Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Is it here yet? :O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Summer means...
  beach!
  Disney!
  sleeping in!
  summer's here? O_O
  all i get to do is work for summer. whooo. - provided by jfm :D
View Results

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:58 am
Boo summer. scream I hate summer.....  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:31 am
Why exactly do you hate summer? >_>  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:33 pm
MissMunchieMonster
Yes, it seems fantasy is mostly everyone's cup of tea. XD
I just love it, I'm surrounded by it. O_O
>_> I also have many versions of the same story, it's just when a new idea comes I have to integrate it into the story.

And thanks, I will also root for the, hopefully not so far off, publication of your book. ^_^

No kidding. XD I'm surrounded by it, too; Manga is my main source of it, though.. well, that and games. Its actually one of the reasons I'm really into the setting of medieval-like; Final Fantasy Tactics was the start of it, but when I saw Final Fantasy XII, it just made me like it even more; though my type of Fantasy-Medieval setting is minus airships.. XD More recently, I came across a Manga known as "The Good Witch of the West"; its actually something I got my girlfriend into, as well, so I've got her reading it, too. XDD ..but it being set in a fantasy-medieval-type background, with magic and stuff, it sort of set a tone for how I'd like my story to come off as; not like Good Witch of the West, but how things are handled, as rough examples. Bearing in mind, though, that I'd started writing the story well before I started even thinking about Manga; I didn't even know about it, back then.. XD;; Wasn't until I started my last two years in College that I got into it, when a friend told me about a Manga/Anime store in the town centre.

I also get a lot of inspiration from music; stuff from people such as Rekka Katakiri, (FINALLY found her "Kokoro no Akira" for download! heart ) and Dragonforce. They're like one of my primary sources, when it comes to writing and listening; Dragonforce are especially good for when I'm writing a battle scene, since the fast-paced music really gets me in touch with the characters battling. Others would include Anime and game music; for the latter, Deceitful Wings (Album Mix) from the Atelier Iris Soundtrack album kicks up a whole new mood; I'm actually planning on listening to it, when I get started on my final battle, since to me, it sets the tone for the ultimate bad guy. whee

Versions can be annoying; especially when you're like me, when you started the latest back in 2006.. XD;;

Thanks. ^^ Well, at least I know I've got another fan; friends and my girlfriend have really been the only people to know about it, since its start, back in about 2004, I think it was.. XD;; I'm kind of worried about hopefully, finally trying to get it published, though.. since its my "baby", I'm not really looking forward to having it torn about by some fat guy behind a desk, who probably wouldn't be able to set himself in the right mind frame for it.. I dunno.. I've got a very stereotypical nature, when it comes to things I've done, myself.. XD;;

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:31 am
This summer Egga is going to be SO busy.

To start, We will probably be going to Ohio because my mom's nuts. But my dad and I are pushing to go to Montreal because I want to see McGill again. (I'm thinking about applying there if I can stand the cold in winter).

Then I start Summer school which lasts for 6 weeks. No, i did not fail anything. It's to get ahead and take more courses. That goes from 8:30-1 so for three of the six weeks i have to go to Training with my coach right after school for three hours. smile I'll be soooo tired.

After School I have a week or two off before Super Duper Training Camp downtown. We may go to Otakon during this time. Then Super Duper Training Camp, where I will die pratically everyday, and then just chilling and my birthday.

Oh, and to top it all off, I have to teach myself a year of French because I asked my Latin teacher to place me in the wrong year this past year because I didn't remember how much french i knew. Therefore I have to skip a year. stressed  

MonsieurSponge

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:37 am
@Kitsukage-
XD Dang, Final Fantasy to me equals childhood, one of my friends would always talk about the latest FF game and would always brings magazines to class. He still comes over to my house with something new about FF.

eek I haven't seen the Good Witch of the West manga! I saw the anime a good time ago. I love it!

^_^ Yes, I look forward to reading your book and don't worry about being rejected, it's part of the process, many good book have gotten rejected a good couple of times before they've been published and became hits. ^_^ My advice is to keep those rejection letters and once you've made it you'll have them as souvenirs as a little reminder of how far you've come. That's what I'd do anyway. sweatdrop (You could also be like "TAKE THAT REJECTION LETTER!" scream ) ^_^ Do as you wish.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:40 am
MissMunchieMonster
@Kitsukage-
XD Dang, Final Fantasy to me equals childhood, one of my friends would always talk about the latest FF game and would always brings magazines to class. He still comes over to my house with something new about FF.

eek I haven't seen the Good Witch of the West manga! I saw the anime a good time ago. I love it!

^_^ Yes, I look forward to reading your book and don't worry about being rejected, it's part of the process, many good book have gotten rejected a good couple of times before they've been published and became hits. ^_^ My advice is to keep those rejection letters and once you've made it you'll have them as souvenirs as a little reminder of how far you've come. That's what I'd do anyway. sweatdrop (You could also be like "TAKE THAT REJECTION LETTER!" scream ) ^_^ Do as you wish.

FF gives a great blow to the world of gaming; especially with FFXIII coming to the PS3, at some point, there's major hype for the series, as well as all the FFVII stuff they're milking for all its worth. XD I personally prefer the Ivalice aspect of the FF line, though. Which pretty much sits with my preference in writing.. XD

Well, both myself and my girlfriend are really into it, and liking it, as well. XD I tried getting the next one, but unfortunately, the store didn't have it in; currently, I'm about 4 volumes behind.. on Volume 2. XD;; But indeed; The Good witch of the West is just brilliant. Its a really enjoyable Manga, and I'm going to guess that the anime is just as enjoyable.

Yeah.. though I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, I heard that it got rejected by one publisher, so she took it to another.. and now look at it; its even got films! XD But I think mine would lean towards more of a series, because its such a huge story; about half way through its creation, on Version 2, it currently stood at about 144 A4-size pages.. and version 3 will no doubt be MUCH bigger.. XD; But I guess its all how people look at it. One thing I will do, though, is laugh at the publishers who reject me, should I get that far. I think it'd be hilarious for them to reject what could turn into a best seller. XD That's one of my dreams, anyways.. From looking at J.K. Rowling, you could say I've got a great deal of respect for her, when it comes to what she has done; she took a small concept she held, got it published, and now, her little story has hit the big screen, and merchandise. that's the kind of thing most writers only dream about.

Sort of what I dream about, sometimes.. XD

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers