Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
: ( Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R. I. PSP
  (insert mournful phrase here)
View Results

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:34 pm
jfm567
Metalic_Noodles
jfm567
Metalic_Noodles
jfm567
Metalic_Noodles

$20

Get a Sega Game gear.

pwns PSP.

'nuff said.

~Metalic_Noodles

the 8 AA batteries it eats every weeks would quickly exceed the price.

AC cord for home and car.

~Metalic_Noodles

whats the point of having a PORTABLE handheld device if you have to leave it plugged in all the time? i might as well carry my 360 around. (they are about the same size anyways. xD)

You need a TV for the 360. The 360 doesn't come with a car ac plug, and consoles don't use batteries, so no playing outside the car, or in a blackout... AT ALL.

(I prefer a combination of my GBA and gamegear. My GBA, even with the light, just can't work in some lightings, including night. The gamegear, although backlit, is hard to see clearly, easily, unless it's dark. Together, I'm well covered.)

~Metalic_Noodles

DC to AC power converter, duh. $15 a unit. and technicly i could strap a battery to it, but, the HORROR.

@dana: FFVIII WAS TOO BORING. but it played well.

and yes, my friend said he was going to replace it but ill probably end up buying one before he reimburses me.

@angie: what if microsoft started making handhelds? =o
That would be sooooo awesome but microsoft won't pop one out right now since they are busy working on a few bugs on Vista :3  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:59 pm
A microsoft handheld would be hell.

They won't even fix their problems with the 360. My friend has had 4 360s now and finally he bought a PS3. The DS is an awesome handheld, but too bad most of the games on it are for kids. Nintendo could do great things... Anyways, the PSP is an awesome handheld, besides the memory and power. I mean, MGS and GOW are on it, that's all I need.  

Pixel Lulz

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:32 pm
Lullibee
A microsoft handheld would be hell.

They won't even fix their problems with the 360. My friend has had 4 360s now and finally he bought a PS3. The DS is an awesome handheld, but too bad most of the games on it are for kids. Nintendo could do great things... Anyways, the PSP is an awesome handheld, besides the memory and power. I mean, MGS and GOW are on it, that's all I need.

*imagines the color scheme for a microsoft gaming handheld* Dx

the only problem I had with the 360 was the design scheme, so i covered it with a skin. xD the psp is a great handheld i agree. it has a TON of RPG's and alot of random addicting games.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:35 am
I've only had one XBOX 360 I've never had any problems with it what so ever. I got mine when it first came out. Number one reason why people have to have their 360 replaced:

Because they sit the damn thing on carpet so heat cannot escape.

EDIT: Holy jeesus....
This is a resurrected thread.
*Faints*  

angel_half82
Crew

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:07 pm
angel_half82
I've only had one XBOX 360 I've never had any problems with it what so ever. I got mine when it first came out. Number one reason why people have to have their 360 replaced:

EDIT: Holy jeesus....
This is a resurrected thread.
*Faints*

not really, it was still on the front page.

anyways, yes, letting their xbox's overheat on carpet was one. but also, playing the damn thing 24/7 also hurts it. TAKE A BREAK.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:35 am
sucks for you...  

Umi_Goddess

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:27 am
angel_half82

A friend of mine never set his 360 on carpet, or any heat-restricting surface, and his still naffed up. (although I'm not sure on his usage.. not sure if he was playing non-stop, most of the time, or not) More accurately, he got the "Three Red Lights of Death", which are apparently pretty common. Although they replace without charge, its one hell of a farce in doing so. Took my friend a whole month to get it back; namely because they screwed up the mailing thing.

On top of that, a Microsoft Handheld would probably just be full of shooters, which is pretty much where the 360 kicked up from; Halo, back with the original Xbox, Gears of War, TimeShift, etc. Though I will admit there are the odd interesting games on it; (interesting to me, at least) one being Lost Odyssey, (I'm none too fond of Mass Effect; not really interesting, to me) but it isn't enough for me to warrant getting a 360, for the small number of games on it that I like. I'm one of those people who don't really see enjoyment in Shooters, unless you're playing with a friend, which I usually get dragged into at my friends' house, so.. XD

Anyways.. back into the main subject that jfm made this thread by! XD

Just to note, I've had mine for a little over 6 months now, and I've had no problems with it. Screen is still in one piece; not even scratched, and the disk tray is still operational. If it breaks, I've got a cover for it that holds the tray closed. XD Only problem with the stupid thing is it covers all the buttons underneath the screen, so you could go to press Start, and end up hitting select.. I'd love to hit the guy who made this thing.. >.>;

I like my PSP, though; one reason being they brought FF Tactics to it, which I'm sure all Europeans will know never came out of Japan & America, so I was gleeful about that being brought back; and some of the scenes having actual sequences, too, over the "in-battle"-style sequences.

Only thing is, I've not got many games for it, which I'm going to rectify, when I've got the cash to do so.

Crisis Core is on the list to get, as well. XD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:24 pm
wow
that really sucks sad  

Teka_The_Wanderer

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Kitsukage
angel_half82

A friend of mine never set his 360 on carpet, or any heat-restricting surface, and his still naffed up. (although I'm not sure on his usage.. not sure if he was playing non-stop, most of the time, or not) More accurately, he got the "Three Red Lights of Death", which are apparently pretty common. Although they replace without charge, its one hell of a farce in doing so. Took my friend a whole month to get it back; namely because they screwed up the mailing thing.

On top of that, a Microsoft Handheld would probably just be full of shooters, which is pretty much where the 360 kicked up from; Halo, back with the original Xbox, Gears of War, TimeShift, etc. Though I will admit there are the odd interesting games on it; (interesting to me, at least) one being Lost Odyssey, (I'm none too fond of Mass Effect; not really interesting, to me) but it isn't enough for me to warrant getting a 360, for the small number of games on it that I like. I'm one of those people who don't really see enjoyment in Shooters, unless you're playing with a friend, which I usually get dragged into at my friends' house, so.. XD

Anyways.. back into the main subject that jfm made this thread by! XD

Just to note, I've had mine for a little over 6 months now, and I've had no problems with it. Screen is still in one piece; not even scratched, and the disk tray is still operational. If it breaks, I've got a cover for it that holds the tray closed. XD Only problem with the stupid thing is it covers all the buttons underneath the screen, so you could go to press Start, and end up hitting select.. I'd love to hit the guy who made this thing.. >.>;

I like my PSP, though; one reason being they brought FF Tactics to it, which I'm sure all Europeans will know never came out of Japan & America, so I was gleeful about that being brought back; and some of the scenes having actual sequences, too, over the "in-battle"-style sequences.

Only thing is, I've not got many games for it, which I'm going to rectify, when I've got the cash to do so.

Crisis Core is on the list to get, as well. XD

Did he get the fan for the Xbox? That fan, I think, is my savior because I played mine for almost 48 hours straight a couple times and its never gone bad on me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:08 pm
I don't know if he has the fan or not, because I've never bothered to ask him about it. Not really being a fan of the 360, I've never really been too bothered about its accessories, and such. I'll suggest it to him as an investment to help keep his console cool, though. But I don't think overheating is really the problem, but again, not being a fan of the 360, I don't know what causes the three red lights on the 360's "life ring".  

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:01 pm
Kitsukage
I don't know if he has the fan or not, because I've never bothered to ask him about it. Not really being a fan of the 360, I've never really been too bothered about its accessories, and such. I'll suggest it to him as an investment to help keep his console cool, though. But I don't think overheating is really the problem, but again, not being a fan of the 360, I don't know what causes the three red lights on the 360's "life ring".

overheating causes the motherboard to warp.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:00 pm
jfm567
Kitsukage

overheating causes the motherboard to warp.

Bingo  

angel_half82
Crew

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out