Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Medical community knows nothing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O: ******** that Ive never even tried to drink 8 bottles of water a day!
  XD
View Results

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:59 pm
Marurashi
ah hell i'm sure if you asked they could find a way that everything can lead to cancer! lol

people just get cancer, like rats just get tumors it happens.

and as far as water goes i hate drinking water at all lol so i guess i'm skrewed or maby ill just get cancer from not drinking enough water.

You probably drink mountain dew and lots of it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:24 pm
angel_half82
Marurashi
ah hell i'm sure if you asked they could find a way that everything can lead to cancer! lol

and as far as water goes i hate drinking water at all lol so i guess i'm skrewed or maby ill just get cancer from not drinking enough water.

Silly, that just causes infertility.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:56 am
[Tsukasa567]
angel_half82
Marurashi

It does?! s**t, i'm screwed. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:06 am
[Tsukasa567]
angel_half82
Marurashi

Then how'd my mom & dad manage to have me.... xd  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:58 am
EggaxSponge
[Tsukasa567]
angel_half82
Marurashi

It's an urban myth that Mountain Dew lowers a man's sperm count. I don't know if it's true or not, just thought it was funny. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:19 am
Knitterz
Artanus
[Tsukasa567]
churrlo
The way I see it... food is bad for you gonk
The way I see it, life is bad for you, but I'm addicted to it, so nothing is going to stop me.

Correction: Human life is bad for you. Without us the world would be going on merrily.

.-. you watched that thing on discovery didnt you?

No. I never watch discovery. Are you talking about the thing about what would happen if we weren't here?

@Tsukasa- Touché  

Artanus

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:25 pm
Artanus
Knitterz
Artanus
[Tsukasa567]
churrlo
The way I see it... food is bad for you gonk
The way I see it, life is bad for you, but I'm addicted to it, so nothing is going to stop me.

Correction: Human life is bad for you. Without us the world would be going on merrily.

.-. you watched that thing on discovery didnt you?

No. I never watch discovery. Are you talking about the thing about what would happen if we weren't here?

@Tsukasa- Touché

yep yep

XD the world would be a very happy happy place with us not around...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:49 pm
Sorry to take it back from this amusing Mountain Dew discussion (and I really mean that)

I think Drs are just finding ways to make money, all around. A while back they said eggs were bad for you, then people started to get sick with something because no one wanted to eat eggs.

Fat, because they make no distinction between unsaturated and saturated, people try to COMPLETELY remove from their diets... but once that happens, bad stuff will happen in your veins because, if i remember correctly, they aren't lubricated enough. I also think thats where Rheumatoid Arthritis came from.

And everyone knows that the first thing Drs do is prescribe some kind of medicine. Then they have to give more pills to counteract the side effects of the first one, and so on and so forth until you're taking a literal whole handful. Some people actually will take more than a handful..

And most of the things they prescribe pills for, people could avoid if they'd change their lifestyles. Diet changes and exercise will do wonders for about 90% of the human population.

Sorry for the long post but I really don't like where things are going with society in general, especially where Drs are concerned. They take advantage of those that are uneducated, and in most cases are nothing more than a bandage solution because they will only treat symptoms. In fact, in medical school, they try to teach you that your body is nothing more than a bunch of chemical processes. According to most Drs, you're not human, you're a bag filled with chemicals.  

Whispers of the Forest

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:24 am
yup the biomedical model of health is less than ideal >.<

not sure where you got the vein lubrication thing from. could be right but I think we need some forms of fat to form membranes of cells, to transport hormones and stuff like that (although that might be cholesterol >.<)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:49 am
Yeah it could be... I don't quite remember; it was a long time ago I heard that. At least a year.  

Whispers of the Forest

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:30 am
[Tsukasa567]
EggaxSponge
[Tsukasa567]
angel_half82
Marurashi

It's an urban myth that Mountain Dew lowers a man's sperm count. I don't know if it's true or not, just thought it was funny. xd

Yep its the yellow 5 in Mountain Dew.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:35 pm
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost
well too much of anything can kill u ^_^

Ben and Jerry's Ice cream cannot kill you. It can only make you happy.

actually, didn't one of them die from some heart thing related to eating entirely too much saturated fats over a lifetime of ice cream scarfing?

same thing happened to one of the baskin robbins guys, too.

sad. crying

also, mountain dew is ******** disgusting. it has hfc AND vegetable oil in it...

OIL in a soft drink! gah! gonk

i think the problem is that when stuff like soft drinks and candy bars first came out, they were marketed as a TREAT ((except snickers which was a meal replacement thing sweatdrop )). a TREAT that was only supposed to be partaken of once a week or so.

now people by 24-pack CUBES of soda and suck it all down w/in a week. sweatdrop ******** sad!

that's why, at mine and angel's house, there is no soda and nothing w/hfc in it. i even had to buy friggin "organic" ketchup because it was the ONLY ketchup w/out the hfc.

i cook almost EVERYTHING we eat from scratch. we eat lots of veggies and drink tea and 2% milk.

oh, another fun fact. in america, they take all the fat OUT of all the milk first, and then add it back according to what kinda milk it is. stare seems like a lot of work for nothing, but whatever...  

WastelandMama
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:26 pm
bluegrass cat

oh, another fun fact. in america, they take all the fat OUT of all the milk first, and then add it back according to what kinda milk it is. stare seems like a lot of work for nothing, but whatever...

o___O WTF?

ew...

I wonder if the vitamin D is there to hold it together? *gags*

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:00 am
Metalic_Noodles
bluegrass cat

o___O WTF?

ew...

~Metalic_Noodles

lol, no, the vitamin d is just in there.

they take out the fat so that they can guarantee that 2% has 2% of the fat that regular milk does and that skim IS really skim, etc.

all the extra fat they put into half & half. 3nodding  

WastelandMama
Crew

SakuChwan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:28 am
bluegrass cat
Metalic_Noodles
bluegrass cat

o___O WTF?

ew...

~Metalic_Noodles

lol, no, the vitamin d is just in there.

they take out the fat so that they can guarantee that 2% has 2% of the fat that regular milk does and that skim IS really skim, etc.

all the extra fat they put into half & half. 3nodding

*stockpiles half & Half for morning cereals*  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas