Reply Community Lounge
About abortion debates. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

palnoki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:14 pm
I never said don't have sex, I actually said you have to take responsability when you have it. All your points are great points and must be thought about before you have sex so that you realise this could happen and your ready for it when it does. Sex to me is looked at without the due respect that it deserves, it's very important in a relastionship to show your closeness but you have to accept the outcomes. If you create life and realise you made a mistake taking life based on the fact of imaturity for what ever reason does not justify the act of abortion. Adoptoin becomes the only recorse if you honor the life and let it live. Also adoptive parents are the REAL parents, being the biological contributor to a child does not make you a parent, love does. who ever loves the the baby as thier own and makes all the same sacrafices is their parent. I think a child raised with love will not be ashamed of being adopted and htink of all their happy loving memories as lies. Alot of people see adpotive families as second class or below them and they shouldn't they are just a different but acceptable type of family. Finally overpopulation can only be solved in 3 ways, you live beyond your resources and die usually through starvaton or no health care, you have a war and millions die, or you use all precautions and have sex or abstain. that is the only practical way to control over population in the world.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:07 pm
That still doesn't solve the problem with having thousands more children without a home. How is it fair to them?

What a great life to not have a home.  

God-Raped-Me

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:40 am
Thaliat Everwood
In the end, it doesn't matter what pro-lifers say, or if there is a law regarding the matter...if a woman really doesn't want to be pregnant, she WILL find a way to abort the fetus inside her.

Personally, I think this is one of the best reasons why abortion is legal. It's not like women weren't having abortions when when it was illegal; women would go to great lengths and put their lives and future fertility at risk to terminate the pregnancy.

Abortion will happen, one way or another; might as well have a safe, clean, legal way to do it. If the world magically changes and people stop having sex unless they're ready to start a family, then we can start banning abortion, because it won't be necessary.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:13 pm
Yes, it would be safer for abortion to be legalized so that women who choose to abort the fetus inside them can do it in a sterile clinic or doctor's office, rather than at home or in a back alley.

People often have sex without thought for the repercussions. Or have sex illegally. Or are forced against their will. Until all that changes, abortion should be legal. And women should be allowed the choice for abortion, rather than be forced to carry a fetus to term against their will by an uncaring government or abort secretly with a coat hanger. After all, it isn't like all women are going to abort, only the ones who aren't ready or do not want to have a baby.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ametrin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:42 am
Militant pro lifers seem hypocrytical to me.
If they really cared so much about unwanted kids, why don't they go adopt some instead of protesting against abortions and suggesting adoption instead, as if it was a solution to the unwanted pregnancy, which it's not.
Unwanted pregnancies just do happen and a medical proffessional abortion is a way to help in such cases.

By the way I am a devout Christian and still pro choice. I don't discuss this kind of stuff with people in my church though because they would surely be shocked beyond comprehesion, as they are convinced that a good Christian automatically must be anti choice, anti gay and anti evolution >__<  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:57 pm
I honestly can't think of anything scarier than being pregnant and, be it the government or your own family, not giving you the choice to abort.  

Connive

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:01 pm
Yup, and imagine that you wanting nothing more than to be rid of the being in you. That's what these women feel and they WILL go out and do anything to get rid of it. Some of those ways can be VERY deadly to her life as well and I hate that pro-lifers can't understand that.

It's like weed. Ya it's illegal but people STILL do it and you can't stop them from doing it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:19 pm
Yeah, but weed is a bit more enjoyable... ninja

Seriously, why don't more pro-lifers adopt if they are so staunchly opposed to abortions? I mean, if I really thought the kid would stand a good chance at going to a decent home rather than bounce from foster home to foster home, I'd probably be more willing to carry an unwanted fetus to term, as would many others...granted, the adopters would need to be paying all the medical expenses if I were to do that.

Under such criteria, I'd be willing to consider adoption over abortion...so long as all my demands are met. Duh.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:54 pm
Because they don't feel it's their problem. I was reading an argument GTR was having with one and this guy was dead against having anything at all to do with a child who was forced to be born. Regardless of the point that it was HIS fault the life was being born.

They don't care what happens, they just want to look smug and "proper" infront of everyone else. "I'm better than you because I saved a life" Is all they think. They don't think/care about what happens to that life after it's born, they just want to try and say they're making a good difference in the world.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:10 pm
God-Raped-Me
"I'm better than you because I saved a life" Is all they think.

Great example, GRM. This is quite often the attitude of those with the "so just don't have sex" argument.

With all the risks and negative consequences other than pregnancy than can possibly come from sex, don't you think most people would abstain if it really were as simple as "not having sex"?

I'm not saying this applies to every individual who touts this argument, but sometimes I wonder if most of them have just never gotten laid, or have no natural sex drive or what. o_O Responsibility is key, and I have no sympathy for someone who goes out time and time again and get knocked up because of refusing to use any sort of contraceptives or common sense. I've encountered two types of this kind of woman: the type who just keeps popping out the babies and has to give them to foster care because she never wanted them, or the type who has multiple abortions. Both cases are an abuse of the system.

But to just expect the human race to abstain from sex unless their trying to procreate...well, you might as well ask for pigs to fly. It's a nice thought, but not practical.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:02 am
Exctally! That's why there ARE contraceptives! People know the risk and they WILL try and avoid, and for the most part it works, just sometimes it doesn't and when it doesn't I don't believe it's fair for that woman to have to go through the pregnancy. I mean there are some people like me who think "Well damn, we did all that and I STILL got pregnant, there must be a reason!".

But people can't just "Not have sex" It's not something the human mind choose, some can, most can't.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:24 am
I am surprised that people have this much to say about abortion, not that it isn't a complex topic its just that mostly all the thoughts on it have been repeated to death on here, its not clever to re-word your view point and post it every now and again if it has already been said. Need new debate thread though I can't think of one at the moment gonk  

Mugen Nagrom

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:21 am
There's no argument here though, so we're commenting on other's post. Whether it's been said or not we still like acknowledging responces. That's what a discussion is.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:26 am
I realize that, that is kind of what I was doing. A discussion usually leads some were and is really a back and forth between people, this seems more like an argument that has dragged out for 4 pages then a back and forth, I'm not saying that is bad just tiresome.  

Mugen Nagrom

tubagirl 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:11 pm
I am pro life, and I dont believe that the unborn potential child should pay for the wrong doings of another. All people deserve the chance to be great and be all that they can be, but aborted babies never get that chance. Again, this is just my opinion, but everyone always talks about the mom's rights- what about the fetus? A single celled organism has a life, and an unborn child is more than that. Personally I hate the thought of abortion, but Partial birth abortion is my biggest one and abortions dont always work, too- there are survivors cry . Thats what really gets me.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff