Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
online purchasing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NO HELLO KITTY FOR THE KITTY!
  *krikrikri*
View Results

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:12 pm
aprilness
Bikki Kobayashi V
I wanna get a gaming laptop. But since I am not going to be picking my laptop I'm going to end up with a refurbished dell that cost $500 dollars. Not really one made for gaming.

I do hope that the graphics cards are somewhat current and that it can connect to the internet so I can play Portal.

Though there was a site I seen that make Japanese school uniforms. I've always wanted to get a set.

My boyfriend has a brand new Dell that he has trouble gaming on, though I guess it's because it has a crappy graphics card. ._.

Japanese school uniforms scare me! XDD

And almost all anime I've bought offline has been bootlegged. I don't really care though...it's still the anime I want, just with sometimes bad subtitles. :/
That kinda make me feel more worried since the computer was rebuild or something. So it isn't new. So if his is new and has problems with games then mine doesn't have a chance.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:15 pm
bluegrass cat
alrighty, i am ******** pissed.
okay, i just bought s**t from gaia LAST NIGHT w/my visa card, and everything worked just fine, right? right!
so today i decided i needed to finally buy myself a nice spring/summer bag, and since i couldn't find one in any store, i went online.
found this INSANELY adorable hello kitty tote @ sanrio.com, bought it, a bunch of accessories, headed off to the checkout aaand....
ACCESS ******** DENIED, YO!
scream
according to sanrio, my billing address is wrong, despite the fact that i copied it letter for letter, number for number FROM MY CARD BILLING STATEMENT!
also, when i went to check my visa account online, what do i see?
PENDING CHARGES from sanrio!!!
wtf?!? now i have almost $100 tied up in a pending charge that's never gonna go through!
called sanrio customer service, but they have crappy hours ((no 24hr service is LAME!)). so i shot them an email and bitched @ them in the nicest way possible...
anyone else ever have this happen to them?
or are y'all too scared to make an online purchase due to hackers and whatnot?
((for the record, i'm actually worried about people getting my card info online, so i only use prepaid visa cards to make purchases. 3nodding ))
399animeshop.com

Bought a Death Note notebook 6 MONTHS AGO!

Still hasn't come in yet...  

xxKiria-Kunxx

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:18 pm
Komui Lee XII
bluegrass cat
okay, i just bought s**t from gaia LAST NIGHT w/my visa card, and everything worked just fine, right? right!
so today i decided i needed to finally buy myself a nice spring/summer bag, and since i couldn't find one in any store, i went online.
found this INSANELY adorable hello kitty tote @ sanrio.com, bought it, a bunch of accessories, headed off to the checkout aaand....
scream
according to sanrio, my billing address is wrong, despite the fact that i copied it letter for letter, number for number FROM MY CARD BILLING STATEMENT!
wtf?!? now i have almost $100 tied up in a pending charge that's never gonna go through!
called sanrio customer service, but they have crappy hours ((no 24hr service is LAME!)). so i shot them an email and bitched @ them in the nicest way possible...
((for the record, i'm actually worried about people getting my card info online, so i only use prepaid visa cards to make purchases. 3nodding ))
399animeshop.com

maybe its because of all the controversy surrounding the notebooks?

i know a lot of cities and countries are trying to actually ban them because idiots have been using them to threaten others. rolleyes idiots.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:22 pm
Well idk what the standard issue for graphics cards are. Do you know exactly what model you're going to get, because you could look that up >_>....  

Pachelbel Canon

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:22 pm
bluegrass cat
Komui Lee XII
bluegrass cat
scream
399animeshop.com

maybe its because of all the controversy surrounding the notebooks?

i know a lot of cities and countries are trying to actually ban them because idiots have been using them to threaten others. rolleyes idiots.
That reminds me. While I was still in school and before any Deathnote manga [possible] came out here I think there was a student at the school, or a nearby school that filled a notebook with names of people he didn't like and might have called it a deathnote or something like that.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:01 pm
Did he get in trouble for it or something?  

Pachelbel Canon

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:10 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
aprilness
Bikki Kobayashi V
I wanna get a gaming laptop. But since I am not going to be picking my laptop I'm going to end up with a refurbished dell that cost $500 dollars. Not really one made for gaming.

I do hope that the graphics cards are somewhat current and that it can connect to the internet so I can play Portal.

Though there was a site I seen that make Japanese school uniforms. I've always wanted to get a set.

My boyfriend has a brand new Dell that he has trouble gaming on, though I guess it's because it has a crappy graphics card. ._.

And almost all anime I've bought offline has been bootlegged. I don't really care though...it's still the anime I want, just with sometimes bad subtitles. :/
That kinda make me feel more worried since the computer was rebuild or something. So it isn't new. So if his is new and has problems with games then mine doesn't have a chance.

there doesnt seem to be any hard and fast rule with computers though. We have a hard drive from 98 that still works fine, and has NEVER had any problems. Then on monday my laptop that i have had for 10 months died. Just died. Wouldnt turn on. Nothing. So really it seems to be a gamble, unless you're prepared to pay mega bucks for super computers  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:14 pm
aprilness

He was arrested for it.

@Iconised Ghost

You do have a good point there. Maybe it might be better than I first thought.  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:07 pm
Bikki Kobayashi V
aprilness

He was arrested for it.

@Iconised Ghost

Well he deserved to be arrested for it. You can't do that kind of crap anymore.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 pm
angel_half82
Bikki Kobayashi V
aprilness

He was arrested for it.

@Iconised Ghost

Well he deserved to be arrested for it. You can't do that kind of crap anymore.
I agree. He could have really thought about doing harm to those people. I think it was a good thing I didn't know that person at all.  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:52 am
Iconised Ghost
Bikki Kobayashi V
aprilness
Bikki Kobayashi V

there doesnt seem to be any hard and fast rule with computers though. We have a hard drive from 98 that still works fine, and has NEVER had any problems. Then on monday my laptop that i have had for 10 months died. Just died. Wouldnt turn on. Nothing. So really it seems to be a gamble, unless you're prepared to pay mega bucks for super computers

Most laptops are pretty decent with graphics but just don't have the memory to handle the net-based games. It also depends on the operating system being used. Like basically whatever you do try to avoid Vista, it takes up sooooo much bloody space, and half of what's on there is completely useless. Little off topic yes...

Ok back on topic, I don't order stuff online much but my husband just ordered parts to build himself a new computer and newegg completely screwed up. They only sent him the disc for the operating system and the sound card. The rest was denied to be purchased and they never sent him an e-mail or any form of a notification as to why. He e-mailed and didn't have his questions answered and no one answered the phones when he called in the morning.

oh and bluegrass that bag is adorable and I do hope you get it. The only thing I ordered online recently was shoes and I recieved my order in two days and the shipping was free. w00t zappos!  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:16 am
pineapple07
[

Most laptops are pretty decent with graphics but just don't have the memory to handle the net-based games. It also depends on the operating system being used. Like basically whatever you do try to avoid Vista, it takes up sooooo much bloody space, and half of what's on there is completely useless. Little off topic yes...

noooo! Vista is lovely. Avoid taking the cheap way out and invest in decent ram and vista 3nodding and not just one or the other like i did xd  

Iconised Ghost

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:22 am
Iconised Ghost
pineapple07
[

noooo! Vista is lovely. Avoid taking the cheap way out and invest in decent ram and vista 3nodding and not just one or the other like i did xd

I re-installed Vista on my computer and took out the useless garbage that was on it, so it's not so bad anymore. But I still have my issues with it, if I try to use I.E and Firefox at the same time and use a website that requires Shockwave player it will make me download it for Firefox and then completely screw up Shockwave for BOTH web browsers! So I have to basically "go back in time" on my comp and fix it. DAMN YOU VISTA!!!  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff