Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Fire.....FUN! Pyros, unite! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you enjoy throwing random s**t into open flame (or a bonfire, watevr)?
  Yes! I love seeing what happens to it! Does it blow up?
  Nor really. I could kill myself. Even if it WAS in a fiery ball of death... ^^*
View Results

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:21 pm
I'll try and read it in the break, at the moment i cant read anything unless its about psychopathology, stats, or clinical interviewing xp I want to read Alive too, that sounds interesting...

I guess you could argue that being shot and dying instantly is the ultimate in losing awareness, you just lose it instantly question  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:30 pm
Iconised Ghost
I'll try and read it in the break, at the moment i cant read anything unless its about psychopathology, stats, or clinical interviewing xp I want to read Alive too, that sounds interesting...

I guess you could argue that being shot and dying instantly is the ultimate in losing awareness, you just lose it instantly question

Quantum physics tells us otherwise. Recollecting memories, creating dreams, and experiencing the world around us are often indistinguishable from observation itself. As such, it's impossible to prove that there is any correlation between your awareness, and the actual flow of time.

So it's not actual a loss of awareness. We don't know WHAT happens once you are no longer aware, but it's not the transition and feeling of death that was the original subject of our discussion, and what I care more about.

Start this video at 4 minutes, 11 seconds. It theorizes on the nature time/awareness itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGGkz7y7bEM
Not a credible source, but interesting none the less.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:43 pm
Exmucane
Iconised Ghost

Quantum physics tells us otherwise. Recollecting memories, creating dreams, and experiencing the world around us are often indistinguishable from observation itself. As such, it's impossible to prove that there is any correlation between your awareness, and the actual flow of time.

So it's not actual a loss of awareness. We don't know WHAT happens once you are no longer aware, but it's not the transition and feeling of death that was the original subject of our discussion, and what I care more about.

Start this video at 4 minutes, 11 seconds. It theorizes on the nature time/awareness itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGGkz7y7bEM
Not a credible source, but interesting none the less.

The first paragraph sounds like constructionist thinking (which i think is plausible and interesting, but would rather not know about it because it screws with my mind)

Sorry, yes it is terribly off topic  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:47 pm
eek Wow... how did this turn from a fire discussion into a death topic?!?!
I'm not sure if I like it or not....
Its very interesting, but at the same time, disturbing that you are talking about it....
O well...
heart rofl  

fuegofiera265

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:58 pm
firefiend371
eek Wow... how did this turn from a fire discussion into a death topic?!?!
I'm not sure if I like it or not....
Its very interesting, but at the same time, disturbing that you are talking about it....
O well...
heart rofl

because you can die by fire..?  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out