Submit

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:48 am
Outlaw Effing Star! My favorite anime series. And deathnote comes close in second, they were really smart with the suspense in the anime. Every episode just ended at the perfect spot. The guys who make Naruto could learn from that series.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:28 pm
The guys [and gals] who make Naruto could learn from pretty much everyone. The only thing that they have going for them is character creation...

I've never watched Outlaw Star, though. I guess I'll have to see if I can track down some episodes online.  

124-C

Le Jomo

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:56 am
ONE of my favourites is Shakugan no Shana. Apparently "Shana of the Burning Eyes" in English. Yeah. It's English name doesn't give it the credit it deserves. It's got a good balance of comedy and fantasy. Even a little romance. I love it. ^^;

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:19 pm
Either Cromartie High School or Crayon Shin Chan. I also like Basilisk and DBZ. Good stuff 3nodding  

PandasRGr1mm

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:26 pm
OH man! I completely forgot about Outlaw Star! Xik, you're the man!

I have the entire series lying around in my room somewhere lol.

But being the car nut I am, Initial D still wins hands down. I'd much rather watch that than any of those car movies that have come out. (F&F, etc)  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Jaft
The last good one that I watched was Hajime No Ippo. Never has an anime made me pumped up to go work out.

Lol.

Too bad they stopped making episodes though. The manga goes on however.

I finished watching Kenichi so I thought I would give that one a try, Jaft. I watched the first couple of episodes and really enjoyed them! They're not as funny as Kenichi but just fun.

I agree on them pumping you up. Both animes do that to me, as do good martial arts movies...  

124-C

Yggdrasiln

Backwoods Backpacker

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:57 am
I really do not watch much anime, I'm more of a manga reader...But right now my favourite anime is Shugo Chara, but Speed Racer was my first so it'll always have a special place in my heart. <3

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:02 am
YamadaxHanatarou-kun
I really do not watch much anime, I'm more of a manga reader...But right now my favourite anime is Shugo Chara, but Speed Racer was my first so it'll always have a special place in my heart. <3
Go, Speed Racer! Go!

There is always a special place in the heart for your first. biggrin  

124-C

Novatierrie
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:54 am
Weiss Kreuz, ******** yeah. It's so terrible it's good. Except for when it's just plain good.

Some of my other favorites being Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Wing, Trigun, Yami no Matsuei, Code Geass, and Night Head Genesis.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:20 am
Novatierrie
Weiss Kreuz, ******** yeah. It's so terrible it's good. Except for when it's just plain good.

Some of my other favorites being Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Wing, Trigun, Yami no Matsuei, Code Geass, and Night Head Genesis.

I tried finding Weiss Kreuz online but failed. Maybe it has something to do with me refusing to use streaming sites?  

124-C

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:29 am
my favorite anime is always changing but right now its Saiyuki, I still love my first favorite, Yu Yu Hakusho and I love a bunch of other... some of which have been named in this thread xd I am an anime and manga whore  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:52 am
I hear a lot of praise for Saiyuki but never anything specific... Maybe I'll see if I can track down some episodes of that one too...  

124-C

Novatierrie
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:02 am
124-C
Novatierrie

I tried finding Weiss Kreuz online but failed. Maybe it has something to do with me refusing to use streaming sites?

Youtube count as streaming? 'Cause if so, yeah, I don't think it's anyplace else. Considering Kapitel (the first series) came out in '96 and Gluhen (the second) in '03, I'm not that surprised. The OVA is usually reliably available as a torrent, but mostly 'cause it never got released stateside.

You might try searching for 'Knight Hunters' instead. That's what it got named here. Knight Hunters Eternity for Gluhen.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:05 am
I have to say my favorites are usually series that don't go on forever...Bleach being the exception, because I do get a lot of enjoyment from that ongoing story.

Even if a series is long like say...Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle, I know that it will have an ending that isn't 50000+ episodes/books away. Sure it goes on for a while, but even long running CLAMP series come to an end before they get stale.

Some of my all time favorite anime/Manga series include:
Black Cat
S-cry-ed
Ouran Host Club
Escaflowne
Fushigi Yugi (One more disc to go before I finish the series!)
Tsubasa
xxxHolic

And the thing all of those have in common is that they're not horrifically long, or at least they don't seem to stretch on forever.

Much as I love Bleach, and I do...it fills me with heart , I really...REALLY want to see what else its creator could come up with. Tite Kubo's Zombie Powder, while unfinished, is really pretty cool, and some of the manga shorts included in the Zombie Powder books are interesting too. So I am really hoping that after Bleach, he either finishes Zombie Powder, or comes up with a cool new project whee  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Reiku Alche

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Okay, so I left out in my previous post that I'm a huge sucker for samurai comedies. Rurouni Kenshin and GinTama are my current favorites, though I haven't watched many others. Samurai Champloo was pretty cool, but I've quit watching TV for now, so I won't get to watch more of it till I get the DVDs. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Edit.:

Kyla_Ewens
Much as I love Bleach, and I do...it fills me with heart , I really...REALLY want to see what else its creator could come up with. Tite Kubo's Zombie Powder, while unfinished, is really pretty cool, and some of the manga shorts included in the Zombie Powder books are interesting too. So I am really hoping that after Bleach, he either finishes Zombie Powder, or comes up with a cool new project whee

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Yay! A fellow Zombie Powder lover! I was sad when I found out it was only 4 volumes long D: And that there was no anime to watch. . . emo In my opinion, it really could've been far superior to Bleach had it actually been finished  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff