or not, that desencitises kids so that a school shooting is nothing, and brings them the ability to do that withoutmuch thought.

~Metalic_Noodles

Books don't make people kill other people. Neither do movies, video games, the local news, or any other form of media, fictional or otherwise. talk2hand

Actually, as far as i know, no one knows whether books or violent videos etc do or dont cause people to kill other people. There is a correlation, but correlations do not imply causation wink basically no one knows which way the correlation goes, you need to do an experiment for that, and no one will get ethics permission for it mrgreen hurray for stats!

People kill people. They can blame it on the way they were raised but ultimately they make their own decision to kill.

But whhhhhhy do they kill? That is the burning question. I wish i had majored in stats mrgreen

I hate poetry too Krystal ^_^ especially stuff that rhymes  

Iconised Ghost

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:26 pm
You don't consider music lyrics poetry? o_o I do. It's essentially the same thing, but sung and put to instrumentals...

Meh, anyway, I can't really say what the MOST disturbing thing I've ever watched is. I'm not sure. Today I saw a video of a guy drive into crowd of kids sitting in the road protesting war, and he actually ran over a girl, and the vid showed her rolling under his wheels. He wasn't going fast enough to kill her, but still, it was really sad. And it pissed me off too. But I wouldn't say I was disturbed by it. The guy's getting charged for attempted homicide too.
I really do think some people just need to die. Being in a hurry to get to work is really not a valid reason to run someone over, whether you believe in their cause or not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:02 pm
Metalic_Noodles

I was saying that it may desensitize them, giving them little fear of death, and quite possibly a scewed veiw of what death is.

Then again, death doesn't seem to cause me to break down, at all, but that's likely connected to a poor grasp of reality to start with.

If I'm so against books that aren't approved, why would I be fine with a book that has caused many wars, in schools and libraries?

Ever seen Ghost in the shell stand alone complex? Does 'copy cats with no original' ring a bell? Seems to me wars based off of what a book tells them is the same thing, like how the laughing man found the black mail letter, acted apon it, and then there were more copy cats. In the anime, though, each copy cat didn't write thier own continuation and start a war against the others, close, but not quite.

~Metalic_Noodles
I fail to see what is so wrong with not fearing death, it is a perfectly natural occurrence that really has no reason to be feared.

@ angel: Yeah, people blame it on what they read/watch/play because it's no longer anyone's fault that they do something bad, it's always the first scapegoat that they can find that is to blame.

@ artanus: Ehh... Hatchet vs. Genitals was pretty weak. xD BME pain contest was a little worse, but not much. xd  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:04 pm
aprilness
You don't consider music lyrics poetry? o_o I do. It's essentially the same thing, but sung and put to instrumentals...

I dont really consider them to be pure poetry as such. But i never read lyrics and I dont like music where the lyrics rhyme so maybe they are the same xd  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:07 pm
aprilness

Meh, anyway, I can't really say what the MOST disturbing thing I've ever watched is. I'm not sure. Today I saw a video of a guy drive into crowd of kids sitting in the road protesting war, and he actually ran over a girl, and the vid showed her rolling under his wheels. He wasn't going fast enough to kill her, but still, it was really sad. And it pissed me off too. But I wouldn't say I was disturbed by it. The guy's getting charged for attempted homicide too.
I really do think some people just need to die. Being in a hurry to get to work is really not a valid reason to run someone over, whether you believe in their cause or not.

You'd have fun with a death note won't you?

Sorry but that 'some people just need to die' line just fit way too well into what I've seen as Kira's motives.

[Tsukasa567]
Metalic_Noodles

I was saying that it may desensitize them, giving them little fear of death, and quite possibly a scewed veiw of what death is.

Then again, death doesn't seem to cause me to break down, at all, but that's likely connected to a poor grasp of reality to start with.

If I'm so against books that aren't approved, why would I be fine with a book that has caused many wars, in schools and libraries?

Ever seen Ghost in the shell stand alone complex? Does 'copy cats with no original' ring a bell? Seems to me wars based off of what a book tells them is the same thing, like how the laughing man found the black mail letter, acted apon it, and then there were more copy cats. In the anime, though, each copy cat didn't write thier own continuation and start a war against the others, close, but not quite.

~Metalic_Noodles
I fail to see what is so wrong with not fearing death, it is a perfectly natural occurrence that really has no reason to be feared.

@ angel: Yeah, people blame it on what they read/watch/play because it's no longer anyone's fault that they do something bad, it's always the first scapegoat that they can find that is to blame.

@ artanus: Ehh... Hatchet vs. Genitals was pretty weak. xD BME pain contest was a little worse, but not much. xd

I phrased that wrong, Not nessisarily fear, but comprehend that it ends life that will no longer exist, likely going against reicarnation threories, but if they belived that they'd be scared of revenge would they not?
Understanding, respecting, fearing... I meant any of those.  

Metalic_Noodles

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:54 am
Iconised Ghost
aprilness

I dont really consider them to be pure poetry as such. But i never read lyrics and I dont like music where the lyrics rhyme so maybe they are the same xd

You don't have to really read them, they're meant to be listened to (talking about lyrics right now), but either way, finding some lyrics you really like isn't that different from finding a poem you really like.

I'm the same way, I don't like rhyming lyrics...they often come off as cliche sounding.

@Noodles: interestingly I'm not a big fan of Deathnote. I've read some of the manga but it just never caught on with me. But I do know the idea of it. ^^;; And yeah, if I had a deathnote I would kill people who viciously kill innocent people....>.>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:09 am
Iconised Ghost
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Metalic_Noodles

I wouldn't be surprized if it's stuff like that, whether they get it from the school or not, that desencitises kids so that a school shooting is nothing, and brings them the ability to do that withoutmuch thought.

~Metalic_Noodles

Books don't make people kill other people. Neither do movies, video games, the local news, or any other form of media, fictional or otherwise. talk2hand

Actually, as far as i know, no one knows whether books or violent videos etc do or dont cause people to kill other people. There is a correlation, but correlations do not imply causation wink basically no one knows which way the correlation goes, you need to do an experiment for that, and no one will get ethics permission for it mrgreen hurray for stats!
What I forgot to add was that they don't make normal people kill people. If there's a pre-existing mental condition or something (not able to tell reality from fiction, for example), then a person may be able to justify killing someone based on whatever media they saw, but I would argue that the person killed someone, not the book or game or what-have-you.

Basically, what angel said - people kill people. 3nodding

Iconised Ghost - They kill because they're ******** up in the head xD

Metalic - I would argue that one can't really say that they understand death until they've experienced it. I would also argue that death isn't necessarily the end of life - it's just the end of the life as we knew it. Who's to say that there's not a different phase of life after death?

Anyway, I've pretty well derailed the topic, so to get it back on track: Probably the most disturbing thing I've ever seen (as in TV, videos, etc) would probably be The Hills Have Eyes (both 1 and 2), because mutant inbred cannibal rapists are just disgusting. That being said, there's a part of me that knows that it was just acting and make-up, so it was really more gross than truly disturbing.  

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:36 pm
[Tsukasa567]
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

THEN YOU MY GOOD SIR, HAVE NO PENOR! D<

Hmmm if that was weak....show me something that will disturb me.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:35 pm
Dr Entropy
[Tsukasa567]
Metalic_Noodles

~Metalic_Noodles

THEN YOU MY GOOD SIR, HAVE NO PENOR! D<

Hmmm if that was weak....show me something that will disturb me.
OMG, YOU FOUND OUT MY SECRET!!!1!111

Anyway... ninja I don't have anything that would disturb you, I just look up stuff that other people tell me disturbs them. xd  

tsukasa_the_quiet

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:16 pm
Rowdy Roddy Piper

Iconised Ghost - They kill because they're ******** up in the head xD

Metalic - I would argue that one can't really say that they understand death until they've experienced it. I would also argue that death isn't necessarily the end of life - it's just the end of the life as we knew it. Who's to say that there's not a different phase of life after death?

but why are they ******** in the head? What made them like that? Why dont all people who are ******** in the head kill people? What other factors are there? OMG i love stats ^^

On the thing to metallic, it reminds of when my lecturer made the interesting point that you cant actually, conclusively prove that this life isnt just a dream. At first i was like "dont be stupid it cant be a dream! Because, uh, its not! I mean....what the ********?! >.<"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:00 am
aprilness
Iconised Ghost
aprilness

You don't have to really read them, they're meant to be listened to (talking about lyrics right now), but either way, finding some lyrics you really like isn't that different from finding a poem you really like.

I'm the same way, I don't like rhyming lyrics...they often come off as cliche sounding.

@Noodles: interestingly I'm not a big fan of Deathnote. I've read some of the manga but it just never caught on with me. But I do know the idea of it. ^^;; And yeah, if I had a deathnote I would kill people who viciously kill innocent people....>.>

And be Misa's boyfriend, er, girlfriend.

Oddly, from the start, I think even L assumed Kira was a guy. o.o Either creepy, or just an error of the part of the writer.

Anyway, if you think of it that way, why do we punish murderers instead of treating them with our highest respects? If they are mearly helping/allowing/forcing someone out of this world with so much sadness, hatred, and violence so that they might find the next one and be happier there praising them would be more logical than telling them they are ******** up bastards that should either be murdered themselves or locked in a cage for the remained of thier hell on this life.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:22 am
Metalic_Noodles
aprilness
Iconised Ghost
aprilness

Oddly, from the start, I think even L assumed Kira was a guy. o.o Either creepy, or just an error of the part of the writer.

Anyway, if you think of it that way, why do we punish murderers instead of treating them with our highest respects? If they are mearly helping/allowing/forcing someone out of this world with so much sadness, hatred, and violence so that they might find the next one and be happier there praising them would be more logical than telling them they are ******** up bastards that should either be murdered themselves or locked in a cage for the remained of thier hell on this life.

~Metalic_Noodles
Wow... So you think we should like, be giving murders positions of honor because they are smart enough to pull a trigger or stab someone? That's just stupid, I'm sorry to say.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:33 am
here! i found it!

the most disturbing thing to watch EVER: BWA HA HA HA HA!

rofl rofl rofl

or maybe its his video entitled "gaia nakie". eek

hoo! i had no idea! now we all have a new reason to tease saku! twisted  

WastelandMama
Crew

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:31 pm
[Tsukasa567]
Metalic_Noodles
aprilness
Iconised Ghost
aprilness

~Metalic_Noodles
Wow... So you think we should like, be giving murders positions of honor because they are smart enough to pull a trigger or stab someone? That's just stupid, I'm sorry to say.

For the record, I don't think murderers should be given positions of honor for killing. I don't think "they are merely helping/allowing/forcing someone out of this world with so much sadness, hatred, blah blah blah..." I never said or meant to imply any of that. I meant pretty much the opposite...that we should be killing murderers for murder, and not paying for them to stay alive in their own little cages, feeding them, etc.

EDIT: @bluegrass: I'm scared to click that link. Should I be looking at it with another person in the room, or are they going to think I'm a sick ********?
xd  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces