Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Well this sucks A** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

That b***h is gonna die!
  O.o
View Results

Artanus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:18 pm
Iconised Ghost
all i have to say is...yay bluegrass thinks im grown up mrgreen

and my 2 pence is that wisdom is knowing things, and intelligence is knowing how to use what you know. If that makes sense at all. And both develop with age (hopefully)

I would have thought it the other way around sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 pm
in·tel·li·gence /ɪnˈtɛlɪdʒəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-tel-i-juhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc.
2. manifestation of a high mental capacity: He writes with intelligence and wit.
3. the faculty of understanding.
4. knowledge of an event, circumstance, etc., received or imparted; news; information.
5. the gathering or distribution of information, esp. secret information.
6. Government.
a. information about an enemy or a potential enemy.
b. the evaluated conclusions drawn from such information.
c. an organization or agency engaged in gathering such information: military intelligence; naval intelligence.
7. interchange of information: They have been maintaining intelligence with foreign agents for years.
8. Christian Science. a fundamental attribute of God, or infinite Mind.
9. (often initial capital letter) an intelligent being or spirit, esp. an incorporeal one, as an angel.

wis·dom /ˈwɪzdəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[wiz-duhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.
2. scholarly knowledge or learning: the wisdom of the schools.
3. wise sayings or teachings; precepts.
4. a wise act or saying.

there you go :P

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 pm
Artanus
Iconised Ghost
all i have to say is...yay bluegrass thinks im grown up mrgreen

and my 2 pence is that wisdom is knowing things, and intelligence is knowing how to use what you know. If that makes sense at all. And both develop with age (hopefully)

I would have thought it the other way around sweatdrop

o really? well it doesnt really matter which way around the definitions go i suppose. Princeton's wordnet search definition thing says that wisdom is "accumulated knowledge or erudition or enlightenment" and that intelligence is "the ability to comprehend; to understand and profit from experience" but i dunno how accurate that source is  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:31 pm
Artanus
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

I may be a teenager 3nodding ,but that dosenot mean that i can't be clever than an adult......and i wasn't really arguing by the way , i was just sharing my openion + what i said is not from air or my own mind, i studied these things in books written by professional and experinced people,so to make simple to you,Don't mesure people's intelligence or experience with there age!

Not only is the "intelligence" portion of that last sentence wrong, as bluegrass mentioned, but the "experience" part too. There are many things in life that teenagers such as you and I just won't experience. But some will. I can make an educated guess, that you have never been forced to find work or housing to support yourself. I can judge this from the fact that you have regular internet access and spend that some of that time on Gaia. "Books written by professional and experienced people" don't give you the right to think you know about the life of men and women around world. Become one of these professionals or at the very least, become and adult, and then you'll be able to speak completely educated about these things.

And I'm not saying I understand either! I'm fourteen, and I try to accept the fact that I'm not as intelligent as most adults. ( rolleyes I haven't succeeded yet XP) But I definitely know I am not as experienced as most adults. That was a mouthful.

you probably are just as intelligent as most adults. 3nodding as in, you possess the same aptitude for learning. wisdom comes with age and through experiences.

i heard a quote someplace ((heaven help me but i do believe it was the steve harvey morning show of all places, lol)) that said something about how wisdom is priceless, but you have to sacrifice your youth for it. this is verra true. sweatdrop i WISH i were half as on the ball about stuff back in the day as i am now and i know i still have a loooong way to go to catch up to my daddy or grandma in terms of life experiences and stuff. crying

sucks.

on a funny note though, be happy you won't ever have to experience GIANT floppy disks, or a world where people think mcdonald's is healthy and appropriate to feed to small children 24/7, or a place where anyone who recycled is referred to as a hippy. xd praise be this generation will never have to experience that idiocy!

and @ ghost: hell yeah, you're so grown up! xd so sayeth i, one of the oldest guild members.

idk am i the oldest? anyone here born before 1981? whee  

WastelandMama
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:42 pm
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

I may be a teenager 3nodding ,but that dosenot mean that i can't be clever than an adult......and i wasn't really arguing by the way , i was just sharing my openion + what i said is not from air or my own mind, i studied these things in books written by professional and experinced people,so to make simple to you,Don't mesure people's intelligence or experience with there age!

lol, how this response is written...

the irony is killing me. xd

and as far as this: Don't mesure people's intelligence or experience with there age! wow, just wow. first of all, congratulations! you're almost as confusing as metallic! that's quite an accomplishment! second, intelligence is different than wisdom, and there ARE certain experiences ((like the ones i listed before)) that you can ONLY EXPERIENCE after becoming an adult. i don't expect you to fully understand this because goodness knows that i was the smartest person on the planet at age 16 and thought everyone else was an idiot.

however, i grew, i matured, i gained wisdom from living past the age of 21 and i realized that i, and all of my fellow teenagers, had about as much sense as a chicken with its head cut of. it was true then and its ((mostly! i love you, midori!!!)) true now. i'm not trying to INSULT anyone, i'm simply stating a fact. your brain hasn't finished developing yet. you have a lot of facts but extremely limited life experience to balance that. because of this, you have a skewed view of the world and how it works. its fine, because one day you'll grow out of it...hopefully. lord knows there are some idiots who NEVER grow up. heart

NOW i'm finished.

ANYWAY, back on topic: i agree with tsn, its totally for insurance purposes although i've never heard of a company having a one strike and you're out kind of policy...

even toyota will let you re-do "hell week" if you wish. confused

^_^ hehe I was mentioned!

*glances at Black Fire Ninja*

ninja

*pushes BFN out of imaginary circle around self*

"My club!" *little-kid face-scrunch pout*

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:37 am
bluegrass cat

and @ ghost: hell yeah, you're so grown up! xd so sayeth i, one of the oldest guild members.

someone said the other day i look like a 17 year old and act like a 30 year old. I didnt know whether to be insulted, pleased, or indifferent eek i intend to use it to my advantage either way mrgreen  

Iconised Ghost

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:40 am
You know ,its not a new thing to me,but i know its correct!!
"Never argue with adults,they are always right" stare

Thats all i have to say,actually thats all i could think off!

@ Mettalic : *looks at M.N* What club are you talking about?!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:09 am
You know, Black Fire Ninja, maybe if you learned how to use a comma correctly, people would take you more seriously. stare  

MonsieurSponge

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:24 am
EggaxSponge
You know, Black Fire Ninja, maybe if you learned how to use a comma correctly, people would take you more seriously. stare

actually, i know how to use commas correctly,but i dont wan't to use them correctly 3nodding Thanks for the notice,anyway!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:55 am
Iconised Ghost
bluegrass cat

someone said the other day i look like a 17 year old and act like a 30 year old. I didnt know whether to be insulted, pleased, or indifferent eek i intend to use it to my advantage either way mrgreen

lol, my mama tells me all the time that i was "born 40 years old". sweatdrop but, until just verra recently, whenever i answered the door, people asked if my parents were home.

crying

and everyone thought angel was a "cradle robber" when we first got married despite the fact that i'm a year and three months OLDER than he is. rofl  

WastelandMama
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:23 pm
bluegrass cat
Iconised Ghost
bluegrass cat

lol, my mama tells me all the time that i was "born 40 years old". sweatdrop but, until just verra recently, whenever i answered the door, people asked if my parents were home.

crying

and everyone thought angel was a "cradle robber" when we first got married despite the fact that i'm a year and three months OLDER than he is. rofl

lol thats hilarious rofl poor angel

btw guys, im pretty sure english is Black Fire Ninja's second language, so maybe you should cut him some slack  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:03 pm
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

*drawn circle around self with foot*

This one!

hrmph!

The people person who is naturally but unintentionally confusing in most posts club.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:02 pm
Metalic_Noodles
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

This one!

hrmph!

The people person who is naturally but unintentionally confusing in most posts club.

~Metalic_Noodles

Aha stare !

And what does that really have to do with meh??  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:44 pm
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Metalic_Noodles
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

This one!

hrmph!

~Metalic_Noodles

Aha stare !

confused

jesus, we're going to have a "crazy things that make no sense/captain obvious" off!!!!

TAKING ALL BETS NOW!

*ding ding* oh, its on! rofl  

WastelandMama
Crew

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:06 pm
bluegrass cat
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X
Metalic_Noodles
X-BLACK-FIRE-NINJA-X

This one!

hrmph!

~Metalic_Noodles

Aha stare !

confused

jesus, we're going to have a "crazy things that make no sense/captain obvious" off!!!!

TAKING ALL BETS NOW!

*ding ding* oh, its on! rofl

5 bucks on myself.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out