Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
A step in Gay Rights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gay Marriage
  Yea
  Nay
View Results

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:10 pm
Iconised Ghost
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost
angel_half82
Goddess Ace
I believe that a gay couple should be allowed to get married - and if they wish to, to also have a religious ceremony. Why? Simple. You can be Gay and be Christian or Catholic or whatever else. My church doesn't discriminate against gays, hell, we even helped a Lesbian couple that was a victim of Katrina when no one else would. It all depends on how you interpert the bible as well as what you stay true to and not to.

As for the wedding part goes - if I was ever going to marry a girl, I'd still want my wedding dress. That's something you can't take away from a girl's dreams just because she's gay. I also want rice thrown at my head so birdies peck at it xD

So yeah, it's cool that Gay marriage is legal in California. This is probably going to be a big step for the gay rights movement.

You want bird seed thrown at you then. They banned rice a while ago because it makes birds stomachs explode after they eat the rice then get a drink of water. burning_eyes

I thought that was just a rumour gonk now i know what my next experiment in the ABA's pigeon lab will be twisted

Just think about what rice does when water hits it. Expands.
A bird has to eat little rocks to digest the food it eats if the food expands too fast then stomach explosion.

Yeah but would it expand enough to cause stomach explosion? And you've got stomach acid working away at the rice too, so it could balance out the expansion. It wasnt that dumb an assumption emo Do they really have to eat rocks? I did not know that

Yeah you notice that birds are almost always somewhere on the road?? They don't have stomach acid they have gullets. Gullets churn the food and little bits of gravel around until it is small enough to hit your car and never come off.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:18 pm
ooo that makes sense. I suppose they would get a fair amount of grit from their natural diets too- worms and stuff that eat dirt...?  

Iconised Ghost

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:19 pm
Iconised Ghost
ooo that makes sense. I suppose they would get a fair amount of grit from their natural diets too- worms and stuff that eat dirt...?

I'm sure they do.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:33 pm
angel_half82
Iconised Ghost

I'm sure they do.

I still want to steal the behaviour analysis pigeons though xd  

Iconised Ghost

Teka_The_Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:42 pm
Gay people have just as much right to do what they want as straight people.

Or that's my belief anyway...cuz they're really no different from us
3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:27 pm
I see no real point in being married other than for tax purposes, only actual reason I'd ever consider marriage. But, if gay people want to be married, then I think they should be able to do it.  

tsukasa_the_quiet

littlebluecoolwolfdemon

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:24 pm
I DELCARE THAT GAY PEOPLE CAN MARRY!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:44 pm
=D I'ma get married D:<  

churrlo

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:07 pm
Goddess Ace
I believe that a gay couple should be allowed to get married - and if they wish to, to also have a religious ceremony. Why? Simple. You can be Gay and be Christian or Catholic or whatever else. My church doesn't discriminate against gays, hell, we even helped a Lesbian couple that was a victim of Katrina when no one else would. It all depends on how you interpert the bible as well as what you stay true to and not to.

As for the wedding part goes - if I was ever going to marry a girl, I'd still want my wedding dress. That's something you can't take away from a girl's dreams just because she's gay. I also want rice thrown at my head so birdies peck at it xD

So yeah, it's cool that Gay marriage is legal in California. This is probably going to be a big step for the gay rights movement.

I second pretty much everything said here. You can believe in God and Jesus and whatnot and still be gay. A straight Christian shouldn't tell a gay Christian he/she can't celebrate his/her faith at their own damn wedding. Apparently the Bible condemns it. -_- It just seems hypocritical to say "God loves all of his children!" and then add "some restrictions apply."
For anyone that hasn't seen this.
Jesus vs. Jeezus
I've seen it a few times but it always makes me giggle.

I however, agree with churrlo in any case, that church and state should totally be separate. This country was founded on religion, but we have changed as a civilization and religion is held far less sacred than it was back then. I'm not trying to bash anyone's religion here or belittle their beliefs. I'm just saying, you're not going to get arrested for missing church or anything. It's not a big crime like it used to be...and it shouldn't be the focus of our laws.

What if a gay couple wanted to have, like, a wedding under some religion that condones homosexual marriage.. O_o They were celebrating their union under a different religion that didn't condemn them. Religions based around the Bible aren't the only ones out there.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:08 pm
churrlo
I don't think anyone wants the religious ceremony or expects it razz Religion has it's ways... no point in trying to change that D: I'm just for the legal rights blaugh

And for those of you who admonish religion so much maybe you should read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy D: Makes a lot of good points regarding religion =o (Golden Compass books)

That ending was ******** up! How can two 12-year-olds experience that kind of love fore each other? (As in not family love)

Many 12-year-olds don't even have those kind of hormones yet... gonk

*shudder*

*gasp* Churrlo combed his hair!!! surprised
~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:16 pm
as a christian. i have been brainwashed into thinking gay marriage is a horrible sin against god.

therefor, i say its wrong.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:34 pm
Metalic_Noodles
churrlo
I don't think anyone wants the religious ceremony or expects it razz Religion has it's ways... no point in trying to change that D: I'm just for the legal rights blaugh

And for those of you who admonish religion so much maybe you should read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy D: Makes a lot of good points regarding religion =o (Golden Compass books)

That ending was ******** up! How can two 12-year-olds experience that kind of love fore each other? (As in not family love)

Many 12-year-olds don't even have those kind of hormones yet... gonk

*shudder*

*gasp* Churrlo combed his hair!!! surprised
~Metalic_Noodles

You have to consider how ******** up they must have been after everything that happened to them xd It's not that weird then xd  

churrlo

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:38 pm
>_> I'm really curious now. I've never been terribly into fantasy books and never finished these XD...I'm awful at finishing books period, let alone "magically" ones. :/

I'm interested now though. ninja

Didn't see the movie either.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:04 am
Goddess Ace

Of course one can be gay and Catholic/Christian. The Church doesn't shun them because of who they are. Gays are simply called to a life of chastity and are told that they aren't to be married simply because marriage starts a family. Families are meant to have a mother and a father. Both spouses have their role in the house. The father as the brain. The mother as the heart. When two women or men get married, it completely distorts those roles.

aprilness
A straight Christian shouldn't tell a gay Christian he/she can't celebrate his/her faith at their own damn wedding. Apparently the Bible condemns it.

See my paragraph above

aprilness
It just seems hypocritical to say "God loves all of his children!" and then add "some restrictions apply."

So your saying the Ten Commandments should be thrown out too simply because they're restrictions? Doesn't that seem a little ridiculous? Every religion has rules. To think they shouldn't exist because they're restrictions on someone's freedom is like saying people should do what they want when they want when we all know we can't do that. Even the government agrees with that. Hence we have laws.

aprilness
I'm just saying, you're not going to get arrested for missing church or anything. It's not a big crime like it used to be...and it shouldn't be the focus of our laws.

Simply a matter of faith and how you devoted you are to it. If you choose not to go to Church or abide by its rules, thats between you and God.

aprilness
What if a gay couple wanted to have, like, a wedding under some religion that condones homosexual marriage.. O_o They were celebrating their union under a different religion that didn't condemn them. Religions based around the Bible aren't the only ones out there.

Then join that religion? My concern isn't what goes on in those religions. My concern is what goes on in the Catholic Church. They say gay marriage is wrong and so do I.  

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:35 am
Dr Entropy
Goddess Ace

Of course one can be gay and Catholic/Christian. The Church doesn't shun them because of who they are. Gays are simply called to a life of chastity and are told that they aren't to be married simply because marriage starts a family. Families are meant to have a mother and a father. Both spouses have their role in the house. The father as the brain. The mother as the heart. When two women or men get married, it completely distorts those roles.

Your opinion on marriage is very traditional but with today I think a lot has changed. First off, I'm not very keen on a man being called the "brain" and the women being called the "heart." I think both roles can be taken on by both parents. Secondly, I think as long as any parent loves, cares, and raises their child to be responsible, they can be a good family regardless of "distorted" roles.
But - I do see where you are coming. If I were to have a child and be in a relationship with the same sex, I'd have to explain to my child that I didn't know his or her father or simply that they don't have a Daddy. Sadly though, that's pretty common now a days with a lot of singer mothers (and fathers) raising their kids on their own.

I think we all just have different views on marriage and rasining a family etc, but it's not my place to tell someone they can't be married or have children due to religious reasons or it going against the norm of society.

@Angel: Dude O.O It explodes them D:

What if I got like a Chinese carton of rice xD  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas